Project What's Their Last?

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to Corporal Levi and Drifloon winning this week's nomination!

Week 5

Axew @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 68 HP / 220 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Superpower

Drilbur @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Sweep

The team revolves around a dangerous and unprepared for sweeper in Axew. With a decent Speed and high powered attacks, it is an effective Dragon Dance sweeper that can eliminate teams with proper support. Trubbish takes on Fairy-types that Axew fears due to the inability to OHKO most before a boost or Knock Off, as well as set up Spikes to make Axew pick up KOs with more ease. Drilbur provides Stealth Rock and Spin support and the teams' Volt Switch absorber. Scarf Mienfoo serves as an alternate win condition who also benefits from Spikes support, and Pawniard provides Knock Off to allow Mienfoo and Axew easier sweeping opportunities. Low Sweep is an interesting last option on Pawniard that, when combined with one Spike and a loss of Eviolite, allows Pawniard to 2HKO Mienfoo on the switch when combined with Iron Head.

But... What's Their Last?

Last edited:
Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

pump provides a spinblocker, water and ground resist, a reliable abra check and can cripple things with burn so Axew can setup easier.

TruSwagblu

Banned deucer.
only posting this because I feel bad about there only being one so far :c

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

got that nice flying type coverage + burns
i guess it can spinblock if you really feel like it, plus if you're skillful you can win drilbur speedties + evade rockslide!

idk drif is cute and I'm sure it's not the last both weeks in a row, but whatever

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- U-turn
- Overheat

This team absolutely requires priority or an Omanyte counter. Until hazards are up, if Omanyte comes in on Trubbish it can set up on Drain Punch and a vast majority of the time survive both that and Pawniard's Sucker Punch in order to sweep literally every member of this team. Fletchling helps remedy that slightly by allowing you to take out Omanyte after sacrificing Pawniard to Sucker Punch it.

Beyond that, Fletchling also helps lure Steel-types like Magnemite with Overheat, making Axew's job easier as it doesn't need to cut a sweep short due to Superpower. It can also provide a slower u-turn in order to get Axew in more safely than Mienfoo can. In addition, if Diglett traps and kills Trubbish like it does a lot, Fletchling provides a way to combat fighting types.

As for the team itself, Dual Chop>Dragon Claw is probably a better choice on Axew, since that at least lets it get past Abra as well as having generally better damage output.

How the hell am I just noticing this, I must be super-distracted.

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore

Normally I'd run Fast Cottonee, but I feel like the bulkier version works with this team.. Cottonee can beat Omanyte with a bit of prediction, as well as generally beating set-up sweepers like tirt. It also gives a ground resist, which this team doesn't have (ScarfBur or offensive LO Bur has no switch-ins on this team...)

It also checks Corphish (again, axew is like your only real switch-in). Overall Cottonee is just a cool mon that helps cover a lot of the typed weaknesses of this team.

As usual, I have probably forgotten to say something here. Oh well, that's what edits are for!

Last edited:
Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 156 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Glare

This team is very weak to the ground type so its need a grass or flying type.
I chose snivy because it is a great sweeper and it can help with glare/knock off vs ponyta, who is hard to defeat without spikes and rocks.
Snivy also can check scarf chinchou so trubbish/axew dont need to get burn.

232+ SpA Chinchou Ice Beam vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Snivy: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

236 Atk Mold Breaker Drilbur Poison Jab vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Snivy: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rocks

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Energy Ball

Abra acts as a great revenge killer to this team, neatly tieing up the teams core with an offensive psychic type able to revenge kill anything ScarFoo can't.
A healthy Abra can get put a dent in Foongus, (huge annoyance to this team) OHKO Omanyte with Energy Ball, and offers another answer to Drifloon (which gets a free switch in if Mienfoo is locked into a fighting move).

Not only does it threaten these checks but it ties up the team by being the only special oriented pokemon on the team, as well as providing a way to absorb Toxic and Will-o Wisp , partnering with Drilbur's ability to block Thunder Wave. Abra is a very easy pokemon to use, in that it does not require support to do it's roll, but it surely appreciates the hazard support. (Suddenly that dent in Foongus is now an OHKO).

It greatly benefits from the team's typing's and offense moves, opposing Pawniard will struggle to find an opening on Abra due to the teams ridiculous coverage against it. (No really, this team has 5 Fighting type moves, 6 if you include this Abra set, as well as Drilbur's EQ.) Drilbur's Rapid Spin will keep the Sticky Web away, which Abra hates. But if that doesn't work as planned, Pawniard will gain +2 on the switch as a consolation prize. I mentioned Drilbur being able to block Thunder Wave, Abra also is thankful for this. But lastly, Abra's biggest counter is Munchlax, worst case scenario being Munchlax getting a switch on Abra and pursuit trapping it. Allowing a free switch into Mienfoo to threaten a revenge kill. Best case scenario, it uses Curse to try to setup on the switch to your Mienfoo and you just kill it with HJK, regardless of +1.

At the very least Abra will not be deadweight to this team, with the star player being Axew, Abra offers support in the form of just being on the team. The threat and presence of Abra having almost 2 guranteed turns of doing damage is something that can help Axel sweep.

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Oh lol i actually have a team similar to this.

Reserving cottonee. will do after school or something

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)