All Gens What threads teach you most about classic generations of competitive Pokemon?

wyc2333

A=X+Y+Z Y: Hard Work
Approved by Earthworm​

"Classic" means RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW generations. OU is the most widely-played tier in each generation. As a rather newcomer, most of the threads I list below are behind 2017. Although I'm not sure about my top 10, my top 3 is rather solid.

The Best RMTs include:
RBY OU:
I Came, I Saw, I Conquered A RMT thread in 2017.
Memento /cpg/ A RMT thread in 2016.

GSC OU:
GSC Teams Through The Ages A player from GSC Council posted his favourite and most successful teams in 2019, explaining how they worked, why he liked those teams, the impact they had over the metagame, and how they have evolved over the time. Replays showing how some teams worked are also included.

ADV OU
Special Offense + Spikes One of the best RMT threads in 2018.
A guide to VenuPert One of the best RMT threads in 2017.

DPP OU
Iconic - the story of Team Canada One of the best RMT threads in 2018.

BW OU
disgusting One of the best RMT threads in 2019.
Thank You, Mr. Tokyo The best RMT thread in 2017.

Other threads include:
RBY OU:
Lead Tier List Include viability and analysis of Pokemon in 2013.

GSC OU:
Borat's Guide to GSC Although it is somehow outdated, it is one of the most lengthiest guides written in competitive Pokemon in 2011.

ADV OU:
The SPL XI Advance Postseason Thread One of the top ADVers share his general teambuilding philosophy, teams, metagame observations, and many more in 2020.

DPP OU:
Swampert An analysis of Swampert in 2019.
Clefable An analysis of Clefable in 2019.

BW OU:
Excadrill An analysis of Excadrill (last edited in 2020).

Here is the top 10 threads that teach me most about classic generations of competitive Pokemon:

RBY Guide
A guide in 2016 includes mechanics, introductory discussion, status spread, game strategy, and many more.

5-9
RBY OU Viability Rankings (last edited in 2020)
GSC OU Viability Rankings (last edited in 2020)
ADV OU Viability Rankings (last edited in 2020)
DPP OU Viability Rankings (last edited in 2019)
BW OU Viability Rankings (last edited in 2020)
Lists of how viable Pokemon are in each tier.

Introduction to Team Building
An introduction to teambuilding for G5OU, including sand balance, hyper offense, rain balance, and many more in 2020.

Latias
An analysis of DPP OU Latias edited by one of the best analysis writers in 2019, including many important things like overview, sets, other options, checks, and counters.

Snorlax
An analysis of GSC OU Snorlax edited by the best analysis writer in 2019, including overview, sets, other options, checks, and counters, which is not only extensive but also insightful.

ADV OU Teambuilding/Strategy: Archetypes and Cores -- A Data-Driven Approach
As the best thread in 2019, it is the most extensive, informative, and condensed guide I've ever read, including goals, data sources, concepts, methodology, lead analysis, archetype analysis, analysis of synergistic cores, instructive replays, and many more.

This list is somehow subjective. If you are willing to share yours, then go ahead for it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)