Social What's something that made you happy recently?

my great uncle passed the other day and i was confused a bit as to how the bereavement at my job worked so i called my boss today (2 days into calling out for that) and he said to me "It's three days then you need to call the intermediary that "Approves" these things, but tbh I was just gunna take you off so you didn't need to stress that nonsense. Cus i know what you're dealing with rn." told him the proceedings are Sunday/Monday so I can be back Tuesday and he goes "See you then, don't worry about it. Just use ya last Bereavement day tomorrow too so you get paid."
I legit didn't expect that response cus most the bosses in the past were.... kinda "(work) Ends above all, sorry about your damn luck"
so while I won't be paid for 2 days it spares me the extra BS of having to deal with them cus they always take long and make the job mad at ya (like my Mom don't work there too and she's doing the same thing) - which to that I say:
Salute a real one when you see em. Appreciate my boss for that.

I'll take the hit cus even outside the loss.. my grandma had a hernia surgery today, my right shoulder needs rest terribly and etc... so with his understanding in this time I'll have had 8 days off.

Very thankful for that and much needed.

Last edited:
thing that made me laugh today - was playing some pokemon on switch and my step-niece seen and she was telling my brother (her step father) how she loves it and wants it.
he goes: "oh yeah???? name a pokemon"
her: PIKACHU!
Him: ...okay name another?
Her: ......Lady Gaga?

(She's 7)

made us all laugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)