ORAS Ubers Volt-Turn Ubers Team! - The Come-Back! (Pkd 1778)

RMT Voltturn petit.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yveltal's wasting space with Their wings again, but oh well ^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Everyone! it's antacool back, bringing a whole new Ubers team. I hope you will appreciate reading my RMT! Like in older RMTs I made all my efforts to make this one enjoyable, fun to read, but also serious in descriptions, about the choices, sets, etc.

This is a quite original Ubers team, since it's based on a very common strategy in ORAS but yet absent in Ubers metagame: Volt-Turn. Because, yeah, of the big presence of Primal-Groudon in ORAS (I teach nothing until now), who resists U-Turn and is immunized to Volt Switch; but also the difficulty to stack and maintain hazards with the big presence of Defog users. These are as well good check to both U-Turn and Volt Switch (Giratina-O, Dragon Arceus for example). Last point is the lack of Ubers Pokemon who has access to Volt-Turn, since the most used and viable ones (Arceus, Pdon, Xerneas, Ho-Oh...) don't learn any of these 2 moves.
However, after different tests, I finally built a nice 4-Pokemon Volt-Turn core fulfilling different roles for the Team: Scarf Lando-T, LO Zekrom, Charti Berry Yveltal, and Mega-Scizor. They can deal with common threats and in particular S ranks threats + most A Ranks nicely.
1778 was my best ELO with the team (I would have probably peaked 1800 without a mattered Bolt Strike miss, but anyway I'm antacool), and it has reached Finals in the last Saturday's 32 players WE Tourn (lost also cause of Hax, you guessed it). With these results, I think that this team is viable enough to have a good dedicated RMT and to convince you that using Volt-Turn with success in Ubers is not impossible!
Also, finally, Shoutouts to lots of people and in particular the ones who encourage me to do this RMT (players will be recognized ;] ). Like anyone, I'm growing and playing Pokemon all days is not anymore what I can do. I have yet a full time job, and lots of stuff to do (like playing Pokemon GO), even if nowadays I still can find a bit of time to play on PS, notably in week-ends, and RMT sometimes which I always appreciate to do.

Anyway with the Intro finished, let's take a look on the following Rubbers!

COOL RUBBERS

balance2.jpg

In a replay below

Spr_6x_645T_s.png
U-Turn user number 1.
Starting with Samqian2's stuff. Choice Scarf Landorus-T is one of the best pivot in the entire game. It has very nice and balanced stats, a great base 145 Attack, and a powerful STAB which is Earthquake. Lando-T's Roles? It can lead, check and/or Intimidate a threat, Revenge Kill, scout, weaken P-Groudon, deal with Darkrai... oh well lots of roles actually.

Spr_6x_645T_s.png
Spr_6x_212M.png

U-Turn user number 2.
After the choice of a fast U-Turn user I needed a slow one. Slow U-Turn gives you a safe switch whether the opponent switches out or not. I choose Mega-Scizor since I needed a Xerneas check, a priority user, and a response to Extreme Killer Arceus thanks to nice natural Bulk and good raw Power, plus access to Superpower.

Spr_6x_645T_s.png
Spr_6x_212M.png

U-Turn user number 3.
Yveltal can deal with annoying Ghost types who resists U-Turn (also Earthquake for some), and it can Foul Play very hasty sweepers who tends to boost up on my two first members. After trying the LO Offensive one, I opted for Support Foul Play Yveltal with a Charti Berry since SD Arceus-Ground caused too many problems vs the Team. U-Turn is useful for obvious Xern, Tyranitar and Keys switch-ins.

Spr_6x_645T_s.png
Spr_6x_212M.png

The Volt Switcher.
This is more or less the only Ubers Pokemon who has access to Volt Switch. But I choose Zekrom because no one uses it mostly for Its good Wall-breaking abilities. Zekrom is known to be one of the harder Pokemon to place on the field in Ubers because of common Fairy, Dragon and Ground weaknesses. But it profits entirely from U-Turn support and helps the Team eliminate key Threats: Ho-Oh, Lugia, Primal Kyogre, Giratina, Facade / Refresh Mega-Salamence or even Klefki! A mixed LO set is opted for the surprise factor and for wall-breaking purposes.

Spr_6x_645T_s.png
Spr_6x_212M.png
383PMS.png
The Pdon.
Yes it's ORAS Ubers. Yes it's the best Stealth Rock setter. Yes, he has to be in my team in order to check HP Fire Xerneas, Primal-Kyogre, or Ferrothorn. Everything is said, Primal-Groudon is my 5th member.

Spr_6x_645T_s.png
Spr_6x_212M.png
383PMS.png 92px-493Arceus_Dragon_Dream.png
The Arceus.
Finally we needed our Arceus and both versions can be used there for checking Ho-Oh, Primal-Groudon, Rayquaza and Mega-Salamence who all eat U-Turns for breakfast, and Defog away hazards: Draco or Splash Plate. I decided to present the team with Dragceus since I got a bit more success with it despite the additional Ice weakness, after James Jimmy's good advises. This version tends to be right now one of my favourite Support Arceus after Psych Up Fireceus.

And level 16 tho
Btw Dragonite was a lvl???? wild Parisian Pokemon :D

Screenshot_2016-09-04-19-50-21_resized.png

Shoutout to Burnt Ice :p

20160826_234110_resized.jpg

20160811_235932_resized.jpg

| ~~The Come-Back: Presentation of the Team~~ ^

Russian Pram (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Quite standard set. Choice Scarf Landorus-T has great Power and Speed and is a solid user of U-Turn. We all know this Pokemon, if we played a minimum of OU games or Samqian2's Team in Ubers. But anyway, this is what I call "The Pokemon to do everything" because it does always something useful in every match I did.
Earthquake is the main STAB which hits lots of Pokemon in Ubers, and notably hard the even more present Primal-Groudon. Stone Edge is needed for Flying Types such as Ho-Oh, Yveltal (a big threat if offensive), Adamant Rayquaza after 1 Dragon Dance and Shaymin-Sky that Lando outspeeds thanks to Choice Scarf. It hits as well Mega-Salamence... but yeah. It's better using something else since it's so bulky after Intimidate so just click U-Turn on it. BTW U-Turn is very useful here. It hits hard and outspeeds Deoxys-A, Mewtwo, Latios, and Darkrai, while avoiding a powerful incoming hit next turn. Also it puts them of the Range at Mega-Scizor's Bullet Punch KO. So welp, several good reasons to use U-Turn on this Pokemon. Sleep Talk, so it can be used as an emergency Sleep absorber, even if Lando-T is not really the best Pokemon to send into Darkrai but I guess, it works. I would have consider Explosion instead in order to help vs SD Arceus, giving my team opportunities to use even more optimized sets, but Darkrai is too threatening and quite common so...
Intimidate is a great ability still, mostly for weakening opposite Extreme Speed power; even if the impact of -1 Attack isn't that big compared than in OU, with all the Swords Dancer in Ubers Tiers up-passing easily the drop.
NB: Russian Pram is a "Frenglish" pun, because Landorus sound like in French "Landeau Russe", which means in English Russian Pram (a ladder player once guessed it nicely tho gg)

Heavy Metal (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower / Pursuit
- Roost

"Nope Antacool Mega-Scizor's ability is Light Metal" - From a Ladder player
Shoutouts to Mega-Scizor lovers. Scizor is the Mega and Steel type of the team, and is an extremely important member here. Since all of my 5 other Pokemon can deal more or less nicely with Primal-Groudon, I can afford this great set for following reasons.
U-Turn deals heavy damage to Psychic and Dark Types as well as frail Pokemon, but is here mostly for "Slow U-Turn support", meaning you can put another teammate on the field safely (looking at you Sir BoltMiss Zekrom) after an obvious opposite swap. This move is also particularly useful vs a Toxic Staller such as Lugia, Support Dragon Arceus or Klefki who all move first, to preserve precious HPs on my 2 Ground Type Pokemon.
Bullet Punch is very useful and yet powerful Priority in order to take out LO Deo-A, Geomancy Xerneas, Focus Sashed Rayquaza and other stuff.
Superpower is an additional coverage move useful at hitting Extreme Killer Arceus for a good chunk, Steel Types such as Ferrothorn, and Chansey hard.
Roost paired with the EVs investment is chosen for absorbing even more hits such as ScarfXern's Moonblasts and Mega-Diancie hits along the game.
A definitely great Pokemon, too bad it suffers from severe "4-MoveSlots-Syndrom" since Pursuit would have been a great option for Latios and Mega-Gengar (who threatens Dragon Arceus), or Toxic for annoying Ground Type and Support Arceus on the switch, or even Swords Dance since I lack of a boosting Sweeper in my team. I have just tried Pursuit as another option instead yet.

When u forgot Cook (Yveltal) @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Def / 168 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn

Like it or not, Ygod has always been a nice Pokemon in Ubers for me. It can play various roles in the meta with a quite large Movepool. This is a dedicated set I built after experience with Volt-Turn in Ubers. It's sort of Speedy Staller like Lugia is.
Foul Play is a powerful move and at least a great Value for what you invest (Hitting Hard without Attack EV's, engineering stuff blah blah). 88 HP and 252+ Def helps Yveltal survive E-Speed from Adamant Life Orb Extreme Killer Arceus at +2, and Stone Edge thanks to Charti Berry after Stealth Rock Damage. 168 Speed EV's gives Yveltal great chances at outspeeding base 90's, and in particular Swords Dance Primal Groudon who can invest lots of Speed. Foul Play hits those common physical sweepers hard, as well as Giratina-O.
Yveltal can also use U-Turn on a Xerneas before Geomancy in case it tries to Double switch predicting Scizor. U-Turn gives momentum as well vs Klefki and Tyranitar, plus escapes Destiny Bond or Perish Song Mega-Gengar. Toxic poisons Fat Pokemon such as support Arceus-Ground, other Yveltal, and most Defog users actually.
Roost for obvious Recovery, too bad I lack Taunt sometimes.
Older set, Assault Vest Yveltal for Latios, Darkrai and non Knock-Off other LO Yveltal (common it's not bad tho!)

Dedenne Fodder (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch <-- not in Yellow as you can see
- Bolt Strike <-- misses 100% when you try peaking 1800
- Draco Meteor <-- misses 100% when you try winning Tourn
- Thunder Wave <-- ****Magic****

Zekrom, the Pokemon we all love and we all hate at Strategy Ubers at the same time.
Since I'm using Volt-Turn, I missed a VOLT turner. This is where I choose Zekrom thanks to very powerful double Dragon and Electric STABs, and Zekrom is a Pokemon I wanted to use since a very long time (since early Gen 6 maybe)! Everyone sees this Pokemon at Physical Choice Scarf Sweeper, or maybe Hone Claws boosting setup, but I wanted to be a bit original and opted for Mixed Attacker.
Rash Nature and investments give Zekrom 354 stats into Attack and Special Attack giving the equivalent of 470 thanks to Life Orb Boosts! This is great since Zekrom can lure most Electric-spam checks with a powerful STAB Draco Meteor (Giratina-O, Non-EQ Mega-Salamence and overconfident Primal-Groudon), and Bolt Strike still deal tons to what it is aimed to be hit with. Speed is making you sure outspeeding most Ho-Oh and non Timid Primal-Kyogre. Volt Switch, while quite hard to use, is still useful vs a Bulky Pokemon such as Ferrothorn or Will-O-Wisp Arceus-Rock that Zekrom can't touch very much, or other non-Immunized to Electric Pokemon. Thunder Wave is my little touch of originality, since it wrecks Deoxys-S lead who doesn't have the idea to Taunt a rare Zekrom. Proceeded to win my games vs Classic HO with. It also paralyzes several Arceus forms or Scarf Xerneas on the switch which is always useful. Tailwind can be used instead, but I don't like the only 3 turns as it provided and Yellow Magic is one of the best move in the game :p
#ZekromUsedInLateORASdone

Contrary V-Create (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 216 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Not very original Pokemon instead of the Nickname (at least something original). Great set tho Magsyy
Welp, Primal-Groudon is Primal-Groudon. It's a Primal-Groudon doing what a Primal-Groudon has to do.
I needed a solid Stealth Rock setter to make use at maximum effectiveness passive damage thanks to Volt-Turn (High rate of U-Turn, sorry not a funny pun). There it is. With the bulky investment I have many opportunities to setup Rocks even if I'm trying keeping P-Groudon as long as possible in the battle, because without Stealth Rock my Team is pretty much in a bad position vs other bulky Teams. The Roar version ensures me not be swept by Geomancy Xerneas packing Hidden Power Fire, beating my Mega-Scizor. Roar also acts as pseudo Volt-Turn (kind of) but it's really mostly for phazing setup Sweepers in a such offensive oriented Metagame. Precipices Blades is a nice STAB, Lava Plume as well, since it can weakens Defoggers and Arceus Ground with the chance of burns and it beats most Steel type Pokemon. This is also my safest switch-in into CM Timid Primal-Kyogre and one of the Pokemon who can survive Kyurem-White's assaults.

Drugceus (Arceus-Dragon) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

So I herd u liek support Dragons
Shoutout to you James Jimmy. Last but not least, our Check to Volt-Stopper Groudon-Primal, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and EQ Mega-Salamence. Arceus-Dragon is the support Defogger in the team and does nicely what it has to do. The only problem of using this version is bringing the team an additionnal Draco and Ice weaknesses, but the most important roles are ensured: Defog Rocks, Toxic Groudon and Ho-Oh, take out opposite Dragons with a Draco Plate Judgement. This set cannot touch at all Diancie and Klefki, hopefully, my other teammates can deal with them nicely, so the given synergy is quite cool I guess. Don't forget to Recover for days.
Arceus Water is another option to consider if you fear Kyurem-White. But it's more passive and not that good with Volt-Turn strategy. Up to you!
NB: Can be renamed Ghost God, it still works

images.jpg

Powerful offensive sweepers packing Dark, Dragon or Ice are really tough to check: Max speed LO Yveltal, Soul Dew HP-Fire Latios and Kyurem-White are the biggest ones. The ways for dealing with them are Revenge killing / Pressuring with Rocks + U-Turn and predict the Draco Meteor on Mega-Scizor for the 2 lasts Pokemon. Pdon's bulk and Bullet Punch can help too.

(Holy Break Z Bugceus, shoutout)

SD Arceus forces me to use Charti Yveltal since a weak move like U-Turn or Volt Switch gives a free Swords Dance turn. Mention as well to bulky Ground Arceus, when in a well-built stall Team (with a cleric), can give the team serious headaches.

I'm not that weak to Mega-Gengar thanks to U-Turn escaping it's annoying D-Bond, however it's still a threatening specially offensive Sweeper and it traps to death Arceus-Dragon.

Aaaaaand...

upload_2016-9-6_0-30-45.jpeg

74759-200.png

Vs TheChampofMons (the Thunder Wave giving turn for Defog tho)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-430336104

Vs khaled90 + Prove of Peak. With a 119 turns Stall war.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-430893706

Vs XCello gg
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-430938439

Vs Xerniesfor******
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-425064997

Vs Eeveening. Annoying haxx ruining the rest of the match.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-430343657

Vs THE *** POUNDER
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-430310644

Vs LinearCurve
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-430103622

Vs Kpar
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-425341810

Vs Santinogomez, I had fun with Grassceus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-424317683

Conclusion:

Antacool used U-Turn! Comments, likes, critics, and suggests will be appreciatively sent in the field!

Shoutouts to all Ubers frens (see older RMT Stayin' innovative), players, and Smogon staff!

Thank you for reading my RMT :]

Attachments

Pastebin:

Dedenne Fodder (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Russian Pram (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This team is pretty weak to offensive Dark-types - your only Dark resist is a defensive Yveltal that can't really touch an opposing Yveltal or a Darkrai. While you do have a Sleep Talk Scarfer to help some against Darkrai, your lack of good Dark Pulse switch-in will make actually stopping it very difficult.

The obvious solution to this would be a Fairy-type. There are two ways you could go about this: you could replace Mega Scizor with Klefki or Landorus-T with Scarf Xerneas. You could probably get away with using Xerneas since fast Charti Yveltal + Dragonceus + Zekrom lure should be adequate Groudon coverage, and judging from your writeup you seem like you want to keep Scizor, so we'll do that. If you do decide to use Klefki, you should switch Arceus-Dragon to Arceus-Water to preserve Diancie coverage. This would also free up the Mega slot, which you could experiment with.

While Thunder Wave on Zekrom is cute, I don't see what it accomplishes that simply throwing out an attack wouldn't. You could consider Tailwind or Roost there instead. Tailwind can let Zekrom potentially sweep and could let you experiment with using a more offensive SR Groudon to take advantage of it, or you can use Roost which would let Zekrom stick around longer against stall and potentially be a better check to mono-attacking Salamence. Either works here.

Good luck with the team!

Won Thursday's Tourn with a new version, Scarf Xern > Scarf Lando-T and I kept Scizor
Thank you for your help Fireburn!

Keck Zek (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Volt Switch
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind

OrXern (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Megahorn
- Sleep Talk

Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-433629272
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-433624390
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-433609181

i feel like mega mawile would fit in this team, or something like clefable to stop yveltal, life orb darkrai is also a problem because even with sleep talk lando you can't afford a dark pulse.
i also think that u-turn-wish jirachy might be good for this team, even it would mean another weakness to dark.
i also tried roost for zekrom and some more hp evs to tank band ho-oh so that i can switch in more safely!
as always well done with the team antacool!

grats from italy

Last edited:
Antacool Nice Team , It is Rare to see VoltTurn Teams on Ubers which can able to Keep the Offensive Momentum. Also i will Rate Briefly about this Team Later.Also Try to Visit Pokemon Online.

Antacool After i Looked this team Briefly , I can Able to see that Most of Your pokes are Weak to Hard-Hitting Dark and Dragon Types , Even Ice Attacks can weak u. I Love the Strategic point of this team but I Will suggest Something to Remove Those probs.

1.) As FireBurn said , Use a Scarf Xerneas instead of Scarf Lando T. MoonBlast and Sleep Talk is okay on a Scarf Xern to Deal with Dark Dragon types and Kills Darkrai ezily.

2.) This team is also V Weak to Opposing Stalls because there is nothing to Pressure the Opponent. So I Suggest you to Remove Mega Scizor and add a Life Orb Ho-Oh with Twave or Roost Support ( Ability Regenerator ). This can hard hit Stalls and Works as a Fairy Attack Absorber.Or Even try a Banded ho-oh. Ho Oh already have a Natural Special Defense and Lot of HP to Tank SpAtks.

3.) This is a Very Main Thing . Remove Zekrom. Add a Mega Ampharos with Bold Nature 252 HP 252 Defense. With Sleep Talk , Volt Switch , Dragon Pulse and Rest. Try this thing out.

4.) You got Mega Ampharos now , So Ho-Oh Won't be a Problem anymore , Also 3 Pokemon's are weak to Fairies and that's bad because of the Raise of Xern. To Take a Neutral damage from Fairies and Put a Lot of Pressure against Pdon , I Suggest you a Special GroundCeus over DragonCeus , Timid Nature 252 speed 252 SpA . moves are Defog , Ice beam , Judgement and Recover. So 2 mons are Only weak to Fairies which is Covered by Ho Oh and Pdon anyway .

So Play your Volt Turn game around Yveltal and Mega Ampharos. Every Mons doesnt have to carry a U turn or a Volt Switch for Momentum. These Mons are okay to Do a Volt Turn switch for Offensive Presence. The Remaining Mons can Deal with Most of the teams Very well , I Hope You Like my Suggestion. Also i Suggested Mega Ampharos bcoz Ik that u like Strategy and a Uncommon way to Win Battles. Also Good Work Antacool ( when tf r u going to visit Pokemon online xD ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)