What's His Last? UU Edition [Week 9 - Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Toxicroak & Heliolisk.
I suspect that it's a slightly different Toxicroak set though.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Toxicroak wins, since literally everyone voted for it. Suicune came close but some people voted for something else over it and it came second because of that. Grats to -Magic- for winning!

This week's team is an Offense team, made by Cyndequil. . Thanks for that! It features a scary SR + 3 atks Azelf, supporting Lum DD Salamence, Specs Whimsicott, and a bunch of other offensive threats. Life Orb Lucario is scary as always, and the team has one more free space left. What Mon would support the team the best?

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Switcheroo
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

You may now post your suggestions here! I will let this run from now until Fridaynight, most likely!

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

First thing's first i noticed the team so far had no mega and what better way to wrap a team up than with a mega! So obviously mega's are a crucial part of the team, mandatory if i must say. But from a glance this build looks more offensive meaning it may not have the best switchins to opposing threats but can effectively pressure them to the point that they can be managed. Entei seems annoying as it can quite easily spread sacred fire burns when given the chance, although mence has lum it wont really like a stone edge either. Mega sharpedo helps as it provides an entei check since it can revenge kill. When versing slower teams, it can feel free to punch holes into them by unleashing its attacks immediately as the speed boost may not be needed. Bulky waters that potentially annoy it like swampert, cune, and empoleon through defensive pressure in the form of scald burns mainly can be slaughtered by whismicott, azelf and lucario for cune. Also pert / empoleon lack consistent forms of recovery and rely on passive lefties so they are worn down easily. Azelf can just roast steels alive like forretress and mega aggron with 1 simple fire blast. For more faster builds it can clean up with enough speed boosts. Have fun!

Reserving Mega Blastoise
This team is great, but it lacks 3 things.
1. Water moves - Fire-types, like Darmanitan, can heavily damage the whole team, (assuming it's the standard set). The team doesn't appreciate Chandulure or Fletchinder all that much either.
2. Hazard Control - Rocks areannoying, especially for Salamence, and other hazards can make this team's day a horrible one.
3. A Mega

So:
->

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish -> Mega Launcher
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpAtk / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald / Water Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

This Blastoise can deal with Fire-types that cause issues for this team, like Darmanitan, quite easily with Scald or Water Pulse. Blastoise also provides hazard control, which Salamence can especially appreciate. This also adds another Special Attacker, balancing this hyper offensive team with 3 Physical Attackers and 3 Special Attackers, which lowers the chance of your whole team being walled by one Pokémon at any point. Blastoise is also much bulkier than anything on the team, allowing it to be switch in onto attacks easier than the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Reserving Mega Houndoom

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit

I've been loving this guy for a while in UU and I feel like he'd be a nice addition to this team considering that this team doesn't have a mega yet.

At first glance I didn't really like that Chandelure could easily just click shadow ball at any opportunity given, seeing as there's really no resists or immunities that prevent it from doing so. Mega Houndoom can pretty much take anything that a Chandelure throw at him due to his typing and pre-mega ability Flash Fire. The standard Nasty Plot set allows him to check more troublesome pokemon that threaten the team i.e. Doublade and Cresselia and give the team another wincon if needed. Pursuit there is to catch weakened pokemon that try switching out but is on the set mainly because of Chandelure in general. Adding another pokemon with a strong Fire type move, not to mention STAB, allows the team to have another answer to Forretress, seeing as it can challenge Salamence and Mamoswine with Gyro Ball or take the chance to spin and set up hazards on most 1v1 matchups on the team if it's still healthy. Mega Houndoom benefits from the rest of the team as well, completing the Fighting, Psychic, Dark core with Azelf and Lucario. It also appreciates the support it gets from the team as it has more than one way of dealing with the pokemon Hydreigon and Snorlax that happen to outright wall Mega Houndoom.

Overall, it does a nice job of covering some weaknesses the team has, while also having some decent synergy along with them. Although the team has some temporary answer of dealing with stuff like Cresselia with Shadow Ball Specs Whimsicott, Mega Houndoom is a nice addition that relieves the pressure from certain 1v1 matchups the team might have trouble with.

EDIT: I was also contemplating on putting Sucker Punch over Pursuit but I felt like the Chandelure problem was something that needed attention first and there's already 2 sources of priority found on the team already (3 if you count Whimsicott with Switcheroo).

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
This team had a few glaring weaknesses the first being nothing to handle chandy, no scarfer means the speed tier caps out at whims, and no flying resist. These are all easily addressed with adding aero, stone edge+pursuit is an absolute must for this team for the reasons given in the last sentence. EQ was added because this team has no switchins to shuca empoleon and I just wanted to minimize its ability to come in for free. Roost just brings longevity.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Protect

This team really appreciates having something that can 1v1 stuff like Florges,Sylveon without being overly reliant on Salamence's Iron Tail to lure them; as well as helping you pressure stuff like Cresselia a tad more. Also gives you something really fast, and allows you to pressure opposing teams late game and/or clean up. I would have suggested something like MegaPert/MStoise(even MPedo would have worked honestly) because the team has severe problems with Entei, but those sadly were taken. Also the fact that this is faster than Scarf Chandelure only helps, considering the fact that this is a little weak to it to begin with.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes / Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

The offensive team can be hampered by a couple of things:
1) Hazards: Judging by the use of Whimsicott, I'm assuming the team will utilize some level of switching revolving around Whims' typing to pivot. Hazards in general aren't very good for the team.
2) Some form of Sylveon check.
3) Soft check to set-up sweepers, notably Gyarados.

Tenta can deal with all three of those points relatively well. It's a better "pivot" because of its decent typing against a lot of things in UU and synergizes well with Whims and Mence (pseudo FWG core). From my experience, 3 Attack + SR Azelf can only set Rocks roughly 1-2 times, so having a Defog hazard removal would be detrimental to the team.

It also soft-checks Sylveon. I opted for Sludge Bomb to be able to do something to Sylv if it decides to stay in. Also soft-checks +1 Gyara with Haze (a Pokemon that this team kind of can't handle).

Mega-Pert can still be an issue for this team. Might find something that's cooler than Tenta, but I think it's the best option for this team.

EDIT: o yeah this kind of also deals with Chandy to some degree.

I feel considering the offensive nature of the team defensive spin doesn't fit/tents isn't a good entei check anyway. Offensive tenta might fit though! Sorry for pointing out just thought I'd put it out there! Also mega pert is definitely an issue but its offense :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)