Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

You can switch hard in on Aggron with Bulky Volcarona - the best it can do is Earthquake, which doesn't come close to 2HKOing. It's free setup fodder because of this and the set having Roost to heal off any damage it does do to you. Also, they're heavily dissuaded from clicking Heavy Slam when Volcarona's on your team, as it's a contact move, meaning Flame Body can burn it. Finally, oddly enough this can beat some Stall teams that Aggron finds itself on, namely the Aggron / Chansey / Mew / Buzzwole / Zapdos / Quagsire team made by Finch. The Chansey lacks Toxic, so it's setup fodder for Volcarona. I know this is beating up Aggron in a vacuum, but I just thought I'd mention this.

Mega-Sab As Hard Counter
1542919024114.png

Sableye @ Sablenite
248hp 8 def 252 spec. def
knock off
will o wisp
recover
protect

56 Atk Aggron-Mega Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega: 75-88 (24.7 - 29%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO
56 Atk Aggron-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega: 83-98 (27.3 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

The last thing Aggron wants to see is that Big Red gem. Heavy Slam has no power to the point its outdamaged by earthquake which does nothing as well. Sableye threatens with wisp, bounces back rocks, and can knock off whatever team mate aggron switches out to. Invalidates chansey as a mon who is on every team that mega-aggron runs. Sab fears no move aggron can run, which at best can dragon tail it out. But even dragon tail aggron hates sab for blocking hazards on its team.

Last edited:
All blacephalon.gif sets murder MAggron.

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Blacephalon can Substitute up while scaring MAggron out and set up. On Finchinator's MAgg Stall team, Chansey doesn't have anything to touch Blacephalon with and Blacephalon can connect some powerful Flamethrowers and beat the team. However, be careful of Earthquake from Mew. On Eo Ut Mortus's Kommo-o team, Blacephalon can easily take advantage of Aurora Veil (since this set is mostly used on Veil teams) to take 2 Dragon Tails with its Substitute and beat it with Never-Ending Nightmare.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Trick

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Specs and Scarf set are less threatening than the above set, but having Trick greatly pressures Chansey and Kommo-o, which are common teammates for MAggron Stall, since you can remove both Eviolite and Leftovers from them respectively. No calcs are needed to show how much Flamethrower/Fire Blast does to MAggron, right?

Last edited:

Thank you everyone for another fantastic week of submissions! Unfortunately, there's a fair bit of administration that I need to quickly address, so please bear with me for a brief minute. To begin, I'd like to remind everyone that there is a restricted number of sets that you may post alongside a submission, which is one. Additionally, your vote should include a vote in each category, meaning a vote for a check and a counter, not just for a single submission. If I haven't liked your post, it's probably because you haven't followed this rule. I'm not going to chase you up if you don't follow said rule, but I will mention that starting from this week, I won't be counting your vote if you haven't followed this rule. Finally, there's no need to hassle other users about reservations because it's annoying for other users. There's no need for you as the participant to take on the roles of the host. I know that's a lot to read, but there was a few things that needed to be addressed before presenting this week's submissions, so thank you for your cooperation.

Checks:
||||
(e: volc should be a counter but its too late)
By: david0895 | Meliodafu7 | Egor | mellowyellowhd | XxAwesomePlayzxX

Voting ends on Friday the 30th. Happy Posting!

Last edited:

First off, I'd like to apologise for another substantial delay. I've personally been really busy and tired with stuff and have regretfully been putting this aside for a couple of weeks now, which was also partially due to a bit of a communication error between myself and my co-host. I'm incredibly sorry to everyone who's been anticipating me updating my projects. Fortunately, I'm here now and we can finally move on. This week's uncontested winners are Mellow with Volcarona and Adapt or Die with Mega Sableye! Congratulations, your submission will eventually be archived before the year ends.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 236 HP / 160 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare / Toxic

This week's victim is SubCoil Zygarde! Coil Zygarde has cemented itself as one of Zygarde's most consistent sets within the past several months, only benefiting from the rise of bulky offence; having the ability to turn a large number of common defensive cores including standard Fire-Water-Grass and Steel + Pivots cores into setup fodder, whilst also having the ability to cripple a large number of its usual checks through Glare or Toxic and even possessing fantastic defensive utility, Zygarde undoubtedly holds its position as one of the tier's most consistent breakers. Before I commence this week, I wanted to use this as an opportunity thank everyone for contributing in my absence. It really does mean a lot to have these projects active. Deadline is Wednesday the 19th. Happy Posting!

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Psychic
- Recover

Acid Armor allows Reuniclus to use Zygarde as set up bait. Without a timely critical hit or many paralyses, Zygarde will be unable to break Reuniclus while it keeps setting up.

Last edited:
Reserving Tapu Fini (because using clefable is honestly kinda cheap)

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 52 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog
This pokemon is my pick due to two amazing qualities it has in this scenario, a Fairy typing, and an amazing ability in Misty Terrain. Misty Terrain blocks all status aimed at grounded pokemon, removing this Zygarde's most cheekiest way to break its counters, whether it be parahaxing or toxic-stalling his common counters to death, including Tangrowth and Bulu. Its Fairy typing gives it Super Effective STAB against Zygarde, Moonblast, meaning all Zygarde can do is to attack with Thousand Arrows or stall with Substitute, which exposes it to getting chipped to death.
0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Tapu Fini: 85-102 (24.7 - 29.7%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Tapu Fini: 127-151 (37 - 44%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (Scary on paper, but not too difficult to play around, given he's giving you a free chance to pummel at him)

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 236 HP / 160 SpD Zygarde: 174-206 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (This and Nature's Madness is all you need to take that Zygarde down)

Last edited:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

The only worry is if they somehow manage to Glare you before you active your Toxic Orb, but this really shouldn't happen, as it's pretty easy to activate it. Aside from that, you are guaranteed faster, are practically immune to Toxic and Glare, even boosted Thousand Arrows do nothing because Zygarde's super weak and Gliscor has some nice natural bulk. You can pretty much just Swords Dance for free and deal heavy damage with Ice Fang.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed / Hidden Power Fire
- Glare / Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

How do you check a SubGlare-spamming Ground snek? With a SubGlare-spamming Grass snek. Mono-attacking Zyg usually breaks through Grass-types with its status of choice, but with a faster Substitute that Zyg can't break before a boost, Serp avoids the cheese and cheeses right back. (Just, for the love of Arceus, scout Zyg's set before switching Serp into a Banded Outrage.)

0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 51-60 (16.7 - 19.6%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 76-90 (24.9 - 29.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 236 HP / 160 SpD Zygarde: 124-147 (29.8 - 35.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 236 HP / 160 SpD Zygarde: 247-292 (59.3 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Mimikyu @ Life Orb as Counter
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

When countering zygarde even though we're talking about glare coil you need a mon that can switch into all its sets, and the pikachu mimic does just that thanks to its stellar ability disguise. Sure it doesn't like being para'd or toxicked but it can stomach those status since it doesn't really take hits outside of disguise anyways. While mimi doesn't counter all zygarde sets it can pivot into them, even the z-move and band sets that thrash other counters like bulu. Specifically against glare coil it can spam play rough to break subs and barring insanely bad para luck will eventually prevail. Zygarde can't coil out of its ko range either as if the snake starts coiling it can counter with boosting swords dance on its own.

While just about any mimi set can handle zyg, I've opted for jolly life orb here as it outspeeds zygarde before para or ddance and is the easiest to fit on teams since it doesn't have to pack a z crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)