General What brought you to Smogon?

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One of my friends saw that I liked to play games competitively and that I enjoyed trying to determine and execute optimal strategies (builds in Starcraft, team compositions in League of Legends, etc.) and thought that competitive Pokemon would be something that I would enjoy. I was looking for a game besides Starcraft where individual matches wouldn't require the time investment of a full LoL match (or, God forbid, Civ 5/Beyond Earth...) and Pokemon fit the bill.

I would say definitely a couple of people I know on Showdown as well as wanting to participate in a few competitions for UU and Doubles OU

As the main tiers I want to actually learn, it lead me here. I heard about this place awhile ago, but a controversy I heard about made me hesitant, but they were quickly put to rest

I suppose I was brought to Smogon from Pokemon Showdown itself. Ever since 2013, I have been running around on a considerable amount of accounts. As a beginner, I had trouble creating teams for myself. So, I gained advice from my brother, yet he soon lost a great amount interest. So... I checked Smogon! Really, it's only until now that I actually joined the community. Honestly, it's appealing because you can find a variety of members, new and old, willing to help you as you grow. You can discuss teams and analyses, and proceed higher in the ladder with the newly found information. I believe I will stay for quite some time, and be willing to aid others in search of some assistance. However, I believe I will maintain myself at Pokemon Showdown more. I think that's it. Thanks for taking your time to read this. I hope I can be a helpful user. :)

Finding Pokemon Showdown and using the smogon analysis' linked made me recognize the name, and after searching various things that have forum threads or Smog issues discussing them, I started to come here for most of that information. A short period spent lurking later, I signed up.

Well I've always used the strategies, I used to wait for The Smog with such an angst. I decided to start participating more because of the unique tournaments going on. I want to hop into something fun and challenging.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
(I would tag Stratos and Sparkl3y but they're banned)
i c what u did there

Basically for the same reason as Snobalt, I'm doing my 1.5k here.

It all started out with a little Pixelmon server on Minecraft in January 2013, when I was still 12 (and in seventh grade lol). I was just playing on said server, when I became friends with one of the Gym Leaders on there. From there, he introduced me to one a ton of the people on that server, but that's besides the point. After that, in about June 2014, I was introduced to Pokemon Showdown. I idled around with unregistered accounts for about a month (mostly because I didn't know how to create accounts), and then on July 29, 2014, I registered my first account: Langur. For a while, I just hung out in the Lobby and Tournaments rooms and just challenged my friends in OU using my shitty Choice Specs Chansey set, which always made me confused when I lost to specially frail Pokemon.

Fast Forward to about August 30, 2014. I start joining Game Corner and Other Metas, and while I'm in Other Metas, I see someone do !om stabmons. Now, me being the curious newly 13-year-old boy I was, I clicked the links immediately. I wanted to post about how good I thought Porygon-Z was in the metagame (lol i didnt read banlists lol), so I made an account about 9 days later. Now, I didn't know what COPPA was when I made my account (luckily I was old enough to surpass it lol). But I ended up never making the post, and I didn't log back into my account until November 2014, where I made my actual first post. It was a thread in the Technical Projects Forum about my idea for simplified team rated (lol it's stupid I know). AM might remember posting in said thread. I later continued to join The Players', The Competitor's, and Smogon's Flying Press' HTML teams. I also joined (and managed to get myself removed from) the GP team lol. Wow, this place ruined me, but I like it strangely enough.

SHOUTOUTS:
Snobalt: Come back tbh. Also thanks a whole lot for helping me improve as a user for such a long time and for making my mistakes first so that I know not to do them! But really thank you for being my mentor and I cannot wait to talk to you again soon.
anto: Shoutout to this user for NOT giving me the sprites I wanted to make my 1.5k RMT that I eventually scrapped. Of yeah and shoutout to you for being cool and nice and for helping me improve.
Dr Ciel: WE NEED TO TALK ON PS MORE STOP BEING A STRANGER
Winry: are u a robot
Cretacerus: I'm so glad we could become friends and I'M SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T FINISHED YOUR AVATAR YET! I'M BUSY!
Eevee General: Time flies when you're a single mother.
Exeggutor: how does it feel to be banned from PU
Feliburn: start talking in the group chat on skype more we need our daily dose of Feliburn
FishInABox: bisexual beauty
Adamant Zoroark: bisexual foreskin
Cobalion.: Peef Rimgar was better
Astara: ^0^
gasquakee: tanner
GoodMorningEspeon: BadEveningUmbreon
imas234: I know we don't talk that much, but keep up the good work!
Ksh13: ksj15
m00ns: i spilled Dr. Pepper on my laptop on Christmas Day and it reminded me of u
Megazard: suckies
Joshz: a shit
Mysteria: Broncos !
Queez: avatar stealer tbh
Ransei: c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s .
Recreant: my avatar is HOT
Rekeri: ur back!
rubsomebacononit: :^[0]^:^[0]^: hi
Zangooser: deg
Dream Eater Gengar: zang
Skitty: bianca del rio
Sparkychild: girl?
Syncrasy: notice me
The Reptile: <3
TONE114: thanks for the pu tutoring and im glad we got to know each other better :]
Tressed: SPOOPY
Twix: corey best anime
Typhlito: one hungry hotdog
unfixable: im glad we're friends now and that highlight here to see what you want to see: nothing
Viridi: who u
xJownage: interesting skype call
WreckDra: !!!!
Mars Lowell Betathunder MAMP Red OP-Chan Confide. spartan malice jeran GreasyXSpoon Snaquaza Whis: u all look like burned cheese tbh
baconbagon: IM SO SORRY BESTFRIEND FORGIVE ME
Albacore: last shoutout! nice to see you post in Media HQ and I'm glad when we get to talk.
if i forgot anyone, tell me and then i'll probably add you because i dont have standards

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I came here on my own, I guess. I was looking for teams about two years ago, considering I just joined Pokemon Showdown. I sought teams, and, low and behold, I found some helpful advice here. It appeals to me just by the sheer about of helpful users and advice one can receive. Very welcoming! And, yeah, I believe I will stay. However, you'll mostly see me around Pokemon Showdown, and not around Smogon. That doesn't mean I won't be here, though! :]

I was influenced by the game Pokemon Battle Revolution. When I was younger, I loved looking at those videos because of the three dimensional graphics. I always wanted to make a competitive team so I could battle against others and started to study up some sets on smogon. However, back then I didn't know how to EV train or IV breed pokemon and I didn't know some game mechanics. I started to get serious in researching the "metagame" and viable pokemon and movesets which started about two years ago; this is because I first learned how to breed max IV pokemon. Nowdays, I occasionally check up on the smogon tiers and forums simply because I'm obsessed with competitive battling.

Hello! I'm Adonia! Glad to see you!

I decided to join Smogon for both the benefits of friends and advice! Of course, I am willing to help you if you wish to help me, too! It's certainty appealing because you can see a variety of nice users equipped with the capabilities to aid one another. And, yes, I believe I will stay. However, I may be on Pokemon Showdown more than Smogon. Still, you can drop by and say hello! :]

What Brought Me To Smogon? I want to get better as a Competitive Battler. I watched so many YouTubers over the past eight months and I have spent so much time learning from those guys and through my own mistakes but something in me wants to get even better by taking part in tournaments and leagues on Showdown! I know I am not at the greatest in terms of skills and there are some AWESOME battlers out there and I want to collaborate and take part in events! Also: Smogon is my go-to source for strategies and ideas for PKMN builds. :)

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
I joined Smogon because i need to join the AG:Minitour but i didnt had a account.SO,thats it

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
well, I was supposed to write something else for my 1k but I couldn't get it on time, so I guess I can just roll with this. I joined Smogon just a little under 2 years ago when I found out about the forum but didn't get to use it until May when I became room moderator in the Wi-Fi PS! Room (which I got thanks for dead user: Darnell) when The Immortal decided to start using a Smogon pm for the staff.

I never really got to pay much attention to it until a year after when my friend Spy found out I was a Web Designer student and convinced me to try for The Player HTML team.

I quickly started working my way to Ladybug although I only did for the pleasure of doing what I love which was HTML, and not for the badge. I was later pm'd by Jellicent to join The Competitor, and once The Player and The Competitor died, Quarkz added me to The Smog. My friend macle also convinced me to started helping with a HTML project for the Tournaments section, so all those things summed up got me rewarded with Ladybug just some timer after (around May or so).

I kept contributing to The Smog until it became Article Workshop (now known as Smogon's Flying Press) but during that time, I was also rewarded with Contributor after macle insisted me to help out with the Articles & Letters section in C&C. Just a few weeks after, I got Smog Media for my high quality HTMLs, which Oglemi recognized and nommed me for Site Staff.

Not a lot of time happened until macle, again, convinced me of joining the Articles & Letters staff which got me Forums mod. A few weeks (I believe) happened, and Quarkz and Spy resigned from the webzine, which meant the HTML was left alone without a lead. and that's when they thought I was the best person for the job.

I got to spend some time with wonderful people thanks to SFP who made me feel really comfortable. After helping with different projects around Smogon, I was promoted to Global Moderator in here almost at the same time I got Global Moderator on PS! aaaaaaand almost at the same time, I got SPF leader, aaaaaaaaaaand just a few days after, Oglemi resigned and decided to put me in charge of the Site Staff badge.

Eeverything happened so fast... I'm sure I missed a few things but that's all I could remember. and now time to do my 1k shoutouts!

PS!:
the bros: you're probably the realest people ever, and I'd not think it twice if I had to meet you irl and have a drink or two (WITH THE LEGAL ONES AT LEAST). now here's a message for each one of you.​
  • Angeela - despite your short age, you're one of the most mature and level-headed people I know. you're honest with your feelings and you'e also hilarious when you ask things you don't know about. thank you for being such a special girl and for being there when I need it
  • BulbaSword - could anyone be any more chill than you? you always have the right words. you're admirably wise and I can't thank you enough for what you do to me
  • Champion Albert - my main bae, you've been around for only god knows how long and you've been nothing but a great RO. please don't ever leave me :( same goes to Jeff
  • GeoffBruedly - what can I say about you? lots of people think you're just a troll, but when they get to know you like I do, they quickly realize how wrong they were. you have honest intentions and care about your friends more than anyone I know
  • Omega-Xis14 - I don't think I've ever met a guy who's sweeter than you are. hopefully I can be around for a long time to take care of you my friend
  • Dirpz - thanks for making me laugh soooo much. you're honestly hilarious and I enjoy it when we sing in calls together
  • Winry - same as Dirpz, you're the absolutely most hilarious girl I've ever met. I know we don't talk a lot, but know that I'm here for you whenever you need it
  • Trickster - I've never personally talked to you, but you're such a cool dude. I trust your judgement on PS things more than anyone. you're absolutely mature despite being really young
  • Zinnia - your voice is the cutest sound on earth. I really miss you, you're not around as much anymore, but you deserve a good life outside PS girl
  • Sigilyph - your rants over the littlest things make me laugh so much holy shit. you're a snarky little dude, but once you get used to it, you're absolutely cool to hang out with
  • Feliburn - you're a bully :( but the nicest kind of bully around
  • BetaHousing - basically same as Dirpz, calls wouldn't be the same without your jokes or funny comments
  • Cranham - despite all the things we went through, we're still friends and I'm glad
  • ashiemore Awu HeterosexualZekrom Ayano's Red Scarf Serophim Silver Scrapes Sparkychild grimAuxiliatrix f(x) LifeisDANK cyrui
Mexican Groudon: first group I joined after a long time of dealing with shitty groups. you all are adorable human beings, thanks for letting me rant there all day. not gonna shoutout to all of you because you're like a million of people, but know that I appreciate you all​
  • Blitzamirin - you are so intimidating at first, but in reality, you're one of the most caring people I know, you're always there for your friends and do the best to make them feel better
  • sirDonovan - the nicest dude on PS, hands down. thank you for not sending me to hell whenever I pm you, which is way more than I should
  • Ace Rekeri Eyan Jin Of The Gale Quote Lacuna HiMyNamesL Kayo
Whoever these nerds are
Cosmopolitan: the best room on PS! made by the best staff on PS! too​
Random PS! auth:
Smogon
SFP: I already gave you all a shoutout in SFP, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say thank you for making me feel so comfortable and for helping with this amazing project we have. Especially you, Jellicent, for being the nicest co-lead on earth​
Random nice Smogon people:
The ones that got me here:
  • Oglemi macle Spy - I have no words to express how thankful I am for what you guys did for me on this site. so here's a special shoutout for you three

I'm really sorry if I forgot about anyone :(
for those who don't use Smogon, don't reply this post!

Toast Edit: Toast++ likes this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I stumbled into here via a TV Tropes link/mention, thought it looked fun because I was just getting back into Pokemon at the time (I didn't even realize X and Y were on their way until just before I joined), and blindly jumped into the forums head first. Surprised I didn't get banned or receive more than 1 infraction being an idiot, if I'm going to be honest.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well, I was supposed to write something else for my 1k but I couldn't get it on time, so I guess I can just roll with this. I joined Smogon just a little under 2 years ago when I found out about the forum but didn't get to use it until May when I became room moderator in the Wi-Fi PS! Room (which I got thanks for dead user: Darnell) when The Immortal decided to start using a Smogon pm for the staff.

I never really got to pay much attention to it until a year after when my friend Spy found out I was a Web Designer student and convinced me to try for The Player HTML team.

I quickly started working my way to Ladybug although I only did for the pleasure of doing what I love which was HTML, and not for the badge. I was later pm'd by Jellicent to join The Competitor, and once The Player and The Competitor died, Quarkz added me to The Smog. My friend macle also convinced me to started helping with a HTML project for the Tournaments section, so all those things summed up got me rewarded with Ladybug just some timer after (around May or so).

I kept contributing to The Smog until it became Article Workshop (now known as Smogon's Flying Press) but during that time, I was also rewarded with Contributor after macle insisted me to help out with the Articles & Letters section in C&C. Just a few weeks after, I got Smog Media for my high quality HTMLs, which Oglemi recognized and nommed me for Site Staff.

Not a lot of time happened until macle, again, convinced me of joining the Articles & Letters staff which got me Forums mod. A few weeks (I believe) happened, and Quarkz and Spy resigned from the webzine, which meant the HTML was left alone without a lead. and that's when they thought I was the best person for the job.

I got to spend some time with wonderful people thanks to SFP who made me feel really comfortable. After helping with different projects around Smogon, I was promoted to Global Moderator in here almost at the same time I got Global Moderator on PS! aaaaaaand almost at the same time, I got SPF leader, aaaaaaaaaaand just a few days after, Oglemi resigned and decided to put me in charge of the Site Staff badge.

Eeverything happened so fast... I'm sure I missed a few things but that's all I could remember. and now time to do my 1k shoutouts!

PS!:
the bros: you're probably the realest people ever, and I'd not think it twice if I had to meet you irl and have a drink or two (WITH THE LEGAL ONES AT LEAST). now here's a message for each one of you.​
  • Angeela - despite your short age, you're one of the most mature and level-headed people I know. you're honest with your feelings and you'e also hilarious when you ask things you don't know about. thank you for being such a special girl and for being there when I need it
  • BulbaSword - could anyone be any more chill than you? you always have the right words. you're admirably wise and I can't thank you enough for what you do to me
  • Champion Albert - my main bae, you've been around for only god knows how long and you've been nothing but a great RO. please don't ever leave me :( same goes to Jeff
  • GeoffBruedly - what can I say about you? lots of people think you're just a troll, but when they get to know you like I do, they quickly realize how wrong they were. you have honest intentions and care about your friends more than anyone I know
  • Omega-Xis14 - I don't think I've ever met a guy who's sweeter than you are. hopefully I can be around for a long time to take care of you my friend
  • Dirpz - thanks for making me laugh soooo much. you're honestly hilarious and I enjoy it when we sing in calls together
  • Winry - same as Dirpz, you're the absolutely most hilarious girl I've ever met. I know we don't talk a lot, but know that I'm here for you whenever you need it
  • Trickster - I've never personally talked to you, but you're such a cool dude. I trust your judgement on PS things more than anyone. you're absolutely mature despite being really young
  • Zinnia - your voice is the cutest sound on earth. I really miss you, you're not around as much anymore, but you deserve a good life outside PS girl
  • Sigilyph - your rants over the littlest things make me laugh so much holy shit. you're a snarky little dude, but once you get used to it, you're absolutely cool to hang out with
  • Feliburn - you're a bully :( but the nicest kind of bully around
  • BetaHousing - basically same as Dirpz, calls wouldn't be the same without your jokes or funny comments
  • Cranham - despite all the things we went through, we're still friends and I'm glad
  • ashiemore Awu HeterosexualZekrom Ayano's Red Scarf Serophim Silver Scrapes Sparkychild grimAuxiliatrix f(x) LifeisDANK cyrui
Mexican Groudon: first group I joined after a long time of dealing with shitty groups. you all are adorable human beings, thanks for letting me rant there all day. not gonna shoutout to all of you because you're like a million of people, but know that I appreciate you all​
  • Blitzamirin - you are so intimidating at first, but in reality, you're one of the most caring people I know, you're always there for your friends and do the best to make them feel better
  • sirDonovan - the nicest dude on PS, hands down. thank you for not sending me to hell whenever I pm you, which is way more than I should
  • Ace Rekeri Eyan Jin Of The Gale Quote Lacuna HiMyNamesL Kayo
Whoever these nerds are
Cosmopolitan: the best room on PS! made by the best staff on PS! too​
Random PS! auth:
Smogon
SFP: I already gave you all a shoutout in SFP, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say thank you for making me feel so comfortable and for helping with this amazing project we have. Especially you, Jellicent, for being the nicest co-lead on earth​
Random nice Smogon people:
The ones that got me here:
  • Oglemi macle Spy - I have no words to express how thankful I am for what you guys did for me on this site. so here's a special shoutout for you three

I'm really sorry if I forgot about anyone :(
for those who don't use Smogon, don't reply this post!

Toast Edit: Toast++ likes this.
I bet you posted this from your shit pc

Edit: yes I did

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tldr - im the best

Edit: And this is why you shouldn't tl;dr, kids.

Okay so my story isn't so magical or meaningful to some other people but it is to me I guess so strap in folks. (Obligatory language warning.)

For me, I really don't get on the Smogon forums much. I get on Showdown, that's my jam, my jazz, my crew, my homies, my ninjas. So I found out about Smogon through a completely unrelated forum when I was 13-14 I think, and I starting thumbing through the movesets and it was some cool stuff. This would've been 2011 or 2012, my memory is fuzzy since a lot of shit went down for me around that age that I don't feel like going into specifics about (there's a couple of you out there who know what I'm talking about, and if you're one of those people, I love you. Like for real, you're my lifeblood and it means you're really close to me and you're keeping me going so thank you from the very depths of my heart. There's one of you I love more than the others too, and you know who you are. <3) and I'm just gonna assume it's my mind trying to keep me from remembering stuff that hurt so I'm just gonna let it. Basically to put it in the boldest of bold print so you folks can make it out without me actually using the bold cuz the button is just so far away, my life was really rough from the time I was early 13 to when I was about 16. Lots of things pressing on my mind constantly and lots of things making me hurt and sad. Not necessarily rough as in abuse or something like that, don't get that idea, but I was going through some heavy... let's call them internal struggles.
I've gotten your interest by now, I'm sure, so let me just put a cap on it by saying at my lowest point I had attempted suicide. Yeah. I know, not such a bright and sweet backstory, but trust me, this all relates to Showdown and the people I love in it. Showdown was - and still is - an integral part to me and how I function in life. I guess that's kind of pathetic, but life is full of pathetic moments.

Aaaanyways. In mid 2013, I registered on Pokemon Showdown as Silver Scrapes, and I didn't know an EV from an Eevee. I had seen the Smogon movesets from my experience before on that unrelated forum, but I was like "what the hell are these EV things? and these items? I don't think I've ever seen these, but there's a good explanation for why the moves are good, so I'll use those", and so in-game I tried my best to get as close to Smogon movesets as I could without knowing what EVs or IVs or really anything competitive actually meant, and here I was wading into the delightfully aggravating world of competitive Pokemon. The low-ladder horror stories you hear about? I was one, man. I was pretty terrible, running my SubSeed Overgrow Venusaur with offensively-based EVs in OU because I was just that much of a forward-thinker about the metagame.

But all that being said, I really wasn't on Showdown much. I talked in Lobby pretty frequently, I guess, but not about much of substance. I mostly just got into an assload of arguments and made myself look like an idiot, which is a talent I have carried with me all the way to being at this moment a Lobby mod, a Smash Bros driver, and a global voice. I'm still getting into stupid arguments all the time, why do you fuckin' people waste your time on me? But once the Smash Bros room came about, that's when I got involved in stuff. This was into 2015 now, I think, a long time of being garbage at Pokemon had honed me into a decent battler and someone who had fun with the game instead of just getting mad. I talked to people pretty frequently about whatever, and this was when I started to meet some of the most amazing people I'll ever come into contact with. I don't want to really spoil any identities here, but let's call them Kay, Jay, Peanut, John, Polar, and Sylv. 6 of the most incredible people in the universe, these people are my world. They've listened to me blither on about all kinds of dumb shit and they've all made me feel better about my life and myself in their own ways, and I would never have met these beautiful human beings without Showdown and Smogon. I think without them I would have long ago gone insane and lost it all, figuratively and literally.

So this isn't so much an origin story of how I got into Smogon yet, and I guess I'll get into those duller details now, but I really wanted to get that out there. This forum had a community of Pokemon players and they didn't know much about competitive either, so we were totally the blind leading the blind. They'd say something about an EV, and no one would really get it, and when questioned, the guy talking about an EV didn't get it either. None of us knew how to research either, I guess. But we thought Smogon had some cool sets. We liked it, it was sort of a guideline for us. We'd all sit around and exchange the Pokemon we were using as we re-played Emerald 12,000 times or whatever, and it was a pretty cool little community I resided in. We were all total morons and we all knew it and we all embraced it. But I eventually - and by eventually I mean after months of blissful idiocy - decided to go deeper. I found Showdown in 2013, like I said, carrying with me all of my moronic ideals about competitive mons and how it all worked. I shaped up pretty quickly as I was taught fast what EVs and IVs were, how movesets were supposed to work, etc. My skills didn't really pick up for a while, though, but they did eventually. But this little community of morons dedicated to a completely different videogame had a subthread about Pokemon, and I got involved in it, and that lead me to Smogon's movesets, which in turn led me to Showdown. And I've never been happier to be part of any community. There's other people besides the 6 I mentioned that have been a big part of who I am on Showdown and they are great friends, too, but I don't wanna keep you for many more hours than I already have by this point if you still happen to be reading my bland-ass wall of text.

I'm not trying to make some amazing statement or anything here or anything grandiose or get a bunch of pats on the back for going through tough times or anything, I'd rather not get all the unnecessary attention and sympathy. Since it seems like the thing to do here, I just wanted to post my supervillain origin story and shout out to some really awesome people. Smogon, you've been a more amazing place than you were ever intended to be for lil ol' me. Thank you.

I started playing pokemon first time summer 2015. Yeah, nice catch :P

I really liked it, that was nice timekiller and I had some fun with it during travel or while I had nothing better to do. Then I was looking for pokemons on YT and I found Verlisify. At first I was enjoying his videos because he puts a lot emotion in them. After month or two I started playing BattleSpot Singles but because I have no DS I was forced to play on Pokemon Showdown. When I was watching Verlisify I was pretty sure that smogon is bad, centralizing and overall awful, terrible et cetera...

But guys, do you really understand how painful experience is to play BattleSpot Singles on PS for newcommer? It's like M kanga, M salamancer M gengar everywhere! Plus swagplay thundurus, ditto and moody glaile. My most painful experience from playing pokemone comes from battle spot ladder.

After while I wanted to try OU. I was curious about it so I get sample HO team from forum. And OU was so much better! When I achieved some skill I realised how bad Verlisify videos are and that he has no idea how to play pokemon competitive.

Now I'm somehow mediocre. My best rating was like ~1600 and that gave me place in TOP500. I'm still not very good but enjoying playing OU times to times and I'm still newcommer.

I probably only came here because I was required to via Pokemon Showdown staff convos haha, the first being sports. Three of the four rooms I have auth in, on pokemon Showdown use this site for staff interaction in some way, two of those three exclusively do all the staff stuff here. I started playing Pokemon when I was 14 (about 6 years ago), competitively about 3 years afterwards. I don't really play competitive pokemon much anymore, more focusing on college volleyball and smash 4, I'll probably get back into competitive pokemon sometime in the future but I don't know when. As for this site I just randomly follow a few threads of my interest and post once every three weeks or so. Currently I'm enjoying the volleyball life and also enjoying making progress in smash 4. Here's a video of me getting bodied by one of the best Toon Link players in the world (and arguably a top 50 world player overall) even if the damage percentages may not suggest it. But hey it was nice to find him on for glory mode, which I would have not expected at all. He then followed me on twitter after =].

Last edited:
Reactions: Spy
Hello everyone, I am very happy to be here and meet new players of Pokemon and how can i say this, I'm a newbie (obviously) because of that i can end up making some wrong and out-standard things, please, I hope can count with you to get acquainted more with your site and can become part of this community, personally i'm very happy to have the chance to learn more about the Smogon and about Pokemon, I'll be honest in most part of the time, as now, I have used the google translator for communicate in PS because of that sometimes I will end up writing something wrong, I hope all gonna be right and many thanks to those who read this post, I wish all of good to you ^^

I was doing competitive on Pokemon Showdown and I just joined out of the blue just to be here

I think I might have wanted to get better at Pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)