Windows 7 Problem?

Okay, so I've been trying to get it working for the past two hours just about, and I can't seem to get it to load. I have done everything that was listed in the help thread, and I've had some friends try to help me too, but it won't load. So I want to know, does Shoddy work on Windows 7 or not? If it does, how do you install it properly?

I got it to download about 30 minutes ago, though when I try to connect to the smogon servers, it says:

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:
Permission denied: connect

Then when i tried to update my Java to fix it, the Java wouldn't updatedue to internet connections, so as of now I cant connect to smogon servers and sign up

Mine lets me get on shoddy, but I just can't battle. Says that the connection gets reset.

P.S. I don't have Window 7, but it seems related to your problems...

In answer to your question, yes, Shoddy works on Windows 7. I have personally used it on my Windows 7 laptop with no trouble.

Okay, thank you for telling me that it does work on 7. Now, can you please post step by step instructions on how to install it on 7? >< That would be much appreciated to anyone that can.

Yes, my Java is up to date... >< I'm gonna try something really fast, but while I'm doing that, can you please post a link to where you downloaded it?

EDIT: Okay, I just went and deleted it from my computer, then re-downloaded it, and tried to run it, and I keep getting the same problem, where it won't load the application ><

Can someone tell me how to clear my java cache please? I think that may be the problem, but I can't remember how to do it ><

EDIT2: Okay, I just cleared it (Friend told me how to), and it still didn't work TT_TT.

yeah I have always had the same problem, seems related to windows 7. I could never connect, always something about Sprite Loader failing to load. I even tired manually downloading sprites and it never worked. eventually I just gave up and went to PO

everyone else I have seen with the same problem ran windows 7. It worked fine on my old XP laptop, so IDK. I get the sprite loader message when downloading shoddy. I just updated to the latest Java to see if I could possibly get Shoddy to work now. I did not get the sprite loader message, but whenever I try to connect to any server, I receive this message: "An error occured while reading a message from the server: null". I try dissconnecting and recconecting and nothing happens. It was this frustration that just caused me to say screw it and go to PO lol. whenever I have to shoddy for a tournament or something I just have to use my home PC

It's not windows 7, I have switched back and forth from Windows to Linux, for almost 2 years. Thats maybe 5+ tries of Shoddy on windows 7 Ultimate, and Home Premium. It's not windows 7, but maybe your java. Try Java 6 Update 20, it works here on Linux and on Windows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)