SS OU VIKAVOLT EXTREME HAZARDSTACK (1800s)

Choose a Buff For Vikavolt

• +50 Speed

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Sheer Force

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Quiver Dance

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Magnet Pull

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Change type to Ground/Flying and receive Intimidate

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • None, Vikavolt is perfect

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
:vikavolt: Vikavolt Extreme Hazardstack :vikavolt:

6yrz1t.jpeg

Introduction
Finally back on that 'mons grind after a break, and I've created the ultimate hazardstack team. It started off with me wanting to experiment with webs. Usually, webs is a very offensively-geared playstyle that involves a websetter and 5 abusers: Ribombee + Lando + Kart + GZap + Nidoking etc. However, it's a very flawed strategy because of the introduction of boots on 99% of teams, and is also very matchup dependent. Hence, I ditched Ribombee in favour of the bulkier Vikavolt and started to build a BO around it. I didn't even intend to put every single hazard in the game (bar max steelspike or whatever it's called) but I ended up doing so on accident. Looking back, I think this team definitely needs another knock off user to remove boots, so definitely try using knock off on either Pex or Ferro. Enjoy.

Pokepaste
https://pokepast.es/cad513fcbb918164

Proof of peak: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1697932115

Team Analysis

Call My Bluff @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon / Dragon Pulse

- Earth Power

Specs Heatran has been explored a lot throughout gen 8, and although far less common than lefties or air balloon, still very threatening in many games. It synergises well with most of the hazards featured on the team: rocks chips SpDef Landorus allowing for Tran to OHKO sooner, spikes and rocks together allows Tran to threaten bulky waters such as Toxapex and Fini, and webs allows Tran to outspeed checks such as Garchomp, Urshifu and modest Pult aiming to live a hit. I usually find myself using Heatran in the midgame with doubles on opposing Corv, since my other 2 breakers struggle against Corv unboosted. Additionally, you'll soon see that my breakers in the team all have a way to beat common OU defoggers or wear them down. Tran is no exception, beating Corv, slower Lando and Zapdos, as well as forcing Torn to switch. It also doubles up as a Volcarona stop since you might want to use Garchomp to check their Heatran or Zeraora. Finally, it synergises well with Weavile as it chips Fini and also comes in on Weavile's checks if you double out, such as Melmetal and Buzzwole (make sure webs are up against Buzzwole). I like timid over modest so you can outspeed Zapdos.

252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 306-360 (80.1 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 400-472 (104.4 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 126-149 (41.4 - 49%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tapu Fini: 118-139 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Scrape It Off @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm / Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Scald / Knock Off

- Recover

Firstly, I think knock is definitely better than scald even though the pokepaste has scald. This is because you need a way to remove boots, specifically Torn's boots, so that Heatran can OHKO after getting knocked off. Knock is also nice to remove Glowking's AV for Tran. Anyways, max SpDef means the team doesn't instantly fold to ghost spam and Volcanion, and toxic is preferred over haze to be slightly less passive and to poison stuff like Torn, Volcanion, and most importantly, Weavile. Tspike synergises nicely with the defensive core, as to beat Lele + Pult you need to stall them out with poison. Tspike is also very useful in the Buzzwole matchup, where slightly more damage allows Weavile to OHKO earlier. Finally, to add a little flavour to an otherwise bland mon, I put Payapa Berry which allows you to Toxic opposing Lele, and also beats future sight cores easier. Scald can be useful against Nidoking, but other than that, I recommend knock. (Note: the pokepaste has the wrong nature for Pex, unless you opt to use knock off in place of scald).

• • •

Neck & Wrist @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off

- Ice Shard

The main breaker / speed control of the team. Because of +2 triple axel's power, the opponent may just have to sack a mon whenever Weav comes in and slowly wear it down with hazards and LO chip. Remember that Weav also has an important defensive niche vs choice-locked Lele, as well as shadow balls. Unfortunately, adamant is slower than Torn, so feel free to use Jolly. Against Mel matchups, I use Weav as an early game breaker to get knocks off on Mel and friends, which allow Vikavolt and Ferro to wear down Mel easier. Against weather, Weav's ice shard can be very useful such as vs Venu, Drill, Dracozolt, and even Skewda. Also, Weavile is crucial for beating HO due to its priority which means you'll always be safe vs SD Chomp. Earlier I said that all the breakers in the team can deal with defoggers, and Weav is no exception. It lures Corv with +2 LO OHKOing some variants, and also beats the other birds that try to defog (Torn, Zap, Lando). Sometimes, I'll sack Weavile to chip Clef so that Garchomp can clean later, or vice versa.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 366-438 (91.5 - 109.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 315-375 (89.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

• • •

Diet Coke @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Toxic / Bug Buzz

- Roost

"You ordered Diet Coke, that's a joke, right?"

Vikavolt finds a niche on this team as a check to various threats in the metagame, including Kart, Rilla, Mel (kind of), Lando, TankChomp, Ferro, Buzzwole, and Magnezone to some extent. Out of these mons, the only mon that Vikavolt checks that Zapdos doesn't is Buzzwole (though Zapdos has an overall good matchup vs it). So one might just dismiss Vikavolt as a purely inferior Zapdos. That is, until you realise that this creature somehow qualifies as a spider and has the move sticky web. Toxic seems redundant with tspike and toxic on pex, but it hits Lando and allows it to beat SpDef Chomp. Bug Buzz is defintely an option to beat lead Mew that try to taunt you, and more importantly, OHKO Weavile for a nice trade. Not much to say here, since aside from webs, Vikavolt sort of functions as a bootleg Zapdos. Note that you might need webs to outspeed their Mel.

• • •

Brambleton @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip

- Body Press / Knock Off

A little disclaimer: I hate using rocky helmet Ferro on 99% of teams. I think lefties is absolutely needed to actually check mons in the long term, as sometimes you can't get leech seeds off, such as vs opposing Ferro or Clef. However, on a more offensive team like this, lefties doesn't matter as much, so I decided to run helmet to punish u-turns and Weavile. Power Whip is there so you don't get 6-0d by CM Fini, and double hazards help your breakers break. Keep Ferro healthy vs Koko, hail, and Weavile.

• • •

DreaminOfThePast @ Life Orb

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

- Aqua Tail

Behold: SD Garchomp without scale shot. Looks like a garbage set but I assure you, I don't miss having to click scale shot vs. Zapdos and hope not to get 2 hits. The speed boost isn't necessary on this team seeing as you have webs already, and stone edge is cool because you kill Zapdos with prior chip, preventing defog. Aqua Tail is mostly for Lando, but also hits balloon Tran, Hippo, and is funny because sometimes, vs Lando, they hardswitch Lele to tank the scale shot, only to get OHKOd by aqua tail. Unfortunately, the set struggles more vs Corv and Ferro, which is why Weavile is LO to lure those guys and kill them. I usually lead Chomp since they usually lead Tran on an anticipated Vikavolt lead, and if they lead Lando, Vikavolt is free to switch in and get up webs. Usually, spikes support isn't needed for Chomp but without fire fang, spikes can be very useful to chip Ferro.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 253-298 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 198-233 (49.5 - 58.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Threatlist

:nidoking: Bad
:tornadus-therian: Nothing outspeeds, and also he gets rid of your hazards. Probably the toughest OU mon to deal with, but manageable with all your breakers
:landorus-therian: Specifially, stone edge Lando. Not horrible but annoying, since you have to take damage on Ferro
:excadrill: Unfortunately, this team is very very weak to drill, and it coincidentally also removes hazards.
:garchomp: SD chomp is annoying, though you have Weav, but tankchomp + flamethrower is even worse as nothing on your team really switches into it.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1697932115
:heatran: :toxapex: :weavile: :vikavolt: :ferrothorn: :garchomp:
VS
:hydreigon: :urshifu: :slowking-galar: :tapu koko: :hippowdon: :corviknight:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1697883858-4ys49bmz08sea8w0w7v71wzpzofxrijpw
VS
:dragapult: :landorus-therian: :tapu lele: :ferrothorn: :heatran: :kommo-o:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1697874553-py4jc1v8xkadp1uu843cy0lu96kyv9rpw
VS
:aegislash: :dragapult: :weavile: :garchomp: :ferrothorn: :zapdos:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1697861672-jx25cs3e8s6gj7bcz5ou4aa41qvq8klpw
VS
:zygarde-10%: :corviknight: :blissey: :toxapex: :ditto: :clefable:

Love this team. I had to tweak it myself, I can't bring myself to run toxic + t spikes on pex and I found the petaya berry never came up so I switched to scald/knock/t spike/recover with black sludge.

Still really fun, might try ferro with knock over BP. And eruption catches so many Landos on the switch it's insane

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
Love this team. I had to tweak it myself, I can't bring myself to run toxic + t spikes on pex and I found the petaya berry never came up so I switched to scald/knock/t spike/recover with black sludge.

Still really fun, might try ferro with knock over BP. And eruption catches so many Landos on the switch it's insane
yeah pex set depends on personal preference, knock is def. good on that team tho. Glad you enjoyed the team :)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hey there someidiot19,

VERY COOL TEAM. I'm pretty sure I've played this exact team on the ladder last month. As soon as Sticky Web is set (Which could be difficult depending on the lead), whoever is coming out to Defog is probably getting killed and either Garchomp / Weavile will be at +2 with Swords Dance. I can see where the success to reach the 1800s is coming from.

In terms of threats I do believe Tornadus-Therian is annoying as can be especially Nasty Plot variants I can see cause an issue (Especially if they have Focus Blast) but thankfully Tornadus-Therian's most common set is the (Pivot / Defogger variant) so it shouldn't be an issue but just keep an eye out. Also Scarfed Mamoswine is a good cleaner to this team once Vikavolt is out, I don't know if I would call it a threat but I can see it having a easy time with the team since there aren't any Defoggers (Entry damage for Weavile, Chomp, and Pex) and with a combination with Magnezone (To take care of Ferrothorn).

My recommendations:
Heatran looks good, I think the Specs set is underrated, Eruption hits like a brick. I would only recommend to go with Flash Cannon > Dragon Pulse just to hit Fairies / Tyranitar and overall a great stab move with the opportunity for a Special Defense drop.

As Ziggy said above, Toxic / Toxic Spikes is kind of OD for me personally, I do believe it would be better suited to go with one (depending on your playstyle) and whichever one you drop to go with Knock Off and Scald over either Toxic / Toxic Spikes. This will allow Pex to get burns and knock off potential choice scarf users that might be subseeding sticky web.

Weavile looks great, and for Vikavolt I would recommend taking some of the Defense EVs and put them towards Speed to out-speed lower end speed Pokemon like Blissey, Clefable, Tyranitar etc. 148 Speed EVs (Bold Nature) will let you out-speed all 3 (If none have Speed EVs).

For Ferrothorn I would recommend going with Body Press > Knock Off if Pex is going to be carrying that move, this will help with opposing Steel types that will try to come switch-in, plus neutrally it is a strong move and hits hard a decent amount of the time.

I like your Chomp set, very cool and with this mix of sticky web I think it will work (majority of time) but in case you can't get sticky web up for any reason, Scale Shot is screaming to replace either Aqua Tail / Stone Edge. Scale Shot Chomp with Fire Fang isn't broken (And covers a lot) and I think if you don't want to take a luck aspect with the amount of times Scale Shot is hitting (which I can see your point) but understand Stone Edge misses a lot too so if Zapdos is a goal of yours to keep out then I get your decision. But I will be recommending Scale Shot > Aqua Tail / Stone Edge because on the off chance Sticky Web isn't set up or gets removed and you need that speed boost.

Aside from that very cool team and congrats on reaching 1800s with it. I hope you have more success.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)