Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames V - Qualifying Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Information & Administrative Decisions | Qualifying Round | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Semifinals | Finals​

Art by Ticken edit by Syrinix

Scheduling
  • Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, the game will be declared a dead game.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VMs to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas V will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCoOM V hosts and OM mod team. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Matching usernames: Players must play on usernames matching or close to matching their smogon names. If this criterion is not met, the match will not count.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be declared a dead game. All matches should be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCoOM V with) to avoid confusion, and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [7][0] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop
SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang
SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl
SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone
SS NFE: abriel vs DuGuo
SS STABmons: crying vs zerodragon

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 11th @ 10:00 PM GMT -4.

Last edited:

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [8][0] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): UT vs idol1900
SS Almost Any Ability: UT vs gostop
SS Anything Goes: UT vs AIsang
SS Balanced Hackmons: UT vs Nihilslave
SS Godly Gift: UT vs cscl
SS Mix and Mega: UT vs hybone
SS NFE: UT vs DuGuo
SS STABmons: UT vs zerodragon

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [0][8] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs Nihilslave
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs Nihilslave
SS Anything Goes: Kate vs Nihilslave
SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs Nihilslave
SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs Nihilslave
SS NFE: The Strap vs Nihilslave
SS STABmons: crying vs Nihilslave

:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [0][0][8] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900 vs Potatochan
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop vs Potatochan
SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang vs Potatochan
SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave vs Potatochan
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl vs Potatochan
SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone vs Potatochan
SS NFE: The Strap vs DuGuo vs Potatochan
SS STABmons: crying vs zerodragon vs Potatochan

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
predicts so beauts will stop bullying me

:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [6][2] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900 - Haven't seen either play 2v2, but I know Zee is good at doubles / vgc and have never heard of idol
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop - MZ with beauts and ut support is terrifying
SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang - Pretty much same as 2v2, I know Kate is good and havent heard of Alsang
SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave - NIHILSLAVE >>>>
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl - I think this game could go either way, but TPP is a great player and has a ton of GG support from their managers
SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone - beauts is very mid is a solid MnM player and I dont really know anything about hybone
SS NFE: The Strap vs DuGuo - I havent actually seen The Strap play an NFE game so I cant bold him
SS STABmons Cryingg vs zerodragon - Crying goat

Last edited:
:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [6][2] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900 - i have never seen both players in this tier so i'm just bolding the vgc leader, who knows how to play in a doubles format
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop - MZ is playing the tier since years while gostop played very weird stuff last omwc iirc, but with a good fish gostop can win this
SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang - same as 2v2 Doubles, i have never seen both in this tier but Kate has won the natdex thing and idk who Alsang is, but like 2v2 Doubles, Alsang might actually be very good and win this
SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave - HL of the week, QT is one of the best OMs player and everyone knows how threatening they are in any tier, however Nihilslave has been impressive during OMPL, they brought strong wins vs great BH players and probably have more knowledge than QT in the tier (even if QT has at least a good knowledge of the tier), i'm very hype for this game
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl - the pairing is actually quite interisting, i know cscl is playing the tier and can build good stuffs but i never saw them play a game, so i'm bolding TPP, who is good and also knows the tier + i'm pretty sure they have support
SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone - hybone is unknown from a lot of people but they played MnM last omwc and were actually quite good, they ended with a 1-1 record because they forgot to post 2 wins (i think) vs strong players of the pool and i expect them to make a positive record again, beauts is good and can win vs anyone (in almost any slot) but i want to believe in a x-0 hybone
SS NFE: The Strap vs DuGuo - The Strap is good and can win vs anyone while playing some heat stuff. On the other side, DuGuo lacks support and didn't play a lot of NFE games but they still can win if they fish the good MU
SS STABmons: crying vs zerodragon - i have never seen zerodragon played and crying is good, i don't know if they play stabmons a lot but with a good support, except if zerodragon is actually very good, they will win this

Overall i think the week is highly in favor for US South, they actually have a very good team and will probably be one of the best team of this OMWC. In game, every slots are good, and the support is even better in every slots except maybe the 2v2 Doubles since zee seems alone, beauts can support decently any slots, and crying can help Kate in AG, UT's support is also valuable in AAA & GG and i'm not talking about QT who can help any slot too.
However, China is kinda unpredictable ngl, they have a very good BH slot who can manage to win vs anyone, their MnM, GG, AAA, & NFE have also some experience in the tier, and i have no clue about the other 3 but i'm pretty sure they will try their best.

I really like this pairing because we have 6/7 outsiders who can show to the world that we should not underestimate China, while US South is back with a very strong team. Gl hf

KarpeChan

Banned deucer.
alr time for a serious post
:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [5][3] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900 - i'm pretty sure nihil said idol doesn't play 2v2 so uh... but they're good at other formats so we might yoink a win here
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop - council + tl vs midkarp for support :row:, might change my opinion after i do more games with gostop tho

SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang - according to nihil, aisang is a pretty good AG player + we have a ton of AG support

SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave - nihil goat

SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl - beauts support, zamn. also dug thru some of TPP's ompl replays and they seem to be better than the cscl nihil described

SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone - dunno about hybone but beauts is unfortunately very cracked

SS NFE: The Strap vs DuGuo - I can't seem to find any strap games so...

SS STABmons: crying vs zerodragon - isn't crying a gg player tho, i really don't know much about this MU but I think south probably has a good stab support

国内打OM的人实在太少了啊,要是能多出几个人才夺冠就好了(无端幻想中)

Last edited:

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [4][1] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900 - zee is really good at vgc and has beauts support, havent heard of idol
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop - MZ with UT support, enough said
SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang - dont know ag
SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave - non mainer vs mainer
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl - TPP was pretty good in ompl
SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone - beauts is really good
SS NFE: Abriel vs DuGuo - dont know nfe
SS STABmons: crying vs zerodragon - dont know stab

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
:marshtomp: US South (beauts and UT) - [4][3] - China (Nihilslave and cscl) :infernape:

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): zee vs idol1900 - zee is already known as an extremely competent doubles player and 2v2 is no different, but with beauts support on top it becomes almost impossible for idol to win this one. could be proven wrong though, and would love to be.

SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs gostop - honestly a wild predict but im bolding gostop here. they played in omwc 4, and performed decently well there, and has continued to show that theyre a competent player during their absence from smogon tours. MZ is no bad opponent, especially considering their support in beauts, UT, and the rest of the team, but I do believe that this could be an upset in favour of gostop.

SS Anything Goes: Kate vs AIsang - Alsang seems to know what they're doing from what I've looked at (which is very limited to be fair as this is all from Smogon posts), but I feel like Kate wins most of the time here. Could be closer than I think it might be because of what MiAG said above, but I've seen a lot more from Kate and she's generally consistent.

SS Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Nihilslave - QT good but Nihil better.

SS Godly Gift: TPP vs cscl - Toss-up, could go either way. I think TPP is more likely to win here because of the support he has, but cscl isn't bad either.

SS Mix and Mega: beauts vs hybone - this is not a fair mu im sorry hybone

SS NFE: abriel vs DuGuo - abriel has been killing it lately in general, but I still believe DuGuo wins here. Probably just bias from how I saw him playing in recent, though, and I lack NFE experience in the first place to properly judge here.

SS STABmons: crying vs zerodragon - zerodragon is a complete newcomer to my knowledge, so they'll be relying on team support. crying is crying, 'nuff said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)