Announcement VGCPL II Season Schedule and Admin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
1651361930778.png

<< Spreadsheet >>
Season Schedule - Timeline

Q: Why are weeks scheduled like this?

A: We're scheduling around 3 major tournaments in the upcoming VGC season: Indianapolis regionals with over 300 players, NJ/Aus/Eu triple regionals weekend, and US Nationals in order to accommodate our players. Unfortunately we cannot schedule around all events for the season, but we hope that this gives all players enough chances to play VGCPL and regionals/NAIC.

Week 1: Monday, May 2 - Thursday, May 12
Week 2: Friday, May 13 - Sunday, May 22

Week 3: Monday, May 23 - Sunday May 29
Week 4: Monday, May 30 - Sunday, June 5
Week 5: Monday, June 6 - Sunday June 12
Week 6: Monday, June 13 - Sunday, June 26
Week 7: Monday, June 27 - Sunday, July 3
Playoffs Week 1: Monday, July 4 - Sunday, July 10
Finals: Monday, July 11 - Sunday, July 18

Season Schedule - Matchups

Week 1

Stoutlands v Zoruas
Politoeds v Aces
Luxray v Pranksters
Reporters v Ohana

Week 2

Stoutlands v Politoeds
Ohana v Aces
Luxray v Zoruas
Reporters v Pranksters

Week 3

Stoutlands v Luxray
Reporters v Zoruas
Ohana v Politoeds
Pranksters v Aces

Week 4

Stoutlands v Ohana
Pranksters v Politoeds
Reporters v Luxray
Aces v Zoruas

Week 5

Stoutlands v Reporters
Aces v Luxray
Pranksters v Ohana
Politoeds v Zoruas

Week 6

Stoutlands v Pranksters
Zoruas v Ohana
Reporters v Aces
Politoeds v Luxray

Week 7

Stoutlands v Aces
Politoeds v Reporters
Zoruas v Pranksters
Luxray v Ohana​

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Tournament Rules

1. Gameplay
- Matches are to be played in their respective formats on Pokemon Showdown or cartridge (ONLY with a match VOD/youtube video/etc). VGC 2019 defaults to Ultra Series, but players are allowed to play each other in Sun or Moon series if they agree.
- Matches are to only be played yourself. Any instances of ghosting with probable cause will be dealt with harshly for all parties involved
- Use match chat respectfully, this includes nicknames

2. Scoring
- Matches will be played in a 7v7 format each week. This means ties will not be a part of VGCPL's main season. Matches will reward 3 points per win.

3. Activity and Scheduling
- If your opponent is late to the match, have your manager notify zee and the opposing team's manager. Once contact is made, they have 30 minutes to provide a substitute or forfeit the match.
- As this is a Smogon tournament, I'm going to recommend contacting your opponent via their Smogon wall. The conversations are public which helps a lot in activity cases. Only schedule somewhere else if you are positive you can get the game done.

4. Discord
- For this tournament, players are required to join their team's discord server as well as the Smogon VGC discord server
- Players can be notified of games in the Smogon VGC Discord by self-assigning the @matches role. Please use #match-links to let others know when an active game is ongoing.

5. Managers
- Managers are expected to send in roster lineups to me by Sunday 11:59 PM GMT-4 (I won't bite if you're 5 minutes late but please don't take forever)
- Should a manager fail to send in their roster on time, the roster used from the previous week's submission will be posted.
- Managers are expected to be cordial with all other managers in the tournament and promote a friendly and integral setting.

6. Bans
- Bringing Chansey/Blissey + Shuckle/Bastiodon is banned for all metagames. We're playing VGC, not watching paint dry!​

zee

Re: Clipperz vs Rey, week 1

Rey missed the scheduled time, so yuki (clipperz's manager) began the process of claiming an activity win by tagging the politoeds managers and myself. We were all afk at the time as I was at regionals and the politoeds were asleep, so my first suggestion was a rescheduling, but most managers (as well as myself) were in agreement that clipperz and yuki followed all activity win protocols.

Result: Clipperz will receive an activity win for week 1

Re: VictorDHZ and Calvonix

I was asked if this game could have an extension for sunday given the scheduling issues. Seeing as the week is already decided, they already have a time in mind, and this won't hold up the tournament, I am granting this extension.

Re: Jubilife Reporters

Reporters have asked to add Teka as a second assistant manager. I approved this request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)