"Worst Pokémon Ever"

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Leave my wonderful steel gun dragon alone

e: It does, however, have one of the worst looking g-maxes
Wait, you’re telling me you DON’T like the trump tower??? Impossible, improbable

so as to flesh out a little, I’ll give my thoughts on the keldeo conundrum. I don’t think they ever really claimed it as the leader of the SoJ. They just claimed that it had been trained by the SoJ in order to grow and fend for itself. If anything, I feel as if Cobalion fits the leader role more than Keldeo, mostly because of the movie influence, but it also comes off as most leader-like.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Keldeo is actually the "student" member of the Swords of Justice, and it's effectively the youngest one who was adopted by the other three and raised and trained by them, a la D'artagnan in the Three Musketeers (who the Swords of Justice draw inspiration from).

In that sense, Keldeo being better than the other three competitively is actually somewhat ironic considering its status relative to Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.

I think Duraludon is actually really good (or at least I like the design andtyping), it has an improved version of Mold Breaker that lets it bypass moves like Rage Powder and bypass moves like Lightning Rod, and people actually use it a lot.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I think Duraludon is actually really good, it has an improved version of Mold Breaker that lets it bypass moves like Rage Powder and bypass moves like Lightning Rod, and people actually use it a lot.
Not quite re: Stalwart. It only ignores the redirect effect, all other effects of abilities still come into play (so if it uses Thunderbolt on a Lightning Rod Pokemon it still doesn't do damage).

But, it turns into Gyrados. I don't mind Magikarp because it does have some nice Pokedex entries and works well as the fish no one wants.

I'll go and nominate Voltorb.

The design is literally a Pokeball with some eyes glued on. It is annoying, Arceus help you if you find it in a Nuzlocke and it uses Self Destruct, and it's... it's....
Why.
honestly, you could nominate a good chunk of the kanto dex.
I'm changing my vote to dugtrio.
View attachment 329405

"Hey boss, how are we gonna evolve magnemite?"
"Add two more."

And no, dugtrio and dodrio aren't off the hook either. this is the laziest design ever.

Right... Somehow forgot about Spearow and Doduo...
fifth. there was farfetch'd too.

I might get lynched for this but fuck it.

I HATE with a passion Charizard. Easily the most overrated POS in the world. Regular Charizard is awful competatively. All you need to do is throw a pebble at it and its dead. Everyone and their mother picked him as their starter. Despite some pokes needing a better mega they gave this fucker 2 megas. Y keeping it's awful typing while nerfing weather. X looks like the flames are slobber. Going back to Gen 1 GF pissed everyone off by not making him a dragon and people bitched until we got a mega with one.

Also for the overrated reason I hate Blaziken. Not as much but still not a fan at all.
Goddamn agreed on charizard. it's not even a dragon, it's just a spicy lizard-bat. Blaziken is cool though. it deserves the reputation it has.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!

I'm not sure if these lines have been brought up before but I will bring these up, because the Patrat and Pidove lines are among those few Pokemon that I dislike for quite a few reasons.

First of all is that they are both pretty visually unappealing: Watchog's eyes give me the creeps and it's really awful to look at, and Unfezant is pretty boring in design.

Second is the fact that they are both completely ass in combat, and have nothing interesting going for them.

But tying into the above, and the biggest reason I dislike the Patrat and Pidove lines, is that they clearly only exist for one reason, and that's simply so that Gen 5 would have Pokemon who fulfill the "generic two-stage early route Normal-type rodent" and "three-stage early route bird" archetypes, without making any attempt to be interesting outside of that. I don't mind when they always try to abide by the archetype checklist for each generation, but ideally I think it works best if they make the archetype Pokemon more interesting and unique as Pokemon, which Patrat and Pidove don't do.

This is especially bad when you consider that they're sandwiched between Gen 4 and Gen 6 which both made attempts to make their early route archetype Pokemon more interesting and forge their own identities: Bibarel got a second typing and a fun gimmick in Simple, and Diggersby also has a second typing and is very usable thanks to its Hidden Ability. For the birds, you have Staraptor and Talonflame from those respective generations, which while take after Pidgeot in terms of evolutionary structure and archetype and in-game role, are both cool looking and have good stats and movepools to make them good Pokemon: Talonflame even has a Fire typing instead of a Normal type to make it interesting. This just makes Watchog and Unfezant's awfulness stand out even more.

But the most frustrating thing about Patrat and Pidove, and the thing that really makes them unnecessary even in the context of Gen 5, is that in this very same generation they introduced Lillipup, who takes after aspects of both of their archetypes and is far more unique as an early route Normal-type: it's pure Normal like the rodents, and three-stage like the birds, and combines it into a Normal-type who is both interesting in design and has good stats and a nice movepool to make it a great early route Pokemon and one of the more refreshing ones in the series, and Stoutland also is unique in that it's a dog, a not a rodent or a bird like other early route Normal-types, and its design is very cool and appealing in its own way. Lillipup itself is also pretty cute, which Patrat isn't.

Stoutland by itself takes after some of the generational archetypes and puts its own unique spin on it, and this just makes Watchog and Unfezant stand out as entirely unnecessary, especially when you consider that not only are they both awful in battle, they are both worse picks for a Gen 5 in-game team than Stoutland is, and the dog has way more potential to be a strong ally in the long term than Unfezant or Watchog will be. The only difference is that Stoutland can't fly (obviously), but that's not an issue in the context of BW1 when you get some better Flying-types than Unfezant at a reasonable point in the game such as Sigilyph and Archen who are far better long term. You could feasibly get rid of the Patrat and Pidove lines from existence and just keep Lillipup and you literally lose nothing of value in the process. Stoutland by itself could be the only early Normal-type to exist in Gen 5 and it would work just fine. But nah, we just *had* to also have an exact Rattata and Pidgey expy too, and so we let's just put in Patrat and Pidove and make them as shitty as possible too.

This is all coming from someone who considers Gen 5 to be their favorite generation, but in all honestly all of these aspects combined with their overall unappealing designs make the Patrat and Pidove lines among the few blemishes of Gen 5's roster of Pokemon. I think Gen 5 has a lot of great and interesting Pokemon, both in terms of design and battle capabilities, which makes these two just stand out as really notably bad amongst them in my opinion.

But the most frustrating thing about Patrat and Pidove, and the thing that really makes them unnecessary even in the context of Gen 5, is that in this very same generation they introduced Lillipup, who takes after aspects of both of their archetypes and is far more unique as an early route Normal-type: it's pure Normal like the rodents, and three-stage like the birds, and combines it into a Normal-type who is both interesting in design and has good stats and a nice movepool to make it a great early route Pokemon and one of the more refreshing ones in the series, and Stoutland also is unique in that it's a dog, a not a rodent or a bird like other early route Normal-types, and its design is very cool and appealing in its own way. Lillipup itself is also pretty cute, which Patrat isn't.

Stoutland by itself takes after some of the generational archetypes and puts its own unique spin on it, and this just makes Watchog and Unfezant stand out as entirely unnecessary, especially when you consider that not only are they both awful in battle, they are both worse picks for a Gen 5 in-game team than Stoutland is, and the dog has way more potential to be a strong ally in the long term than Unfezant or Watchog will be. The only difference is that Stoutland can't fly (obviously), but that's not an issue in the context of BW1 when you get some better Flying-types than Unfezant at a reasonable point in the game such as Sigilyph and Archen who are far better long term. You could feasibly get rid of the Patrat and Pidove lines from existence and just keep Lillipup and you literally lose nothing of value in the process. Stoutland by itself could be the only early Normal-type to exist in Gen 5 and it would work just fine. But nah, we just *had* to also have an exact Rattata and Pidgey expy too, and so we let's just put in Patrat and Pidove and make them as shitty as possible too.
Uh... what? A random dog is somehow better than the most realistic gender differences in the series?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
Uh... what? A random dog is somehow better than the most realistic gender differences in the series?
I do admit that Unfezant's realistic gender differences are nice and unique for it from an aesthetic standpoint, but what hurts it so much is that it's an early route Pokemon that takes after a very overdone concept for the "Route 1" archetypes, which is the bird.

Stoutland is a dog, yes, but while that might not seem *that* interesting to many that's pretty unique for the typical "Route 1" Pokemon you get. A dog is a first for a first route Pokemon you meet! Kanto established the first route mons as being a rodent, a bird, and a few bugs, and the subsequent generations followed up on that ever since and have repeated that formula ad nauseam. But even when they did, they tried to give the Pokemon of those archetypes some unique traits that made them stand out at times (well Gen 2 didn't but eh), both in terms of design *and* in terms of battle, and in some cases made them legitimately compelling to use on a team.

Gen 5 put some unique creatures in the early game that aren't your stereotypical "rat, bird, and bug" archetype, not even having bugs in the first few routes even! You had Stoutland itself, Purrloin and Liepard who are cats (okay this is kind of overdone but for Liepard being a early route mon this is fine), monkeys, a zebra, and a mole (and an *actual* mole, not Dugtrio).

But then Pidove (and Patrat too) is there and it's more or less in the early routes simply because Game Freak has to by an unwritten rule abide by the "we need a bird in the first few routes" dogma, but outside of Unfezant's well-designed gender differences, in combat they are incredibly boring to use. Pidove in battle is basically a reskinned Pidgey and doesn't really function any differently from other birds in the battle scene, whereas stuff like Staraptor, Talonflame, and even Toucannon have unique battle traits that make them more interesting in combat and meanwhile Unfezant...has nothing interesting going on. Its movepool doesn't even match up well with its stats: it has a nice support/defensive movepool and some special moves, but its stats are more like Staraptor's whereas its movepool would better work if it was bulkier/had better Special Attack, which would've made it a much more interesting Pokemon to use in combat if that was the case.

Unfezant would be easier for me to like if it was assigned to a role other than "early route bird" that has been done time and time again, but the issue I have with it is that it's incompetent in battle and its existence amongst the Gen 5 roster combined with Watchog's is a jarring microcosm of Game Freak's innate obligation to consistently reuse the same repetitive stock designs- the "generic rodent", "generic bird", "Pikaclone", etc. and Patrat and Pidove were clearly put in Gen 5 because of that unwritten rule but they made no attempts to make them unique or stand out outside of fulfilling the generic stock concepts. And when at this point we had a ton of Normal/Flying type birds already: Pidgeot, Staraptor, Swellow, Noctowl, Farfetch'd, Dodrio, etc. several of who inherently fulfill the "early route fodder" archetype themselves, Unfezant just sticks out as a boring inclusion in Gen 5's roster.

Point being, I think Unfezant needed to be more interesting than just a generic Normal / Flying bird. If it had a more interesting typing and/or more unique and interesting stats it might've stood out as a lot more unique, but it's basically a generic bird archetype and that's all it is, which is jarringly bland in a generation of Pokemon that had a lot of interesting Pokemon with unique battle capabilities, which Unfezant doesn't have.

I find it disappointing that Unfazant didn't even get any interesting buffs over the generations. Ok, fair enough, I don't play Gen 8 so I don't know if it got anything that made it worth adding to a team minus Brave Bird. But Unfazant didn't improve during generational shifts even with a boost to it's base attack. It's outclassed by every Normal/Flying Type with maybe the exception of Farfetch'd.
- Special Attacker (why would you even consider that?): Noctowl, Swellow, Mega Pidgeot and Toucannon
- Physical Attackers (do I even need to list it?): Dodrio, Swellow, Fearow, Staraptor, Toucannon, Pidgeot, American Birb
- Defensive with Hypnosis: Noctowl

I guess it can be a Wish Passer in which role Togekiss doesn't outclass it anymore in terms of "Unique Typing" but that's just scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Watchog I feel has potential just because of his hidden ability and decent movepool. Such a shame that too many Normal Types exist with attack boosting abilities that are more reliable and have far more advantages because of bulk and speed.
In terms of in-game roles, it doesn't even learn a lot of useful HMs. So it fails as an HM slave too. But it gets Crunch very early for in-game runs.

i have 3 pokemon i would like to nominate. 2 are because of the design annoying me and the last one is because i played vgc for half a year (you can probably guess that last pokemon). i normally dont really mind bland boring mons so i wont bring those up. i will also try to avoid the basic garbage and ice cream pokemon (i do love garbage tho).

:sm/incineroar:
this is the pokemon i hate because i have seen it way, way, way too much in competitive. it was everywhere in doubles and annoys me to no end. i also dont love the design because i wish it didnt start standing up on 2 legs. also fake fighting type. its fighting but its dark, why? overall annoying pokemon to face in battle with a very mediocre design with a typing i dont get.

:sm/aromatisse:
this mon is just such a weird concept. plague docters look really cool but than trying to mix it with a flamenco and can-can. it just looks really weird and kinda creeps me out. this is probably the least controversial from these 3. i just really cant get behind the design and its stats and competitve fun dont come close to making up. just a really really dumb mon

honorable mentions:
elemental monkies, most baby pokemon, charizard (gamefreaks fault pretty much), gears, grimer/muk.

oke now my last and most controversial pick i think
:bw/groudon:
this design sits not right with me. i find it hard to explain but it looks off. the proportions, the head, the cracks/plate look. it never sat right with me. the shiny is also awful but thats a really minor note. i see this pokemon a decent amount and it just doesnt sit right and overtime i am just starting to like it less and less and less. i do like the whole weather theme and in battle its fine (not the worst not the best in terms of fun). its really just the design bothering me for a reason im not even 100% sure about. also this gen 5 sprite looks super off.

i personally dont really hate any pokemon but some just annoy me or dont sit right with me.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I find it disappointing that Unfazant didn't even get any interesting buffs over the generations. Ok, fair enough, I don't play Gen 8 so I don't know if it got anything that made it worth adding to a team minus Brave Bird. But Unfazant didn't improve during generational shifts even with a boost to it's base attack. It's outclassed by every Normal/Flying Type with maybe the exception of Farfetch'd.
- Special Attacker (why would you even consider that?): Noctowl, Swellow, Mega Pidgeot and Toucannon
- Physical Attackers (do I even need to list it?): Dodrio, Swellow, Fearow, Staraptor, Toucannon, Pidgeot, American Birb
- Defensive with Hypnosis: Noctowl

I guess it can be a Wish Passer in which role Togekiss doesn't outclass it anymore in terms of "Unique Typing" but that's just scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Watchog I feel has potential just because of his hidden ability and decent movepool. Such a shame that too many Normal Types exist with attack boosting abilities that are more reliable and have far more advantages because of bulk and speed.
In terms of in-game roles, it doesn't even learn a lot of useful HMs. So it fails as an HM slave too. But it gets Crunch very early for in-game runs.
Unfezant actually IS outclassed by Farfetch’d. They share the same design space.

I’d argue Unfezant is more so Gen V’s “version” of Farfetch’d gameplay-wise, since they share the same “unique” strategy, which is critting all the time. Unfezant’s interesting use in battle was meant to be Super Luck, which + a Scope Lens means it crits very often. It’s also why it has low attack stats, because it’s balanced with crits in mind (which defeats the purpose of this design) but they probably figure that Little Timmy gets hype every time their Pokémon manages to crit.

But Farfetch’d is much better at this because it gets Leaf Blade, which is much better coverage for a Normal/Flying Pokémon and is a move with a high crit chance, and can have another ability and just use its item since its item is both Super Luck and Scope Lens in one. It also learns Slash for even more consistent critting with its STAB. The only move with a high crit chance they actually gave to Unfezant was Night Slash.

And then the crit nerf in the next generation made sure even their shared strategy becomes pretty worthless outside of bypassing defense boosts.

Last edited:
I know power creep can be kind of blinding sometimes but there's really nowhere I'm going to consider 105 base attack "low" to offset a crit-focused strategy.
Honestly I'd say that it wasn't intended to be a crit machine at all. I think getting Super Luck was just meant as flavor, like how Honchkrow got it even though it also isnt designed around critting.

e: God that's right its special attack is terrible and they gave it air cutter. What a joke of a pokemon no matter what angle you look at it with

Last edited:
I actually really enjoyed using Unfezant in Black, Tranquill being a crit machine with Super Luck Scope Lens Air Cutter (to make up for its bad SpAtk) and after evolution packing a punch with STAB Return. I agree that its barren movepool and Special focus by level-up sucks, but as a Normal-type attacker it was both stronger and faster than Stoutland so that's not bad on its own—although obviously Stoutland has better abilities and coverage making it the better option outside of Fly.
Also let's not forget that for the ~6 months prior to the international release Pidove was called Mamepato, which is hilarious in Spanish (basically meaning "suck duck"). It's one of the only four original names that stuck with me, the others being Rankurusu and the infamous Burungeru/Nattorei core, lol.

Watchog is bad tho, only niche is learning Crunch earlier than Herdier and annoying everyone with Confuse Ray + Hypnosis.

Reposting the thought that Pidove is actually a good mon in BW2 and I soloed Elesa with Unfezant

Look the mon is generic, boring and definitely outclassed with a barren as all get out movepool. I'm not denying that. Also later "archetype" mons were much better as stated.

But seriously if you want a Normal in BW2 and don't want the monstrous Lillipup, you could do a lot worse with a 105 base Attack Pokemon with an IIRC 18.75% chance to crit with Scope Lens. Frustration and Return fix a lot of the problems from BW1.

Also Watchog was close to decent-ish when I used it for the BW1 li-nah jk it was kinda garbo. You get Patrat with awkward moves until Return (shout out to Retaliate's 5 PP) which contrasts with Lillipup's absurdly powerful Take Down. It was surprisingly okay endgame with Work Up, but nothing too special. I think we put it in D because it's earlygame isn't good, and like we all know, Lillipup is just...better statwise.

The status moves also don't help Watchog stand out as much as Lenora makes you think it would, either.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
But Farfetch’d is much better at this because it gets Leaf Blade, which is much better coverage for a Normal/Flying Pokémon and is a move with a high crit chance, and can have another ability and just use its item since its item is both Super Luck and Scope Lens in one. It also learns Slash for even more consistent critting with its STAB. The only move with a high crit chance they actually gave to Unfezant was Night Slash.
There actually is *one* other high crit move they gave to Unfezant besides Night Slash and the aforementioned Air Cutter, and that's Sky Attack.

Yes, Sky Attack has a high critical hit ratio. But that aspect of it is overlooked because the move has the unfortunate downside of being a two-turn charge attack, which makes it impractical for competitive play because people can telegraph it on the charging turn (and Unfezant or anyone who uses it is vulnerable during the charge turn).

So if you ran Super Luck Scope Lens on Unfezant and used Sky Attack, which is 140 BP, you basically get an obscenely powerful critical hit move that would definitely OHKO anything that doesn't resist it, and even if it doesn't crit, it has a flinch chance. This would be much better if Unfezant wasn't forced to "charge" during the first turn, and even in-game this is impractical because the point it learns Sky Attack is at Level 66, which in the context of both BW1 and BW2 is post-game, and all you have left is Alder (BW1)/Iris rematch (BW2), Cynthia, Morimoto, and possibly your post-game rivals if you haven't already done that. Even so, the problem is the charge turn does in fact suck late-game because the power level in-game at that point is quite high, so it's quite possible for anything Unfezant attempts to use Sky Attack against to kill it before it gets a chance to fire the move.

Unfezant does start to fall off around the late-game and post-game unfortunately, and the other big problem is that at that point you likely have better options (you could feasibly train a Rufflet/Vullaby in the post-game and evolve it at that point, both of who have better post-game performances than Unfezant does and it's better to just ditch Unfezant at that point and use Braviary or Mandibuzz in its place instead).

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
On the topic of Unfezant, it's never seemed like a bad Pokémon to me, but I never use it because there's always a different Flying type that I would rather be using instead. In BW1 Archeops is just straight-up better than your other options in almost every situation, and the expanded Pokédex in BW2 gives me a bunch of way more interesting birds to play around with. Why would I use Unfezant when I can have Crobat, Skarmory, or Gliscor? I don't doubt that it's good, but it's also not interesting. It's a Normal/Flying type, you give it Return and Fly + two moves of your choice and use it on anything that doesn't resist it or nuke it with super-effective moves. It's the Flying type equivalent of white bread. Serviceable, but I'm never going to want it over the alternatives.

this is the pokemon i hate because i have seen it way, way, way too much in competitive. it was everywhere in doubles and annoys me to no end. i also dont love the design because i wish it didnt start standing up on 2 legs. also fake fighting type. its fighting but its dark, why? overall annoying pokemon to face in battle with a very mediocre design with a typing i dont get.
its dark because its a heel, which are enemies of wrestlers in fights. they usually play dirty but are generally defeated, hence why its dark type (dirty plays but still weak to fighting).

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Two things I’d like to mention here, being my take on the Unfezant conversation and my own nomination for worst Pokémon.

First for Unfezant, I want to bring up that it actually got some buffs in XY- its Attack stat used to only be 95 in BW, and the changes to critical hits gives it a way to land them 100% of the time as opposed to 50%. It also appreciated the Defog buff, just like any Stealth Rock weak Pokémon would, Secondly, I think it’s a tad underrated but still not anywhere close to top tier. Critical hits deal less damage in XY than in BW, and Unfezant has very prominent movepool issues, even if I’m a fan of Power Herb into Sky Attack. Honestly, the biggest problem it has is just all the competition it faces from other Flying-Types, whether it be in-game or competitive.

Secondly, I’d like to nominate Sunkern as the worst Pokémon ever, in the in-game playthrough category. I’m convinced that Game Freak designed this thing to be the worst Pokémon in the games, particularly in its debut region. Let’s take a look at things that make Pokémon worse in Johto playthroughs and see how many Sunkern crosses off.

-Grass typing (bad in Johto)
-Horrible base stats
-Very limited movepool
-Low base power moves off of STAB
-A stone evolution
-Competition from other Pokémon of its type

All I can say is... yikes.

Sunkern was almost definitely designed to be terrible. It had, before Wishiwashi, the lowest BST in the entire series.

This kind of exaggeration is a design trope gamefreak likes but usually its to lead to a big windfall which is where I think Sunkern actually fails because Sunflora is uhhhhhhhhhh. Not good. It's slow as sin and all its other stats are merely "mediocre". Even on the design ethos of "stone evolution to power up right now" its not a great stat spread & the pair went with a different design on the usual stone evolution thing (it does get stronger moves but in place of other moves sunkern learns).

Another terrible thing about Sunkern in gen II is that Sunflora gets Razor Leaf at level 10... but Sunkern is available at level 11 at the lowest! So you either have to breed it or stick with Mega Drain until the 30s. Really the only way to make the flower interesting would be to make it part Fire but we're not gonna go there.

Also I forgot to mention it in my previous post but as I said here the worst Pokémon ever imo is Seaking. It's really not bad or forgettable as opposed to something like Luvdisc or Lumineon (having the niche of Waterfall by level up plus being a not-terrible Swift Swimmer in gen III, while also getting Lightningrod later) but it's also just... there. It has crappy stats, nothing they've given it has made it any less mediocre and it also doesn't look particularly good, which explains why it's been consistently one of the least-used mons in every game it's been in. I honestly don't know what could save it.

:xy/banette::ss/banette-mega:
(not really Mega Banette, but I still hate it A LOT)
Honestly, I have hated Banette and his mega variant ever since I got into pokemon. Personally, there are a few things that I love about Mega Banette; the base form is completely hopeless and even Mega Banette I still dislike a lot.

Here is why:
Banette:
This pokemon's stats suck. Plain and simple. 64/65/63 defenses with 65 speed. Low bulk and low speed invalidate a completely decent 115 attack stat. Speaking of which, it has literally nothing to use that 115 attack; all you have is Knock Off and Gunk Shot, maybe Shadow Claw but that's way too weak to work as STAB... and that's it. Yep. 3 relevant physical moves. Its special movepool is slightly better but it's still completely hopeless because Banette's special attack (83) isn't good enough to utilize it. Even if Banette received Poltergeist it still would not be good - it may have solved its issue of completely unusable STAB but it doesn't make Banette any better because it's still way too slow and way too frail to even land a Poltergeist.
Now onto design... Banette's design is fucking boring. There is literally nothing cool or unique about it in any shape or form. Yeah I have nothing to say here let me move on.
Banette's abilities also happen to be completely unhelpful too; Cursed Body - congrats you die way too quickly for this to be effective, Insomnia... just no, Frisk isn't very good either since it has literally zero purpose on Banette.
All in all, Banette is just hopelessly irredeemable in my eyes; I don't really know what could fix this pokemon tbh.
Mega Banette:
Banette still manages to have completely worthless stats in its mega form. Seriously, 64/75/83 defenses on something with 75 speed invalidates any potential niche this mon could have. I do not care that this has 165 attack; if you can't effectively utilize it, that strength loses literally all of its value. It also shares its base variant's flaw of having a completely unusable physical movepool and a special movepool that's decent yet can't utilize. Overall it shares the same flaws as its base form in terms of stats and movepool.
Prankster... it's just not an ability I appreciate on this pokemon, and that's just because there's so many better Prankster pokemon out there than Mega Banette. I know Prankster Destiny Bond has its uses, but I feel like I look at this and I'm like "That's so easy to play around it's not funny"; Prankster Thunder Wave/Wisp is like the most consistent use of Prankster Mega Banette has and even then you could use something like Grimmsnarl to get the same, if not, more consistent, results than you could Mega Banette.
That being said, Mega Banette does have one high point for me, and that is its design. I won't explain it but I think Mega Banette's design is pretty badass to me and is what prevents me from hating it just as much as I hate base Banette.

Avongarde

formerly reshprince
Personally, I nominate Graveler as the worst pokemon ever. Hear me out.

Now, Geodude seems fine on paper, with a good 80 base attack and 100 base defense as a first form pokemon. That's great, but then you see the let down that is its evolution. Graveler is one of those stupid pokemon that encourages trading to be able to use the evolution, Golem. Golem is cool, but Graveler is ugly as sin and not even that good in game (rip to us who never had friends with other pokemon games). 95 attack is alright, and 115 defense is pretty good, but it's slow and the low special defense means that you can't really take a hit despite what the stats suggest. I think the worst part of Graveler though is the fact it just WANTS to die. Self-Destruct and Explosion by level up? God forbid you find a random shiny of it or lack good special attacks in a Nuzlocke vs one. Obviously the problem of self fainting moves by level up isn't a problem specific to Graveler, but it's almost synonymous with the line.

With all that said, Graveler is the worst pokemon in the series for me. Not good in game, ugly as hell design, and the sheer terror of finding a shiny one when finding a shiny is supposed to be a cool and rare occurrence is what really sells it as just bottom of the barrel awful.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Personally, I nominate Graveler as the worst pokemon ever. Hear me out.

Now, Geodude seems fine on paper, with a good 80 base attack and 100 base defense as a first form pokemon. That's great, but then you see the let down that is its evolution. Graveler is one of those stupid pokemon that encourages trading to be able to use the evolution, Golem. Golem is cool, but Graveler is ugly as sin and not even that good in game (rip to us who never had friends with other pokemon games). 95 attack is alright, and 115 defense is pretty good, but it's slow and the low special defense means that you can't really take a hit despite what the stats suggest. I think the worst part of Graveler though is the fact it just WANTS to die. Self-Destruct and Explosion by level up? God forbid you find a random shiny of it or lack good special attacks in a Nuzlocke vs one. Obviously the problem of self fainting moves by level up isn't a problem specific to Graveler, but it's almost synonymous with the line.

With all that said, Graveler is the worst pokemon in the series for me. Not good in game, ugly as hell design, and the sheer terror of finding a shiny one when finding a shiny is supposed to be a cool and rare occurrence is what really sells it as just bottom of the barrel awful.
Yeah I can agree with this one. Graveler really sucks. It's slow, can't take a hit at all, and the damage doesn't make up for its problems. I really regret using one in HG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)