your favorite pokemon of every type

I'll take "basic" lists over the ones that try way too hard to be unique and quirky that have shit like Bruxish and Watchog on it
It kinda annoys me how anyone who has a list that includes more than one unpopular mon immediately get called as just trolling/being quirky. Idk some people are but I found most just have different tastes and some people prefer the more silly designs. Is it really unfanthomable that someone likes the psychidelic fish with funny lips.

It kinda annoys me how anyone who has a list that includes more than one unpopular mon immediately get called as just trolling/being quirky. Idk some people are but I found most just have different tastes and some people prefer the more silly designs. Is it really unfanthomable that someone likes the psychidelic fish with funny lips.

The color scheme bugs me more than the lips. It's blatantly magenta blue cyan, in a random pattern
Otherwise it's not offensively garbage of a design like Coalassal, or Impidimp

The color scheme bugs me more than the lips. It's blatantly magenta blue cyan, in a random pattern
Otherwise it's not offensively garbage of a design like Coalassal, or Impidimp
Fun fact: Dazzle Camouflage is a real thing, and used a chaotic pattern of contrasting colours to make it harder to ambush ships because it was more difficult to determine their range and heading. In other words, Bruxish isn't just being your average colourful tropical fish, the distracting pattern is there to match its signature ability (Strong Jaw is there presumably because triggerfish like Hawaii's state fish have teeth to crush shells)

Fun fact: Dazzle Camouflage is a real thing, and used a chaotic pattern of contrasting colours to make it harder to ambush ships because it was more difficult to determine their range and heading. In other words, Bruxish isn't just being your average colourful tropical fish, the distracting pattern is there to match its signature ability (Strong Jaw is there presumably because triggerfish like Hawaii's state fish have teeth to crush shells)
I still feel the color choice is poor, but that's interesting

I still feel the color choice is poor, but that's interesting
I dont think a concept thats meant to be psychodelic could be done any better. Mostly because the psychodelic aesthetic is just like that. All I could think off is having white stripes separating each color to make bruxish easier to look at

Yeah, I mean, if something like Eevee can be liked by someone, I can't see why Bruxish couldn't be liked either. I mean, between both, even though I don't like Bruxish, I'd take it all the time...

God Eevee has become obnoxious, even worse than Charizard in aspects. I think the funniest thing is that it wasn't even meant to have a white tipped tail, that was a mistake from the anime. It became canon after 1998, but eh
People need to realize cute can easily be generic or farcial, and isn't a personality or quality. It's a very subjective descriptor

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah, I mean, if something like Eevee can be liked by someone, I can't see why Bruxish couldn't be liked either. I mean, between both, even though I don't like Bruxish, I'd take it all the time...
God Eevee has become obnoxious, even worse than Charizard in aspects. (...)
People need to realize cute can easily be generic or farcial, and isn't a personality or quality.

(All I ever wanted was to be liked...)

You can be liked by being true to yourself
Not by being Pika 2.0, and being shoved in the limelight
Also not having your head inflated. Been an issue for starters since FRLG
There's a real aspect to this with Eevee. It was a great candidate for being a mascot for the series. Having something that starts as Normal-type but can end up as nearly half the types in the game is a very good quality for a starter to have, and it worked really well for XD and Conquest.

But then Let's Go decided that the Evolution pokemon shouldn't get to evolve and I basically went "screw that, time to start supporting Metagross instead."

There's a real aspect to this with Eevee. It was a great candidate for being a mascot for the series. Having something that starts as Normal-type but can end up as nearly half the types in the game is a very good quality for a starter to have, and it worked really well for XD and Conquest.

But then Let's Go decided that the Evolution pokemon shouldn't get to evolve and I basically went "screw that, time to start supporting Metagross instead."
A little off topic but this brings up an interesting idea: What Pokemon would be a good mascot for the series besides Pikachu?

Obviously we all want our favorites (Dragonite supremacy) to be the mascot, but there's more to it besides what we like. The reason Pikachu works so well is because it appeals to mostly everybody. Some people might be turned off by Garchomp's "masculine" design, for example, and some might be turned off by Sylveon's "feminine" design. I don't think either could work well as a mascot.

I think the best candidate would be a first stage starter. They're made to be cute and adorable. Rowlet or Piplup I can easily see being a good Pokemon mascot. Or something a little more different, like Furret. I think Furret would be a great mascot, considering how similar it is to Pikachu. It's cute, gender neutral, appeals to everybody, and sucks ass in competitive (that last one isn't important but they do have it in common). I mean, not everybody is super invested in Furret, but I've never seen any hate towards it.

So it's settled, Furret is the new Pokemon mascot. Put it in Smash Bros

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
You can be liked by being true to yourself

But it always feels like I'm being pulled 8 ways...

Not by being Pika 2.0, and being shoved in the limelight

But Pikachu is ~SO COOL~ and ~POPULAR~. Hey, wanna join our fan club! We have Raichu, most of the other "Pikaclones" (their name, not mine), and of course our club president, Mimikyu.

Also not having your head inflated. Been an issue for starters since FRLG

IT'S AN ALLERGY CONDITION YOU JERK!

Guess I should give my two cents on Mascot Eevee:
I agree that one of the charms of Eevee was a bit it wasn't pushed as much as Pikachu which made it quite unique whenever they did put it on equal level as it. However they're now doing it too often and doing it at the cost of what made Eevee special: it's multiple evolutions. Infact Eevee's popularity was almost opposite of the reason of Pikachu: Pikachu had mass appeal in its base form while Eevee has mass appeal because it could become so many other Pokemon. Taking that away, you just got a generic Normal-type (unless you do what Let's Go did and gave it a batch of special Elemental Moves).

So what todo about Eevee? Well, two things. Either stop giving base Eevee the special mechanic cause, no, no matter how hard you try GF Eevee will never be competitive (at the very least allow the other Eeveelutions in on the special mechanic) or go back to doing what made Eevee special and introduce more Eeveelutions. And whenever there's a thing or game which requires a notable mascot and you don't wanna use Pikachu, how about also letting Eevee sleep it out. Give the spotlight to another one of the 800+ Pokemon. Eevee should only be used if you could also incorporate its evolution gimmick; we have plenty of cute mons that does what base Eevee does.

Oh then you're probably not gonna like Let's Go Hoenn's game, Let's Go Beldum & Bagon...

A little off topic but this brings up an interesting idea: What Pokemon would be a good mascot for the series besides Pikachu?
At this point it would have to be a generational mascot thing.

• Gen II didn't quite push any Pokemon in particular. Certainly there was some attention on Togepi, Marill, and Snubbull thanks to the anime & first movie, and Hoothoot and Elekid during early game promoting. Marill also fit the latter category and it had it's own school yard myth with "Pikablue", so gonna say Marill.
  • Gen III I feel like Ralts family gotten plenty some attention to make it the standout.
  • Gen IV is certainly Riolu.
  • Gen V is tough, it's not Zorua no matter how much they tried. Being American wanna say Rufflet but it was made a counterpart with Vullaby (at least if they make Let's Go Unova they have an easy pair there). Since Gen V was sorta a spiritual reboot, or a new direction, maybe make it Emolga which itself was a nice twist on the Pikaclone.
  • Gen VI I feel it was Fletchling for similar reasons as Emolga in Gen V, it re-invented the Gen Bird into something pretty worth wild which was important in this Gen as they started introducing less new Pokemon so every Pokemon felt like it counted. Maybe Flabebe because it's essentially the Fairy-type rep for the gen it was introduced.
  • Gen VII would be hard not to pick Mimikyu, however Rockruff is another really good choice.
  • Gen VIII gotta be Wooloo.

Furret's overrated
All he wants to do is walcc, why are you so against Pokemon who only have a simple goal in life?

Also I see someone failed No Nostalgia Critic November
Oh good, are finally fully cancelling him nearly a year after it was revealed him, his brother, and producer/manager abused people they brought to their site & made money off of? Because, let me tell you, I haven't been watching him for LONGER than just November (and Cinema Snob too; can't believe AVGN did recent collab vids with them).

I think we shouldnt get more eeveelutions AND eevee should lose the spotlight. Ban it to the shadow realm

Seriously, Eeveelutions add nothing of value to the line other than "well i guess it can evolve to another type". What's the point when none of them have any interesting lore to speak off and they all look like they were made in 10 minutes on a deviantart base? It doesnt even need the attention new evos give, eevee is the second mascot already. Is some poison or ground type eevee really providing anything of substance other than "well we HAVE to do all types"?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think we shouldnt get more eeveelutions AND eevee should lose the spotlight. Ban it to the shadow realm
Can it at least have a Dragon-type to finish off having an Eeveelution of all the Types that were considered "Special" in Gen I (maybe also a Ghost-type cause it should have been Special, not Dark-type which should have been Physical; heck I'd also give it a Normal-type just to confirm these three would be the final Eeveelutions unless they make a new Type which feels like it would be something compatible with Eevee)?

Seriously, Eeveelutions add nothing of value to the line other than "well i guess it can evolve to another type". What's the point when none of them have any interesting lore to speak off and they all look like they were made in 10 minutes on a deviantart base? It doesnt even need the attention new evos give, eevee is the second mascot already. Is some poison or ground type eevee really providing anything of substance other than "well we HAVE to do all types"?
Can it at least have a Dragon-type to finish off having an Eeveelution of all the Types that were considered "Special" in Gen I (maybe also a Ghost-type cause it should have been Special, not Dark-type which should have been Physical; heck I'd also give it a Normal-type just to confirm these three would be the final Eeveelutions unless they make a new Type which feels like it would be something compatible with Eevee)?
Normal Eeveelution should be this (Art by RJ Palmer, the same guy that worked on Detective Pikachu with other artists)

Getting back of topic... I decided to remake the massive Favourite Pokémon chart I had posted some time ago here. The featured Pokémon are the same, but the style is more consistent, especially for the Gen VII Pokémon now that their corporate art is known.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)