Pending viability rankings in monotype

the title says it, ill try keep it short. Monotype has different usages as Gen8 OU. So why use the gen8 OU usage list? Why not make one for monotype?
National dex e.g. has an own usage list. Kommo-o is OU there, while in Gen8 OU, kommo-o is UUBL.
Also, mons like kyurem and darmantian galar are splopping up as banned, when creating an ice team. But they arent.
Since nat. dex has its own viability rankings, i guess other tiers have it too. So why not just use the code, change the param: String fromat = "Gen8OU" to "Gen8Monotype" and go?

Edit: For clarification, as Isaiah pointed out, im talking about the teambuilder

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
When you build a Monotype team you can see the OU Ubers Pokemon allowed in Monotype in the teambuilder indeed.

1667393256002.png

yes, in the teambuilder, why are in monotype and also in nat. dex monotype the "normal" OU rankins? i mean as u can see, it states kyrem is banned, while in reality, it isnt. And blaziken, its banned in monotype, but the teambuilder says its totally viable.

i found it sad not to see the viabilites of all mons, its interesting data. Every electro team will have raichu alola, it should be OU in the monotype tier for sure, but you can only see its gen8 OU ranking, which is, i dont know, RU? i checked, y, its RU. Which just isnt true.

the 2 big problems i have:
-seeing darm galar and kyurem as "ubers", while they are totally viable (could happen to other mons too ofc)
-not seeing mons like blaziken, landorus or magearna as "ubers". U try to make a team around blaziken, 4 mons already prepared, well, i want to add blaziken, what, i cant? damm, abandon idea

small problem:
-not seeing the real "ubers" (e.g. Groudon) as "ubers". Noone knows if Lugia is actually allowed or not. maybe in monotype, genesect is allowed? i dont even know myself, what about deoxys? all forms allowed? is normal form banned? defence form? Checking the banlist...

and checkin the banlist is very annoying, cause you either have to read through the uber mons, which everyone knowing that mewtwo and kyogre are banned, to find your mon there, or read through all the mons to not find e.g. kyurem there. Is it sorted alphabetically? i hope so. Still alot of work that, when one plays national dex OU or little cup, doesnt need to do. you can just check in teambuilder

Last edited:
yes, in the teambuilder, why are in monotype and also in nat. dex monotype the "normal" OU rankins? i mean as u can see, it states kyrem is banned, while in reality, it isnt. And blaziken, its banned in monotype, but the teambuilder says its totally viable.

i found it sad not to see the viabilites of all mons, its interesting data. Every electro team will have raichu alola, it should be OU in the monotype tier for sure, but you can only see its gen8 OU ranking, which is, i dont know, RU? i checked, y, its RU. Which just isnt true.

the 2 big problems i have:
-seeing darm galar and kyurem as "ubers", while they are totally viable (could happen to other mons too ofc)
-not seeing mons like blaziken, landorus or magearna as "ubers". U try to make a team around blaziken, 4 mons already prepared, well, i want to add blaziken, what, i cant? damm, abandon idea

small problem:
-not seeing the real "ubers" (e.g. Groudon) as "ubers". Noone knows if Lugia is actually allowed or not. maybe in monotype, genesect is allowed? i dont even know myself, what about deoxys? all forms allowed? is normal form banned? defence form? Checking the banlist...

and checkin the banlist is very annoying, cause you either have to read through the uber mons, which everyone knowing that mewtwo and kyogre are banned, to find your mon there, or read through all the mons to not find e.g. kyurem there. Is it sorted alphabetically? i hope so. Still alot of work that, when one plays national dex OU or little cup, doesnt need to do. you can just check in teambuilder
The builder will tell you if a mon is illegal. The mons listed as ubers are ubers by tiering but not banned, as they are clearly clickable. This isn't just the case w/ monotype btw, plenty of other formats show mons seperated by Smogon tiers.

The builder will tell you if a mon is illegal. The mons listed as ubers are ubers by tiering but not banned, as they are clearly clickable. This isn't just the case w/ monotype btw, plenty of other formats show mons seperated by Smogon tiers.
But i expect a mon to be illegal if it is in uber tier. "clearly clickable". If you argument like this, you should not show any tiers at all in those formats, just show the mons clickable and done. What does a tier help you anyways if it is clearly incorrect?

It should be changed in other formats then too! Even more work to do.

But i expect a mon to be illegal if it is in uber tier. "clearly clickable". If you argument like this, you should not show any tiers at all in those formats, just show the mons clickable and done. What does a tier help you anyways if it is clearly incorrect?

It should be changed in other formats then too! Even more work to do.
That's your own expectations talking and not what is actually the truth. Some Pokémon in the Ubers tiers are usable in monotype. The fact that they don't have that big red "Illegal" marker should be enough for you to recognize that. If you don't, well, you know now.

And "not having to show any tiers" is a bad idea, as often the Pokémon in higher tiers are more viable than the Pokémon in lower ones, so it's easier to sort it like that.

That's your own expectations talking and not what is actually the truth. Some Pokémon in the Ubers tiers are usable in monotype. The fact that they don't have that big red "Illegal" marker should be enough for you to recognize that. If you don't, well, you know now.
I am not lying about anything?? I know some in ubers are usable. Thats my whole point. Not to show them as ubers and to orient yourself with the "illegal" message, but to orient yourself by the actual tiers of the format you play in.

And "not having to show any tiers" is a bad idea, as often the Pokémon in higher tiers are more viable than the Pokémon in lower ones, so it's easier to sort it like that.
then why not show the ACTUAL tier? why the OU tier, and then u need to search for the mons u want? cause some like cradily for mono grass e.g. are waaaay down the road.

Tico

Heart of the Mountain
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I think your suggestion has already been made in other threads (this, this and this). Anyway, i just didn't understand if you want the Monotype teambuilder being ordered by the usage stats or the viability rankings since you talk about the two in your post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)