Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Frustration
- Pursuit

this is what I think it is but im too late!!

probably with a better EV spread but this is just what I use on lax cuz im lazy

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
[09:13] Shadestep: hye im updating the Whats His Last thread now, do u care to reveal the last urself? or should i just post what it was
[09:13] +hogg: I can post it
[09:14] Shadestep: alright could u post it now then? im counting the votes and such at the moment :)

Hey, all, hope you liked the team. The actual last 'mon was Cresselia - it gave me a great all around defensive pivot, was nice against other offensive teams, and beat the few setup sweepers that Prankster Switcheroo from Whimsicott couldn't always handle, such as CM Florges, and SubDD Gyara if Swampert got overly weakened.

In testing the team did not overly struggle with Psychics (and Zam in particular) - Pursuit + Crunch MAero and Specs Shadow Ball meant everyone on the team but Pert tended to pressure the heck out of them. That said, of the options people posted, the ones I liked most were Doublade (checked several of the same threats if Shadow Claw was used over Sacred Sword, though it made the team weaker to Spikes) and Snorlax. Escavalier always works too, although it struggles a bit more against stuff like Gyara. This team was made during SPL meta after the Zam drop, so Sylveon wasn't a concern; if I were to do it again for this meta I'd probably go for Snorlax or Esca in that slot.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Hogg! Counting all the votes, Villa and his [thread=whats-his-last-uu-edition-week-3-voting-stage.3570697/page-4#post-6797958]Escavalier[/thread] submission wins, as the majority of people thought it had the best fit on the team. Omfuga atleast you were close
retrowaves - Forretress - 2
Mr. Highways - Mandibuzz - 0
Finding True Love - Espeon
Villa - Escavalier - 11
Adaam. - Doublade - 8
Miraklez - Alakazam - 0
FFXIII-Lightning - Empoleon - 1
LeoLancaster - Jellicent - 3
Nightingales - Crobat - 2

For Week 4, we have an amazing Tailwind team, made by IronBullet . Thank you! The team features offensive Suicune, something that has been seeing some more usage recently, and has proven to be really good. SD + Leftovers Heracross is an amazing stand-alone Pokemon, and performs even better with Tailwind support, provided by both Cune and Whimsicott. Offensive Shuca Empoleon is a great way to deal with Mamoswine, as Scald always OHKOs it. Standard Mega Aerodactyl finishes the team off with its nice speed tier, which can outpace and kill a lot of the tier, even without Tailwind Support.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Calm Mind

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roar

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Tailwind
- U-turn

As always, submit the Pokemon you think would fit best on this team as a 6th member. Reservations are perfectly fine, as long as you complete them in ~24 hours. Submission Stage ends on friday, so get them in in time!

Last edited:
Reserving Entei

I think that Entei is a good choice for the last Pokemon on this team. It seems like what it's currently missing is a second relatively slow wallbreaker to take advantage of Tailwind, and Entei certainly qualifies. It also synergizes very well with Suicune, Heracross, and Whimsicott, and I have often used one or more of those mons alongside Entei with good results.

Entei gives this team a more reliable way to beat Fairy-types than just having Empoleon around thanks to its decent bulk and strong Fire STAB. It can also help break Steel-types that annoy Aerodactyl and Whimsicott for the same reasons. With its speed doubled under Tailwind, it can threaten a wider subset of Pokemon than before as well.

Not much else to say here, Entei fits on a large number of teams and I believe it also fits well here.

Last edited:
Reserving NP Nape

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave
Since this team has some weaknesses to defeat Scarfed Hydreigon and Pivot Cobalion, Infernape can make a chaos on the battlefield. Nasty Plot + Vacuum Wave is a graceful combo that can demolish more Offensive Builds. Fire Blast is a hard hitting STAB, that helps you versus 90% of the Metagame after one Nasty Plot. Grass Knot is a coverage move that OHKOes the most of the Water-Types of the tier with a OHKO after a Nasty Plot. Aerodactyl-Mega and Heracross are probably Infernape's best friends, since they can defeat Blissey, Salamence, Sceptile- and Beedril-Mega.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shadestep said:
Offensive Shuca Empoleon is a great way to deal with Empoleon
You probably mean Mamoswine :P

Anyway, reserving Nidoqueen.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Alright, so this team struggles with bulky Fairies as well as powerful Electric and Fighting attacks. Empoleon can't do much back to the likes of Florges and Sylveon, other than using Roar to force them out, and Whimsicott is pressured a whole lot by bulky Waters and offensive Dragons already, so it doesn't appreciate taking a Volt Switch or Thunderbolt, and Close Combat or High Jump Kick are definitely going to hurt it. Thank goodness Nidoqueen is here to save the day!

The addition of Nidoqueen relieves pressure from Empoleon and Whimsicott, while maintaining the teams offensive nature. Nidoqueen takes on the Fairies, provides an important immunity to Electric attacks and a resistance to Fighting attacks. Nidoqueen also helps with breaking bulky Steel Types for Aerodactyl (which lacks EQ) and beats Dry Skin users like Heliolisk and Toxicroak for Suicune. Oh yeah, did I mention that Nidoqueen is absolutely devastating under Tailwind? With amazing coverage and a lot of power behind its attacks thanks to Sheer Force + Life Orb, Nidoqueen has the potential to turn from a wallbreaker into a threatening sweeper under Tailwind.

Sludge Wave, Earth Power and Ice Beam are mandatory on Nidoqueen and provide amazing coverage. Because Aerodactyl is chosen as the Stealth Rock user on this team, I chose Flamethrower in the last slot to hit Escavalier and Bronzong, and to avoid the common Shuca Berry on Cobalion. A case for Thunderbolt can also be made, as it helps to deal with bulky waters better. The EV Spread hits 232 Speed, which is enough for Jolly Crawdaunt (some creep for all the stuff that tries to get the jump on Daunt) and outspeeds everything up to Adamant Mega Sharpedo (at +1) under Tailwind.

Last edited:
Hmm...
An Ironbullet team.
Whimsicott has already been revealed.
There are two water types and one already has defog, so no need for tentacruel.
Last got to be Krookodile.
Aerodactyl carries stealth rock.
Tailwind support.
Must be choice banded.

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tfw shadestep likes literally every post in his thread

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch
King is the fairy check this team really needed while also giving the team some form of priority and another strong wall breaker that benefits heavily from tailwind. Might be naive but rash seems flames.

Last edited:
Reserving chandelure

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

or

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Fire Blast

the team seems to lack a good way of breaking florges since suicune is without recovery or considerable bulk and even whimsicott is without encore, leaving the only option of phazing with empoleon (without leftovers even), which isn't reliable in the end game at at all. Both chandelure sets here (idk which IB would use, both fit nicely and he's a fantastic teambuilder) improve team teams match up vs stall and late game florges. In addition, chandy also benefits a lot from the tailwind as a (potential) +1 chandelure with doubled speed can give a more offensive builds trouble and all around support heracross in breaking down walls/fatter teams for suicune or aero sweeps. Finally, chandelure provides a more solid answer to cobalion and infernape that have the potential to cause heavy damage to this team. Chandy can provide a solid counter to nape and non edge cobalion (which isnt as common with zapdos gone :[) and get free set up or wisps on them.

Last edited:
Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Tailwind teams are not particularly viable in my experience, but a t-wind team without a T Wave absorber is dead in the water before the battle even starts if the opponent has a t wave spreader. While I typically prefer some kind of defensive ground type, which would usually be ideal, I just don't think a team that's already using 2 slots on Tailwind, 2 on hazard management, and 1 on roar can afford to sacrifice any more offensive presence.

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

The biggest threats to this team are Electric-types and Fighting-types, and the team needs a Thunder Wave immunity because it relies so much on speed. Mamoswine is a great wallbreaker that is terrifying under Tailwind and effective outside it, partly thanks to its STAB Ice Shard. It also provides the needed Electric immunity and can help deal with certain Fighting-types, particularly Scarf Mienshao, with Ice Shard. That said, choosing Mamoswine requires very careful play around Fighting-types; keeping up Tailwind becomes incredibly important to give them as few chances to come in as possible. Mamoswine is also a good way to break Florges, which the team can have a bit of trouble breaking. Adamant is chosen over Jolly because Tailwind support allows Adamant Mamoswine to outspeed Scarf 108s under Tailwind.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Bulky Dragon has good synergy, and he needs another strong wallbreaker. He can't really add on something that dies to Ice Shard, which means that the answer pretty much has to be Tyrantrum or Haxorus. CB Haxorus is cool af, don't get me wrong, and would be a great option on the team - but the team struggles with Entei as well, so I'm going to suggest Tyrantrum here. This takes like 50% from an Ice Shard and jack diddly from Extremespeed, so it shores up some of those weaknesses nicely.

Adamant might be better overall for wallbreaking potential, but it loses against some key threats (like Scarf Mienshao) under TW, and Adamant Mamoswine with no TW. Head Smash kills things, especially under TW, and this can actually do a good job of breaking down bulkier teams even with no TW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)