Social Where is your nick from?

When I was prompted to make alts for games when I was a kid, my friends told me to make an alt that could be easily identifiable. It made me think of names that people could recognise, and basically make me unique. That's when the idea of Trademark came to my mind, as that had a similar definition to what I was looking for. This was my alt on Pokémon Online for the longest time.

But, oddly enough, when I joined Showdown, Trademark was taken, but Trade was not. That literally made no sense to me because everyone in Wifi wanted my name. So yeah, my current account name is actually a nickname for my real alt, and has nothing to do with trading whatsoever.

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
So, basically, my username came from when I was like 11 years old, my parents gave me a "nickname" so everyone would call me like that and dont get annoyed in school by any other stupid or offensive nickname that other kids could invent. They decided to call me "Luirro" that comes from my first 2 names irl, at first I didnt like it but with the time I started to appreciate it more.
Then some time later, I joined on an online games page where I had to create an account (and obviusly an username), I was young, and since I didnt know how to create an account I asked to my mom for help, and when it came to the username part, my mom told me to use Luirro + smthg else to have a larger username, I didnt have any imagination to think on something else, so my mom decided to put "Men" at the end, that comes from my last name.

Then time later I discovered this website, and when I had to decide my username I remembered with nostalgia that first username that my mom helped me to create, so I used it here.:blobuwu:

So, my username comes from my first names and last name.

My username doesn't come from Ramen as some people think, I haven't even tasted Ramen in my life lol '-'

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
a lot of people ask so i figure i'd answer rq:
ausma is the name of an original character that i've used as a mascot and one i have a lot of personal connection to!!! it comes partially from the german word for "dimension" or "degree", ausmaß, given that she was designed as a dimension hopper initially, and is a subtle nod to the pokemon necrozma which influenced past incarnations of her design. i used her name on a few social medias and given how natural it sounds as a username i've just kind of stuck with it.
1628794639626.png

this is the character in question's latest design for the 2 people who care

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I could have sworn I posted here once, but it seems I didn't. I get asked this at least once a week and I even have a section on my About page regarding it :pikuh:

I'd say my tag is a source of pride to some degree. It was originally "Plague from Karma", basically two random words slapped together to make a phrase name kid me thought was cool. I played a shitload of MMOs back in the mid-2000s, and as you probably know, a kid that's like 8 years old on an MMO is guaranteed to be a shitter. I was...I got banned from quite a few and was pretty garbage at most of them. I never played anything mainstream, and I think the ones I played died when WoW rose to prominence. I eventually got into Ace Attorney starting with Dual Destinies and switched to Plague von Karma as a reference to Manfred von Karma, an antagonist from the first game. "von" means something along the lines of "from" or "from the" in German, a language I also speak a good bit of.

Between the original name and the name switch, I did change tags a few times. Chippy2000 is one of them, which was a reference to Starlow's pseudonym in Bowser's Inside Story. In the event the name was taken, I'd change to Chippy2001 or something. There's...a lot of cringe attached to those names, a luxury "Plague from Karma" doesn't have thanks to being reserved to old live chat rooms on mIRC and Skype. I've also gone by Trickster (not to be confused with the PS staff member of old), Fran, Shairo, and a few others, all of which were largely spur-of-the-moment.

To be honest, I've had many occasions where I consider leaving this old name behind. You may have seen me try to change my name to Fran a while back on that basis. It's mainly because of my history of being a pretty toxic presence back when I was a closeted maniac. However, I also believe that abandoning this name would never truly be possible; people would (and did) call me PvK regardless, I have numerous things credited to this name, and more. Even with all that considered, running from my past isn't the play...it made me who I am, after all. A lot of people helped me become who I am today, and I think abandoning the "name" they helped out back then would be a slap in the face. That is why while I sometimes look at it and go "man, I was an idiot", I also smile while doing so.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not actually a clone. My name comes from "Cloneblazer12" which came from Clone troopers, my torchic in emerald (which was my first starter), and my age when I first made this account on PSN

People called me Clone for short so here we are.

So in other words for half my life I've been using this moniker

Last edited:

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
My real name is Dylan but the name Saturn really caught my eye when I started playing Pokemon with DDP. Throughout the years, I have gone through many trainer names trying to figure myself out. I finally have gone back to the name Trainer Saturn. That is also the name you'll find me on Pokemon Showdown. :)

It's the first three letters of my last name. I inherited said nickname when I started high school band and one of the band directors asked me that one of his best friends had the exact same last name as mine and he used to call him Fig before he tragically left this world. Naturally I felt touched so I didn't mind. Then after he started calling me, the rest of the band and eventually school called me that. Funny enough this is a continuation for both my band director's best friend and my own father since he also went with a Fig-esque nickname even throughout his adult life when he was still around.

The Newton part is simply because I love math and physics so I unironically enjoy the studies of Sir Isaac Newton. Plus I enjoy fig newtons myself (insert cannibal memes here). I couldn't take Fig so I went with the second default I go with.

Zantropez is just a corrupted spelling of the song "San Tropez" from Pink Floyd's Meddle, I thought it make for a good screen nick. Basically it sounded good in my head

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
It comes from the impotent rage you hoi polloi feel when you see I am better than every single one of you in every positive way.
I'm honestly surprised that this nick wasn't taken a million years ago

Every once in a while someone comes in with a gem of a username

Mimikyu Stardust

Enjoyment
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
i got my nick because i was playing through pokemon moon laying down in my bed, after i got a Mimikyu in the mall (totem mimikyu place). Then when i was just walking around i found a Stardust, just so happen that the sky was turning night and i can see stars starting to appear from right outside my window, and my bed at the time was pretty dusty and some of the dust fell on my nose after i shrugged and accidentally hit the bedframe. after that i took it as fate and named myself everywhere from that day foward as "Mimikyu Stardust"

and also because i need a new name since my old one was very... very... V E R Y... cringey

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)