your favorite pokemon of every type

The maker for this hasn't updated recently, so I guess I'll update my chart manually. Since we're a couple weeks out from SV release now and people are just freely posting the new mons anyways, I won't spoiler it, but I'll put it below the quoted post below so you can squint your eyes and scroll past it if you don't want to see anything new!

View attachment 304669

I was expecting to have more ghosts on this list to be honest :P. Marshadow could have gone in fighting, freeing up space for another ghost, but it's my favorite Pokemon and favorite type so it deserved the ghost slot. :P

Looking over the list to see which gens I like most:
  • Gen 1: 3 (not counting Alolan Raticate)
    • contenders that didn't quite make it were :kabutops:, :nidoking:, :zapdos:
  • Gen 2: 0
    • :ampharos: and :scizor: were close for electric and bug, though. Also fond of :xatu: and :misdreavus:.
  • Gen 3: 1
    • :metagross: got beat out in its type slots, and I'm also fond of many from my original Ruby roster: :solrock:, :mawile:, :cacturne:, :walrein:
  • Gen 4: 2
    • :garchomp:,
      , :rotom:, :drifblim:, & :torterra: were other contenders
  • Gen 5: 1 (not counting Galarian Darm)
    • other contenders are :chandelure:, :golett:, :genesect:
  • Gen 6: 3
    • other contenders: :hawlucha:, :pumpkaboo:, :goodra:, :greninja:, :klefki:
  • Gen 7: 4 (includes Alolan Raticate)
    • other contenders include
      , :buzzwole:,
      , :decidueye:, :guzzlord:, :naganadel:, :zeraora:
  • Gen 8: 4 (includes Galarian Darmanitan)
    • other contenders: :runerigus:, :cursola:,
      , :grimmsnarl:, :grapploct:,
Evidently a bit of a bias toward later gens. A lot of that comes from these gens introducing more ghost types and regional forms. Possibly also because the older mons have had more time to ferment and fall in/out of favor.
favmonsdec2022.jpg

Change log:

• Decidueye :decidueye: has replaced Trevenant :trevenant: as favorite grass type. It was always a dead heat for this slot, and during the update I felt more in favor of the owl instead of the tree.
  • Hisuian Zoroark has replaced Alolan Raticate for favorite normal type. This one is not close, though Hisuian Zorua could also be a contender here.
  • Iron Thorns :iron-thorns: has replaced Arctozolt :arctozolt:. While I do like Arctozolt quite a bit, Iron Thorns is just such a solid design, and adorably chonky, and takes the spot, even if competitively it's not an improvement over Ttar :tyranitar:.
  • Iron Bundle :iron-bundle: has replaced Galarian Darmanitan Zen-Mode. This one is also close, it's the fact that Zen mode is just a form and the hilarity of a Delibird clone being busted that gives Iron Bundle the slot.
  • Fluttter Mane :flutter-mane: has replaced Mimikyu :mimikyu:. Flutter Mane is by far and away my favorite new mon. In gen 2 I wanted Misdrevus to be my new favorite since my sibiling stole Gengar :gengar: at the time, and I was disappointed when Misdreavus :misdreavus: turned out to be not that strong. Then, after waiting years for an evolution, the evolution turned out to still be outclassed by Gengar. But now we have a remix of Misdreavus that not only has a great type, but is super busted! Childhood dream come true! Another point against Mimikyu was the lore of the disguise. It always slightly bugs me when an entire species of Pokemon wears something, and I have to headcannon that Mimikyu is some sort of horrifying eldritch ghost spider and makes its disguise out of its own silk (and I guess the Pikachu disguise became super popular among the species or something). The points against Flutter Mane are the baddy bad name and the snaggle tooth, but I can forgive those.
Other new mons that I like a lot but are edged out by the current choices:

• For Fire, Ceruledge :ceruledge: is in contention for Blacephalon's :Blacephalon: slot, and maybe someday could take it over. Armarouge :armarouge: could also be a contender here and for psychic, and I like armarouge slightly better than ceruledge, which keeps them both out of the top slot. I also like Iron Moth :iron-moth: a fair bit. SV had some really great fire types.
  • Water: Blastoise :blastoise: was my first ever Pokemon, and a turtle, so I can only see a water-ghost Blastoise form or Paradox knocking it from this slot. Of the PLA and SV mons, Basculegion :Basculegion: and :palafin-hero: would be strong contenders for the slot if not for Blastoise.
  • Psychic: Armarouge :armarouge: could have gone here as well if not for Mewtwo :mewtwo:, which is another mon that I doubt could be knocked from this slot.
  • Rock & Poison: Glimmora :glimmora: is a strong contender for these slots, but can't quite beat a dragon t-rex or Gengar :gengar:.
  • Bug: I think if Slither Wing :slither-wing: had been bug/dragon, it could maybe have knocked Volcarona :volcarona: out of this slot.
Edit: funny enough, all of the SV changes to my favorites list were mons based on gen 2 mons, despite no other gen 2 mons making the cut.

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Ransei's thread was dope and I want to see more of your favorites.

Site here

View attachment 303162
Grass - Rillaboom
Fire - Infernape
Water - Suicune
Normal - Snorlax
Electric - Zeraora
Psychic - Mewtwo
Fighting - Lucario
Rock - Tyranitar
Ground - Garchomp
Flying - Zapdos
Bug - Genesect
Poison - Grafaiai
Dark - Umbreon
Ghost - Mismagius
Ice - Weavile
Steel - Scizor
Dragon - Dragonite
Fairy - Clefable

It doesn't look like the site is updated for Generation 9.

Mine are:

Bug: Shuckle

Dark: Drapion

Dragon: Eternamax Eternatus

Electric: Zapdos

Fairy: MImikyu

Fighting: Koraidon

Fire: Primal Groudon

Flying: Mega Rayquaza

Ghost: Mega Gengar

Grass: Scovillian

Ground: Mega Steelix

Ice: Glalie

Normal: Arceus

Poison: Muk-Alola

Psychic: Ultra Necrozma

Rock: Mega Aerodactyl

Steel: Dialga-Origin

Water: Pyumukku

Mine are:

Grass: Flapple
Fire: Salazzle
Water: Gastrodon
Normal: Blissey
Electric: Sandy Shocks
Psychic: Espeon
Fighting: Iron Valiant
Rock: Tyranitar
Ground: Nidoqueen
Flying: Corviknight
Bug: Slither Wing
Poison: Muk / Alolan Muk
Dark: Umbreon
Ghost: Flutter Mane
Ice: Cloyster
Steel: Magnezone
Dragon: Latias
Fairy: Sylveon

I wanted to avoid any double nominations, for example for Flying type I nominated Corviknight but for Steel type I nominated Magnezone instead.

This was very rough for me.
For some types, like Ice type for example, I have only a few pokémons I really like, while for Water, Fairy or Ground types for example there are many choices.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)