your favorite pokemon of every type

1663411828314.png

Edit: My three favorite games are Platinum, SoulSilver, and Black. So I went with four of my favorite playthrough Pokémon from each of those games, along with two memorable boss mons from each of those as well. Resulting in the eighteen you see above.

Last edited:
1629225463005.png

Twitter compressed this to hell but :)
Honestly my favorite pokemon change a lot from day to day, there's a lot that I like and I can't really define a rigid one per type. The only ones that are permanent are turtonator and orbeetle tbh

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Here’s my list of favorite.

1629232888132.jpeg

NOTE: I love Mismagius too, but I just happened to like Misdreavus more even If it was single-stage at the time. Galarian Stunfisk is also one of the very, very few ”weak-to-mediocre-strength” Pokémon I unironically love due to absurdly hilarious concept and neat design, even if actual uses isn’t the best. Oh, and Seviper is also great enough that I firgive it being single-staged, but that 458 BST doesn’t make sense for such a fierce looking rival of Zangoose, whose matched BST doesn’t make sense either.

It looks the same as above but…
0D32FBE7-8755-4C91-8974-7D9D02C6B791.png

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness look at that mosntrous fish called Basculegion! I never knew I wanted an evolution of Basculin until now!!

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
here's mine, I have a lot of normie picks lolView attachment 381215
This is probably the most "normie" taste I have seen thus far. Your picks when all put together basically embody the textbook depiction of what the typical person out there would like of all the Pokemon thus far, let alone actually know of.

Only things that are missing are Gardevoir, Dragapult, and Toxtricity. Throw those three into the picture and combined with this you'd have the picture perfect depiction of a "normie" taste in Pokemon.

Not saying this as a bad thing. It's just that I find this particularly notable that you claim to have a lot of normie picks for your favorite mons of each type, and just about all of them are "normie" picks in that they are among the most popular and iconic Pokemon of all time.

I made an updated list
1635734307595.png

The only ones I'd say are 100% set in stone are: Dragonite (My favorite), Gengar, Breloom, Gardevoir, and Dracovish, for one reason or another. The first 4 are just because I really like those and no other Pokemon from those types can compare, and Dracovish is set in stone cause it's funny in competitive and I don't like most Water types.

The ones that are most subject to change are definitely Snorlax, Garchomp, Lycanroc-D, and Typhlosion. The only reason Typhlosion is subject to change is just because my opinion changes a ton, even if I like it a lot. The others are also ones I like but can definitely be overshadowed by another Pokemon in the future due to their, atleast to my picky ass, flaws.

What are some Pokemon I could see appearing on this list in the future? The only one that barely misses the list here would be Hippowdon for favorite Ground. I really like Hippowdon, and hippos are cool, but Garchomp just barely makes it here over it because it has a little more coolness factor. Other ones could be Drampa for Normal, Tyranitar for Rock, and Talonflame for Fire.

You should expect this list to change within the next 24 hours minutes

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I decided I wanted to finally pursue the goal of listing all of my favorites from every type from each of the eight regions now. Maybe nine regions depends on how Legends: Arceus and Hisui turns out. Here's the first part, consisting of my Kanto and Johto picks. Unlike most of your guys's picks, these choices are for the most part my official, final picks given the current rosters. Rules include no Megas and yes to regional variants. Let's begin.

Kanto picks:
F50B3636-96C1-4ED3-8A0B-17535F1794BD.jpeg

Johto picks:
CFFF4580-C4CA-45B5-833E-774C86AA678A.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)