YellowAdminSilver vs Granny Pie 2v2 FE Training Match

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rules said:
2v2 FE Training match, standard rules and shit.

2v2 Singles
72 Hour DQ
3 Substitution
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Normal Arena
Team YellowAdminSilver
One of Silver's first memories is that of a shadowy figure of white and black, ever-present and ever-watchful over the boy's shoulder. Silver can't recall a time when he wasn't being observed by this mysterious silhouette, yet he never felt threatened by it. As soon as he was old enough to set out on his journey with Pokémon, Silver knew what he was searching for: this flash of white from his childhood. Silver has never known for sure whether Soul is the Pokémon that watched over him as a child, and Soul has always stayed silent when his trainer asks him about it. Nonetheless, and despite his steely demeanor, more than his first Pokémon, Soul is Silver's guardian and closest friend.

Soul - Absol (M).
Type: Dark
Dark STAB; ignores Attract and Confusion status entirely when using Dark-type damaging and non-damaging attacks. Immune to all status moves used by a Pokémon with the Prankster ability (as well as all moves summoned by a Prankster-boosted non-damaging move).

Abilities: Pressure / Super Luck / Justified (U)

Nature: Mild (+1 SpA / -1 Def)

Stats:
HP - 90
Atk - 5
Def - 2 (-)
SpA - 4 (+)
SpD - 3
Spe - 75
Size class - 3
Weight class - 3
Total: 20

Credit to the amazing DJTHED for the amazing sprite
Soul - Mega Absol (M).

Abilities: Pressure / Super Luck / Justified (U) / Magic Bounce (M)

Nature: Mild (+1 SpA / -1 Def)

Stats:
HP - 90
Atk - 6
Def - 2 (-)
SpA - 5 (+)
SpD - 3
Spe - 115
Size class - 3
Weight class - 3
Total: 23
MC: 0

Attacks (51)
Level up:
Perish Song
Me First
Razor Wind
Detect
Scratch
Taunt
Feint
Leer
Quick Attack
Pursuit
Bite
Double Team
Swords Dance
Slash
Future Sight
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Egg:
Magic Coat
Play Rough
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Megahorn
Baton Pass

TM:
Ice Beam
Rock Tomb
Torment
Will-O-Wisp
Payback
Stone Edge
Thunder Wave
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt
Dark Pulse
Rest
Sleep Talk
Giga Impact
Hyper Beam
Hidden Power [Grass]
X-Scissor
Shadow Claw

Tutor:
Counter
Endure
Knock Off
Bounce
Iron Tail
Superpower
Snatch
Rock Slide
Throat Chop

Event/Anime/Manga:
Wish

Boop

Hilda - Ninetales-Alola (F)
Type: Ice/Fairy
Ice STAB; Immune to Hail damage, freeze status, and Sheer Cold. Frost Command.
Fairy STAB; The consecutive move usage penalty for using damaging Fairy-type moves is reduced to two (2) from four (4).

Abilities: Snow Cloak / Snow Warning (U)
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA / -1 Atk)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 2 (-)
Def: 3
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 4
Spe: 109
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 2
Total: 20

Attacks (41)
Level up:
Powder Snow
Tail Whip
Roar
Baby-Doll Eyes
Ice Shard
Confuse Ray
Icy Wind
Payback
Mist
Feint Attack
Blizzard
Sheer Cold
Dazzling Gleam
Imprison
Nasty Plot
Ice Beam
Safeguard
Hex

Egg:
Agility
Disable
Encore
Freeze-Dry
Moonblast
Hypnosis

TM:
Hail
Protect
Double Team
Substitute
Aurora Veil
Frost Breath
Toxic
Psyshock
Hidden Power [Ground]
Hyper Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Tutor:
Foul Play
Pain Split
Covet
Heal Bell
Role Play

Team Granny Pie

Tomohawk [Deck Knight] (Male)
The year is 2018. A shipwreck has left Granny Pie stranded, alone on a beach, dying. He wavers in and out of consciousness over the few days, watching the Mandibuzzes creep closer and closer every time he musters the strength to open his eyes. The last thing he sees is the foul vultures descending upon him, as another shape bursts from the tropical treeline. It all fades to black.
When GP reawakens, he's in a small cave with a wide entrance, letting in a surprising amount of. light. A small rivulet runs through the stone next to him, but his strength fades once more as all he can do is breathe and watch the running water. The sound of fluttering feathers ruffles into the cave, and GP realizes that the foul birds must have taken him away to eat him later as he closes his eyes and waits for the end. He's surprised when a soft hand cups his mouth and pours cool water into it. Granny Pie coughs at the unexpected intrusion and sees a Tomohawk pulling its feathered hand away to cup some more water from the rivulet. This time, the Tomohawk lifts Granny Pie's head before cupping the water into his mouth, water that GP drinks thirstily. After a few more cups, Tomohawk puts GP's head back down, and flutters back out the cave entrance, leaving Granny Pie with only more questions and an uncontrollable tiredness.
For the next week, this Tomohawk helped Granny Pie recover, feeding and nursing him back to health. As GP regained the power to talk, he began to ask questions. "Where am I?" "Who are you?" "Why are you helping me?" "Where are my Pokemon?" All that met him was silence and an oddly cold, analytical stare. Until eventually, GP was healthy and ready to go. He found his backpack at the front of the entrance of the cave, nearly torn to shreds by whatever shipwrecked him and sent him to this desolate beach. He put the backpack back on, but it was just as Granny Pie feared: All of his Pokeballs and Items were gone. He'd lost everything. "I need to find my Pokemon," he said to the Tomohawk clearing rocks from the mouth of the cave. It looked up at him, staring through GP's soul. "They mean everything to me, and I've lost them." He pauses. "I need to get them back. Can you help me? Please." The Tomohawk blinked slowly, and then flapped its way onto GP's shouler, gripping his shirt with its claws. Granny Pie let out a soft snort of amusement, and asked "What can I call you? 'Tomohawk' just feels so impersonal." The Tomohawk cocked its head, and reached around Granny Pie's back, into his torn bag, pulling out a small, damp scrap of paper. It was from Granny Pie's Trainer Contacts book, and all that was left was part of a name: "Deck Kn". "So Deck, huh? You like that?" Tomohawk's frown never wavered, but his head bobbed as thought to nod. "Alright, Deck. Let's do this."
Types: Flying/Fighting
Flying: STAB; immunity to Ground attacks and the Arena Trap Ability except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Unaffected by Spikes or Toxic Spikes. when switching in. Able to hit Pokemon in the evasive stage of Bounce, Fly or Sky Drop with single target moves tagged as #Reach.
Fighting: STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw.
Abilities:
Intimidate (Trigger) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage (and adjusting the natural stage) by one (1). If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as a Command, and will affect all opponents. Command: Activate Intimidate - 5 En - Lowers all foes' Attack (and adjusting the natural stage) by one (1) stage. Only usable if a foe entered play this round.
Prankster (Passive) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks a +1 increase in priority level. Dark-types are immune to all non-damaging attacks (as well as all moves summoned by a non-damaging move) used by a Pokémon with this ability.
Justified (Hidden) (Passive) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokémon's Attack will increase one (1) stage (adjusting the natural stage).
Nature: Bold (+1 Def, -1 Atk)
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 2 [-]
Def: 4 [+]
SpA: 4
SpD: 3
Spe: 85
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20
Attacks:
Aura Sphere
Sunny Day
Morning Sun
Aerial Ace
Whirlwind
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Baby-Doll Eyes
Harden
Focus Energy
Rock Smash
Roar
Noble Roar
Sky Drop
Air Slash
Earth Power
Hurricane
Roost
Haze
Yawn
Memento
Stealth Rock
Brick Break
Return
Frustration
Taunt
Protect
Fly

Cawmodore [Perry] (Male)
WIP
Types: Steel/Flying
Steel: STAB; immune to Sandstorm damage, immune to Poison/Toxic status, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, making them susceptible to Poison-type attacks and Poison/Toxic Status.
Flying: STAB; immunity to Ground attacks and the Arena Trap Ability except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Unaffected by Spikes or Toxic Spikes. when switching in. Able to hit Pokemon in the evasive stage of Bounce, Fly or Sky Drop with single target moves tagged as #Reach.
Abilities:
Intimidate (Trigger) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage (and adjusting the natural stage) by one (1). If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as a Command, and will affect all opponents. Command: Activate Intimidate - 5 En - Lowers all foes' Attack (and adjusting the natural stage) by one (1) stage. Only usable if a foe entered play this round.
Volt Absorb (Passive) This Pokemon absorbs all electrical attacks and instead of taking damage, recovering 50% of the damage an electrical attack would have done. Thunder Wave has no effect on the Pokemon.
Big Pecks (Hidden) (Passive) This Pokemon's sturdy wings prevent its defense from being lowered. The rate its defense stage drops towards its natural stage after a boost is also halved from one every round to once every two (2) rounds.
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 4 [+]
Def: 5
SpA: 2 [-]
SpD: 3
Spe: 118
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21
Attacks:
Leer
Peck
Growl
Swift
Metal Claw
Screech
Wing Attack
Belly Drum
Bullet Punch
Anchor Shot
Drill Peck
Pursuit
Mirror Move
Quick Attack
Razor Wind
Drain Punch
Knock Off
Roost
Fly
Acrobatics
Substitute
Protect
I think the rules I listed are standard, correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome to another exciting bout, this time between a full CAP team versus a full GF team! From type matchups alone, Granny Pie's all CAP team seems to have the advantage, but YAS's Pokemon have the experience advantage with their deeper movepools. This match can potentially go either way!
Order:
Granny Pie decides on Item, Switching, and Ability clauses
YellowAdminSilver sends out and equips
Granny Pie sends out, equips, and orders
YellowAdminSilver orders

I'll fuck it up, don't worry.

Sending out Deck the Tomohawk with an EXP Share!

[ALWAYS TRIGGER INTIMIDATE A1] Aura Sphere --> Air Slash --> Aura Sphere

IF Absol is to use Me First when you are to use Air Slash, THEN use Stealth Rock, and restart queue.
IF Absol is under D/E when you are to act, THEN use Fly, and restart queue.
IF Absol is to use a damaging Electric-type combo, THEN use Protect, and restart queue.

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Round 1​

@ Exp. Share
Soul [Absol] (Male)
EN: 100
STATS: 5/2/4/3/75
Ability: Pressure / Super Luck / Justified
FIELD EFFECTS: None​

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
STATS: 2/4/4/3/85
Abilities: Intimidate / Prankster
Typing: Flying / Fighting
Battle Calculations said:
Action 1
Tomohawk used Aura Sphere!
Damage: (8+3+2)*1.5=20
Crit: 966/2400 NO
-7 EN

Absol used Future Future Sight [Future Sight+Future Sight]!
-35 EN

Action 2
Tomohawk used Air Slash!
Damage: 8+3+2=13
Hit: 236/2400 YES
Crit: 269/2400 NO
-7 EN

Absol is on cooldown!

Action 3
Damage: (8+3+2)*1.5=20
Crit: 679/2400 NO
-7 EN

Absol used Thunder Wave!
-7 EN
Tomohawk was paralyzed!

@ Exp. Share
Soul [Absol] (Male)
HP: 37
EN: 58

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
EN: 79
STATS: 2/4/4/3/85
Status: Paralyzed, Future Sight+Future Sight to hit next round​

Deck has a straight forward plan this round, hit hard and hit reliably. To this effect, he starts off by nailing Soul with an Aura Sphere, who is preparing an incredibly powerful Future Future Sight for next round. Deck continues his assault with an Air Slash followed by a second Aura Sphere, while Soul releases a Thunder Wave towards Deck, paralyzing him!

Bad matchups suck, and YAS is feeling it this match with Tomohawk remaining untouched while Absol sets it self up for next round. Will paralysis and a Future Sight combo let YAS make the best of a bad situation?

ORDER:
YellowAdminSilver orders
Granny Pie orders
I ref

Endure - Future Sight - Ice Beam
[IF] Aura Sphere is used [AND] you would move first based on speed order, use Torment that action instead
[IF] a healing move is used, use Snatch on the first and second instances, Future Sight on the third
[IF] Taunt is used, use Magic Coat that action instead​

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Round 1​

@ Exp. Share
Soul [Absol] (Male)
HP: 37
EN: 58

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
EN: 79
STATS: 2/4/4/3/[43]
Status: Paralyzed, Future Sight+Future Sight to hit this round​
Action 1
Absol used Endure!
Absol is bracing itself!
-15 EN

Tomohawk used Brick Break!
Paralysis: 1340/2400 NO
Damage: (8+3)*1.5=17
Crit: 843/2400 NO
-7 EN

Future Future Sight [Future Sight+Future Sight] hit!
Damage: ((12*2.25)+2)*1.5=44

Action 2
Absol used Future Sight!
-8 EN

Tomohawk used Air Slash!
Paralysis: 1761/2400 NO
Damage: 8+3+2=13
Hit: 1424/2400 YES
Crit: 1352/2400 NO
-7 EN

Absol endured the hit!

Action 3
Tomohawk used Protect!
Paralysis: 1622/2400 NO
-11 EN

Absol used Ice Beam!
-7 EN
Tomohawk protected itself!

@ Exp. Share
Soul [Absol] (Male)
HP: 1
EN: 28

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
HP: 56
EN: 54

Soul is determined to stay in this match, tensing its body to ensure it can Endure Deck's attacks. Deck fights through paralysis to deliver a Brick Break to the battered Soul- who is concentrating once again for a Future Sight attack next round. Deck follows up with an Air Slash, lowering Soul to 1, and then immediately Protects himself from the retaliatory Ice Beam.

The Future Sight combination hit and Tomohawk lost almost half of its health. What a hit! Granny Pie has a considerable lead, with Tomohawk dodging full Paralysis to put Absol down to one. Still, YAS may be able to even up the score if yellow magic works in their favor, but Absol's energy is getting low.

ORDER:
Granny Pie orders
YellowAdminSilver orders
I ref

Aura Sphere --> Rock Smash --> Aura Sphere

IF you are paralyzed, restart queue.
IF Absol is under P/E when you are to act, THEN use Roost and restart queue.
IF Absol is under D/E when you are to act, THEN use Fly and restart queue.

I think Absol should have 7HP but it doesn't really matter

Ice Beam - Future Sight - Ice Beam
[IF] Deck has 17HP or less when you would act, use Thunderbolt that action instead​

24% chance gogogo

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Round 1​

@ Exp. Share
Soul [Absol] (Male)
HP: 7
EN: 28

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
HP: 56
EN: 54
Action 1
Absol used Ice Beam
Damage: (9+2)=17
Crit: 740/2400 NO
Effect: 1437/2400 NO
-7 EN

Paralysis: 769/2400 NO
Damage: (8+3)*1.5=17
Crit: 616/2400 NO
-7 EN

Absol fainted!

Future Sight hit!
Damage: (12+2)*1.5=21

@ Exp. Share
Soul [Absol] (Male)
HP: KO
EN: 21

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
HP: 18
EN: 47

My bad for assuming Tomohawk would have put the Absol to one.

Soul is able to fire off an Ice Beam before going down to Deck's Aura Sphere. However, last round's Future Sight kicks in, putting Deck into the danger zone against the incoming Alolan-Ninetales.

What a fight! Absol put Tomohawk through the ringer, and could have beat it if full paralysis proc'd at all. Now Granny Pie is looking at a critically injured Tomohawk versus a big mean Alolan-Ninetales, giving YAS a chance to even this match up.

ORDER:
YellowAdminSilver orders
Granny Pie orders
I ref

Rood. Hilda isn't mean >:(

Sending out Hilda the Ninetales @ Exp. Share!
[Activate Snow Warning] Moonblast - Dazzling Gleam - Moonblast

[IF] Memento is used, use Subsitute [15HP] that action instead
[IF] a P/E move is used, use Nasty Plot on the first instance, Substitute [15HP] on the second. Do not trigger consecutively.
[IF] Taunt is used [AND] Taunt was not used on the prior action [AND] Taunt is not to be used on the following action, use Protect that action instead.​

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Round 1​

@ Exp. Share
Hilda [Alolan-Ninetales] (Female)
STATS: 2/3/4/4/109
Ability: Snow Cloak / Snow Warning
Type: Ice / Fairy

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
HP: 18
Action 1
Tomohawk used A Reminder of the Transient Nature of Life, and a Show [Taunt + Memento]
Paralysis: 78/2400 YES
Tomohawk was paralyzed and unable to act!

Alolan-Ninetales used Moonblast!
Damage: (10+3+2)*1.5=23
Crit: 1893/2400 NO
Effect: 2377/2400 NO
-6 EN

Tomohawk fainted!

@ Exp. Share
EN: 94

@ Exp. Share
Deck [Tomohawk] (Male)
HP: 0

Deck hawks back to its high school drama days and prepares to present his magnum opus insult/play "A Reminder of the Transient Nature of Life, and a Show", but disaster strikes the stage! Deck is paralyzed, his aspirations dying with him as Hilda sends him to the void!

Granny's luck finally runs out and paralysis sets in, just in time to deny Tomohawk any chance of impacting the Cawmodore vs Alolan-Ninetales matchup! Now the match is tied up 1-1 with two healthy and fresh Pokemon going up against each other! Will Alolan-Ninetales be able to beat the type disadvantage against CAP's very own frigate bird?

ORDER:
Granny Pie sends out, equips, and orders
YellowAdminSilver orders
I ref

God fucking dammit I think I've actually lost

Sending out Perry the Cawmodore with an EXP Share!

Anchor Shot --> Metal Claw --> Anchor Shot
IF Anchor Shot is Disabled when you are to use it, THEN use Bullet Punch.
IF Ninetales has active clones, THEN use Razor Wind and push back.
IF Ninetales is to use Encore AFTER you use Razor Wind, THEN use Bullet Punch that action.

idk if this is relevant but weather-inducing abilities cost Energy when you enter the field, so Ninetales should have 10 less EN

Climate Change Denialism of Doom! (Blizzard + Sheer Cold) - Cooldown - Blizzard + Sheer Cold of Doom

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Round 4​

@ Exp. Share
EN: 84
FIELD EFFECTS: Perma Hail​

@ Exp. Share
Perry [Cawmodore] (Male)
HP: 80
STATS: 4/5/2/3/118
Abilities: Intimidate / Volt Absorb
Typing: Steel / Flying
Action 1
Cawmodore used Anchor Shot!
Damage: (8+3+2)*2.25=30
Hit: 558/2400 YES
Crit: 1790/2400 NO
-5 EN

Alolan-Ninetales used Climate Change Denialism of Doom [Blizzard + Sheer Cold]
Damage: 11+25+3+2=41
Crit: 1844/2400 NO
Effect: 2080/2400 NO
-38 EN

Cawmodore takes -2 HP from Hail!

Action 2
Cawmodore used Metal Claw!
Damage: (5+3+2)*2.25=23
Hit: 1178/2400 YES
Crit: 458/2400 NO
Effect: 1520/2400 NO
-4 EN

Alolan-Ninetales is on cooldown!

Cawmodore takes -2 HP from Hail!

Action 1
Cawmodore used Anchor Shot!
Damage: (8+3+2)*2.25=30
Hit: 389/2400 YES
Crit: 1060/2400 NO
-5 EN

Alolan-Ninetales used Climate Change Denialism of Doom [Blizzard + Sheer Cold]
Damage: 11+25+3+2=41
Crit: 571/2400 NO
Effect: 273/2400 NO
-50 EN

Cawmodore fainted!

Alolan-Ninetales fainted!

@ Exp. Share
HP: 7
EN: ENKO
FIELD EFFECTS: Perma Hail​

@ Exp. Share
Perry [Cawmodore] (Male)
HP: KO
EN: 86
STATS: 4/5/2/3/118
Abilities: Intimidate / Volt Absorb
Typing: Steel / Flying

Perry vs Hilda, the matchup to decide the match! Perry leads off with a hard hitting Anchor Shot, chunking Hilda for a third of her health! Hilda doesn't take the attack lying down and launches an intense Climate Change Denialism of Doom!, hammering Perry with a Blizzard of snow and ice and the Sheer Cold of the attack. Perry continues with a Metal Claw while Hilda is still recovering from her last attack, and then strikes her with another Anchor Shot, lowering her health to critical levels! Hilda, now recovered, expends the last of her energy for one last decisive Climate Change Denialism of Doom!, KOing Perry just as she collapses from exhaustion! It's a double ORKO!

Both players are tied!

And that's the match. Granny Pie gives YAS a chance by not ordering Anchor Shot x3, and YAS returns the favor by giving us a double KO, ensuring both player get their counters worth.

This was a fun match to ref, thanks for bearing through my slip ups.​

Rewards:
YellowAdminSilver: 3 CC
Absol: 6 MC
Alolan-Ninetales: 6 MC, 2 KOC

Granny Pie: 3 CC
Tomohawk: 6 MC, 1 KOC
Cawmodore: 6 MC, 1 KOC

cbrevan: 13 UC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)