Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames V - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Art by Ticken edit by Syrinix
Scheduling
  • Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, the game will be declared a dead game.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VMs to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas V will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCoOM V hosts and OM mod team. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Matching usernames: Players must play on usernames matching or close to matching their smogon names. If this criterion is not met, the match will not count.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be declared a dead game. All matches should be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCoOM V with) to avoid confusion, and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Semifinals

:urshifu-gmax: US Northeast (berry and Ducky) - [5][3] - France (Dragonillis and LBDC) :greninja:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Chris32156 vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Atha
SS Anything Goes: Will vs Royal1604
SS Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs Palapapop
SS Godly Gift: Meta vs Heika
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs damflame 3
SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs PandaDoux
SS STABmons: Fissure vs LBDC

:metagross: Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [5][2] - US South (beauts and UT) :marshtomp:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs zee
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs MZ
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs Kate
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs TPP
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs beauts
SS NFE: Jordy vs Kabilapok
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs crying

US Northeast (berry and Ducky) - [0][0] - France (Dragonillis and LBDC)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Chris32156 vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Atha
SS Anything Goes: Will vs Royal1604
SS Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs Palapapop
SS Godly Gift: Meta vs Heika
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs damflame 3
SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs PandaDoux
SS STABmons: Fissure vs LBDC

Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [0][0] - US South (beauts and UT)

The deadline for this round is Sunday, October 9th @ 11:59 PM GMT -4.

First game of the week with Milo who had not played NFE in this tour yet and Kabila who is showing a great knowledge of the tier and piloting. From preview, both teams have their own ways but it seems a bit stacked as Milo wincons named mainly Raboot + Thwackey are covered by Clefairy and Tangela mainly. Piloswine + Raboot can break through Clefairy if Gurdurr is offensive though. Gabite as Electabuzz answer is good enough to spot it for a while. On the other hand, Kabila is using a fat team that seems to not do a lot of progress but will depend on Gurdurr's set, which I suppose is offensive. This beast has no counters in the Milo's balance/offense team so, if that's the set, it seems is gonna have some fun.

First turns are straightforward, just clicking Knock Off and getting rid of some Eviolites. However, Clefairy with Trick worns down a bit Roselia in turn 3 while getting Eviolite back. T6 is also great for Kabila as it gets a Toxic to Thwackey and Stealth Rock afterwards. T8 Kabila guesses right and they read a Sludge Bomb to Vullaby but Gabite got poisoned while Roaring Roselia. Now Thwackey is back and can do a SD while praying no Roar. Gabite comes back to keep it healthy (bc it checks Ebuzz) and Vullaby switches into Thwackey. However, it tanked quite well the U-turn from Thwackey as it keeps Eviolite. I suppose Milo should have read the Vullaby coming in and just Knocking it Off over SD. And now, t11, Gurdurr comes into the field and shows a FO set which is deadly picking Vullaby as the first faint. Electabuzz comes to revenge kill and Kabila pilots around it with a sequence of Tangela + Vullaby + Electabuzz which was a bit scary as Electabuzz could have Volt-Switched in front of Vullaby. Finally, Piloswine delivered an Icicle Crash + Ice Shard combo to faint Tangela. After this, Gurdurr comes into the field and with a CC just faints Roselias with a crit that did not matter. Electabuzz again as the last time but now goes directly with Volt-Switch to gain momentum although Milo's team is lacking ways to make progress beyond Volt-Turning around (which kind of works for a few turns). Raboot finally comes into the field showing that is CB and does a Flare Blitz to Gabite. However, in t21, Milo switches Raboot back to Thwackey, which I didnt understand. I suppose they wanted to keep it healthier as it was taking recoil damage from Rough Skin but now, Milo's position was quite bad compared to a moment ago with Thwackey vs Vullaby. Finally, Kabila sacks both Gabite and Ebuzz to worn down Milo's Ebuzz and clean the game with Gurdurr.

Finally, a game that I played. However, it did not go as I expected and wanted. Ho3n brought a team with an interesting take I did not expect: Growth Ivysaur. I expected a defensive set that I could totally handle with Vullaby but it did not work. Beyond this, Piloswine could be CB (which was) and could be a bit annoying to play against. On the other hand, I had a balance team with Raboot and SD Thwackey as wincons (although stopped by Clefairy+Wartortle and Vullaby, respectively) and also CB Piloswine (stopped by Wartortle). From preview I think MU was quite even but that Ivysaur set could be the one positioning them over me.

First turns were straightforward and practically similar to last match between Milo and Kabila, Clefairy Tricking something (here a Hattrem). After a few turns, I put myself in a bad poisiton Resting in front of Clefairy and Ho3n going safely to CB Pilo. Here I should have gone with something else but I did not want rocks up. CB Piloswine was scary and it did a ton. This was a complete choke from my part as I should have gone to gCorsola, but still I was scary of some rocks evio Pilo. t11 Ivysaur clicks Growth and goes like crazy against my Vullaby. This was terrific. I just clicked Knock Off to put it in range of CB Pilo and to have better odds with SD Thwackey. Finally I sack my Vullaby, although afterwards I regretted not sacking my Hattrem. Here I went with Raboot and I just clicked without trying to predict as Ivysaur was scary too. U-turn should have always been the play. Finally, I let Piloswine get Knocked Off as I didnt have any good switchin (maybe sacking Hattrem?), and, imo, this decided the game as CB Pilo without CB was my downfall.

PD brought an interesting team with Koffing TSpikes (I guess) with Thwackey and Tortle as wincons. Elfuseon's team is more standard with some hazard stacking balance team and maybe using CB Pilo or even FO Gurdurr from preview. Altogether, I think if Elfuseon's Pilo is CB, it will have a small advantage as Koffing has no Levitate (normally if it is a T Spike setter) and both Tortle and Hattrem can be worn down quite easily.

From t2, we see that Elfuseon's Pilo is not CB but Eviolite which makes the MU more even. t3 is a bad turn for PD just predicting Vullaby (I believe?). Crit t11 from PD's Vullaby to Elfuseon's one is not that important but annoying as now Vullaby can Defog when Pilo comes into the field. Pilo tries to Toxic it but PD does well going to Hattrem which bounces it back to Pilo. T15 is also a good one for PD as it can set up rocks to pressure Elfuseon's Gurdurr to come into the field and Defog them. However, Elfuseon predicts well the incoming Koffing and Knocks it Off before defogging. Koffing reveals Thief stealing galar-Corsola's Eviolite. After some straightforward lines, Koffing goes down and opens the door to SS Tortle which faints Roselia before getting out against the incoming Thwackey. After some turns, we have a position in which Hattrem faints Piloswine and galar-Corsola revealing that has Psyshock. This is important as now Gurdurr can come into the field and click Bulk Up before cleaning the game. I think PD should have gone to something else like Wartortle, not allowing it to boost a couple of BUs.

And that's it for the final week of regular season!! I hope you enjoy the games and the review. I am sorry my game did not go as I planned and I did not perform for a better entertainment... Life.

By the way, let's go Europe! To finals as we did last year

1664793802025.png
(click image for an amazing Pokémon theme song)
See you Pokémaniacs :blobpex:

Last edited:
Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [0][0] - US South (beauts and UT)
1664793673248.png

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
OMWC BH Reviews: Week 3
MAMP vs quojova - :kyurem-black::eternatus::zamazenta-crowned::giratina::ho-oh::xerneas:vs :ferrothorn::celesteela::zamazenta-crowned::ho-oh::giratina::eternatus:
MAMP brings offensive balance whereas quojova brings semi-stall with 3 Steel-types.

quojova's lead and move selection tell pretty clearly that Celesteela is RegenVest, and after a few turns he brings out Magic Guard + Flame Orb Giratina, getting a Spike up on the incoming Poison Heal Xerneas. Things then spell trouble as Xerneas catches the incoming Celesteela with Thunder Cage, and a double Spiky Shield lets Xern grab the kill. quojova then reveals his Eternatus check, being Magic Guard Ho-Oh, and after a few turns of dancing around (and quojova getting a layer of Spikes bounced), MAMP's Eternatus gets in and tricks Black Sludge onto quojova's Zamazenta-C. This pays off almost instantly as MAMP reveals his Ho-Oh to also be Magic Guard, which thanks to Brave Bird and Nuzzle is able to force past quojova's Zamazenta-C. MAMP's Kyurem finally gets in and grabs a kill, however is chased out by quojova's Eternatus which grabs a Nasty Plot on the switch - however, 2 Core Enforcers isn't enough to finish Ho-Oh who paralyses and would have finished it off if not for the forfeit.

TTTech vs Jordy - :regigigas::xerneas::ho-oh::chansey::zygarde-complete::registeel:vs :xerneas::ho-oh::celesteela::zygarde-complete::zamazenta-crowned::regigigas:
Both teams look pretty standard here, TTTech's signature Prankster Registeel shouldn't have much setup to stop.

I'll be real, Jordy's Regigigas gets tricked a Scarf but literally nothing happens until turn 33 where TTTech's Ho-Oh gets full para'd to death. Jordy then proceeds to send his Regigigas out into TTTech's +2 one, and lets his die for no valid reason, however this creates a window where his Xerneas can come in on TTTech's Zygarde-C and set up a Quiver Dance. TTTech's Imposter gets crit for 60%, which when combined with the lack of a Toxic Orb on Jordy's Xerneas would imply Sheer Force, and it takes out Imposter with a tad of health remaining. TTTech's Xern comes in and scares it out, allowing TTTech to go to Regigigas and set up Swords Dance, killing off Jordy's Zamazenta-C with Precipice Blades. It heavily injures Zygarde-C before being forced out due to Core Enforcer, however comes back in through a double and outspeeds Jordy's Xerneas to kill. Jordy's Ho-Oh comes in and Shift Gears on the switch, but because it's not Life Orb, it can't break past the Fur Coat Zygarde-C in front of it and gets forced out by Spectral Thief, after which TTTech's Regigigas can come in and finish the game.

Dragonillis vs Tanny89k - :mewtwo::palkia::chansey::celesteela::zamazenta-crowned::xerneas:vs :dragapult::eternatus::ho-oh::regigigas::xerneas::zamazenta-crowned:
cheese and wine on both sides lmao

Lead Prankster Ho-Oh from Tanny starts off by forcing out the Imposter in front of it, grabbing paralysis on what looks like another RegenVest Celesteela before pivoting out to Eternatus. Nuzzle triggers Etern's Lightning Rod, and thanks to the Nasty Plot / full para on the next turn it can kill Celesteela with Blue Flare. This next turn basically seals the game - Imposter kills Eternatus with Eternabeam, giving free entry to Tanny's Dragapult, which can freely Anchor Shot due to Eternabeam's cooldown turn. Then, Imposter gets given Normalize, and Tanny has time to get off 19 Acupressures before Baton Passing to Regigigas (any more and Imposter would kill itself with struggle before Regigigas Imprisons Haze). Imprison on the next turn seals Haze, Power Trip, Imprison and a 4th move (likely Counter, Metal Burst, Topsy-Turvy or Destiny Bond), ending the game as nothing is either living the +6 780BP Power Trip or able to actually remove the boosts.

There's jokingly an argument to be made that Tanny's cheese isn't cheddar optimal. Skill Swap would mean you can set up on Magic Bounce users, Thousand Waves doesn't make contact and so could bypass Helmet chip, and changing the recipient to Yveltal still means a Prankster Topsy-Turvy immunity but also means you can choose to drop Dazzling for something like Sturdy to help with Sash shenanigans (although this does invite PixiSpeed crit paranoia).

Quantum Tesseract vs Tea Guzzler - :eternatus::regigigas::xerneas::zamazenta-crowned::chansey::zygarde-complete:vs :eternatus::xerneas::heatran::groudon::zamazenta-crowned::drapion:
There's 2 things you notice when you see this replay:
  • The speed at which it was played. Timer wasn't on but no turn took less than 20 seconds.
  • The presence of DRAX ATTAX.
Game starts with lead Heatran, which scares out Imposter with Knock Off. Hard Xerneas on the incoming TWaves as this would just kill Heatran and Boomburst does a huge chunk to the incoming Zamazenta-C, which isn't able to kill Xerneas. I heal on the incoming Imposter and switch to Heatran, using the threat of Nuzzle to scare it out and catch the incoming Zamazenta-C with Lava Plume, with a second one finishing it off. Eternatus comes in after (which I would later find out is SpecsMaw), so I decide to sack Groudon and go to Xerneas. Boomburst dents Imposter and kills Regigigas (after it uses Nuzzle), with Imposter coming back in and healing off of Heatran with Strength Sap, but now I can use the incoming Zygarde-C as an opening to get my own Eternatus in and blow Zygarde-C up with Dragon Energy. I switch out of the Eternatus mirror (i'm Modest but also know the other one probably is), however QT reads my switch to Xerneas on Dragon Energy with their own Xern, who proceeds to QD and kill off Xerneas. For some reason they don't QD on Heatran, which can't touch Xerneas due to no Spectral, which lets me bring in DRAX ATTAX whose Flame Orb activates. It lives Moonblast but doesn't kill with Gunk Shot (87% means it's Bold Xerneas), so I have to Gambit with Etern to actually finish it off as Sludge Bomb is only 25% to kill and risks Moonblast Sp.Atk drop. I get Chansey's Eviolite with Knock Off but lose AV in the process, and Zamazenta-C manages to live all of Eternatus' Dragon Energies, however I click Anchor Shot on turn 42 and the game ends.

QT actually told me after the game that they didn't have Blue Flare, however looking back at the replay there was no way I could actually win. Imposter does not copy Core Enforcer surpression, so Imposter would have Fur Coat and thus i'd need multiple full paras to kill it (see this replay where Imp takes a whole 10% from Thunderous Kick), in addition to the fact that I simply don't have enough Recovers to stall out Core Enforcer PP.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
treator & retired Osake wants to fail maths test so he's doing predicts!!!!

US Northeast (berry and Ducky) - [5][3] - France (Dragonillis and LBDC)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Chris32156 vs lancert - 2v2 is a shaky tier and I haven't been impressed by the games I've seen, but Chris felt like a better player during OMPL
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Atha - no game here, Atha is just a billion better and can load w/e shit he wants he should win p easily
SS Anything Goes: Will vs Royal1604 - Will posts WAY too much win posts in Wiggly cord so they must be a good player. I wasn't convinced by Royal game vs Kate too which is the only one I watched but Will feels more solid
SS Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs Palapapop - BH is by far the OM I understand the less but my goat Redflix told me TTTech was a bit better so I'm following my idol :pray: also SD U-Turn Gigas is criminal therefore Palapapop must lose (you're the STABmons goat why are you playing BH bro....)
SS Godly Gift: Meta vs Heika - probably the game I'm the most excited to watch between two amazing people that are super nice and also quite good at the game, even if kinda underrated! I don't know how Meta evolved since Wcup but he definitely has potential and Heika can defeat anyone if he's on a good day so.. a fun game in perspective, I'm giving the lead to Heika because I actually watched his games :d
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs damflame 3 - Andy is still by far a better player imo, and like Atha vs Heracross I think it's just a no game if Andy focuses
SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs PandaDoux - I watched some NFE games but none of S1nn0h so I can't really appreciate their current level, both are good players tho but I feel like Panda is more solid in tour games, especially in semis and will not fail to bring this win
SS STABmons: Fissure vs LBDC - quite a close one too and probably the one that can decide the week (except 2v2 bc its 2v2), I'm giving the lead to Fissure bc I feel like they are more solid overall but LBDC in a good day is a monster we just gotta hope it'll be one of those days!

Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [3][5] - US South (beauts and UT)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs zee - I like zee but man STABLE is just the absolute goat I will never bold against them
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs MZ - those AAA pairings are clearly not the most exciting ever, Eeveeto haven't convinced me at all (even tho they loaded a meme team w1) and I think MZ should win this if he doens't get MU'd
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs Kate - ya Kate is just better
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract - ok I don't watch a lot of BH and I don't understand the meta really well but QT keeps loading the most basic BH shit I've ever seen and they keep winning bc they are that good but I do hope that sometimes will punish them at some point and this person is Ivar trust me you've read it here first
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs TPP - I think this pairing happened in GG Seasonal and Lily won? but exciting game incoming, like Meta vs Heika I really wanna watch it and I don't really have a reason to bold TPP over Lily, I just feel like it so yeah
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs beauts - the day beauts uses 100% of their brain to think they'll be the best ever OM player. insane player but sometimes you just don't think and that's sad, stop choking and you'll get this p easily :]
SS NFE: Jordy vs Kabilapok - Kabilapok had some great showings imo and will clutch this for the best "coast" (if that's even a coast?? idk man America is too complicated for my little brain)
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs crying - my man pannu is the WORST stabs player EVER he can't give me a single good team for some reasons he keeps winning whenever he kinda tries he's not even good but.. nah good pairing but I'll give the edge to pannu for their previous showing and bc I trust him

Europe vs South has some very very very close pairings and I think it can clearly go either ways, while NE vs France feel a little more one sided - even if, of course, it's Pokemon and everything can happen.
Anyway good luck to all players, don't get mad if I didn't bold you or said you had no chance just prove me wrong I'm just a bad retired player my opinion doesn't count!
Sorry France for being a treator >< I wish you the best though!

Take care everyone, and have a funny spooky month :heart:

Last edited:

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
treator & retired Osake wants to fail maths test so he's doing predicts!!!!

US Northeast (berry and Ducky) - [5][3] - France (Dragonillis and LBDC)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Chris32156 vs lancert - 2v2 is a shaky tier and I haven't been impressed by the games I've seen, but Chris felt like a better player during OMPL
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Atha - no game here, Atha is just a billion better and can load w/e shit he wants he should win p easily
SS Anything Goes: Will vs Royal1604 - Will posts WAY too much win posts in Wiggly cord so they must be a good player. I wasn't convinced by Royal game vs Kate too which is the only one I watched but Will feels more solid
SS Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs Palapapop - BH is by far the OM I understand the less but my goat Redflix told me TTTech was a bit better so I'm following my idol :pray: also SD U-Turn Gigas is criminal therefore Palapapop must lose (you're the STABmons goat why are you playing BH bro....)
SS Godly Gift: Meta vs Heika - probably the game I'm the most excited to watch between two amazing people that are super nice and also quite good at the game, even if kinda underrated! I don't know how Meta evolved since Wcup but he definitely has potential and Heika can defeat anyone if he's on a good day so.. a fun game in perspective, I'm giving the lead to Heika because I actually watched his games :d
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs damflame 3 - Andy is still by far a better player imo, and like Atha vs Heracross I think it's just a no game if Andy focuses
SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs PandaDoux - I watched some NFE games but none of S1nn0h so I can't really appreciate their current level, both are good players tho but I feel like Panda is more solid in tour games, especially in semis and will not fail to bring this win
SS STABmons: Fissure vs LBDC - quite a close one too and probably the one that can decide the week (except 2v2 bc its 2v2), I'm giving the lead to Fissure bc I feel like they are more solid overall but LBDC in a good day is a monster we just gotta hope it'll be one of those days!

Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [3][5] - US South (beauts and UT)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs zee - I like zee but man STABLE is just the absolute goat I will never bold against them
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs MZ - those AAA pairings are clearly not the most exciting ever, Eeveeto haven't convinced me at all (even tho they loaded a meme team w1) and I think MZ should win this if he doens't get MU'd
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs Kate - ya Kate is just better
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract - ok I don't watch a lot of BH and I don't understand the meta really well but QT keeps loading the most basic BH shit I've ever seen and they keep winning bc they are that good but I do hope that sometimes will punish them at some point and this person is Ivar trust me you've read it here first
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs TPP - I think this pairing happened in GG Seasonal and Lily won? but exciting game incoming, like Meta vs Heika I really wanna watch it and I don't really have a reason to bold TPP over Lily, I just feel like it so yeah
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs beauts - the day beauts uses 100% of their brain to think they'll be the best ever OM player. insane player but sometimes you just don't think and that's sad, stop choking and you'll get this p easily :]
SS NFE: Jordy vs Kabilapok - Kabilapok had some great showings imo and will clutch this for the best "coast" (if that's even a coast?? idk man America is too complicated for my little brain)
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs crying - my man pannu is the WORST stabs player EVER he can't give me a single good team for some reasons he keeps winning whenever he kinda tries he's not even good but.. nah good pairing but I'll give the edge to pannu for their previous showing and bc I trust him

Europe vs South has some very very very close pairings and I think it can clearly go either ways, while NE vs France feel a little more one sided - even if, of course, it's Pokemon and everything can happen.
Anyway good luck to all players, don't get mad if I didn't bold you or said you had no chance just prove me wrong I'm just a bad retired player my opinion doesn't count!
Sorry France for being a treator >< I wish you the best though!

Take care everyone, and have a funny spooky month :heart:
Where is the AAA review???

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
hopefully the final serious predictions I am going to do this year... Northeast #1 as always and will 8-0 France :))

Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [3]5] - US South (beauts and UT)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs zee - Tough match to predict but I want beauts and UT to win so i can beat them in final, i think zee is also better at doubles
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs MZ - Eveeto has not impressed me at all in aaa
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs Kate - could go either way on this one
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract - QT cannot be the goat every week
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs TPP - the 2 newest gg council members, think im leaning towards tpp cuz he has more support
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs beauts - beauts is the better mnm player
SS NFE: Jordy vs Kabilapok - kabila is slightly better at NFE + beauts supprt
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs crying - pannu is the better stab player

:urshifu-gmax: US Northeast (berry and Ducky) - [5][3] - France (Dragonillis and LBDC) :greninja:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Chris32156 vs lancert chris numbers is like good at the game despite all my past misconceptions he is capable of bringing multiple indeedees in a series which is a crazy skill to have for a 2v2er. lancer had the most disappointingly "why are these plays being made" games of all time not sure how he got a 2-0 record. Should be a wash
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Atha atha's playing was really good in the games I saw, so the record isnt fraudulent (rare). Heracross ain't bad he made ssnl finals and all I just don't really like the builds he's been bringing
SS Anything Goes: Will vs Royal1604 will is really good but he is inevitably getting lucked here 0 doubt in my mind
SS Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs Palapapop didn't really wanna bold either but tttech has better teams i guess
SS Godly Gift: Meta vs Heika i have zero clue who these guys are but meta has the high reaction score badgeless drip so he wins i think (hella 50/50 matchup)
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs damflame 3 ANDYBOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY guy doesnt even know who i am but im a fanboy dude
SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs PandaDoux wise man once said that ho3n is the best player on the site because he's the only viable player to ever touch nfe, and i agree
SS STABmons: Fissure vs LBDC idk lbdc good click buttones yes record high yepyep idk what to say stabmons is kinda boring to watch honestly half the mons on every team dont even abuse the niche like.

seems like a bodybag for us northeast, france did seem like not that strong a team from afar but upon further inspection, uhh, yeah no checks out. Still a few interesting games like I'll be hyped to watch the AAA and pretend to watch the MnM (that tier is also kinda boring) and also be hyped to win the week go europe fuck south and other patriotic stuff. gn

Schedule Semi final vs US NorthEast (berry and ducky) : (GMT=0)
(I will update when I have the other schedules)

2v2 : Friday 8 PM
AAA : Sunday 7 PM
AG : Sunday 7 PM
BH : Friday 7 PM
GG : Sunday 8 PM
MnM : Sunday 6 PM
NFE : Sunday 7 PM
STABmons : Sunday 5 PM

Last edited:
gagné sur 4

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1680253507
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1680256385
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1680260681
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1680266810

C'EST VOS TOURS MAINTENANT LES GARS Atha Royal1604 Heika damflame 3 PandaDoux LBDC

thanks to my best guys in the french team for carrying me
Siamato for helping everyone in the slots every day and to Dragonillis for the great job he has done so far, amazing cap.

LGI FRANCE

VIVE PARIS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)