SM PU VoltTurn + Jellicent Specs

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
VoltTurn + Jellicent Specs

Introduccion
Welcome to my First RMT! today I am going to show you my PU Team, My main idea of the team was to make a VoltTurn team with a Scyther + Lanturn Core that complements very well Offensively and then add support with the other pokes, at first the Team was for a TeamTour of a Hispanic Community and then I tried it a bit on tours of the PU room and sent me to the Top10 of Tours.

Team Building Procces

My main idea was to make a VoltTurn Easy and Fun to use for that week and I came up with the idea of the easiest Core Lanturn and Scyther, which complement each other well.

After having the Core I saw a Weakness to the Rock Type and the Fight, which I had to solve with Mudsdale besides being the Team Rocker and a Support for the Physical Offensive pokemon.

Jellicent Specs Complements Well with the team leaving few weaknesses, Supports very well Offensively Breaking Stall very easily and is also able to check very well the fight guys who try to throw Stab.

The Weakness to the Type Plant was very noticeable in the Team and since I had to stop the fire and fighting type that annoy Sandlola I decided to put Scarf, In addition to serving as speed control and Checks of Fairy and Flying types and plants it serves me as Hazard Removal.

Hitmonchan entered the team well since he had no weakness that the others did not cover and in the metagame now it goes very well with the departure of Froslass and quagsire, the AV Set I like and Hit almost the entire Goal currently and having no problems to enter or exit I decided to place it as the last poke.

Team in Depth

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

Starting the Volt-Turn Team With Scyther I thought it was a good idea besides being very good in this metagame, I was in doubt of putting Scarf or Band, I decided to make the team more offensive and more offensive the Core Volt-turn Upon entering the field, the Band makes it scary to sweep in Late Game since the Stab + Technician makes it possible to take several pokemon at the end without problems

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The idea of the team was to make a Volt-turn team Easy and Fun Where we could win momentum Whenever we need it, for that job I put the core Vol-Turn of PU par excellence Lanturn and Scyther which cover the weaknesses and can support any to any poke to go off offensively and sweep as long as you can.

Mudsdale @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Mudsdale one of the best Hazard Stack of the tier par excellence besides being one of the Physical Pokemon Counters that give my core Volt-Turn problem, I put Mudsdale to not have problems with the Rock type like RegiRock or Lycanroc and Having Support Against the Fight Type.

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Jellicent fit the team perfectly, giving balance to the Weakness of the Water Type and Helping with the fighting guys, In addition to being the Swepper or the Stall Breaker of the Team par excellence Making Sweeping with the Core Volt-Turn easier to do, also It serves as a Spin Blocker that you see trying to remove the rocks with pokes like Hitmonchan or Sandslash making it possible to have a free turn and break.

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

The Weakness to the Type Plant was very noticeable in the Team and since I had to stop the fire and fighting type that annoy Sandlola I decided to put Scarf, In addition to serving as speed control and Checks of Fairy and Flying types and plants it serves me as Hazard Removal.

Hitmonchan (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Hitmonchan entered the team well since he had no weakness that the others did not cover and in the metagame now it goes very well with the departure of Froslass and quagsire, the AV Set I like and Hit almost the entire currently metagame and having no problems to enter or exit I decided to place it as the last poke.

Threats

If we lose Hitmonchan or Rocks in the field, it could be a problem, especially Double Dance.

Gastrodon is Hard to Break unless it is with Jellicent Shadow Ball or Throwing Toxic with Mudsdale, the Solo could Stall the Complete Team.

Without Jellicent or Mudsdale to throw Toxic, That Thing is very difficult to stop Thanks to its good Defensives Stats.

Sun and Rains Teams

Trick Rooms Teams

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-988977839

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-989010962

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-988760352

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-988417136

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

Mudsdale @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Hitmonchan (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hi, I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help. Have a nice day :)

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello RahelGamer03,

Cool team Idea with the VoltTurn core into a powerful wallbreaker. The team archetype is nothing new but in my opinion is still one of the funnest teams to build with all the choices of wallbreakers and set sweepers or other types of win conditions. The sets you chose for the most part seem pretty good nothing too questionable in that regard the only really big flaw I can see is the lack of true hazard removal. Even specially defensive Alolan Sandslash fails to spin on most spinblockers so you can see the problem with having Choice Scarf Alolan Sandslash as the only form of hazard removal. Very solid hazard removal on a team like this, and your team in particular, is fundamental and incredibly important for a few reasons. Scyther is pretty notable for needed Stealth Rock to stay at bay for it to function through out a battle, but that isn't even the only reason you would want a good Defog or Rapid Spin user. VoltTurn is literally designed to repeatedly switch in and out racking up chip damage and gaining momentum, so having to constantly switch into Spikes and/or Stealth Rock is very troublesome. The last big thing is your choice of wallbreaker. Jellicent should be fine as a breaker on your team, but once again it relies on having high HP to do big damage which hazards will hinder its ability to do.

Pokemon Changes:

:sandslash-alola: ---> :articuno:
:sm/articuno:
Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell / U-turn

Articuno may seem like a strange choice as defogger for your team as it is weak to Rock-types but it actually does some cool things, especially when paired with other forms of removal. A nice thing here is that it helps in beating Gastrodon which your team sorta struggles with, but it also helps in bringing in Rock-types for Jellicent or lanturn, which is what makes U-turn cool on the set here. I put Heal Bell on the set because Toxic is a bit of a problem and you can always make smart doubles to get Jellicent in and Scyther does also does this, however U-turn is still an option if you are not comfortable with making doubles and want to be on the safe side.

Set Changes:

:scyther:
:sm/scyther:
Scyther @ Choice Band ---> Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

Having this fast speed control is way more beneficial for you than having another choice item breaker. This helps in checking Rock Polish Torterra as well as giving you a win condition which the team kinda lacks out side of chipping with Stealth Rock and VoltTurn and hoping Mach Punch can kill what Scyther or Alolan Sandslash could not.

:hitmonchan:
:sm/hitmonchan:
Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 156 HP / 224 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge ---> Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch ---> Rapid Spin

You had some some pretty specific EVs on your Hitmonchan set but never really explained why you had them as such, so if there are reasons you had them as such there is no real harm in putting them back the way you had them. This is the standard spread which appears like it will serve your team just fine. Rapid Spin is the big mandatory change here. Like I stated eariler in the post, you really want solid hazard removal and Hitmonchan + Articuno really achieve that nicely as Hitmonchan pressures Alolan Sandslash and Rock-types an Articuno puts the Pressure(pun intended) on Torterra and Mudsdale. Ice Punch looks like it was for Torterra but you really want to pressure Jellicent and you have both Scyther and Aticuno to help check Torterra with these changes so I really have to suggest keeping Thunder Punch here.

Team Changes <-- Click for importable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)