Wi-Fi's Staff Q&A

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Approved by Nol
Art by Ciran & Swiffix
Compiled by Nicolic & Swiffix

Wi-Fi STAFF Q&A

Ever wondered whether PS! Wi-Fi was run by bots, nerds, or people who are in desperate need of a shower? Curious to find out just how corrupt our staff team is? Are you trying to learn more about some of us in order to plan for the perfect way of shattering our hopes and dreams? Well, we’ve got the answers to all of your questions, here in this first iteration of the Wi-Fi Staff Q&A!

The concept is simple: over the last couple of weeks, our users submitted questions for the staff team via a Google form, and after compiling everyone’s answers, we now bring you all of the Wi-Fi tea!

Argynt, BilloPS (Billo), Bobbyzchoo, Castle Builder, Ciran, HiMyNamesL (Clefable), Laguna, Loethalion, Mex, Nicolic, Nol, pink dreads (oseanworld), poofVGC (Pooof), Malasada (SexyMalasada), shahafs, TheBlah, skies, Swiffix, and WigglyTree

In the above order, here’s our participants’ avatars for this round:

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Cosmog_-_Billo.png
Billo
"Water."

Cubchoo_-_Bobbyzchoo.png
Bobbyzchoo
”Because I started with gen3, I am biased towards Torchic.”

Shinx_-_Castle_Builder.png
Castle Builder
"Grass! Bulbasaur is baby."

Mega-Gardevoir_-_Loethalion.png
Loethalion
"It's really split for me between fire and water types, but if I had to pick one I'd have to say fire type starters."

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
"Fire! I'm really not too sure why that's my choice, but they've grown on me throughout the generations!"

Drifloon_-_Pooof.png
Pooof
”Grass Gang all the way"

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
"Funnily enough despite my favorite Pokémon being a Fire Type starter (Typhlosion), I actually tend to go for the Grass types the most, since there are very few Grass starter mons I don't like across all gens, whereas I'm much more divided regarding the other 2 types."

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
”I always go with Grass types since most of them were really cool designs and also for nostalgic reasons since Bulbasaur was my first starter.”

Chespin_-_skies.png
skies
"My favorite type of starters are Grass-type! I've picked Grass-type nearly every generation, or Water-type if I don't like the Grass-type starter (see: Alolan starters). My favorite is, as you may have picked up on, is Chespin, which is also my favorite Pokemon!"
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
“I want to answer this question three times, as there are technically three answers to this question. To preface, my very first exposure to a Pokemon game was a demo of Pokemon Colosseum XD, where I first discovered the existence of Umbreon, Espeon, and Beautifly! I wasn't aware of their names though, as I was in kindergarten, if I recall right. However, I have not played XD beyond this, to be honest. I've been meaning to try it someday though if I'm able to find a copy!

The very first Pokemon franchise game I played was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team! I will be honest though, my original playthrough ended when I reached Groudon. For some reason, the deep lava cavern intimidated kid me and I wasn't able to bring myself to go further. I had no idea what Groudon was or what it looked like, but seeing the special explorer team that was assembled to face it return wiped out a few in-game days later didn't really inspire much confidence when my team was a tiny turtle and a baby dragon; they had a Blastoise! I was shell-shocked, to say the least. Prior to playing any Pokemon game, I had a vague impression of how many Pokemon there actually were. I knew of the original 151 and Togepi, because I had purchased a Pokedex book from a catalog in my school's library. However, Mystery dungeon revealed that there were many more than I had previously thought, and I finally found out what those three mons from the demo were called!

After many attempts to reach Groudon to no avail, I decided to ask my parents if I could trade in Mystery Dungeon for a copy of a main series Pokemon game. Although I enjoyed playing mystery dungeon very much, I wanted to play the games that I had always seen advertised in the commercials included in the VHS, particularly one with a bus driver: Pokemon Red and Blue! Unbeknownst to me at the time, the Pokemon anime VHS tapes I had been watching were all much older than I was. When inquiring about a new game, my father dissuaded me from purchasing a copy of Red and instead requested the newest game they had available.

Pokemon Emerald. It wasn't Red or Blue, and I didn't recognize any of the characters as being from the anime episodes I had watched. I still remember the very first time when the dew fell into the puddle under the Gamefreak logo, when the Flygon flew by, and finally when that mysterious green dragon floated into the title screen. I didn't know anyone or anything about the games anymore, and I loved every moment of it. With a little Torchic by my side, I began the first of many adventures in this wonderful series!

And I ran away from a shiny Tentacool because they popped up everywhere and I thought it was a new feature in Emerald: Emerald Tentacool. It's the "Jewel of the Sea" and an emerald is a jewel so that's how it works, each game has different colors lol. I did not know what a shiny was, not even when Rayquaza appeared black after trying to catch it over and over while severely under-leveled. Steven was my favorite character, and I remember being startled by the levels of his Pokemon when we finally battled. All great memories that I cherish and laugh back on now, because that first game was truly an adventure!”

Cubchoo_-_Bobbyzchoo.png
Bobbyzchoo
”Dad bought me a bootleg pokemon ruby CD and didn't know how to exit the first area (the one where you got to turn left after beating your rival) for a few months. Trained my starter up till level 40 and only realized where to go”

Azurill_-_Laguna.png
Laguna
”Pokémon Blue on the Gameboy (at release). Yes I am oooold”

Loethalion
”My first game was emerald, after that it was soul silver and then pearl to which I skipped gen 5 and landed into Omega Ruby”

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
”Pokémon Diamond - It's an incredibly nostalgic game for me!”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol
”My first Pokemon game was Pokemon White. The cartridge originally belonged to my brother, who was really excited about it and wanted to show me. We ended up sharing the cartridge and passing it back and forth to play with each other until I received my own copy for my birthday.”

Alakazam_-_oseanworld.png
oseanworld
”Heartgold, still have my og cart :D”

Darkrai_-_Blah.png
Sir Lora
”I'm pretty sure my first pokemon game was pokemon yellow that my step-dad installed on our family PC. My best memories of playing pokemon was during generation 3, when me and my cousin played it together. He had Sapphire and i had Ruby and we always competed with everything, like who had the highest level pokemon or who found a shiny first and so on.”

Piplup_-_Swiffix.png
Swiffix
"Platinum, when I was 8!"
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
”I have been playing Pokemon since 2005, right before the release of Diamond and Pearl! I became a Pokemon fan much earlier though, on the day when an older friend of mine asked me if I was sure I wanted Pichu and not a final evolution of a starter as my first Pokemon card.”

Castle Builder
”Literally as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories are of playing the games and making my parents read the dialog/names to me because I couldn't read yet.”

Loethalion
”Roughly 17 years? Maybe a year or two less, it's been a long time.”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”I first started in 2005, when I got a gameboy color and Pokémon Red for my birthday.”

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
”I started more than ten years ago!”

oseanworld
”11 years (that is so crazy to type good god.)”

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
”I've been playing Pokémon for nigh on 22 years now, starting when I first received my lime green GameBoyColor and Pokémon Blue cartridge as a bday present!”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
“Pretty much since the beginning with Pokemon Red, so must be a good 20+ years now!”

Chespin_-_skies.png
skies
”I've been playing Pokemon for about 12 years now. I used to spend hours playing Emerald with my friend growing up; we didn't know anything about competitive Pokemon or anything but would still battle as if we did. We played together up until Gen 5, and even went to a VGC tournament! We were both out first though lol, we were young!”

Sudowoodo_-_WigglyTree.png
WigglyTree
”Since 2009! I Got Pokémon Diamond and a DS as a Christmas present, it was my very first videogame and I've never stopped playing with these little creatures since.”
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
“My favorite dish is spaghetti, especially when it comes with some good toasted garlic bread!
My favorite dessert is flan, chocolate flan cake is a favorite of mine!
My favorite cheese is feta cheese!”

Clefable_-_Luke.png
Clefable
”Fav dish - probably lasagne, or steak
Fav dessert - sticky toffee pudding every single time
Fav cheese - all? Can't beat some moz, or brie though"

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
”Soup!
Nice bowl of fresh strawberries, bananas, and whip cream if that counts!
All of them! Although, I especially enjoy Babybel cheese!”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol
”Sushi, lemon meringue pie, pepper jack.”

WigglyTree
”Oh, a food related one, can't skip it! My favorite dish is 100% pizza or lasagna, I love them equally; pizza has a better taste, but I just can't stop eating lasagna, the only limit is the plate. About desserts I don't really eat too many… I guess cheesecakes or panna cotta. All cheese is good (yes, even blue cheese, you little cheese sinner) but my favorite is pecorino cheese, it's amazing both on its own and on pasta.”
Castle Builder
”Fortunately my schedule is very stable and that makes it easy! Some of the staff are insane though, working AND juggling school while maintaining Wi-Fi. Absolute units.”

Clefable_-_Luke.png
Clefable
”I juggle my job and PS things by not doing PS things lmao, currently on a LOA to focus on other bits of life but in general I'm only online when I have the free time.”

Azurill_-_Laguna.png
Laguna
”I work full time and use a lot my left free time for the room and the events. Sometimes it is hard to balance, but I have a lot of friends here, so it is pretty much the same as hanging around with friends irl.”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
“Mostly come on in the evenings, but since my work is pretty easy going I can also allow myself to sometimes be on during the day when the chat isn't so busy in my timezone.”

Piplup_-_Swiffix.png
Swiffix
"I stumbled upon PS halfway through Covid, during the final year of my law degree. Back then it was pretty easy to manage PS, school, and outings. Since then, I've moved countries, started a full-time job as a paralegal, and am currently working on passing my bar exam while finishing my LLM... so yeah, a lot going on LOL.

I still find time to give to PS and my various rooms (tho admittedly, some more than others qq) because it's truly a pleasure for me to work with all of the lovely people in my different staff teams and to interact with all of the great users on the sim. I'm definitely not as chatty as I used to be, but I'm still here and always open for a conversation n.n"
Azurill_-_Laguna.png
Laguna
”We use RNG Abuse for most of them. Gen8 breeds are luckbased but in most cases we used a bot for the process. For more detailed answer, visit /rfaq discord”

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
”Almost everything in the WP shop is obtained through RNG (especially the shinies!)”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
”A lot of hard work and dedication!”

Darkrai_-_Blah.png
Sir Lora
”This will probably be answered multiple times in this Q&A event, but i obtain mine by RNG in generation 6 and 7. If you'd like to know more about RNG, join the Wifi Labs Discord server in the "/rfaq discord" command.”
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
“I originally went by the name P0KEM0N TRAINER when I first found Showdown, although, I didn't speak much back then. Argynt comes from a book I read when I was younger, which heavily used Old English words and creative ways to describe colour. My favorite story, Gawain and the Green Knight, once had the word "argent" used to describe the colour of the Green Knight's axe. I liked the word and the symbolism of the axe in the story, so I decided to use it moving forward!”

Cubchoo_-_Bobbyzchoo.png
Bobbyzchoo
“So my uncle had a dog named Bobby and I basically use this for all my online/gaming usernames.”

Castle Builder
”I was formerly known as butterholes, and most people assumed that it was some scandalous word when in reality its a funny auto correct of the words butt hole. A friend of mine accidentally called me a butterhole once and it stuck
Castle Builder on the other hand I adopted because I wanted something a little more approachable and appropriate when I moved up into the role of staff. It comes from the song by LA Dispute, The Castle Builders, which is a song about taking care of your loved ones and staying true to what's important. Big ole' tear jerker that's close to my heart.”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”Mex is just the abbrieveated form of Mega Eevee X. Mega Eevee X was a name i came up with in 2013, as Eevee was one of my favorite Pokémon back then, and megas had just released alongside Pokémon X and Y. The other, way simpler, reason was just that the color was one i really liked"

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
”I wanted "Nicole", my name, but I also wanted it to have a memorable catch too!"

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
”When trying to come up with a cool sounding but Pokémon related PS! name, Gen 7 had just started and the regional heal item was the Big Malasada. Funnily enough, Malasadas (the original Hawaiian pastry) are a development of a pastry originally from my country (Portugal), that was brought there by immigrants, so I thought It'd be a cool name to pick. All that remained was a cool prefix, and by then I just thought "why not sexy?" since it made it sound cool (imo) while being obviously ridiculous at the same time haha.”

Chespin_-_skies.png
skies
”Sky Ferreira! One of my favorite artists. I didn't like 'sky' alone though, so I made it 'skies' because it's a.) a bit more vague, and b.) the sky is pretty itself, too! She's also (allegedly) releasing her first album in 9 years this month so be on the lookout!”

WigglyTree
”Some years ago, an Italian youtuber/streamer I used to follow did a playthrough of Pokémon Silver and when he got to Sudowoodo he started joking about the NPCs around there not recognizing it as a Pokémon. This joke continued with my friends and soon enough Sudowoodo became my signature mon pretty much everywhere. Funny story about a Pokémon I used to barely consider becoming one of my favorites.”
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
”I found the website during a class in high school, to be honest! I had finished my assignment for the class period and was looking up how to connect to the internet by using a school network, as I would bring my 3DS with me for Streetpass. What I found instead was that this site was one of the few game sites not blocked by my school's network! It was amazing to see, although, I was much more hesitant to talk in the chat back then. I'm glad I found it though, because I greatly appreciate meeting all of the amazing people here!”

Rapidash_-_ciran.png
ciran
"My dog died and I needed to find something to escape into to take up my free time. This is no longer a happy Q&A."

Clefable_-_Luke.png
Clefable
”I found PS because I wanted a Shiny Greninja, and probably from Blame Truth videos”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”I first heard of the site in 2012, on a forum site based around Nuzlocke Challenges. The forum did an event where they gathered 24 people to do a nuzlocke, and after every gym battle, competitors would battle on PS, with the winner getting some advantage and the loser getting some penalty. I don't remember exactly how these went, and the old forums seem to have been replaced since then, but I dismissed it mostly because i assumed there would be some sort of download required, and I didn't have my own computer at the time. Fast forward to 2013 and i have my own computer, i remembered the site and finally decided to check it out.”

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
"I originally found Pokémon Showdown for teambuilding, but stayed due to the great community! I'm incredibly blessed to have stumbled upon something that's so amazingly life changing!”

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
”Back when Gen 7 came out that's when I started collecting Pokémon seriously and discovered PS! (specifically Wifi) by googling popular websites/forums for trading! I didn't even know there was a Pokémon Battle Simulator online before that lol”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
”Probably through google or other Pokemon sites, it was right after the release of Pokemon X&Y and I was looking for a place where I can trade Pokemon with people and pretty much stuck around in Wi-Fi on and off since then.”

Darkrai_-_Blah.png
Sir Lora
”2 people from PS were bringing their drama to another community i was in and i decided to come check out what all the fuss was about.”
Loethalion
”I'd turn into a cat, you get to sleep all day and get fish/fish flavored food, you don't have to do anything and can laze about and relax, cats are also always cute and funny”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol
”A housecat because my ideal life is sleeping twenty hours a day and only waking up to eat food and annoy people.”

oseanworld
”Either a lemur or a hippo, because they are both equally fantastic creatures."

Darkrai_-_Blah.png
Sir Lora
”Probably a house cat. They just chill, sleep and eat.”

WigglyTree
”Eagle Owl! Any owl really, I like this one more just because it's beeg and majestic. I'm a night owl myself, i just need to grow wings. The think I like the most about them is probably how they can fly without producing any sound. Also, if you have never seen a video about an owl walking with their legs not covered by feathers I highly suggest doing so, you're welcome >:)”
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
“I really enjoy writing stories and coming up with new character ideas! I've always had a passion for writing and reading ever since I was a kid, and I've had a dream to create my own story for the longest time now. I started off by writing short comics, eventually transitioned to a novel style, and then started writing in scenes to focus on dialogue.

Although I love to write, creating a good story that I'm proud of certainly hasn't been easy. Sadly, one of my earliest ideas had to be shelved due to something incredibly similar becoming a highly praised animated show in western media; almost everything had to be canned for being way too on the nose. I was afraid of creating something that would be seen as a knock-off of the more popular show. Despite the reset, I've kept on writing and brainstorming until I developed something new that harkens back to the stories that inspired me in the first place. What started as something small grew more ambitious and evolved into a larger tale, something that I was very afraid to write at first. Perhaps someday y'all will be able to enjoy it! I really hope so!

I also enjoy writing some smaller stories from time to time and do a little bit of poetry as well, but the latter is mostly because I like to pen in puns and rhymes!”

Cosmog_-_Billo.png
Billo
”Touching grass.”

Castle Builder
”My fiancé and I love rockhounding and hiking with our dog. Animal rescue is also a big passion of mine. I love fostering animals that need a little extra love.”

Rapidash_-_ciran.png
ciran
“I like to garden, but my yard has too much shade to grow what I want in my vegetable beds so I’ve been trying to find new/different things to plant. I got artichoke plants, which I’m hoping work out. I also like to bake, I mastered pie years ago.”

Azurill_-_Laguna.png
Laguna
"I love cooking!”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”This depends on my mood, honestly. I play a fair few other games, Splatoon being one of the more notable ones. Outside of that, I go for a lot of walks, as you might expect with me playing Pogo, and often i will just walk around listening to music without even looking at my phone.”

oseanworld
”I play League of Legends, watch and play basketball (wolves in 6), and trying to get into music production.”

Drifloon_-_Pooof.png
Pooof
”Outside gaming, I quite enjoy anything music related: playing instruments, making music, etc.”

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
"Flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator and developing sceneries and stuff for it. I'm a pilot by profession!"

Chespin_-_skies.png
skies
”Music! I collect records (have about ~55 right now) and often spend my free time going to record stores, listening to music on repeat, or finding new music! Most of my day is spent listening to music. I hate silence.”

Piplup_-_Swiffix.png
Swiffix
“Drawing, reading, going for a run, cooking, playing music... I just wish I had more time for them"
Cubchoo_-_Bobbyzchoo.png
Bobbyzchoo
“I can speak English, Chinese and Malay.”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol
”While I don't speak it fluently yet, I have been learning Russian as a second language.”

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
”Yes! I speak English, Portuguese, Spanish and French! I can also somewhat understand Italian (though can't speak it)”

Piplup_-_Swiffix.png
Swiffix
"I can fluently speak and write in four languages (English, French, Arabic, and Armenian) and can beginner-level understand a couple more"
Cubchoo_-_Bobbyzchoo.png
Bobbyzchoo
“I have a miniature schnauzer whose name is Cody!”

Castle Builder
”I have a dog, 7 cats and two parakeets. I also have two foster kittens.”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”I have a cat. She's very cute”

Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Nicolic
”I have a yorkshire terrier, and I also keep tropical aquariums (fishes / shrimp / etc.)!”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol

oseanworld
”I have a chihuahua yorkie mix, her name is daisy. She is simply the sweetest, and I love her a lot.”

Drifloon_-_Pooof.png
Pooof
”Currently nothing, but i've owned an assortment of different pets in the past, including fish, geckos, crayfish, turtles, and crabs.”

Typhlosion_-_SM.png
SexyMalasada
”I have a total of 6 cats, shared between 2 homes with 4 in one and 2 in the other! I also have a dog (Labrador) at the first one.”

Piplup_-_Swiffix.png
Swiffix
“It's unlikely that people who know me still don't know of Malibu and Alaska, but just in case:”

Loethalion
”I don't dislike many mons but I suppose I'd say Orbeetle, I find it rather off-putting as someone who heavily dislikes bugs and the general design is very space alien/martian which I suppose is the point given its g-max form which only makes it creepier”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”Either Greedent or Seadra, Greedent's design makes me feel kinda uncomfortable, and Seadra was one of the most disappointing Pokémon for me when I was first learning Pokémon GO PVP”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol
”Stantler. It's just an idiot deer.”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
”I think it's Stakatakka since it's one of the mons that doesn't really look like a Pokemon at all. In general I didn't really like the concept and designs of the Ultra Beasts.”

Chespin_-_skies.png
skies
”Barbaracle. I don't actually dislike its design or anything actually. In fact, I think it's a very interesting design and I like to use it competitively. The reason I say it's my least favorite is because the Kalos PokeDex is my favorite, and I genuinely love every design, but Barbaracle has to be my least favorite from the region. Kalos is my favorite region, so Barbaracle being the odd one out in terms of what is my favorite makes it my least favorite.”
Rapidash_-_ciran.png
ciran
”It has higher Sp.Atk and most of its attacks that aren’t Water-type are physical.“

Loethalion
”No I don't think I will :>”

Drifloon_-_Pooof.png
Pooof
”It reminds me of Swiffix.”
Azurill_-_Laguna.png
Laguna
”Swiffix would use Piplup for sure. So I chose Fisher as his trainer class with 6 Piplups and one shiny at level 100. Since there is a 6 Pokemon Fisher in a lot of games with 6 Magikarps, Swiffix would be his alternative version.”

Loethalion
”Viscount trainer class. Team; Piplup, Milotic, Aegislash, Thundurus, Weavile, Conkeldurr”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”Swimmer class, with a Piplup, a Milotic and an Empoleon”

oseanworld
”Youngster, without a doubt.”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
”Probably one of those sailors with the evil smirk, sending little penguins my way.”

WigglyTree
”I love this kind of questions, the fact it's about Swiffi only makes it better >:). He's one of our ROs and he has a very cool CA, everything screams Elite Four to me, but for the sake of the question I'm saying he's like Flint and he didn't understand he was supposed to use only one type of Pokémon. The first thing people usually associate with Swiffix is of course the fact he's awesome and all of us love him! Jk, it's his not so pleasant smell, I feel like Skuntank and Muk are a must. I'd like to put Weezing as well but that's too many Poison types, so he's gonna get Torkoal instead. He's also very caring and reliable, so I can see Indeedee work well with his personality. Another thing about him is he really loves his beard, Mega Alakazam would be a great partner and an appropriate ace for an Elite Four. Finally, how can we exclude his signature Pokémon, his loved one, his little mascot, the cute water starter he dreams about every night: Froakie!”
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Argynt
”My favorite pizza topping is actually spinach! Funny story, a teacher of mine thought I was pulling a prank on her when she asked what pizza I like when ordering for a graduation party. I still enjoyed the regular pepperoni, but spinach with something like feta cheese is really good in my opinion!”

Cosmog_-_Billo.png
Billo
”Take away the tomato garbage, replace it with garlic butter, boom, you've got cheesy garlic bread, can't go wrong.”

Loethalion
”It's always about pineapple on pizza or pepperoni when pizza is brought up, but the only right answer is SHRIMP.”

Litwick_-_Nol.png
Nol
”Sausage, although I'm also partial to mushrooms.”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
”Mushrooms by far. Other than that I also like Feta cheese, roasted peppers and eggplants.”

Darkrai_-_Blah.png
Sir Lora
”For some weird reason i've taken a liking to BBQ sauce recently. There is this pizza hat has bacon, BBQ sauce and a fried egg on it that tastes just amazing.”

WigglyTree
”Another food related one, and specifically about pizza! First things first: if you like pineapple on your pizza we're not friends. That said I don't really have a favorite pizza topping; I really like to change it every time. The one I eat a bit more than the others is probably Carbonara Pizza (mozzarella, tomato, bacon slices, parmesan cheese and an egg). If I come to know some of you put a plate of Carbonara Pasta on top of a pizza just know I will find you and I will… calmly explain you what you've done is terribly wrong (is this alright Swiff? I've been family friendly).”
Cosmog_-_Billo.png
Billo
”100% Nol.”

Azurill_-_Laguna.png
Laguna
”He love Moonballs too much, so Loethalion or Clef to send him back to his family!”

Mantine_-_Mex.png
Mex
”They say Clefable comes from the moon, so I'd send Clefable up there to meet them”

oseanworld
”Nol because she's OUT OF THIS WORLD.”

Drifloon_-_Pooof.png
Pooof
”Swiffix but secretly, so when humans finally go to the moon they'll wonder why it stinks up there.”

Wingull_-_shahafs.png
shahafs
“Clefable because that's what they came from originally.”

Darkrai_-_Blah.png
Sir Lora
”We are all already on the moon.”

WigglyTree
”Absolutely nobody! Every single one of them is great and I would never want any of them to leave the planet, no escape! The moon is not the most comfortable place that comes to my mind, so If I really have to pick one I'd probably send the staff member with the greatest chance of survival, probably Billo will be fine since he's a cute little cloud of cosmic dust, but I'll be sure to bring him back as soon as possible!”

INDIVIDUAL QUESTIONS
Pichu_-_Argynt.png
Besides Pokémon, what's your favorite game to play?
”I am a big fan of the Legend of Zelda series! When I'm not playing Pokemon, I tend to cycle through adventure games to complete and the Zelda titles are usually at the top of the list. I was introduced to the series when I rented "Spirit Tracks" and kept riding on the rails from there! My favorite games to replay are "A Link Between Worlds" and "Ocarina of Time", as it's the first Zelda game that I successfully completed without dying once on hero mode! I've made it my goal to try and beat every title without dying and on the hardest difficulty if possible, and I'm looking forward to the next challenge in the sequel to "Breath of the Wild!"”

If any, which type of genre(s) in literature do you enjoy?
”I really enjoy reading all kinds of literature, I love how people can weave entertaining and thought-provoking stories in many creative ways and settings! When it comes to the types I most enjoy though, it would have to be science fiction, fantasy, mystery, horror, folklore, and ancient legends. I'm a big fan of old stories like the Arthurian Legends and Beowulf, and reading up on cultural folklore is always very interesting! I spent weeks borrowing books from the library about the world's different kinds of monsters and horrors when I was younger, and not because I was looking for a fright, but because I was genuinely interested to learn how different cultures told their stories! Most fictional tales carry similar ideas about the times they were written in, and I really like how authors use their words to describe their feelings and thoughts on the times they live in through the characters and settings they create!”

Cutest fully evolved mon?
”The cutest fully-evolved Pokemon, in my opinion, is Butterfree! As a kid, my exposure to Pokemon before the games was through these VHS tapes of the original Indigo League series that I would rent from a local video rental store. My favorite episode of the group was Bye-Bye Butterfree! I've always given my Butterfree a Focus Sash because of that episode, because I really liked its new scarf! Sadly, the 3D games have removed the white reflection in its compound eyes, so it looks more menacing these days. However, its Gigantamax forme has the white reflections return! Here's hoping the regular model gets a much deserved update in Scarlet in Violet if the Caterpie line returns!

When counting Pokemon that have no evolutions, then my pick would be Spiky-Eared Pichu! I'm still holding out hope that it'll return someday, maybe even in GO!

Not counting special Pokemon, my choice would be Victini. It quickly became a powerhouse on my team after I caught it in my copy of Black, and it went on to be my party leader through one of my favorite Pokemon games!“
Cosmog_-_Billo.png
Are you a nerd?
“Depends who you ask, 95% of the staff would say yes, but they couldn't be more wrong. I don't read books.”

What is fascinating about Poke-tech?
“This one is a loaded question, there is so much to choose from! My short & sweet answer is that, I love understanding exactly how things work, I love data, and I love gaming, Pokemon games are a perfect blend of all three.”

Are you a robot and how many of the staff are robots?
“Beep boop... 7... shutting down, services now offline.”
Cubchoo_-_Bobbyzchoo.png
Why are you so good at events?
“Tbh, I don't exactly know what events this question is referring to since we have so many. But I generally have a decent knowledge of all the randbats mons. And if we're talking about obtaining mons for OGAs and such, I used to be an avid trader in the room till I managed to get quite a bit of older gen stuff to be able to get things myself! Shoutout to all the amazing people I've traded with in the room throughout the years and also to those who taught me how to RNG!!”

What's your most favorite memory from this year?
“Ngl it would probably be me winning the PS lunar new year event! It was a gruesome and tiring 2 weeks of attending events in across 10+ rooms and all at different times. It majorly affected my sleep schedule because some events were late at night due to timezone differences. It was pretty competitive with several other players who gave me a good run for my money. However it was much fun and I was able to appreciate the culture of other countries. Also shoutout to Leavannite for making my CA, its pretty dope!”
How many Castles have you built?
"An amount lost to time in my childhood sandbox, and at least 2 as an adult."

Are you a collector? If so, what do you enjoy collecting?
"I LOVE to collect, and it's almost a dangerous hobby for me, haha. My two favorite franchises are Monster Hunter and the obvious Pokemon. From Pokemon, I collect cards I like to look at, the games (I'm currently destroying my bank account collecting CIB older games.) and some of the figurines. Monster Hunter has a series of little builder figures that are loads of fun to collect, and I'm working on a CIB collection of those games as well. Aside from that, though, I collect things from enamel pins(I try to get one every where I go), watches, and hats. I love dad hats hahaha.“
Rapidash_-_ciran.png
Why are you so cursed?
“Life is short, if you don’t stop and take the time to be true to yourself you’ll never get the chance later. Also it’s fun.”

Where did your custom avatar in Pokémon Showdown originate from?
“Kalalokki made it. As I recall he had started doing sprite alterations recently and very graciously asked me if I wanted a CA, since I qualified by being global staff. If you're looking for the reason why it is what it is... someone asked me if I was a robot before in the chat and I quoted a video of two AI's talking by replying, "I am not a robot, I am a unicorn." No one got that reference, but I have been known as a unicorn sense. Rapidash is a better unicorn than Keldo, so I opted for Rapidash and spiced it up with rainbow fire and dark body.”

So far, what's your most favorite drawing that you've done?
“Maybe the Huntail/Gorebyss from the 2022 Lunar New Year OGA, I rather like how the sketch of that came out and the final product after coloring looks good too. I also like how the Wyrdeer I drew in the style of the Princess of Ukok's tattoo came out. I sort of rushed the final product on that one, so the quality could have been better, but that's fine sometimes.”

Piplip or Piplipede?
“Piplip. I like keeping it simple sometimes. Not every night is a Piplipede night, gotta save it for special occasions. ”

What are some of your favorite mons/things to draw?
“I mostly just draw Pokémon now. Sudowoodo was a surprisingly really fun mon to draw, the body is simple so I can knock out a lot of poses and expressions really quickly and have fun with it. I would also like to go back and work on my Pokémon illuminated manuscript series I started, had a lot of fun doing those. I also like drawing fish and fish Pokémon. I took a class on marine scientific illustration (best art class I've ever taken) and had a lot of fun painting a giant isopod and jellyfish. I have plans to do a scientific illustration of some Pokémon as well, but that'll be a surprise for if and when I ever find the time to work on it. I might do that in watercolor though. Oh yeah, and cursed Piplups.”
Clefable_-_Luke.png
Do you have a favourite snack of choice?
“Favourite snack is probably biscuits, the British kind not the silly American biscuits. Or maybe grapes if Im feeling healthy, but chocolate hobnobs are a go to.”

What is the coolest looking bottle that you own?
“Coolest bottle is a tough one. I've got some absinthe which looks like Skooma from Skyrim. Then I've got the Mad Moxxi whiskey from Borderlands coming. Ooh, and I've got like 4 or 5 different limited edition bottles of Kraken rum which are nice. Another ooh! I've got a bottle of wine from 1995 which is cool!”
Azurill_-_Laguna.png
What is the reasoning behind your name? Is it related to the FFVIII character?
“It is indeed related to the FF VIII character of Laguna Loire. At the beginning of my internet presence ”Laguna” was often taken, so I added the ”the” on it (theLaguna). I picked the name because when I was younger I looked a lot like the character from the FF game and it is one of my favorites of my childhood”

Do you have a favorite tab in the WP Shop? If so, which one?
“I love breeding, especially with eggmoves, balltism and localism (the hatchlocation) for me it is the most creative way of obtaining a Pokémon. And who does not love perfect 6IV breeds. So 100WP is my favorite!”

If you could only eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“Super hard question, but I think I would choose Pizza, because you have endless combinations on toppings and it tastes even good when cold.”
When you will surrender you recently purchased BW2 japanese carts?
“Never :>”

Do you have a favorite Pokémon that you've obtained so far?
“I have a rarest pokemon by odds/time spent and a most treasured one personally. For rarest would be my gen 7 wild rng full odds Shiny Timid Zorua with 31/0/30/31/29/31 IV's (Note: No IV's are guaranteed) so this took literal months of searching and rnging for. As for my most treasured it's actually a work in progress right now, a ribbon master project Gardevoir starting all the way from gen 4!”
Mantine_-_Mex.png
Have you ever actually designed a set for mega eevee x?
“In the past, probably, but I don't remember what it was if i have. If I were to design one now, I'd probably make it a Fighting type with high physical attack, good defense and special defense, low special attack and Adaptability for its ability”

Which PoGo team are you in, and what are your favorite mons to use in PoGo? (regardless if they are good or not)
“I'm on team Instinct, some of my favorite mons to use would include Seviper, Falinks, and both Sandshrew forms in the Great League, and Dialga, Shadow Machamp, and Mewtwo in the Master League”
Minccino_-_Nicolic.png
Besides PS, how do you enjoy spending your free time?
“Aquariums! I've been a part of that particular hobby for quite some time, originally starting w/a marine aquarium when I was younger. I eventually expanded my knowledge to tropical, which I keep live planted / purely naturalistic in order to replicate the beauty of nature! I also enjoy sharing my knowledge w/fellow hobbyists, or those who are simply interested in learning!”
Litwick_-_Nol.png
What's your favorite thing about the staff here?
“I love how so many people from different backgrounds and experiences can come together for a common purpose and work together to make our room the best it can be. In my time as RO, Wi-Fi has been blessed with some of the most fantastic individuals I've had the privilege of working with, and it never ceases to amaze me how such a diverse group of people can create such a wonderful little corner of the Internet.”

What's your favorite eeveelution?
“A tossup between Flareon and Espeon. They're both super cute in their individual ways, with Flareon being such a good fluffy boy and Espeon literally being a cat with psychic powers.”

Who would win in a corruption contest between you, Swiffix, and Billo?
“Me, no question. How do you think I've gotten to all of the leadership positions I have today?”
Is Seaworld a rival to you?
“Hell nah, went there when I was like 3, was tight.”

What was your inspiration to name change on Pokémon Showdown?
“Not as much inspiration, more so growth as a person. I could go on for hours about this but to keep it short, pink dreads was not in a great place and not doing anything about it, oseanworld is doing better and putting forth more effort. (Hope that makes sense :])”

Is it true you taught Swiffix everything he knows?
“[10:13:53] Swiffix was promoted to Room Voice by pink dreads.
Yes I literally birthed this kid and he tries to say otherwise it is so crazy.
Real talk though, very soon after this promotion I retired, and much of what he did was all on his own, I don't tell him enough but he's done an incredible job, and I'm sure he's not close to done.”
Drifloon_-_Pooof.png
What's your most go-to television show / movie?
“My go-to television show to recommend to people will always be Avatar: The Last Airbender. Fun Fact: I memorized every answer relating to ATLA in QuizUp back in that game's prime and was consistently a top5-10 player. My favourite television show growing up was 6teen.”

Where did your hangman skills come from?
“The competitiveness in me wanted to be better than the hangman gods before my time (Shoutout to Bisping and neycwang). Also, I just love trivia games in general.”

Thoughts on Chicken Incubators?
“They're pretty good at making sure the chicks hatch well. You should always look for one that rotates so you can have 360° view. The incubators should rotate around 1/millionth the speed of you hatching an egg in USUM. You should try to find an incubator that lets you candle the eggs easily to see if they're fertile. Overall I'd rate chicken incubators 8.9/10. Cleaner and don't cluck at me every two minutes.”

Have you disappeared yet?
Typhlosion_-_SM.png
What's your proudest RNG so far?
“Tough call since I've RNGd so much neat stuff by now :P . But I think I'm gonna go with my JPN Event Nuketta Wobbuffet from Gen 6: Was done on Console with assisted tools and it is a PERFECT mon, which is hard to obtain in these gens with 0IVs guaranteed Event mons, that I obtained from a lucky roll for a frame just 1hr away! You can see it here: https://imgur.com/a/OjeQjPc :)”

What's your most favorite place that you've traveled to?
“This is a tough one too since I've visited quite a few places and loves pretty much all of them, but it's definitely somewhere in the USA. I wanna say either NYC or Miami! (Really can't decide!!)”
Wingull_-_shahafs.png
What's your favorite Pokémon typing?
“Well it depends really; competitively for monotype battles I like to use Poison types the most, but overall my favorite type is Electric since I like a lot of the design there.”

What's one thing you’re willing to share that people don't know about you?
“I am from Israel, and have lived here my whole life. I am a programmer in the bio-technology field and work with clinical trials data. I have been into Pokemon for probably over 20 years; I played the Gen 1 and 2 games, but I really got into it during Ruby and Sapphire, I must have played those games a dozen times back in the day. I am a travel addict and have visited already over 40 countries, the majority of which in Europe, but not only. So yeah that's a few things already but hope that was enough :)”
Darkrai_-_Blah.png
What prompted a name change to Sir Lora?
“I've been going through names (TheBlaah/TheBlaaah/TheeBlah and now Sir Lora) since the account "TheBlah" is taken while trying to bribe Nol to give it to me. I was on my 3rd playthrough of Divinity: Original Sin 2 which is one of my favourite games and Sir Lora is a character i really like in it. I recommend googling the name, you wont regret it ;)”

Do you regret the name change?
“I have actually taken quite a liking to the name and will probably keep it until i can get the "TheBlah" account (Nol pls)”

What's your favorite activity to pass time?
“Usually i'm either playing games, reading manga/real books or watching anime/real TV shows. Some of my favourite shows are The Expanse, Breaking Bad and anything MCU. Next up i'm going to check out a new show called Outer Range next which is basically Thanos (Josh Brolin) finding a massive bottomless hole in his farm that appeared out of nowhere.”

What TheBlaah did wrong?
“How do you know about that...? *cough* I mean, i have no idea what this refers to.”
Chespin_-_skies.png
What's your most favorite music genre?
“Pop! I'll listen to anything pop-adjacent. My preferences are usually maximalist pop like SOPHIE, Korean pop, and bubblegum pop (think early Britney Spears). Besides pop music, I also adore rap; Nicki Minaj and Rico Nasty are my two favorites in that lane. I'll listen to pretty much anything though, and I quite like psychedelic space rock, like Spiritualized.”

Have you ever been skiing?
”Nope! I've actually only ever seen snow twice in my life. It doesn't snow where I am from and I've only seen it because I've visited my friends in places where it does snow. I'd love to try it sometime though! That and snowboarding. But again, no snow to ski nor board on around me.”
Piplup_-_Swiffix.png
Which of the cursed piplups that ciran has drawn is your favorite?
“Hrmm one comes to mind but she has never posted it anywhere outside of our PMs, which is good because I'd sue her for crimes against humanity. I will say that I did enjoy some of her Piplup × Water starters fusions, particularly the one with Oshawott. I also enjoyed this and was crying from laughter in the VC when she drew it.“

Whats your second favorite typing and mon of said typing instead of water and Piplup?
“Probably Ghost and Mismagius.“

What inspired you to start drawing? And how long have you been drawing for? Your art is really good!
“Thank you! I've actually been drawing my whole life, and took classes with different instructors from age 5 to 15. Kept drawing and patining in traditional media afterwards, and I only just got into digital art when I purchased my tablet last month. It's a very new feel, with a lot of better things and some slightly lacking things compared to traditional media. One of the biggest advantages to me is how consistently I can practice art now, since it's faster, easier to store, and cheaper (after the initial purchase of the tablet). You may not judge me for me 13 daily average hours of screen time. Oh and I also like that I can now draw more cartoony stuff, and develop a style which is radically different from my traditional one!”

What's actually the reason behind people calling you stinky lmao
“Story time. I started calling duel out for only showering once a year and called him stinky. Wi-Fi people can hardly read, so they somehow understood "Swiffix: Duel is stinky" as meaning "Swiffix is stinky" The lesson here is karma.“

Did you enjoy muting PressPlayBrenden when he got G-Voice and does it keep you up at night?
“Tremendously enjoyed it. My one regret is to not have banned.”
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you wiggle?
“At least 2.5, might be more.”

What's your favorite shiny Pokémon?
“This is a very good question. I already know the answer, but I'll still look at a list of all the shiny mons real quick.
[20 minutes later]
There are a lot of shinies I absolutely love, some notable ones are Umbreon, Emboar, Aegislash and Tyrantrum. That said my favorite is definitely Ho-Oh, its colors are absolutely stunning, I specifically like the grey details since they look like ash, which is super fitting for a phoenix. Lastly Ho-Oh was my very first shiny Pokémon in HeartGold, sadly it's lost forever because of me being a stupid kid and resetting my save but it still holds a special place in my heart. I would probably consider it my second signature Pokémon after Sudowoodo.”

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
“This is a tricky one since I'm not much of a traveler and I really love my country (Italy). The weeb part of me wants to scream Japan but I can't see myself in there for more than a couple weeks. If I had to pick a place I'd probably choose a big city somewhere in the US or in another European country, I don't really have any preference about it.”

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)