Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 88 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

For sure, this team can cripple Dragons in one way or another, but when Dragons has the advantage, usually through TW, this team lacks a defensive stance. In other words, it's a team that can be Draco Meteor'ed easily. As a result, I chose Sylveon to help out.

I chose the standard Calm Mind set because the already fast and reliably supportive team gives it the opportunity to set up. I also chose HP Ground over Sub because common threats like Heatran just loves to switch into Sylveon.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Something that I've noticed with the team is that, while it has most of its bases covered, it feels a bit too reliant on positioning for a Mega Gengar team. Though it has all-around good Pokemon that can take hits and punish, it lacks that one hard hitter that can instantly delete threats at a moment's notice; this is especially relevant as the team has an Eject Button Amoonguss, as it lacks that go-to hard hitter that can come in to wreak havoc on general cases.

Enter Terrakion; with its satanic Life Orb Close Combat and a Speed tier adequate for the job, Terrakion can be a serviceable point-and-click killer after a good trap or so. Its ability to instantly apply pressure and collect can prove to be quite handy with Mega Gengar, especially as it can unleash its CC or clean up chipped foes with Rock Slide without fearing an oncoming Intimidate. Its presence can be quite useful against Mega Charizard, Volcarona, Heatran, and Hydreigon; its being a non-locked physical attacker also helps against Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir, granting the team more flexibility when it comes to handling those Fairy-types. As a bonus, its access to Quick Guard can surprisingly come in handy against the likes of Talonflame and Thundurus as well as for acting as a buffer against Azumarill should that match-up ever go south.

The team lacks switch-ins to Dragon-type which blows still, but that can be overcome by offensive pressure I suppose; Latios, though a sketchy foe, isn't as common as it is and can be managed by Mega Gengar, while Hydreigon can be handled by Terrakion. While the last slot could be a defensive answer, I feel overall that it's not worth it as patching that hole up would be inefficient if done with solely the sixth mon; it'd be better to push to a more offensive direction, nifty for both the Dragon match-up as well as the Mega Gengar synergy.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Voting is closed, Test Bots wins and he has supplied the team for this week.
The actual 6th mon was Diancie. Check it out on the first page

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Zapdos @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 232 HP / 140 Def / 56 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Tapu Bulu @ Figy Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 76 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Def / 64 SpA / 100 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Substitute
This team was built with the intention of using Mega Tyranitar. The problem with Mega Tyranitar, however, is that it got many weakness. As a result, I added Genesect to deal with the majority of its threats. Still, there is only so much a standard Genesect can do to Water-types, so I added Tapu Bulu. Besides providing HP for allies affected from Sandstorm, Tapu Bulu also acts a nice resistance to Ground-type moves. Next, I added Zapdos as a backup against common Fire-types such as Mega Charizard-Y and Volcanion as well as another check to Water-types. Of course, TW is a great asset. The last Pokemon is Volcanion as a way to somewhat punish Amoonguss, but that doesn't mean it can simply switch into it.

But what's their last?

Submissions close Sunday March 24th at 11:00am EST

Last edited:

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Zygarde looks like a nice choice as a second sweeper due to his abilitie for helping M-Ttar pressuring steel mons and help against some fire mons like Heatran or Zard Y, which otherwise can pressure Ttar and Volcanion with Earth Power or take away the sand.
Another important fact is that the team does not have an electric inmunity, Zygarde avoids mons like Koko or Zeraora to gain momentum with Volt Switch and helps Bulu in defensive tasks or taking hits from M-Manectric without Hp Ice.
Zygarde is well supported by the rest of the team, Genesect, Volcanion and Hp Ice Zapdos punishes some of Zygarde´s main answers like Kyurem or other ice mons, Bulu, Lando or Fini against others, this helps Zygarde´s set-up and sweep and make it a real issue for the opponent.
Lastly, the teams lacks a Z-move, Zygarde is a great slot for it, turning T-Arrows into a powerful stab Z-Groundinium

Zygarde´s speed allows him to outspeed Zeraora and M-Manectric at +1. Substitute takes advantage of passive mons and finds opportunities for set-up.

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 164 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

With no Intimidate and a Fire type already on the team Landorus-Therian seems to be an obvious choice as the last member. I decided to go with Yache Berry over Iappapa Berry because the team already has 2 Ice weaknesses and I wanted to mitigate that as much as possible. I chose Protect as the last move to help Landorus' longevity so it can provide Intimidate support for as long as possible and also because the team already has two members that lack Protect. Knock Off was the only standard move that this set would miss but Nature's Madness from Tapu Bulu can be used to chip bulky Pokemon to the point where they will be KO'd without their berry activating, which was why I chose to leave it out in favour of the the other 4 moves.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
YoBuddy wins this week month with 100% of the votes. I lost Test Bots team so dont remeber the 6th mon, I think it was Kommo, will update when I can ask him for the 6th mon.

Here's YoBuddy's team for this week

Persian-Alola @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Screech

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Dragon Tail

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Milotic @ Waterium Z
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 64 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 168 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Bomb
The basis of this team was using Screech Alolan Persian to allow my physical attackers to pick up quick KOs. It's quite a fun set to use and stops Persian from being so passive. I added Milotic to deter Intimidate to give my physical attackers the best chance of dealing big hits. I used Waterium Milotic to be able to get the KO on Incineroar and to give it some offensive presence if it can't get a Competitive boost.
Zygarde and Metagross are the physical attackers of choice. Metagross has the speed tier and coverage to threaten a large portion of the metagame with Screech support from Persian as well as having Clear Body before it mega evolves, while Zygarde hits almost everything with Thousand Arrows. Landorus-T was my 5th choice to provide Intimidate, Stealth Rock and U-Turn to get my physical attackers in as often as possible. Sludge Bomb is the last move because Milotic, Persian and Zygarde struggle to damage Tapu Bulu. The team was designed to be played against slow and bulky teams and can struggle against more offensive archetypes, such as rain.

But what's their last?

Submissions close Sunday May 19th at 11:00am EST

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Gonna post something really out there, but it fills out the team somewhat well so why not:

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 232 HP / 120 Atk / 8 Def / 20 SpD / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Nature's Madness
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

The team struggles to hit bulky Water-types right now and has only Zygarde and Stealth Rock for Mega Charizard Y answers, so Tapu Koko fits the bill for a last mon pretty well. With Alolan Persian running Screech, Wild Charge becomes a potentially very strong attack -- with the given spread, it underspeeds Alolan Persian by 1 and OHKOes most -2 Def Zapdos; even after Intimidate (or with a switched Terrain), it also OHKOes uninvested Mega Charizard Y. Koko needs some bulk to reliably answer the things that the team is quite weak to, and fast Nature's Madness is great support for a strong spread attacker like CB Zygarde, so I made this an AV set. U-turn fits better than Volt Switch as the pivoting move to retain the ability to switch against Ground-types or side-pivot out of Gothitelle beside Zygarde or Landorus-T. Jolly uninvested HP Fire as the last move covers almost nothing except for Kartana, but Kartana could get quite annoying for the current team, so it still seemed worthwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)