Social Why did you join Smogon?

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I was young and innocent and naive a few years ago and wanted to get super good at pokemon in order to impress a girl.

Sad to report that I failed to get the girl, AND I failed to get super good at pokemon, but happy to report that I've become the very thing I sought to impress.

Society works in mysterious ways I blame the weather wars for this.
out of curiosity have any young and innocent and naive pokemon players tried to impress you yet?

out of curiosity have any young and innocent and naive pokemon players tried to impress you yet?
A friend tried to impress me by bringin a Hawlucha meant to "Outspeed all forms of Charizard, taunt Skarmory and make the U-Turn users suffer" to the college tournament they had for Gen 7.

Hawlucha @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Limber
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Atk / 64 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Defog

That Hawlucha did nothing in the end except for eating a 5% hp Xurkitree and chipping Cresselia with U-Turn. Bring Roost to your Hawluchas, kids.

I remember in 2008 or so I really liked reading about competitive pokemon and all the strategies behind it, but never really got that into playing it that seriously. So I probably joined the forum because the idea of interacting with people on the internet was pretty novel to me at the time. I doubt I ever posted anything interesting or meaningful here. I still check here every once in a while mainly out of nostalgia for internet forums in general I guess.

I joined because I was interested in playing competitive Pokémon and I didn’t have the patience to play on cart. When I tried playing a little Gen 7 and Gen 8 OU I ended up being daunted by the overwhelming amount of options. I ended up doing okay at best and took a break for a few years.

I got back into it recently after spending hours watching videos on Gen 1 and Gen 3. The smaller pool of Pokémon seemed less daunting and I already knew most of Gen 1’s glitches by heart anyway. Since older gens are more niche I decided to return to the site so I can find people to battle with.

I joined because I was using Pokémon Showdown, and it is associated with Smogon, so I created an account. I only really used this website to get Pokémon from the WiFi forum in the past, but recently I have started to be on here more often.

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
I first played showdown in the Chinese community and learned about smogon. I came here to participate in some competitions.
I'm very happy to find friends here, although there are still people who hate me. Anyway, I enjoy the pleasure of victory and share. This almost occupies a large part of my extra time.

I love forums, I love competitive Pokemon, 1+1=2

Would like to join a tournament to try and get a custom avatar someday:)
I also love forum, I am member of other games forum too.

Pokemon Showdown
And I also play pokémon Showdown, and was because of one day playing I decided to enter, because I want to complain about pokémon showdown rules. I enter here with main propose to ask to ban the clauses of Baton Pass, Sleep, On Hit KO and Double Team. I just to want to battle in Showdown as it was a cable link battle, the same rules made by game freak. Not Smogon rules.

So, I'm actually a really big Pokémon fan historically and have competitively battled as early as say, 2003.

Though why I'm on Smogon's FORUM? Basketball. Dassit. Well, besides looking at some teams posted back in the 2000s.

Then I just got into constant debates with CaptKirby. So CaptKirby is why I was like, okay, I gotta register and debate this ass.

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Like a lotta people I started as a PS player, and I eventually found the PU room. Then someone wanted me to vote for them on a PU 'Break This Team' thread so I made this account. I don't think I actually ended up voting for them. And then I got more and more invested in PU so I did more posts and stuff.

Looked at some of my earliest posts before replying here, according to me Payapa X-Scissor Seviper was a great Grumpig lure.

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
NGL it was mostly because somebody had linked this random VOTW project for UnderUsed in the Discord, and I decided to make an account to reply to the thread. Afterwards I took a break from Smogon after being around for like a year or so and came back. I mostly stayed around UnderUsed and National Dex forums since I played those two before taking a break, and the rest is history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)