Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames II - Playoffs!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Original OP from Megazard

Thanks to Kaiju Bunny for the amazing art!

How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 starters and 3 subs. The players are picked by the managers, who have access to any players eligible for their region. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:
  1. USUM Almost Any Ability
  2. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  3. USUM Mix and Mega
  4. USUM Camomons
  5. USUM STABmons
  6. USUM Tier Shift
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Matchups for this year's tournament are put in a normal round robin structure, similar to PSPL. There are 8 teams total and they will be divided into 2 groups of 4. Each team will face off against one other team per week and will spend a total of three weeks facing all other teams in their division. Points will be given by the end of each week. All winning teams get 2 points while tied teams get 1 point and losing teams get 0. After three weeks, the two teams of each division with the most points total will make it into the playoff semifinals round where the finalists are determined. All standard Smogon tournament rules and procedures apply.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats (Balanced Hackmons) plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto playoffs or finals.

Rules on Substitutes:
Substitutes are allowed. A player that has been subbed out during a week may not be subbed into any other slot. Multiple substitutions may occur in the same slot.

Substitutions will be not be allowed in tiebreak series unless the hosts mandate it. However, since we prioritize games being played, we will consider extension requests so long as they're reasonable. We will also be reluctant to give activity wins to those who are clearly fishing for them.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate a discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas II will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCoOM II hosts/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCoOM II with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Lineups for the next round will be due on 8:59PM Eastern Standard Time on November 17th, 2019.

Matchups:

Sword & Shield Division

US South
(In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [6]
[0] - US Northeast (power, regirock)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Sabella
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs regirock (sub 1)
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs Andyboy
USUM Camomons - Havens vs Highlord
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Betathunder
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Megazard

UK
(Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast)
- [5] [1] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs The Immortal
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs Chessking345
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs TectonicDestroyer
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Sylveon.
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Chloe
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Dj Breloominati♬

---
If I've screwed up in any way, sorry in advance and could you please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord! :blobthumbsup:
---

The deadline is Sunday, November 17th, 11:59 PM Eastern

Last edited by a moderator:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This tour fuckin sucks, next post I see with hehe boi alliance in the signature gets infracted. (I'm kidding, pls dont take that seriously)

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [4.5] [1.5] - US Northeast (power, regirock)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Sabella - Going by name alone this one looks p chalked, Cata isn't to be underestimated but even if sab lost 0-2 to racool last week I'd give him this mu every time I think. He'll prolly have to build something new for once in his life tho bc we've seen all your fuckin teams dude!!!
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs sugarhigh - PDT got matched up with the only person on the site I've gassed more than him for UU majors this week, so i will have to do my best to gas him here since I cannot do so in UU Majors. This is probably the one meta i hate more than UU, ever since sed challed me asking for a "test" and rolls up with 6 mrays. Idk how any of you have fun with this dogshit tier, regardless pdt is king of it w/o even fuckin trying, literally just randomly came out as a BH player like how Eminem came out as gay in The Interview, then proceeded to murder every other bh player in existence one by one. His opponent does not matter, they will lose.
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs Andyboy - This ladder random somehow did the impossible and beat stresh last week or something. However skysolo's memes about incest, aligators, and florida might be too much for this dumbass to handle. Better luck next time is what I would say, but I hate you, whoever you are. So I hope you have bad luck forever, go skysolo!!
USUM Camomons - Havens vs Highlord - I didn't know Havens was even in this tour tbqh, am I stupid as shit and forgot or is this his first week being in, idfk. Either way Havens has always been nice to me but I've seen Highlord play oms while I've only seen Havens play monotype and the bench role for the blisseys. Iirc he was TI's patented "let's make these people wait 3h for the last pick of ompl" draft pick. Highlord should win but im bolding Havens anyways b/c he's been nice in the past iirc.
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Betathunder - Betathunder has been super nice to me recently and he follows me on instagram so it's really hard to bet against him rn. However I actually own the alt "baesf" on PS, try to reg it, you can't.. it's mine. So I think that conveys the amount of confidence and love I have invested into that user, is always more helpful than everyone else and ik once this tour is over I won't see aesf around much anymore while i'll still see betathunder around a fair amount so I must cherish aesf while he's here.
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Megazard - This is like a hl matchup to me bc these people are super similar. QT is more difficult to read while mz is way more of an asshole, but otherwise they're that guy that you get teamed with in some random pl and you no longer wanna paste your teams in your pl discord in fear of what they might say about it. This battle will be of raw pettiness, MZ is the better player, but QT is an oms vet among vets. I for one don't care, so I'm betting that both lose.

UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast) - [3] [3] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs The Immortal - Okkk TI is still in this slot, but he beat Funbot last week so it's hard to bet against him now. However racool 2-0d Sabella last week who is a powerhouse in his own right w/o question. Racool is still hot off ompl so I gotta give it to her, I'm mad at geerat for keeping us from witnessing his AAA prowess throughout this tour.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs Chessking345 - Wildbeast made a post last week that really bothered me b/c he unironically used some word I've never seen before and I really hated. I think it was "piquant", maybe that's like a common word and I'm beyond stupid but damn just speak english so illiterate users like myself can at least somewhat understand what's happening. Don't ever "piquant" in my direction ever again.
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs TectonicDestroyer - One loss to tect in ompl made Handy Manny or whatever that user's name is lose his will to live for like 3 weeks. What I'm saying is, the pressure is all the way on stresh. If tect loses, who the fuck cares. If stresh loses? Oh fuck. The OM community will be turned upside down if tect slays another giant's will to live. Stresh will be worrying about losing while tect will prolly also be worrying about losing but for no reason b/c nobody rlly expects him to win. Either way, the mental game should be in tect's favor and I will bold his name to give him confidence!!
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Sylveon. - Yeah chazm is cool but have you ever talked to geerat? That guy's fuckin adorable. He's also 97% of the lines in AAA discord, and 90% of those lines are just random emojis. This guy is unbeatable, similar to aesf and pdt (the other 2 pillars of the troublesome threesome of the OM community) (I couldn't think of a better adjective that started with a t to use there than "troublesome", sorry).
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Chloe - Uhhhhh, I don't think I have to explain this one. I'm not sure if chloe even knows what she's doing after 3-4 weeks of stabmons building, w0rd is an absolute psychopath in this tier. This will be womanslaughter.
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Dj Breloominati♬ - Cam is better I think, idk, idc about this mu at all. This tier confuses me.

Good luck to you all, not that I care b/c my team is out and you guys are all horrible. Just kidding, reminder I can't spell my own name correctly w/o assistance.

edit: I've been told these predicts are too tame and to bold nobody b/c at the end of the day you're all losers, so I am unbolding everybody, gl.

another edit: Alright, didn't see this until now but TectonicDestroyer what IS this??? https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/world-cup-of-other-metagames-ii-week-3.3655958/post-8276867
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN, I'M SO FUCKIN CONFUSED.

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
This tour fuckin sucks, next post I see with hehe boi alliance in the signature gets infracted. (I'm kidding, pls dont take that seriously)

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [4.5] [1.5] - US Northeast (power, regirock)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Sabella - Going by name alone this one looks p chalked, Cata isn't to be underestimated but even if sab lost 0-2 to racool last week I'd give him this mu every time I think. He'll prolly have to build something new for once in his life tho bc we've seen all your fuckin teams dude!!!
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs sugarhigh - PDT got matched up with the only person on the site I've gassed more than him for UU majors this week, so i will have to do my best to gas him here since I cannot do so in UU Majors. This is probably the one meta i hate more than UU, ever since sed challed me asking for a "test" and rolls up with 6 mrays. Idk how any of you have fun with this dogshit tier, regardless pdt is king of it w/o even fuckin trying, literally just randomly came out as a BH player like how Eminem came out as gay in The Interview, then proceeded to murder every other bh player in existence one by one. His opponent does not matter, they will lose.
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs Andyboy - This ladder random somehow did the impossible and beat stresh last week or something. However skysolo's memes about incest, aligators, and florida might be too much for this dumbass to handle. Better luck next time is what I would say, but I hate you, whoever you are. So I hope you have bad luck forever, go skysolo!!
USUM Camomons - Havens vs Highlord - I didn't know Havens was even in this tour tbqh, am I stupid as shit and forgot or is this his first week being in, idfk. Either way Havens has always been nice to me but I've seen Highlord play oms while I've only seen Havens play monotype and the bench role for the blisseys. Iirc he was TI's patented "let's make these people wait 3h for the last pick of ompl" draft pick. Highlord should win but im bolding Havens anyways b/c he's been nice in the past iirc.
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Betathunder - Betathunder has been super nice to me recently and he follows me on instagram so it's really hard to bet against him rn. However I actually own the alt "baesf" on PS, try to reg it, you can't.. it's mine. So I think that conveys the amount of confidence and love I have invested into that user, is always more helpful than everyone else and ik once this tour is over I won't see aesf around much anymore while i'll still see betathunder around a fair amount so I must cherish aesf while he's here.
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Megazard - This is like a hl matchup to me bc these people are super similar. QT is more difficult to read while mz is way more of an asshole, but otherwise they're that guy that you get teamed with in some random pl and you no longer wanna paste your teams in your pl discord in fear of what they might say about it. This battle will be of raw pettiness, MZ is the better player, but QT is an oms vet among vets. I for one don't care, so I'm betting that both lose.

UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast) - [3] [3] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs The Immortal - Okkk TI is still in this slot, but he beat Funbot last week so it's hard to bet against him now. However racool 2-0d Sabella last week who is a powerhouse in his own right w/o question. Racool is still hot off ompl so I gotta give it to her, I'm mad at geerat for keeping us from witnessing his AAA prowess throughout this tour.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs Chessking345 - Wildbeast made a post last week that really bothered me b/c he unironically used some word I've never seen before and I really hated. I think it was "piquant", maybe that's like a common word and I'm beyond stupid but damn just speak english so illiterate users like myself can at least somewhat understand what's happening. Don't ever "piquant" in my direction ever again.
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs TectonicDestroyer - One loss to tect in ompl made Handy Manny or whatever that user's name is lose his will to live for like 3 weeks. What I'm saying is, the pressure is all the way on stresh. If tect loses, who the fuck cares. If stresh loses? Oh fuck. The OM community will be turned upside down if tect slays another giant's will to live. Stresh will be worrying about losing while tect will prolly also be worrying about losing but for no reason b/c nobody rlly expects him to win. Either way, the mental game should be in tect's favor and I will bold his name to give him confidence!!
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Sylveon. - Yeah chazm is cool but have you ever talked to geerat? That guy's fuckin adorable. He's also 97% of the lines in AAA discord, and 90% of those lines are just random emojis. This guy is unbeatable, similar to aesf and pdt (the other 2 pillars of the troublesome threesome of the OM community) (I couldn't think of a better adjective that started with a t to use there than "troublesome", sorry).
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Chloe - Uhhhhh, I don't think I have to explain this one. I'm not sure if chloe even knows what she's doing after 3-4 weeks of stabmons building, w0rd is an absolute psychopath in this tier. This will be womanslaughter.
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Dj Breloominati♬ - Cam is better I think, idk, idc about this mu at all. This tier confuses me.

Good luck to you all, not that I care b/c my team is out and you guys are all horrible. Just kidding, reminder I can't spell my own name correctly w/o assistance.

edit: I've been told these predicts are too tame and to bold nobody b/c at the end of the day you're all losers, so I am unbolding everybody, gl.

another edit: Alright, didn't see this until now but TectonicDestroyer what IS this??? https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/world-cup-of-other-metagames-ii-week-3.3655958/post-8276867
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN, I'M SO FUCKIN CONFUSED.
can confirm u will see more than triage and lax this week.

Good luck to all of you !!!
I'd like to predict this time so let's try ^^ (only BH predicts will have a sense :psysly:)

US South - [4] [2] - US Northeast
USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Sabella
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs regirock : Pinkdragontamer has the bests Teambuildings and is in great shape
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs Andyboy
USUM Camomons - Havens vs Highlord
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Betathunder
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Megazard

UK - [2] [4] - Asia Pacific
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs The Immortal
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs Chessking345 : I'm the only noob able to lose vs Chess ^^ Willdbeast will take this one
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs TectonicDestroyer
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Sylveon.
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Chloe
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Dj Breloominati♬

Don't forget all of you : France will win next time ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)