All Gens Which un-implemented old gen tiers are you interested in?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by @Jellicent.

Hi folks, with a lot of old gen mods coming extremely close to being finished, I have come to ask what old gen tiers do you want to see implemented besides the ones that are already in. This will all come down to interest, but it is also in an effort to make Jelli's Thursday tours more diverse in what tiers he can choose for them.

This is a list of metagames I thought of that have been tried and true and are fossilized at this point or have leadership for making them better as of now:
  • ADV UU
  • GSC UU
  • RBY UU
  • DPP NU
  • ADV NU*
  • GSC Ubers
  • RBY Ubers
  • ADV LC
  • GSC LC*
  • RBY LC*
(* = this tier may require leadership and restructuring based on what I have heard)
Here are some other metagames that would require leadership in order for them to develop correctly (i.e. what should be banned and what shouldn't not), or are just obscure in general and won't be played by any sort of mass any time soon.
  • DPP Doubles
  • ADV Doubles
  • ADV 200
  • ADV JAA
  • others I haven't thought of
If anyone has any other playable metas that I have missed, feel free to suggest them and I will add them accordingly. Please make sure that those metagames are indeed playable in game on their respective carts (no GSC / RBY doubles for example). As for now, please post what metagames on this list you are legitimately interested in. Interest is a big factor in what is added and what isn't.

I will leave the database of formats here for safe keeping:
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 4] NU",
section: "Past Generations",

mod: 'gen4',
ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard'],
banlist: ['Uber', 'OU', 'BL', 'UU', 'Entei', 'Espeon']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 3] UU",

mod: 'gen3',
banlist: ['Uber','OU','BL']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 3] NU",

banlist: ['Uber','OU','BL','UU']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 3] LC",

maxLevel: 5,
ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Little Cup'],
banlist: ['Berry Juice', 'Dragon Rage', 'Sonic Boom', 'DeepSeatooth', 'Meditite', 'Scyther']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 2] Ubers",

mod: 'gen2',
banlist: []
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 2] UU",

banlist: ['Uber', 'OU', 'BL']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 2] LC",

banlist: ['Oran Berry', 'Dragon Rage', 'Sonic Boom', 'Scyther', 'Clefairy']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 1] Ubers",

mod: 'gen1',
banlist: []
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 1] UU",

banlist: ['Uber', 'OU', 'BL']
},
Code:
{
name: "[Gen 1] LC",

banlist: ['Dragon Rage', 'Sonic Boom', 'Wrap', 'Clefairy']
},
Will do the other after I sleep xP

Anyways, just tell the community what tiers, if any, you would like to see implemented into PS for Jelli's tournaments nothing else.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
the smogon RBY UU tier is ass and has never been played seriously until the all tiers tour started just now. It's basically what the rest of the RBY community calls RBY BL (which is a playable meta in its own right) but arbitrarily and unnecessarily bans Haunter and Kadabra who are not even close to being broken (edit: also allows jolteon and articuno which is debatable). I recommend following the PO tiering system which has RBY OU/BL/UU/NU/LC in place.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
yeah although that system was built pre-wrap mostly and then adjusted with dnite and vic to OU..?

I think putting the formats on PS allowing them to be played and people working out if stuff is broken would make sense. I still think having OU/BL/UU/NU doesn't make as much sense as OU/UU/RU/NU if you want 'BL' to be a serious playable tier; if it's just stuff that's broken in UU and happens to be big enough that it's playable in its own right then it makes more sense to call it BL.. then again, I think banning stuff in RBY is arbitary, I mean I think chansey/tauros in OU are 'ban-worthy' in some sense like say articuno or jolteon might be from UU (btw not saying I don't think they should/shouldn't be banned - I'd rather keep tauros/chansey in OU).

Also I play RBY Middle Cup :> and maybe working on establishing a ruleset for RBY Balanced Hackmons (the one I tried to do was sleep moves are only available if you get them without hacking for them, i.e. jynx still gets LK but you can't have a spore electrode) and with sleep and freeze clause, and no species clause. When I came up with it there was a bit of interest and magic9mushroom and some others played it but may have varied the variant of it since we've no established ruleset. Btw the ruleset for Middle Cup is standard ruleset + all mons must be 2nd stage evolution + haunter/kadabra ban + partial trapping ban + amnesia ban. :>>>

RBY LC is fine but there's klinda 2 versions, one with partial trapping and one without. With partial trapping, you ban dratini, but ponyta becomes a lot more viable; both metas are pretty similar.

I have both coded on my server..

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
I'd want RSE Balanced Hackmons, with there being the option of using glitch Pokemon AND pokemon under the pomeg glitch (or is that stupid?)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
DPP NU. DPP in general is my favourite competitive generation because its when I started playing competitively but I was never that good in it, and I'm really interested in going back and re-learning it. I remember playing a bit of DPP NU back in the day but not that much.

Last edited:
DPP NU is amazing, despite the fact that Smogon tier is a bit unbalanced (weather inducers, charizard, medicham or gardevoir shouldn't be NU).
I also like ADV UU and NU a lot, because I think they are both so playable and there is a big variety of useful pokes

I'm interested in any gen 1 meta. Also gonna echo Isa and say that holy shit, smogon's "rby uu tier" is terrible, otherwise when I say gen 1 meta I mean PO's metas (which I believe were taken straight from 2K10 and then adjusted for Wrap)

Also interested in gen 2 but to a lesser degree

I'll vouch for ADV LC. The metagame has had a small, but dedicated playerbase for many months now, and has a discussion thread hosted in the Little Cup subforum (currently dead due to focus shift towards SPLC, LC UU, etc). However, there are still quite a few active players that enjoy playing this meta, and we'd be excited to see it implemented on the server for Jelli's tours!

As a side-note, I know that the ADV LC banlist is currently being tweaked a bit. I'll tag Aerow here, as he currently leads the metagame and would have some better input regarding this. Regardless, yes-- ADV LC indeed has players!

>tangela banned in gen 3 uu
uhm

seconding spark here. I'd like to also add that adv lc actually has a significantly different banlist because its players actually play lc :^) as we've found the current list to be inadequate. For instance, Chansey and Zigzagoon are regarded as being extremely broken. Omanyte wasn't really seen as too strong for the meta as it's actually checked pretty hard by fellow Water types.

I might be alone on this, but I think legacy metagames like RSE 200 (3.gen) and vanilla Diamond/Pearl would be cool to play again.

The later might be more trouble than it's worth, since it need some mechanics changes for it to be legit. Like changing the Hypnosis accuracy and some tinkering with how Pursuit works, IIRC.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
RE Above: A custom ruleset could be used for both, so it wouldn't be too bad. it would just take awhile is all.

So far, DPP NU has the most support in this thread. ADV LC could work if the group that still actively plays it speaks up at some point, whether it be on irc or here (I will check the LC sub-forum for anything regarding the meta and its player base).

I fixed the Tangela error boo836, although it was in LC, not UU, it was still good to get me looking at my work i did at like 3 AM lol.

In order to get more feedback, I may post this thread on Pokemon Perfect as well, so long as Lutra is okay with it, since a bunch of old gen players tend to hang out there.

Added Jellicent's Wrap ban for RBY LC.

Beginning work on custom rulesets for ADV 200 as well as vanilla Diamond Pearl for the database. Possibly B1W1 too if you guys so desire (that is a lot of tutor moves to sort through though).

Keep the feedback coming folks!

Last edited:
WreckDra, Entei and Espeon are BL2 in DPP, so they should be added to the banlist for NU.

Clefairy is banned from RBY LC due to being unavailable at Level 5 in RBY or GSC. Also, tradebacks are legal to make the metagame playable on-cart. There are some unique move legalities at Level 5 with tradebacks (no Quick Attack Pikachu, no Lovely Kiss + Amnesia Poliwag, etc.) that aren't present at Level 100. Let me know if you need those compiled at all.

Similarly, GSC LC has a few legality issues at Level 5 stemming from Event + Level Up moves that aren't present at Level 100 (no Low Kick + Agility Ponyta, no Hydro Pump + Agility Dratini, etc.) that I can compile as well if needed.

ADV LC also has some notable ones (ExtremeSpeed + Belly Drum Zigzagoon, Leech Seed + Sleep Powder Oddish, etc.) for Level 5 that are non-issues at Level 100 due to Events + Level Up moves. I can do those, too~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)