Media Your gaming PC setup

I have an Acer Nitro 5. It’s a budget gaming laptop that I managed to find on sale. For the price it runs well. The built in screen was terrible, so I replaced it with a better screen I found online. I do need to upgrade the RAM though. Just leaving it on takes up 4 GB.

I’m more of a console gamer for the most part, but I still enjoy the PC games and visual novels I’ve played. Stray and Aokana: Four Rhythms Across The Blue in particular have been fun recently.

My only problem is my setup. I can’t find a position or chair that feels comfortable for long periods of time. Whenever I play a game on my laptop I end up hunching within ten minutes. Even when I sit up straight my back and neck become uncomfortable after a while.

What about you?

Last edited:
I have a lot of computers:

Custom Desktop:

Ryzen 9 5950X
6800 XT
32 GB RAM
4TBs of storage, 2x 2TB drives (1x PCIE Gen 4, 1x PCIE Gen 3)

Laptops:

14" MacBook Pro - work laptop that I use for everything
XPS 13 9310 - personal Windows laptop
Lenovo T14 - personal tinkering laptop running Linux
Lots of Raspberries Pi's
A Surface Laptop 3 I see under my coffee table, no idea why I have it

Next purchase will probably be a new M2 MacBook Air as I'd like to own own a Mac for personal use even if I currently use my work computer for that. I'll also probably consider upgrading my PC this Fall depending on gen-on-gen performance gains.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I have a lot of computers:

Custom Desktop:

Ryzen 9 5950X
6800 XT
32 GB RAM
4TBs of storage, 2x 2TB drives (1x PCIE Gen 4, 1x PCIE Gen 3)

Laptops:

14" MacBook Pro - work laptop that I use for everything
XPS 13 9310 - personal Windows laptop
Lenovo T14 - personal tinkering laptop running Linux
Lots of Raspberries Pi's
A Surface Laptop 3 I see under my coffee table, no idea why I have it

Next purchase will probably be a new M2 MacBook Air as I'd like to own own a Mac for personal use even if I currently use my work computer for that. I'll also probably consider upgrading my PC this Fall depending on gen-on-gen performance gains.
What’s the purpose of so many different computers? I earnestly would lose track of what the hell is on what

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
lmao currently i use a 2017 iMac to play League of Legends and i'm happy as a clam with this set up, i use it on a standing desk so eventually my little feets get tired from hours of standing and gaming :3

I'm guessing by set-up you mean chair/desk/etc. I've been using a shitty second-hand office chair that smells vaguely like wet dog when it gets too hot in my room (which happens frequently, New England summers with no air conditioning baby) and a tempered glass L-shaped desk I got off Amazon for like 60 bucks for almost three years now, always telling myself that I'll upgrade to something more respectable in the future and never in a financial position to actually justify it. Oh well, my posture is fucked anyways.

I do not recommend emulating me.

What’s the purpose of so many different computers? I earnestly would lose track of what the hell is on what
i just really like technology and it's how i treat myself. all of my important files are in the cloud so i don't use each device daily. sometimes i just want to tinker with physical hardware that i'm okay with breaking from a software standpoint when all is said and done instead of using something like AWS. the only devices i keep "as-is" are my tower and work computer. the only thing i have more of than computers are flash drives with random linux operating systems on it or gaming emulation based operating systems like batocera or HoloISO

I targeted black Friday sales for buying a computer and started window shopping months beforehand. So I already had a trial cart of parts once the sales went live, and then I worked from there. I recommend that as a great way to save hundreds on a new build. At least now I don't have to play the hideous Diablo 2 Resurrected. I'm serious. I recently evaluated the original two parts and realized how awful the new part is. It's even a shame that it still has a big online presence. Moreover, even the yesgamers.com site, where players exchange game items from this game, is still quite active and has a great online presence.

Last edited:
I have a mid-level PC with a 6600XT, 16 Gigs of RAM and some new Ryzen 5 CPU. It's more than good enough for anything I would ever need it for, I am not really into big budget AAA titles, I play mostly indie and older games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)