Social Why did you join Smogon?

I joined because I wanted to learn more about Pokemon and I found some of the other metas like 1v1 and 2v2 doubles a lot of fun.

Reactions: pqs
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of smogon, but I joined because of accessibility, as I have an iPhone but I’m not the one to try to buy 20 consoles or whatever just to keep up

I joined smogon to become a cool kid. I thought certain internet tryhards were cool. I also loved pokemon and used smogon as a guide, somewhat, for the deeper mechanics like ivs and the best movesets. A lot of my time is spent on showdown in our very on anime and manga room (shout outs to ma bois). Joining here was great. I don't regret that decision.

Single best Pokemon resource out there, and it's not close. I was also on another board back in the day when Mekkah got his start. Great guy.

Are "I'm new here btw" threads allowed in this subforum? Are they discouraged? Every board's culture is different.

I want to contribute to CAP so I can learn how to make my own Fakemon more balanced, and also maybe practice my drawing skills by drawing a few entries in the future.

I had never played in a competitive way, and I don't have (and never had either) 3DS, so I used to use emulators. Some day, my friend showed me some teams and I wanted to create teams like that, you know, with lots of moves that are difficult to get in a game. So I started to look for some strategies and I found this, this world full of people that, like me, love building teams, just for fun, or to defeat everybody . Obviously I learnt a lot before start doing my first teams, but I love this forum, and showdown

I'm really into competitive play and found the tactics here very useful, but sometimes I found gaps and things I thought worth improving on. I may be far from an outstanding player, but creativity in teambuilding is where I shine, so I hope I'll be able to help here, that's why I joined. ^^

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was on irc with the og crew (chaos, arti, brane, Justin, mre, etc) back in the early 2000s and we all joined when smogon first was created. I guess i just did it to participate.

I joined Smogon to post in viability threads + learn more about playing the game. I was into competitive Pokemon after Black and White 2 were released and used Smogon as a resource to make teams on Pokemon showdown. I lurked the forums a bit and came across viability threads, which usually ranked my favorite Pokemon low, so I thought I'd chime in. Though I don't really post on this forum as much, the time I had on Smogon back in 2013-2014 was a blast and something I'll never forget.

natalie

property of alex
Through NetBattle around 12 years ago. The community was amazing and I'm still IRL friends with people I met on Smogon back then. I've been out of the loop for a while (mainly just playing Pokemon Go) but it's nice to come back here every so often and see the old names :)

I needed a way to make cancer contagious - that is, I wanted to spread bat pass, thus I wanted to make an rmt for my team.
Which I needed a smogon account for.

I mostly joined because showdown was a really fun way to kill time at first and I have always loved Pokemon.

Eventually it became a game of statistics and data analysis and that's fun in its own way too.

Also the meme teams or cheese teams. I love winning with a meme team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)