Project What's Their Last?

Is it TWave or is it recycle mag?

Also reserving Tentacool. Gunk is a pretty big issue to this team and PJab fighting types are likely a pain to deal with as well.

Last edited:
Drilbur @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

rocks + a volt switch absorber + spinner, also helps w poison types (mainly croagunk, wich gives a lot of problems to the team)

Damn, I always get here a bit too late, was gonna go for Tenta as well :(

Anyway:

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog

The first thing that jumps out at me is a huge weakness to ground. Only two weaknesses, but also no resistances (Though that Porygon set basically resists every physical attack that's not fighting). It's also somewhat weak to fire and fighting (which this doesn't solve at all but whatever.) Also, zero hazard support.

Vullaby can get rid of rocks and spikes, as well as providing a second U-turner, a threat to most fighting types, and even more bulk. Since CM Spritzee doesn't require sturdy's to be broken hazards aren't really necessary.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Drilbur.

The team definitely needs a spinner, but staryu just accentuates the volt turn weakness imo. Drilbur fits a lot better in the team.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
congrats to ggggd for guessing and winning the nomination with Drilbur!

Week 4

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 68 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball
- Knock Off

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

This week's team revolves around Toxic Spikes Skrelp, whose powerful attacks and solid bulk allow it to set up hazards throughout the match. Swords Dance Pawniard and Life Orb Abra both serve as powerful wallbreakers and win-conditions, using the residual damage from T-Spikes to net KOs faster. Drilbur provides Spin support and Stealth Rock for the team as well as an Electric immunity, while Fastfoo provides a solid Pawniard check as well as an all-around pivot.

but... what's their last?

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Shadow Sneak
- Bullet Seed

This team needs a ground resist and pumpkaboo works well. Also it is a spinblock that helps us with the longevity of spikes and rocks. I use sdef instead of def because abra is hard to check with that team.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 76 HP / 236 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Flying

Snivy provides this team with a solid ground resist, as well as powerful wallbreaking that is aided by damage from Skrelp's Toxic Spikes. With Glare, it is able to slow opposing Pokemon down for SD Pawn and Skrelp to hurt the other team, and HP Flying provides the team with coverage against Croagunk and Larvesta, both of which the team does not enjoy switching into. Though this set can afford to run 17 speed with HP Flying, 76 HP EVs are run to make sure Snivy has no chance of being KOd by an Abra Psychic from full, allowing it to act as a soft check.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off

This is an actual Ferroseed set, since at the moment Scarf Chinchou and Shell Smash Omanyte are problematic. It also helps with Abra, who can be troubling to the team. Spikes helps LObra get more KOs and Knock Off because apparently this team has a fetish for Knock Off. It even provides a rather unreliable Fletchling check to help Pawniard!

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Grass-types stack too many weaknesses to birds, but the team definitely does need something to deter Scarf Drilbur from 6-0ing. Also, opposing Abra are irritating to face, so I think this would fit in well on Tspikes offense:

mr balloon (Drifloon) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 116 HP / 84 Def / 196 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
- Recycle

With the EV spread, Drifloon still survives 18 Atk Drilbur's Rock Slide after Stealth Rock and has the Special bulk to use Chinchou not locked into Thunderbolt as set-up bait, while outspeeding 17 Speed Choice Scarf users after Unburden. Hex synergizes well with Toxic Spikes support and Thunderbolt is used over Will-O-Wisp to KO Fletchling / pick off weakened Vullaby. Max SpA is so that Drifloon can sweep as soon as possible since it doesn't have Will-O-Wisp (+2 usually OHKOes slowfoo after Stealth Rock). I chose this over Vullaby because it punishes Chinchou more easily.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's two in the morning and I'm not going to be on at all tomorrow so fuck it I can't be bothered with this round anyway.

Ferroseed @ Assault Vest/rocky helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 93 HP / 123 Def / 244 SpA / 79 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Giga Drain
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

This set dismantles most of the problems of this team; namely, Chingling, Bergmite, and Whismur. It can easily set up after a U-turn from Mienfoo, especially since the most common switch-in is Floette, which this monster sets up on. Importantly, it weakens the main checks to LO Abra (Band is better but it's your decision I guess), dismantling most of the dominant ice-types in the tier.

It's EV'd to tie with Scarf Azurill at +2 while still tanking an hp fire from Fletchling (Which is why this set can use AV) With the current dominance of stall in the LC metagame, this set can really put in work against the common Turtwig/Wailmer core (This is why Thunderbolt is used over Hyper Beam, which is the more common set.) This is also a counter to- in my opinion- the single best set in any metagame ever, Normal gem Fake Out Last Resort Aipom, which is helpful. That's why Rocky Helmet can be used, btw.

Thankfully, this team deals with Tepig well, since it's one of the few actual counters to RP Ferro. I'd suggest to watch out for the surprise Flame Charge Blitzle, who can outspeed it at +1 even after Ferro gets up a RP.

#Ban RP Ferroseed
this isn't funny

"RULES:
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad/unviable are not welcome."

if you can't contribute properly then don't contribute at all.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
dammit late again reserve gastly

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 Atk / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball / hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sucker Punch

On a very offensive team, gastly does a lot of work. With tspikes everywhere, gastly can sweep really easily and works with Abra pretty well. Spin blocker too.

Last edited:
Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave

Allows the team to take more hits in general, can spread thunder wave that really helps skrelp and other teammates, also limits diglett to one trap which otherwise gives the team big problems. Really just serves a glue to the team.

Last edited:

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Alice Kazumi said:
This team needs a ground resist and pumpkaboo works well. Also it is a spinblock that helps us with the longevity of spikes and rocks. I use sdef instead of def because abra is hard to check with any team.
ur welcome :)), but for real i agree with alice this team needs a ground resist + abra check and also with corp captain levi that a grass will compound weaknesses to birds. with three sr resists abra and a skrelp hit neutrally spin support seems a little unneeded unless u got something in the air. hexfloon is alright but u have a wincon in the broken mon, so to support the squad a bit im tossing in:

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

nice and fat to softcheck fletch and drill while grabbing momentum with u-turn and increasing by 133% the number of knocks on the team. uturning into abra or skrelp is golden, as is having another fight check that can switch in. i think this is right bc it's really dedicated to hazards control (the import is) and doesnt need to be based on the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)