All Gens World Cup Usage Stats Analysis

I will start I guess. In gsc ou Top 5 are predictable but then you look farther down and see machamp and skarmory have had some quite good spikes in usage showing that there was at least a good balance of stall and offense play in this wcop. Then other things I noticed was gengar also being very popular and seeming to be peoples mixed attacker of choice and because tyrantar was in 9th meaning skarmory was the phazer of choice, probably due to its reliability.
| 17 | Steelix | 6 | 10.34% | 66.67% |
| 15 | Vaporeon | 7 | 12.07% | 28.57% |
These two things show that people are starting to stray slightly away from the borat explosion offense a little more. I guess it was also to be less predictable. It again shows how that on that last spot on the offense "format" (phazer/spiker/lax/electric/mixed attacker or exploder/sweeper or mixed attacker. ) people are starting to prefer things like tar nidoking machamp gengar etc. to vaporeon
| 23 | Scizor | 3 | 5.17% | 33.33% |
| 19 | Smeargle | 5 | 8.62% | 40.00% |
| 18 | Jolteon | 5 | 8.62% | 20.00% |
| 30 | Espeon | 1 | 1.72% | 100.0% |

Slight bit of bp influx possibly inspired by jorgen's bp shenanigans in spl.

| 27 | Rhydon | 2 | 3.45% | 0.00% |
| 22 | Golem | 3 | 5.17% | 33.33% |

R.i.p the don.

| 11 | Marowak | 11 | 18.97% | 45.45% |
Good amount of marowak usage this year maybe just due to wallbreaking ability but with the influx of skarm he may drop a little soon.

I guess I can say it's good to see only 1 blissey usage. Suicide also having low usage shows while a good mon at what it does most people prefer starmie as it has spin and more reliable recovery and better speed provided usually most people don't use suicune much anyways.

Last thing I am gonna say something about is that we had dual electric team floating around this year. I find that team style not too bad though and it's understandable why some people used it.

Anyways that's all for now from me

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Couple things on BW.

Tyranitar being at 50% usage doesn't surprise me whatsoever as sand balanced and offense is quite easy to fallback on and it's not like using Tyranitar a ton makes you 'predictable' like it would for some other pokes as you can run a lot of things on sand, ofc. I used 4 Tyranitar in 4 games and have 0 regrets.

Keldeo not being in the top 10 in usage is crazy; this thing is still quite good..top 3 in the tier kinda good. EBelt is great in general while Scarf is nice to clean rain or offense and even CM fighting gem, specs, etc. can find its way onto teams. Not sure why it dropped to 13th in usage, but that's still 15% and there was a fairly small pool of games (like 60 of them), so I guess it's not too bad for the water pony.

Hydreigon is a fucking monster and the 75% win rate attests to that. This thing is so great at breaking balance and bulky cores right now while it doesn't have many drawbacks. I used it myself vs Jimmy Turtwig (won with it) and faced two of them (lost both to stone misses, which probably inflated its win rate quite a bit, but still Hydre is a boss rn). Glad to see it getting a fair shake in the current BW meta after not seeing as much use beforehand, but I could see it going into the top 15 quite easily.

Rain (Poli) sitting at a 67% win rate is sort of surprising as I personally make sure to prepare a ton for offensive waters and pack a flying resist, but I know some others fail to do so and there's a bit more to rain than hydro/hurricane spam, for sure, so it's not /that/ shocking. I guess it's also worth noting that rain was used 15% of the time, meaning only 9 matches, so this isn't too indicative of the playstyle as a whole and its consistency (or lack thereof) in the metagame.

Skarmory and Ferrothorn both sitting fairly high in usage doesn't surprise me at all given the emphasis on spikes in the current metagame and I think both of them saw a fair amount of use. With that said, Excadrill hasn't done much to up the spin game in the meta, so this isn't too surprising, but Starmie sitting up in the top 5 seems fair given the importance of hazards and controlling them rn (also, offensive star destroys a lot of common offense like the stuff smurf uses while fatte star is easy to slap on as a check to keld, spinner, etc.).

Reuniclus didn't see much use (Alakazam fits onto a lot of teams better right now and it's seeing 18% usage with a 45% win rate), but the 20% win rate probably stands out to quite a few people. I still think it's a great pokemon and I'm sure others do, but I hope some of the "omg reuni is ridiculous and ruining the bw meta" hype is dying down as it simply isn't too bad and it's reasonable to prepare for currently.

Slowking needs to see more usage in BW OU in general - this thing is godly and I'm sure Jirachee can attest to this.

Kyu-B only seeing 1 use is sort of surprising ngl, but Hydreigon has been stealing its thunder and the direction the metagame is heading in makes KyuB a bit less appealing.

Will be commenting on ADV here:
Top 10 is interesting imo: Ttar, Pert, Gar, Cele, Skarm, Dug, Meta, Zap, Bliss and Mag. Most of these are strong mons with no explanation needed, though some may question Skarm and Dug being so high: I attribute this to the rise in Spikes Teams and Special Offenses. This also explains the ninth and tenth spots on the list, with Magneton and Blissey 's many shortcomings being ignored for their ability to handle these playstyles (which can be really important).

Special Offense as a whole has really established itself as an effective playstyle, with it's cornerstones Starmie and Jolteon grabbing high win rates of around 70% from 6 or 7 games each.

Flygon has redeemed itself from its SPL debacle with a win rate of 75% from 8 games, which makes me really happy as it is a top tier mon that can contribute a ton to any team, offensively or defensively.

Cune's low usage (comparitive to its actual viability) has always surprised me. (14th on the usage chart). This is probably explained by Pert's spot at number 2 on the usage board, as most teams don't want to run both (can work under specific circumstances but overall not my cup of tea), while Offensive Starmie is usurping it on the Special Offensive Teams that are becoming common (because people seem to prefer its combination of CroCune's recovery (and immunity to status) and CMRoar Cune's hard - hitting (though personally I'd take Cune's better bulk and ability to handle Blissey))

Also Claydol sucks.

Will add more and format a bit later.

Last edited:
RBY time

First of all, LORD PERSIAN 100% WIN RATE LGI
| 18 | Persian | 3 | 2.21% | 100.0% |

Aside from that, Disaster Area pointed out the total absence of Dragonite. It's unsurprising that it has low usage given that it's extremely unpopular with pretty much everyone, but to not even have a single use when it is potentially so game-changing is mildly surprising. Overall I approve of this.

Rhydon continues to plummet from grace, although Golem is still holding its own. Lapras I think has both a slightly low usage and win rate relative to how effective I think it is. Gengar's win rate is laughably bad, which I guess makes some sense because it's just not that good. Interesting to see the tiers within the usage stats- after the big 4 you've got Zam/Star/Jynx then a bit of a dropoff to the rest of OU. Jynx being in that space is surprising imo, since I see it as on par with things like Lap and Zap. I read that as being indicative of how Zam/Jynx are generally just so much better than other leads.

God some stupid mons got used, idk who brought Pidgeot/Zard, and Venu and Raichu getting more usage than Bel is silly.

GSC- Things that stick out are waters not named Starmie putting in a poor showing, Lix usage being low and Champ/Skarm usage being fairly high

Last edited:
RBY time

First of all, LORD PERSIAN 100% WIN RATE LGI
| 18 | Persian | 3 | 2.21% | 100.0% |

Aside from that, Disaster Area pointed out the total absence of Dragonite. It's unsurprising that it has low usage given that it's extremely unpopular with pretty much everyone, but to not even have a single use when it is potentially so game-changing is mildly surprising. Overall I approve of this.

Rhydon continues to plummet from grace, although Golem is still holding its own. Lapras I think has both a slightly low usage and win rate relative to how effective I think it is. Gengar's win rate is laughably bad, which I guess makes some sense because it's just not that good. Interesting to see the tiers within the usage stats- after the big 4 you've got Zam/Star/Jynx then a bit of a dropoff to the rest of OU. Jynx being in that space is surprising imo, since I see it as on par with things like Lap and Zap. I read that as being indicative of how Zam/Jynx are generally just so much better than other leads.

God some stupid mons got used, idk who brought Pidgeot/Zard, and Venu and Raichu getting more usage than Bel is silly.

GSC- Things that stick out are waters not named Starmie putting in a poor showing, Lix usage being low and Champ/Skarm usage being fairly high
I mean suicune is understandable because nobody wants to use the poor thing. My guess is that people wanted phazers who could actually touch zapdos outside of explosion and roar. Because usually when you take away the explosion from lix it arguably makes him worse.

Most noticable to me in DPP:

| 48 | Suicune | 1 | 1.61% | 0.00% |
Suicune is dead. Only 1 use. I guess people just move on to Starmie and Kingdra.

Forretress didn't get used a single time. Pretty surprising, though I am pleasantly surprised. Not that good of a mon.

| 26 | Clefable | 5 | 8.06% | 20.00% |
Clefable is rly popular right now I noticed and this confirms it also. Maybe it has something to do with its ORAS popularity. It is rly cool in DPP though, if you haven't tried it yet definitely do.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Things I found interesting:

GSC:

| 1 | Snorlax | 58 | 100.0% | 50.00% |

This shouldn't be surprising, but it's still funny all the same that Snorlax actually got 100% usage in GSC. Usually there'll be someone that runs a lax-less team, but it seems that wasn't the case this year.

| 2 | Cloyster | 31 | 53.45% | 54.84% |
| 3 | Zapdos | 29 | 50.00% | 51.72% |
| 4 | Raikou | 25 | 43.10% | 56.00% |

The effect Snorlax has on the metagame is definitely contributing to Cloyster's overall usage I think. I'm legitimately impressed it got more than the 2 big Electrics. Something I'm definitely interested in seeing is how much the 2 Electrics are used together, I don't think it's uncommon, and I'm wondering if their combined usage is close to 100% on teams (either they carry dos or kou).

ADV:

| 15 | Flygon | 8 | 13.33% | 75.00% |
| 16 | Claydol | 7 | 11.67% | 14.29% |
| 17 | Starmie | 7 | 11.67% | 71.43% |

These three stats right in a row are pretty surprising. A 75 win % is incredible at over 10% total usage, and Flygon is definitely an interesting mon in ADV overall. Claydol is pretty niche and was never a bad mon in my eyes, but only a 14 win % is insane. Starmie usage is pretty low overall but the win % again speaks volumes to its overall effectiveness.

DPP:

| 10 | Skarmory | 12 | 19.35% | 25.00% |

An only 25 win % for one of the best purely defensive mons is definitely intriguing and I think it speaks to the popularity of Infernape currently.

| 16 | Magnezone | 8 | 12.90% | 62.50% |

A particularly high win and usage % overall for zone, might also attribute a bit to the low win % of those using Skarm and Emp.

| 21 | Scizor | 7 | 11.29% | 57.14% |

A really low usage % to me for what used to be and still is I think considered one of the best mons in DPP.

| 47 | Snorlax | 1 | 1.61% | 100.0% |

Snorlax swag

BW:

| 8 | Latios | 16 | 26.67% | 37.50% |
| 9 | Heatran | 13 | 21.67% | 30.77% |

Very low win % for these mons, which is even more interesting considering the also low win % of Ferrothorn

| 6 | Ferrothorn | 16 | 26.67% | 43.75% |

but also interesting to note is the high win % of rain and Magnezone, as well as Hydreigon. I think the anti-meta players were at the advantage during this wcop overall

| 14 | Politoed | 9 | 15.00% | 66.67% |
| 27 | Magnezone | 5 | 8.33% | 80.00% |
| 36 | Moltres | 2 | 3.33% | 100.0% |

finally, Gengar usage was super low, as well as the other ghosts, but that may have something to do with the super high usage of both tar and starmie

| 26 | Jellicent | 5 | 8.33% | 40.00% |
| 31 | Gengar | 4 | 6.67% | 75.00% |
| 37 | Sableye | 2 | 3.33% | 0.00% |

Just going to add a few thoughts on the DPP stats.

Going off of what Oglemi pointed out, I think Skarmory's 25% win rate is just staggering... When you consider this and the slightly rising usage of all these mixed wall-breakers, I think it begs the question of stall's viability in the current meta... I don't know, just something to think about.

| 34 | Gengar | 3 | 4.84% | 66.67% |

The low usage of Gengar also took me by surprise. I believe it's the only spin-blocker that can potentially OHKO Scarf Tar, and it makes a pretty decent pivot. If you consider this and it's general offensive presence and usefulness vs unprepared teams, it really doesn't make much sense seeing it this low.

Just going to add a few thoughts on the DPP stats.

Going off of what Oglemi pointed out, I think Skarmory's 25% win rate is just staggering... When you consider this and the slightly rising usage of all these mixed wall-breakers, I think it begs the question of stall's viability in the current meta... I don't know, just something to think about.

| 34 | Gengar | 3 | 4.84% | 66.67% |

The low usage of Gengar also took me by surprise. I believe it's the only spin-blocker that can potentially OHKO Scarf Tar, and it makes a pretty decent pivot. If you consider this and it's general offensive presence and usefulness vs unprepared teams, it really doesn't make much sense seeing it this low.
Yeah man I gotta tell you I think stall kinda sucks right now especially in higher level tours like this. So having stall with a low win percentage (and Forretress at 0 usage!!) wouldn't be that surprising to me necessarily. Just look at some of these mons high in usage that stall has trouble with:

| 8 | Infernape | 13 | 20.97% | 46.15% |
| 5 | Dragonite | 16 | 25.81% | 62.50% |
| 1 | Jirachi | 30 | 48.39% | 50.00% |
| 22 | Breloom | 6 | 9.68% | 50.00% |
| 26 | Clefable | 5 | 8.06% | 20.00% |
| 31 | Lucario | 4 | 6.45% | 50.00% |

and tbh also just a lot of stuff like Tyranitar + Starmie, some forms of Heatran, Gyarados etc. I think it's really hard to keep up with stall rn. Definitely possible though, just hard.

However I still am surprised a bit by Skarmory only having 25% win rate. It's still a great Pokémon on balanced teams.. but I guess it's hard for it to switchin on stuff like Tyranitar, Dragonite, Flygon etc then get KOed by a Fire Blast or similar things. Magnezone having 12.9% also makes it harder I suppose. DPP feels really bulky offense dominated right now.

Also about what you mention for Gengar, it deserves more usage but it doesn't really help that much vs Scarf Tar. It is outsped and KOed by Pursuit even if you don't switch and hitting Focus Blast on the switchin isn't exactly reliable. Especially when you have to guess if they even have Scarf Tar or not.

I think people were just prepping for Tyranitar. If it had more use, it would have gotten 40% still.

Look at the top nine guys. Each with a WR of above 40%.

Just looking at the top 15 in RBY (since they're the only double-digit usage mons, and then it drops to 3 or less).

I'm not surprised at all that Jynx is #7. It's the most splashable Pokemon outside of the big 4, Starm, and Zam. Interesting to see Starm saw higher usage while Zam saw higher win rates.

Gengar with a 35% win rate is funny. It's such a hit-or-miss Pokemon, though, and even when it works perfectly it isn't as scary as it should be on paper. Dragonite with no usage is peculiar since I see it in a similar hit-or-miss way, but I'd prefer Dnite in most cases. No one wanted to take the risk with it I guess, but people taking the risk with Gar just seems weird with lead metagame never being meaner to it.

Gotta love Jolteon coming in at #12, and with the second best win rate of the top 15. While I'm surprised Cloyster has the best win rate of the bunch, I'm not surprised at all that its win-rate is great. It's a very effective Pokemon, just hard to fit onto standard teams. You just need to not think of it as a Wrapper and think of it as a Blizzard-spamming, high-Defense (takes <24% from Tauros' BSlam) Exploder.

Rhydon has really taken a tumble compared to Golem, linked entirely to the latter's ability to Explode. Body Slam mechanics hurt both a lot, but Don was hurt a lot harder by it.

Finally, Tauros with a <50% win rate means people who didn't carry it tended to beat people who did :o

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not surprised at all that Jynx is #7. It's the most splashable Pokemon outside of the big 4, Starm, and Zam.
Jynx is incredibly non-splashable. It's always used as a lead and that's it. Not to say that it's a bad lead, because it's not, but it's not splashable in the standard sense of the word.

Finally, Tauros with a <50% win rate means people who didn't carry it tended to beat people who did :o
i'd interpret it as "some people won so easily they didn't even reveal their tauros"

The effect Snorlax has on the metagame is definitely contributing to Cloyster's overall usage I think. I'm legitimately impressed it got more than the 2 big Electrics.
Most teams use either Zapdos or Raikou but not both, whereas Cloyster only has one serious threat for its role (Forretress). I'm not surprised that Cloyster got more usage than both but you shouldn't interpret it as Cloyster being a higher rated team member.

Jynx is incredibly non-splashable. It's always used as a lead and that's it. Not to say that it's a bad lead, because it's not, but it's not splashable in the standard sense of the word.
Sorry, I was going by Yu-Gi-Oh phrasing from back in the day, where splashable could be tossed into a lot of different decks and work, and staples were cards found in almost every deck (in this case, the big 4). So, by splashable I mean it can work on a lot of different teams. Yeah, it's used almost solely as a lead, but it's an effective one that fits a variety of teams. Compared to something like Lapras, which has more variety in what set it might be running but isn't as easy of a thing to just toss onto any team.
i'd interpret it as "some people won so easily they didn't even reveal their tauros"
True there, I was thinking complete teams, but that's not really revealed in a tour. Sort of makes me wonder how many unrevealed slots were around, as that could bring down the usage of things that often wait until late-game to pop up (Tauros for sure, but it could also explain the complete lack of Dnite and probably tweaks around some other stats by an unknown quantity.)

To be honest, I've never really put much stock in a Pokemon's win rate. I just think there are too many factors to consider in a given match such that it's hard to credit a single Pokemon with a win or loss. I could be that the team surrounding the Pokemon wasn't that solid despite the Pokemon itself being really good. Maybe the individual matches involved significant hax or matchup problems that prevented the Pokemon in question from shining. Heck, maybe the player using the Pokemon is just not as good as his/her opponent and loses due to a simple skill differential. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something important, but it's hard for me personally to look at the low win rate of a Pokemon like BW Reuniclus and conclude whether it is or isn't Reuniclus's fault.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
To be honest, I've never really put much stock in a Pokemon's win rate. I just think there are too many factors to consider in a given match such that it's hard to credit a single Pokemon with a win or loss. I could be that the team surrounding the Pokemon wasn't that solid despite the Pokemon itself being really good. Maybe the individual matches involved significant hax or matchup problems that prevented the Pokemon in question from shining. Heck, maybe the player using the Pokemon is just not as good as his/her opponent and loses due to a simple skill differential. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something important, but it's hard for me personally to look at the low win rate of a Pokemon like BW Reuniclus and conclude whether it is or isn't Reuniclus's fault.
Win rate at least removes the argument of "look at this mon it's so ridiculous you just have to use it and win with it" which is, while exaggerated, basically how some people were feeling about BW Reun (/Volc) a number of months ago.

I mean ya win rate isn't everything, but it's a nice statistic to see the kinds of builds people used that were overall successful or not. Obviously it can't attest to hax/skill/matchup/exterior variable, but it gives a basic idea of what people used and if they were successful or not doing so (good example, bw rain).

Plus it gives more insight to the playstyles and the metagame itself. Skarmory's win rate in DPP is quite significant seeing how that's arguably Skarmory's best generation (after GSC), even in the recent years. Of course the first thing some would say stall is dead only because no one uses it. But why does no one use it? The best mons right now just clean up stall and it shows by their win rate (especially the ones with higher use).

WR is mainly for extra info and analysis. Some benchmarks are definitely worth keeping, but I do agree they shouldn't be taken too seriously with smaller usages as these.

i searched the replays cuz i really wanted to be intrigued by skarms win pct. based off the general feel of the games i felt like it was just consistently being pressured too hard, which is understandable considering it's one of the most prepared for mons in the tier. it was almost like it wasn't walling enough to find windows and i think that could be attributed to the low hippo/bulky grass usage (indicator of lack of passiveness in general where skarm can setup fodder dudes) and having to respect the mix vs dragons/tar in the bulky offense matchup. pert was being supported by harder casts and/or zone. hardly or zero games (i skimmed) where skarm is emphatically cockblocking something and harassing with ww.. more like spamming roost/switching and possibly getting a layer.

by extension, running vs almost all of the mons above it in usage loses games without proper fallback and certain skarms looked really misplaced in the builder, ie serving as way too much of a mental cushion on balance where it isn't checking the things you think it is. ppl prob just countered for more passive expected matchups in that regard, but seeing a skarm switch in to be ohkod by a +2 lucario isn't typical or illustrative of some vibrant metagame trend.

obviously the increase in zone usage is a factor but i didn't catch a huge amount of zone trap --> rampage replays. interesting tho that we're not seeing shed shell/lefties tug of wars like when dp was standard ou. suppose quicker to say matchup these days.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Things I found interesting:

GSC:

| 1 | Snorlax | 58 | 100.0% | 50.00% |

This shouldn't be surprising, but it's still funny all the same that Snorlax actually got 100% usage in GSC. Usually there'll be someone that runs a lax-less team, but it seems that wasn't the case this year.

The effect Snorlax has on the metagame is definitely contributing to Cloyster's overall usage I think. I'm legitimately impressed it got more than the 2 big Electrics. Something I'm definitely interested in seeing is how much the 2 Electrics are used together, I don't think it's uncommon, and I'm wondering if their combined usage is close to 100% on teams (either they carry dos or kou).

ADV:

| 15 | Flygon | 8 | 13.33% | 75.00% |
| 16 | Claydol | 7 | 11.67% | 14.29% |
| 17 | Starmie | 7 | 11.67% | 71.43% |

These three stats right in a row are pretty surprising. A 75 win % is incredible at over 10% total usage, and Flygon is definitely an interesting mon in ADV overall. Claydol is pretty niche and was never a bad mon in my eyes, but only a 14 win % is insane. Starmie usage is pretty low overall but the win % again speaks volumes to its overall effectiveness.

DPP:

An only 25 win % for one of the best purely defensive mons is definitely intriguing and I think it speaks to the popularity of Infernape currently.

A particularly high win and usage % overall for zone, might also attribute a bit to the low win % of those using Skarm and Emp.

| 21 | Scizor | 7 | 11.29% | 57.14% |

A really low usage % to me for what used to be and still is I think considered one of the best mons in DPP.

| 47 | Snorlax | 1 | 1.61% | 100.0% |

Snorlax swag

BW:

| 8 | Latios | 16 | 26.67% | 37.50% |
| 9 | Heatran | 13 | 21.67% | 30.77% |

Very low win % for these mons, which is even more interesting considering the also low win % of Ferrothorn

| 6 | Ferrothorn | 16 | 26.67% | 43.75% |

but also interesting to note is the high win % of rain and Magnezone, as well as Hydreigon. I think the anti-meta players were at the advantage during this wcop overall

| 14 | Politoed | 9 | 15.00% | 66.67% |
| 27 | Magnezone | 5 | 8.33% | 80.00% |
| 36 | Moltres | 2 | 3.33% | 100.0% |

finally, Gengar usage was super low, as well as the other ghosts, but that may have something to do with the super high usage of both tar and starmie

| 26 | Jellicent | 5 | 8.33% | 40.00% |
| 31 | Gengar | 4 | 6.67% | 75.00% |
| 37 | Sableye | 2 | 3.33% | 0.00% |
Some things you find "interesting" here are not significantly different from random chance simply because of the incredibly small sample size for non-ORAS, non-RBY tiers (except maybe in the case of very centralized tier GSC)

A 6-2 win record for Flygon in ADV means next to nothing. The 8 times it was used at least means something. The record however does not. Same goes for any other time you mentioned a mon's success a rate. There's just not nearly a big enough sample. Claydol's 14% win percentage is not insane. It went 1-6. That is, in all likelihood, not statistically different from going 3-4. Too much random error. Win rates are great. Super interesting for ORAS. Super interesting for BW and DPP in Tour as well. Just not here.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
First thing I see from the ORAS stats is the prevalence of bulky Ground types. I expected them to be high, but Garchomp, Hippowdon and Landorus-T taking #2, #3 and #6 respectively is quite incredible.

Little bit surprised by Keldeo's low ranking of 11th when you look at the top 20, it fares very well against a large portion of the most popular team choices rn so to see it down there is intriguing.

Serperior's high winrate, albeit from a small sample perhaps shows how deadly it can be vs common balances, especially lategame when it's had the chance to weaken or cripple it's checks with Glare. Hard mon to adequately prepare for.

Metagross' fall from grace really reflects the evolution of the metagame since the beginning of ORAS and from SPL, where it clocked in with 16% usage compared with just 6% now. The increase in popularity of the aforementioned bulky Grounds helped no doubt, and the fact that it often struggles to do everything it would like to in one set can often be a turn off too. Still a threat though!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
most of the defensive guys in DPP just had a rough time in general.

10 | Skarmory | 12 | 19.35% | 25.00%
13 | Gliscor | 9 | 14.52% | 33.33%
23 | Celebi | 6 | 9.68% | 33.33%
24 | Hippowdon | 6 | 9.68% | 33.33%
25 | Blissey | 5 | 8.06% | 40.00%
26 | Clefable | 5 | 8.06% | 20.00%
30 | Bronzong | 4 | 6.45% | 25.00%
32 | Nidoqueen | 4 | 6.45% | 25.00%
33 | Venusaur | 4 | 6.45% | 25.00%

the only stereoptyically 'defensive' mon with a win rate above 50:
11 | Swampert | 12 | 19.35% | 58.33%

And i think pert was often used on more offensive teams as a glue than the above guys.

34 is pretty low for gengar....maybe a symptom of fearing scarftar. No dugtrios and no forres is interesting. Kinda surprised to not see a single duggy with tran/jira/tar being everywhere as usual. Not at all suprised to not see a single forre lol.

On the BW stats:

28 | Reuniclus | 5 | 8.33% | 20.00%

Not as overpowered as people think if you look at win rate. People prefer Zam as their Magic Guard user and that's paid off for them.
| 10 | Alakazam | 11 | 18.33% | 45.45% |

| 39 | Slowking | 2 | 3.33% | 100.0% |

Criminally underused imo, great ability and movepool and is a better choice than Jellicent if you don't need a spinblocker or the better matchup against Scizor.

| 23 | Excadrill | 5 | 8.33% | 40.00% |
| 5 | Starmie | 17 | 28.33% | 47.06% |

People still prefer Starmie as their spinner which I personally agree with considering Exca has a very hard time spinning against offensive teams since it's too slow unless it's Scarfed and locking yourself into Rapid Spin is just asking for trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)