Who should get SelfDestruct?

• Snorlax

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • Wailord

Votes: 29 23.0%

• Total voters
Theoritically, couldn't you just play the game up to the point where you get self-destruct, save, then rent 3 games and continue from the save point and teach the moves 3 times but not resave? Sorry, never played XD, so if i'm totally off on this, i apologize.

this guys right. just copy the file onto multiple memory cards just before you use self destruct (realise this uses lots of space ¬_¬ ) and do all 3

edit: wow, seems that they actually thought ahead for a change :P

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
this guys right. just copy the file onto multiple memory cards just before you use self destruct (realise this uses lots of space ¬_¬ ) and do all 3
Yeah… you can't do that. Both GameCube games (or should I say saves) have some kind of "fail safe" that prevents exactly that.

Wailord has no business doing anything so I don't see why it would need it. Snorlax gets STAB and can use it effectively.

Porygon-Z
OK, I was at school when posting this (those teachers sure breathe down your neck >_>) SO now I shall elaborate.

Porygon-Z would be the perfect pokemon to have Selfdestruct. It would have double STAB, 800 BP. Even with no attack EVs, it could still do massive damage.

I'll do a theoretical damage calculation.

Neutral 0 ATK Porygon-Z versus 252/252 Bold Blissey

154.62% - 181.93%

Neutral 0 ATK Porygon-Z versus 252/252 Regirock (toughest wall in the game)

37.09% - 43.68%

Nothing except ghosts could switch into this without a major dent.

Wow, does this prove my point? Porygon-Z with Self Destruct wouldn't even need Hyper Beam (of course, then you couldn't yell SHOOP DA WOOP in the mic all the time...) if it learned Self Destruct.

just for fun, someone should hack this and test it out =P

I have more than 3 memory cards so it doesn't really matter for me...

I gave my first one to mewtwo. Its in my sig =P.

skiddle,

lol.

Hyper Beam can ohko Bliss iirc.
and it doesn't mean sudden death.
but most likely something's gonna set up on you.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hyper Beam can't OHKO Blissey. Only NP STAB'd Hyper Beam can I think.

Anyway, aren't we supposed to be discussing about things exploding?

mewtwo can run a beast specs set, and wailord has water spout to be concerned with, and only snorlax has the bulk to survive to low health while being useful, and then explode. besides, it has the highest base attack of the 3 and gets STAB.

i have pokegen, i'll see what i can do sometime.
btw, shiftry with swords dance, razor leaf, sucker punch, and explosion on a sunny day team kills all

I would say Snorlax, just because he has good HP and defense, but he needs a little OOMF once he runs out of options. Mewtwo is a special attack powerhouse, so I don't see the need in teaching him, because his main attacks should be more powerful. (I'm pretty sure Self-Destruct is a Physical Attack move?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)