Base Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 90
Defense: 120
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 60

Ability: Levitate
The Pokémon is rendered completely immune to damage-dealing Ground-type moves, as well as the effects of Arena Trap. Does not take damage from Spikes, and cannot become poisoned by/remove Toxic Spikes.
Dream World Ability: None.

Moves:

Moves in bold are new to Generation V. Moves in italics are old moves that are new to Weezing.

By leveling up:
1: Poison Gas
1: Tackle
1: Smog
1: Smokescreen
6: Smog
10: Smokescreen
15: Assurance
19: Clear Smog
24: SelfDestruct
28: Sludge
33: Haze
39: Double Hit
46: Explosion
52: Sludge Bomb
59: Destiny Bond
65: Memento

By TM:
Toxic
Venoshock
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Return
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Fire Blast
Torment
Facade
Rest
Attract
Thief
Round
Incinerate
Will-O-Wisp
Explosion
Payback
Giga Impact
Flash
Gyro Ball
Swagger
Substitute

Egg moves:
Screech
Psywave
Psybeam
Destiny Bond
Pain Split
Grudge
Spite
Curse
Stockpile
Swallow
Spit Up

Moves obtainable through Generation III or IV TMs;
Shock Wave
Secret Power
Endure
Captivate
Dark Pulse
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift

Moves obtainable ONLY through Generation III Move Tutors:
Mimic

Moves obtainable through Generation IV Move Tutors:
Snore
Spite
Uproar
Rollout
Pain Split

Description of Generation V moves (I'm going by Serebii's Pokedex, so feel free to correct me on any of these):

Clear Smog:
Base power: 50
Type: Poison
Classification: Special
Accuracy: N/A
PP: 15
Effect: resets the target's stat changes

Venoshock:
Base power: 65
Type: Poison
Accuracy:100
PP: 10
Effect: Base power doubles if used on a poisoned target.

Round:
Base power: 60
Type: Normal
Accuracy: 100
Effect: Base power increases if the move had just been used by something else.

Incinerate:
Base power: 30
Type: Fire
Accuracy: 100
Effect: Incinerates the target's berry, rendering it unusable.

Potential Sets;

Defensive Weezing
Weezing @Black Sludge/Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+Sp.Def, -Atk)
*Stockpile
*Pain Split
*Toxic/Will-O-Wisp
*Clear Smog/Venoshock/Fire Blast
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Sp.Def, 48 Defense, 8 Sp.Atk

This set takes advantage of some of Weezing's newest toys; most notably Stockpile, which allows Weezing to finally do something about that Special Defense. Pain Split allows for recovery. You can pick between Toxic or Will-O-Wisp here, whichever you feel will be the more effective status. For the final move, pick your poison- literally. Clear Smog appears to work like Haze, minus the nasty side effect of also making Weezing lose those Stockpiled boosts. Venoshock obviously should only be considered if you taught Weezing Toxic. And if you're that worried about Steel-types, there's also Fire Blast, although I personally have never been too big a fan of its iffy accuracy.

I'm Weezing In The Rain
Weezing @Life Orb/Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
*Thunder
*Hidden Power (Water)
*Psybeam/Venoshock/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Rain Dance
*Psybeam/Venoshock/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Rain Dance
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 HP

With Drizzle Politoed threatening to take the metagame by storm (pun intended), a special attacking Weezing might be able to find a place on a rain team. Thunder and Hidden Power Water take advantage of the weather, while the last two moves are up to you. Psybeam is a little on the weak side and Psychic attacks in general have poor coverage, but without Flamethrower or Fire Blast being viable on this set, you gotta have something to do to the likes of Heracross or Venusaur, or whatever. There's better examples out there, I know it. But yeah, say there's something out there that normally would fear Weezing's fire moves, that knows that nobody in their right mind would dare run said fire moves in a Rain Dance team. Stuff like Breloom, Heracross, Venusaur, maybe even the new Scolipede, you get the picture. Now Weezing can Psybeam them. Venoshock works, but really only if you have Toxic Spikes support. Sludge Bomb gets STAB and is generally powerful, if not saddled with poor coverage. Shadow Ball is also a decent option, and Rain Dance is always a good option, should Politoed go down and your opponent brings in their Hippowdon/Tyranitar/Dream World Ninetales.

Special Attacking Weezing
Weezing @Life Orb/Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
*Thunder/Thunderbolt
*Fire Blast/Flamethrower
*Uproar/Venoshock/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball
*Uproar/Venoshock/Sludge Bomb/HP Fighting
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 HP

This Weezing's made for attacking. As far as Fire Blast, Thunder, and their more accurate counterparts, pick whichever you feel more comfortable with. I personally am rather deterred by their iffy accuracy, but that's just me. The third and fourth moves are up to you. Uproar's power was upped to 90, a most notable increase. While the move is still blocked by ghosts, and therefore not nearly as desirable as Salamence's Outrage, it's still a potent option, as well as one that can screw with your opponent's RestTalkers. However, with Sleep Talk losing its TM status, I think RestTalking will start to become far less common. Venoshock and Sludge Bomb offer STAB. Venoshock should be your choice if Weezing's being backed by some Toxic Spikes support; otherwise, Sludge Bomb. Then there's Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Ground, both of which together provide some pretty decent coverage.

All in all, Weezing didn't get too much in the way of new moves this time around, but it can certainly work with what it's been given. If you feel I've missed any potential movesets for Weezing, please don't hesitate to post them here.

And one more thing. This thread is NOT for the discussion of Weezing's tiering options. So don't even.

Really, the only new toy Weezing has other than the iffy Venom Shock, in my humble opinion, is Stockpile. That alone might make Weezing a considerable threat at this point. Venom Shock -might- find use on perhaps a Toxistall team, but I think running Flamethrower or Thunderbolt is going to be much more worth it.

Defensive Weezing
Weezing @Black Sludge/Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+Sp.Def, -Atk)
*Stockpile
*Pain Split
*Toxic/Will-O-Wisp
*Clear Smog/Venom Shock/Fire Blast
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Sp.Def, 48 Defense, 8 Sp.Atk

As you stated, this would likely be the most effective Weezing set, apart from some tweaking of EVs. With a stockpile or two, Weezing would be able to safely drop Will-o-Wisp for Toxic, if you wish for Venom Shock. Otherwise, keep Clear Smog/Haze/Flamethrower. Fire Blast is pointless for PP reasons.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Weezing didn't get Sludge Wave. Thanks, GF.

Also, aside Clear Smog and maybe Venom Shock and StockPile, L.A. didn't get anything to justify a use for him, especially now that a lot of useful Psychics like Rankurusu, Kokoromori and Oobemu are wandering. It may prove useful to counter the musketeer trio, but aside that, he didn't change a lot.

any defensive pokemon with stockpile = win

Weezing has always been really unique with access to a bundle of special attacks and immunity to ground so i can see him being a complete monster with just 1 stockpile up

You can't have both Stockpile & Paint Split!

Stockpile is a Gen 5 egg move & Pain Split is a Gen 4 tutor move!

I really think Clear Smog was a great addition to Big Smogon, though, since it can't be taunted & doesn't appear to affect your side of the field, like Haze.

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this thread :P

I personally think the best LEGAL moveset for Big Smogon is gonna be something fairly defensive. And since there are so many new dangerous stat-up moves this gen (Butterfly Dance, Shell Break, Coil, as well as new distribution of old favorites like Nasty Plot), Clear Smog is definitely a valuable asset as a way to stop a sweep.

OH, I just remembered that Pain Split is also an egg move. Well then.

You can't have both Stockpile & Paint Split!

Stockpile is a Gen 5 egg move & Pain Split is a Gen 4 tutor move!
Pain Split is also an egg move. Breed/tutor it onto a male Gulpin, level it up to teach it Stockpile, breed it with a female Koffing or Weezing, and there you go.

EDIT: Didn't see the post directly above this one. Epic fail.

Clear Smog is definitely one of wheezing's biggest positives, with all these stat up sweepers running around. This should definitely be used with fire blast or you will be horribly walled by steels. Then either run RestTalk or Pain Split and Will 'o wisp.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I don't think it's possible to run sleep talk with Clear smog so you'll have to make do with Pain split and will-o-wisp. At that point, the only threat to you is sub-charge heatran who walls you harder life.

Saw this coming. Teach it Sleep talk in fourth gen, transfer it to fifth gen and teach it Clear Smog. Sadly not compatible with its dream world ability, Levitate.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Whoops. For some reason I was under the belief that Clear smog was an egg move. My apologies.

Stock pile might actually allow him to actually take on fire types that are immune to his W-o-W (heatran, blazeken, im looking at yall). Too bad he cant touch them without hp ground. Maybe:

Weezing @ leftovers
252hp rest up to preference
~stockpile
~clear smog/thunderbolt/fire blast/hp ground/wow
~tbolt/fire blast/hp ground/wow
~pain split/wow

Stock pile might actually allow him to actually take on fire types that are immune to his W-o-W (heatran, blazeken, im looking at yall). Too bad he cant touch them without hp ground. Maybe:

Weezing @ leftovers
252hp rest up to preference
~stockpile
~clear smog/thunderbolt/fire blast/wow
~tbolt/fire blast/wow
~pain split/wow

Hp ground was deemed unworthy of a slash

Double post, not an edit!

Stockpile leaves you helpless against moveslot syndrome. You either drop clear smog, fire blast, Pain Split, or WoW, all of which make him worse and stockpile doesn't help him against heatran. Still, a wall that can't deal with only one pokemon isn't too bad. Perhaps HP Fighting to make up for Heatran? Then you can still hit steels.

Clear Smog gives it basically a better haze, but he can't Haze Steel types with it. Still a nice addition. Stockpile might worth a set/slot.

Otherwise, Weezing hasn't changed, except the things around him did, making the environment less and less friendly for him.

Where indeed?

What does Restalk Weezing look like? Clear Smog/WoW and Sludge Bomb/HP Ground or something? I dunno, it seems like Weezing already suffers from 4-moveslot syndrome enough as it is without needing to devote two slots to recovery when it can just use Pain Split.

Levitate is Weezing's normal ability. It has no DW ability.
I think that was a joke.

Gen 5 really needed to give Weezing some presents in the form of DW abilities.

However, let's not forget that it is still a potent UU wall. Stockpile will only add to that

Being immune to Toxic(Spikes) is a huge boon for Weezing as a Stockpile user. Hippowdon, Cradily, etc all suffer from Toxic poison. Weezing doesn't truly have a problem with Heatran when it is packing Pain Split + Stockpile. His best set probably looks something like:

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
EV: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Stockpile
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

This set gives him impressive 334/277/262 defenses, after a Stockpile boost his defenses become 415/393. Assuming Heatran switches in as you Stockpile, his Fire Blast (max SpA, no boosting item) does 35.3% - 42.2%. The next hit (at +2) will deal 26.9% - 31.7%, so you can actually survive two consecutive and Pain Split off the damage (with Leftovers it becomes 35.95 + 25.45 + 25.45 = 86.85 over three turns). You will have 44 HP left, which you can then Pain Split to combine with Heatran's 282 (after Stealth Rock). After which Heatran will be left with 163 HP and you'll have 183 after Leftovers. This isn't reliable but it shows it is possible for Heatran to lose a lot of health if he tries to switch in.

breh

強いだね
It's very, very clear that everybody here is great at theorymonning but godawful at making good ideas when untested (I'm one of those people too!).

A simple Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/Pain Split/Toxic set is good enough for me. Great Dory counter (+2 RS doesn't 2hko iirc), scizor counter, gyarados, skarm (sort of... it can kill it off but it can't 2hko unfortunately). You don't really need w-o-w as weezing 2- or OHKOes most normal physical pokes... Haze is good for Roob though (over toxic I guess) but you lose a valuable move in toxic, which is nice to spam on bulky waters and pokes that neither t-bolt or fire blast hit SE (or to catch random high-power special attackers on the switch in).

Basically while weezing has changed little, the abundance of Dory makes it really cool. I''m talking about wifi though; I can imagine shanderaa is bad for it in DW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)