World Cup of 1v1 3 - Sets and Team Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom

Banned deucer.
approved by Quote

So now that the world cup of 1v1 3 is done for the majority of players in it, I think it's appropriate to have a team/set dump for the last 1v1 team tour while SM is the main gen, and one where old gens are currently developing. Pretty much any sort of team/set/idea works, even ones you didn't use but might've been close to.

Gonna tag pretty much everyone done with the tour because I'm a psychopath, I hope you all have something to add!

I'll add a ton of stuff for old gens when this tour is completely done! I might help central europe heh

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
approved by Quote

So now that the world cup of 1v1 3 is done for the majority of players in it, I think it's appropriate to have a team/set dump for the last 1v1 team tour while SM is the main gen, and one where old gens are currently developing. Pretty much any sort of team/set/idea works, even ones you didn't use but might've been close to.

Gonna tag pretty much everyone done with the tour because I'm a psychopath, I hope you all have something to add!

I'll add a ton of stuff for old gens when this tour is completely done! I might help central europe heh
lol i went 0-3 you dont want my teams

pqs

Banned deucer.
I'm using different teams for the finals, don't get mad at me East.

Importable | Replay
I've always found Dragonite as a fun 'mon to use in 1v1 because of how many sets it can run viably, physical Flyinium, physical Dragonium, special Dragonium, special Flyinium, mixed, Choice Band, Choice Scarf, etc etc. So, I built a team around it using a solid Tapu Lele + Durant team- I rely on my odds to beat Magearna the UOP way...

Importable | Replay 1 | Replay 2
Yet again another DFS core, plus another Special/Mixed Dragonium Dragonite as you can see i am not the best set builder and just steal from MaceMaster's compendium <3 ily bb this team was originally going to be used against Whalemancheng in the 1v1 Summer Seasonal but, he really likes Gengar-Mega so it never got a time to shine until now.

Importable | Replay
I really liked Scarfed Landorus-Therian so I decided to bring that just in case he had Greninja or something. Physical Altaria-Mega I love to use even though many others prefer Special Stall.

thanks Osra for the Gigalith set <3
Importable | Replay
This team was really fun even though I misplayed and lost with it the one game I used it in WC- thanks to Glyx for the Gigalith set it really caught people on ladder and stuff off guard, Kartana and Kommo-o were more just fillers that would lure stuff in like Charizard-Mega-X/Y (thought most wouldn't click knowing that Gigalith is a Rock type :X) but I think this is one of my favorite teams that I used in this world cup so far.

Importable | Replay 1 | Replay 2
Unfortunately on the first time I used this team versus Close i'd forgotten to change the Lele set to Scarf to beat stuff like Durant and Greninja easier, so unfortunately I was 3-0ed by Durant and was vexed to pick Heatran hoping for the Superpower miss. This was a really cool team though with the double Fire- core and Marowak-Alola taking out the new threat, Zeraora with Lighting Rod.

Importable | Replay
s/o Maki's Fox for the cool Victini set This team actually has a loooong history, going back to early 2017 when I started 1v1, I had an "alpha" version of this team with the same Pokemon, but just really wack sets - I was a noob. I decided in honor of this team I remade it for a world cup game, it was really fun with that Firium Z Victini set since it lured in stuff like Magnezone and other steels/grasses.

I couldn't find any outstanding teams in the Jyt series so that's it. This has been a fun WC so far and I hope I can update this for finals if they ever get posted >:(
s/o I'm actually Cash for some other teams
PS: use these on ladder/tours if you want i'm done with them for good probs.

edit: added extra teams

Importable | Replay

Importable | Replay

k that's it

Last edited:

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I only played 1 game so this is all I have

Import | Replay
I didn't make this so I have no idea what to say other than that I just thought it'd be good to bring. Same with the team below. And also I really like Metagross.

1566557572062.png

Import | Replay

Import | Replay
This is a pretty standard but imo cool FWG team. I really like Victini so I wanted to build around it. Also scarf bulu because slow bulu is boring to me and I don't like using it and I don't think there's a real reason for putting scarf tbh. But yea, thought this would be good as well to bring. Sadly I lost with it tho.

Import | Replay
Kinda just made this to counter the Serp Regi Chomp team. Dragonium Z Zeraora for Garchomp and shit. This team might have some wrong sets I have no idea because I deleted it and I doubt anyone would ever use this anyway so.

I didn't play more games so I don't have more to post than this but this WC has been pretty fun to play and participate in.

Teams I prepared for power: https://pokepast.es/b70dae12ec29f4a4
Teams I prepared for Kaif: https://pokepast.es/ca1815e7cc87888e
Teams I prepared for ima: https://pokepast.es/aec5f425bbc70b99

a couple of these ended up not getting used
I made all of them myself except the bronzong team, the jumpluff team and the cresselia team, which were built by Solar (<3)

https://pokepast.es/31af791155189ce5 I also made this SM team with the cool spdef Primarina, that beats Grassium Heatran, Porygon-Z, Greninja and Naganadel. Nobody ended up using it though

https://pokepast.es/8477080b255e9a53 bunch of other teams that didnt quite make the cut.

Hope this helps

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some DPP 1v1 sets and teams

Sets that have been used on my teams
:dp/Bronzong:
Choice Band Bronzong
Bronzong @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick / Payback
- Gyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

I made this set during 1v1pl when I was a bit tipsy. I was like Bronzong is slow so lets throw a Choice Band on it and Gyro Ball to kill everything. Of course, in actuality, it does not do that lol and its pretty funny I did not bring this in 1v1pl LOL. When looking back, I built way too many teams with Bronzong this 1v1wc with either using this set or the Calm Mind set. Thanks to Earthquake, it can beat Raikou, non-Counter Tyranitar and Metagross. Trick allows it to trap common Recover and set up users like Blissey, Suicune, and Dragonite to trap them to the first move that they pick. Zen Headbutt allows it to beat Gengar and Marchamp. Payback could be cool to get a surprise KO on physical fire-type attacks.
:dp/Zapdos:
Stall Pressure Zapdos
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 52 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Discharge

I saw this set in a replay, but did not know how much Speed I needed. I used max Speed as well, but it is not as good as these two since the second set helps beat special attackers like Kingdra, Infernape and non-Choice Specs Heatran. Pressure is the main draw to using Zapdos as well as being able to beat togekiss and most of the time Jirachi. Pressure allows Zapdos to 1v1 Hippowdon and Rhyperior, which is pretty neat.
:dp/steelix:
Choice Band Steelix
Steelix @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

I made this with TDA after getting haxed in my series vs Cabbages(which again, Togekiss is made to flinch, which is not hax, but a 10% freeze is indeed hax not my fault you did not have something that beats Togekiss). This can beat Dragonite, Jirachi, Weavile and Scizor. I did not know what to expect vs Spitfire, so I thought using unmons was the play, which unfortunately I picked the wrong Pokemon and lost.
:dp/Alakazam:
Choice Scarf Alakazam
Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Yeah, I was already upset after getting haxed and made this with TDA lol. This was ment to beat Gengar, non-Chople Tyranitar, Weavile, and Infernape. Trick helps with Suicune, Blissey and stuff I guess.
:dp/Poliwrath:
Substitute Encore Poliwrath
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Encore

I made this set during 1v1pl, I think Xayah actually used it and won if my memory recalls correctly. The main draw to using this Pokemon was its typing, Water Absorb and Encore. Substitute + Focus Punch breaks Tyranitar, Blissey and Snorlax after Encore them into Counter or Curse. Thanks to Water Absorb, this should be able to take care of offensive Suicune. Overall, a unmon with untapped potential in my eyes.
:dp/togekiss:
Max Defense Togekiss
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Ban Togekiss. I made this max HP Max Def in order to take most Rock-type attacks as well as physical attacks from Snorlax and Bronzong. The combo of Thunder Wave with a 50% para chance along with Air Slash 60% chance means most of the time, the opp Pokemon will not move. This thing as counters of course like Sub users, Electric-types even though they can be paralyzed and stuff.

:dp/Shaymin:
2 attacks Life Orb Shaymin
Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Earth Power

This little thing is so cute! It can Substitute on the turn that the opp Pokemon use a status move or Substitute itself. Thanks to Substitute, Shaymin can avoid Trick from Choice Band and Specs users like Rotom-M and Bronzong. Seed Flare has a good chance to get a Special Defense drop which can help with Blissey and Snorlax. Hidden Power Ice helps with Choice Band Dragonite while Earth Power beats non-Choice Scarf Heatran.
:dp/Hippowdon:
Choice Band Hippowdon
Hippowdon @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge / Giga Impact

I made this set as a meme at first, then realized how much coverage this Pokemon has. With Ice Fang, it can take care of Choice Band Dragonite, Earthquake STAB helps it break Jirachi and Raikou while Stone Edge helps with Togekiss.
:dp/Empoleon:
Custap Berry Empoleon
Empoleon @ Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Hydro Cannon
- Grass Knot
- Surf / Ice Beam

I was looking for a Pokemon to abuse Endure and Custap that was a water-type, and found him. Thanks to Endure, it allows Empoleon to get down to Torrent range and release a full power Hydro Cannon to break most Pokemon. I chose Grass Knot to help with Suicune and Slowbro. Ice Beam helps with Togekiss and Dragonite.
Never brought the team that has these Pokemon on there, but are some fun sets
:dp/Sceptile:
Petaya berry Sceptile
Sceptile @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Frenzy Plant
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

A fun set Ayedan made for me for finals. Got too nervous to actually use it, but it has potential as Substitute allows it to get down to Overgrow and OHKO Pokemon that does not resist Frenzy Plant.
:dp/Vaporeon:
Acid Armor Vaporeon
Vaporeon @ Leftovers / Mail
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Surf / Toxic
- Aqua Ring / Toxic
- Rest

Made this to counter Suicune / special walls as rest cancels out Toxic and Aqua Ring + Leftovers keeps Vaporeon healthy overall. Acid Armor helps it with physical attackers like Rhyp and Jirachi.
:dp/Ursaring:
Chople Berry Ursaring
Ursaring @ Chople Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 150 Atk / 102 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Counter
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact
- Seed Bomb

Another set ayedan made me for finals and did not use it. It has counter for physical attacks, Swords Dance + Giga Impact for walls like Blissey and Seed Bomb for Rock- and Water-types.
:dp/entei:
Choice Band Entei
Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head / Body Slam
- Return / Double-Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

This thing is a raw wallbreaker. Takes on most Grass-types like Celebi and Shaymin while it can take on Zapdos and Choice Scarf Togekiss. Pretty cool Pokemon, its only drawback is its meh movepool.
:dp/heatran:
Choice Specs Heatran
Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast

Pazza made me this set for finals and I DID NOT BRING IT. Heatran's Eruption takes care of Zapdos and Raikou, which I was having a bit of trouble building around.

Teams
:dp/Infernape::dp/Hippowdon::dp/Zapdos:
Hippowdon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Giga Impact / Stone Edge

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb / Petaya Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Blast Burn
- Close Combat / HIdden Power Ice
- Nasty Plot

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

:dp/Alakazam::dp/Poliwrath::dp/Steelix:
Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Encore
- Substitute

Steelix @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

:dp/Bronzong::dp/Zapdos::dp/Dragonite:
Bronzong @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Discharge

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

:dp/Bronzong::dp/Dragonite::dp/Shaymin:
Bronzong @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Trick
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch / Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare

:dp/Bronzong::dp/Machamp::dp/Zapdos:
Bronzong @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute
- Discharge

Cool unused teams
:dp/Moltres::dp/Celebi::dp/Suicune:
Moltres @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Roost

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 220 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 104 SpA / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Mirror Coat
- Rest

:dp/Tentacruel::dp/Dragonite::dp/Rotom-Heat:
Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 90 HP / 242 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

:dp/Zapdos::dp/Steelix::dp/Heatran:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Steelix @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Aqua Tail / Ice Fang
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)