Monotype We are one - A Cro-Latias-Mega Psychic Team

H-hey there! I'm Rae, as you might know me by Aehzo, Wryght, or Zgx. I'm a player who had a humble start in a side server named Origin. Thanks to Phoenix Kaze, and Alliance Avenger. I learned the meta, and what it had to offer. I'm glad I payed attention, because this community has some really beautiful faces. Fro, Phoenix to Hat, I've been consistently making teams that I don't agree with. 'Til a month ago. I had been trying to make a Latias-Mega team, and none have showed promise. But the one you are going to read has been the best result out of a near 60 attempts. So please, grab some popcorn, and smile bright.

[Original Set]

CroCune 2.0 (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power / Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Refresh

[New set that Dece1t suggested]

EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

To start off the team, I have Latias Mega, you might think that the regular one is better. As for that, she is in every way. This set peaked my interest after KGBanter proposed it to me. I did some looking into this, and I saw promise. To talk about the set; Recover is there over Rest to give me max heaving potential, with out having to deal with sleep talk dealing me into rest. Refresh is to keep her healthy, which replaced sleep talk, in other words. healing her from Burn, Poison, or Paralysis. Stored Power serves for one purpose, and one alone. Maximum power, after a few boosts, you are hitting WAY harder then Psychic/Psychock will. But at the cost of having to set up, instead of right of the bat damage. Dragon Pulse can work here to hit everything that doesn't resist/are immune to it neutrally, and pretty hard. She's mostly going to be save for late game, when your foes walls an wall breakers are warn down. Heading you an easier time to clean house.

Nsfw Queen (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball / Focus Blast
- Healing Wish / Trick

From the looks of it Lil' Miss Garde here, has some amazing use as a scarf user. Not only can she take on Dark/Dragons pretty well, but she can also take on Poison. Which in itself isn't too difficult. Moon Blast is here to hit the foremost mentioned Super effective, and being resisted by Steel, Posion, and Fire. Psyshock was chosen over Psychic for Special walls, who are ballsy enough to switch into it. Dealing what I believe is more hefty. Energy ball is paired with Bolt Strike Victini, and Energy Ball Hoopa, to help me deal with Ground, Rock, and Water a bit easier. Focus Blast can replace Energy ball if you desire to have more leg room vs Steel/Normal. Healing Wish is my primary chance to revive my win-cons in a match. Trick can be used to take advantage of crippling a wall.

[Original Set]

Adora-Fairy (Jirachi) @ Expert Belt / Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Thunder Wave / Protect

[New set that Izaya suggested]

Adora-Fairy (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Toxic

Being my Fairy check, Jirachi is a monster. With the blessing from Arceus giving this little cute star the ability to flinch you 60% of the time, you'll be seeing a lot of rage, Hax beyond comprehension, and more rage. 80 Atk EVs with Expert Belt, is for him to be able to OHKO Diancie, with retaining the highest possible bulk. Leftovers is more usable if you want him to live longer. Wishwave (As I like to call it for Wish + Thunder Wave). Is incredibility invigorating for the opposing team, if they can't kill you. Iron head seals the deal with you being able to heal 50% of your HP, and Paraflinch your target. Protect is a more viable option for safer healing/Wish passing.

[Original Set]

Contract Killer (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic

[New set Izaya suggested]

Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Coming back from the pit of tartarus, we have Mr. Saved from being banned, himself. Hoopa-Unbound! Now that it is true, Specs can do the same thing Life Orb can do, but a tad better, with out the draw back of running Naive, over Timid. I choose Life Orb for the sheer consideration of having Gunk Shot. With a measly base 80 speed, Hoopa won't be able to revenge kill, so he's reversed to wall breaker. Dark Pulse, is there in junction of Psychic/Hyperspace hole. To take advantage of his ground breaking base 170 Special Attack. You can't scoff at his base 160 Attack either. With that said, Gunk Shot is mainly here for Grass/Fairy types. That it is true with Jirachi this might be pushing the boundary, but I see it as an opportunity to make sure I can get the win. Knock Off is also a good choice to deal with Normal more easily, and Doublade himself. Hyperspace Hole is able to break Sub, and Protect, which makes it an amazing choice over Psychic.

[Original Set]

Deck-lus (Mew) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 168 HP / 196 SpD / 144 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

[Set EVs Izaya suggested]

EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

My solution to everything! Nah, just kidding. This Mew is resolved to be my hazard removal, physical "check", and Bisharp/Gyarados checks. The reason I run 144 speed, is to creep BOTH Bisharp, Breloom, and Gyarados (Unboosted one at least). And being able to cripple them with WIll-O-Wisp. Knock off is here for preexisting measures that I have stated with Hoopa. Roost, is here for me to heal mew back to full health. You could remove some speed EVs off Mew to put them into HP/SpD to make her more of a tank.

900 Keyboards (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick / Blue Flare

NERD RAGE! *Smashes my keyboard* CRAP! I BROKE 900! OH GOD PLEASE NOOOO!!!! Alright, seriously though. The best Bug/Steel checker this team can wish for. With the power to nearly OHKO every Bug in the existing meta, Tini sits on his throne with being a threat. Choice scarf is of course complimented by his ability to be an amazing revenge killer. While V-Killer has power, it has draw backs. Lowing 3 of my stats down by one stage; Speed, Special Defense, and Defense. While scarfed it is possible for me to reach 327 speed, and use it again. But the chances of that are limited. Bolt Strike is here to annoy Flying, and Water. U-turn is to help me check other Hoopa-Unbounds, and a free pivot on Victini vs Victini. Trick is here to cripple walls, who may wall Victini.

With the ability to use SD, Bisharp is a HUGE threat to Psychic teams alone. Forcing Psychic teams to run enough speed EVs on mew to be able to Will-O-Wisp Them. With Defiant able to give him a free Swords dance boost, when switched into Mew's Defog, he can easily over take Mew with a Knoff, knocking off it's held item. Sucker Punch is able to at least OHKO everyone after one boost as well.

With the ability to boost it's own speed, this monstrosity can OHKO nearly everything on the team. If it uses Substitute, there's now way for the team to break said substitute. So it will clean sweep me. Though if Mew is able to live a hit with Colbur, I can Will-o-Wisp, and possibly, go into Victini to kill.

Little Alder's buddy here is able to set up a few quiver dances and reck mayhem on the team. My only "solid" answer would be Victini to resist Fiery Dance, but even then if it runs HP Ground, I'm taking a huge chuck of damage. I might have to look into a check for Volcarona, although it's not too terribly common. Still something to be wary of.

Concluding my current threat list, is Mega Gyarados. With the ability of Mold Break, he's able to run freely against defensive abilities. As I mentioned with Sub being common, it's able to predict my which, go into Sub then DD it's way to victory.

Another pesky threat with the ability speed boost. Wielding either Life Orb, or Choice Band. This little guy's Mega Horn is able to deal massive damage late game. But it's full potential is held back by a 80% chance to hit.

thanks to all of you, who gave me the courage to do this
MiyoKa
Symphonii
Zmeeed
KGBanter
TheAveng92R
And to all of those who I didn't list.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-457377938 Choke vs Symphonii
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-458217025 Close game vs Distro
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-458708698 Another choke but vs Oberyn's Water.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-458686624 A forgotten replay, that Zmeeed wants me to add.

EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Nsfw Queen (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish

Adora-Fairy (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Toxic

Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

900 Keyboards (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Last edited:
Hey! Thats a pretty solid team built around a pretty underrated but good mega latias set. One thing i'd change is the Hoopa-U set to Dark Pulse / Energy Ball / Drain Punch / Substitute. That helps you with the huge Bisharp problem you face rn, and also gives you a way to hit Heatran pretty hard for a 2HKO. Next, on Victini Trick is pretty much a wasted slot because its really one dimensional outside of crippling Chansey, which Hoopa hits anyway. I'd recommend switching it to Blue Flare, which gives you a strong STAB move thats way more reliable than V-Create late-game. It also pretty much wins against bug. One Mew i like speed creeping jolly mega gyarados, meaning it can't taunt or sub up on you, so i would switch it up to 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe with a Jolly nature. The last thing is regarding the slash between ebelt and leftovers on Jirachi, and i'd defo go with leftovers because it allows it to switch into moves much more easily because of the passive recovery. The 80 attack evs are kinda useless because jirachi can 1v1 earth power diancie with wish+protect and iron head. Good luck with the team!

Last edited:
Hey! Thats a pretty solid team built around a pretty underrated but good mega latias set. One thing i'd change is the Hoopa-U set to Dark Pulse / Energy Ball / Drain Punch / Substitute. That helps you with the huge Bisharp problem you face rn, and also gives you a way to hit Heatran pretty hard for a 2HKO. Next, on Victini Trick is pretty much a wasted slot because its really one dimensional outside of crippling Chansey, which Hoopa hits anyway. I'd recommend switching it to Blue Flare, which gives you a strong STAB move thats way more reliable than V-Create late-game. It also pretty much wins against bug. One Mew i like speed creeping jolly mega gyarados, meaning it can't taunt or sub up on you, so i would switch it up to 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe with a Jolly nature. The last thing is regarding the slash between ebelt and leftovers on Jirachi, and i'd defo go with leftovers because it allows it to switch into moves much more easily because of the passive recovery. The 80 attack evs are kinda useless because jirachi can 1v1 earth power diancie with wish+protect and iron head. Good luck with the team!
I will be adding them in Right now, thanks for the viable time, and information you have given me.

Hi! Izaya pretty much covered everything that I could've suggested but I have a few minor recommendations:
  • I suggest running U-Turn on Jirachi over Wish. I find Wish to be very useless in most games, given the offensive nature of Psychic teams, while the momentum that U-Turn provides can be incomparable as Jirachi tends to be useless against many offensive threats. U-Turn safely prevents them from switching in, without causing much risk for the user. Next, I would recommend Toxic over Thunder Wave / Protect. As useful as Thunder Wave can be, Toxic allows Jirachi to beat Defog users such as Zapdos, which is extremely important. It also beats defensive threats such as Porygon2. Lastly, I don't get why you need 80 Attack EVs..? You say you need it to hit Diancie but.. 0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 316-376 (131.1 - 156%) -- guaranteed OHKO. If you mean regular Diancie, the Attack EVs are completely useless as regular Diancie does NOT threaten Jirachi in the slightest, and is not common enough for such a specific spread.
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head
    - U-turn
    - Toxic
    good luck!

Last edited:
Hey man, this is a really cool team! I only have one suggestion for you since the rest were already stated above, but I'd highly reccomend BoltBeam over Stored Power + Refresh. This gives it good neutral coverage and prevents it from being completely hard walled and useless in certain matchups, like Dark, Fairy, and Steel. Other than that, this teams pretty cool, what does concern me however is the lack of Slowbro, which can really facilitate your time vs Mega Pedo and Dos (especially Substitute varients that have been becomg very common, which Mew cant touch) along with Ground Teams in general.

Hey Aehzo the team looks pretty good but here are a few suggestions I would make:

-Run 32 Special Attack in Victini so Blue Flare secures the ohko against Scarfed Heracross rather than leaving it to a role.
-I would also redo Mega Latias Evs to outpace base 80s while retaining as much bulk as it can, EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe with a Bold Nature
-On mew many Gyarados are starting to run Jolly so I would run 288 speed on mew but still male it specially bulky, EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpD / 208 Spe with a Calm Nature. Then I would consider replacing Knock Off for Taunt as it can prevent hazards from being removed or set and will not allow set up sweepers to get around mew. I know that set makes Mew taunt bait but Mew outspeeds a majority of taunters except Cobalion and Infernape.
What specifics are you outspeeding exactly with these spreads?

DISTROBRO

Banned deucer.
First time posting in those.

Isn't Substitute better than Refresh on that kind of set? All I know is Fire has a horrible time dealing with sub/set-up.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I have one suggestion for the team which are Victini's EVs
Run 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Speed Jolly nature as it allows Victini's Blue Flare to knock out scarfed heracross 100% of the time.
Calc
32 SpA Victini Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)