VGC VGC16 Team

Hi! This team won me #7 in regionals for Western Australia Seniors, although I think it could be a bit better

NOTE: In the editor it was 3 lines so sorry if they're a bit short for explaining

Xerneas @ Power Herb

Ability: Fairy Aura

Level: 50

EVs: 158 HP / 150 SpA / 200 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Dazzling Gleam

- Focus Blast

- Geomancy

- Protect

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb

Ability: Desolate Land

EVs: 148 HP / 148 Atk / 208 Def / 4 SpA

Lax Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Eruption

- Thunder Punch

- Precipice Blades

- Protect

Picasso (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Moody

EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA

- Magic Coat

- Dark Void

- Wide Guard

- Spiky Shield

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite

Ability: Scrappy

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

IVs: 0 SpA

- Fake Out

- Power-Up Punch

- Return

- Sucker Punch

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite

Ability: Shadow Tag

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Sludge Wave

- Shadow Ball

- Protect

- Icy Wind

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Confuse Ray

- Knock Off

- Gravity

- Toxic

Xerneas
Xerneas is the core of the team. It's purpose is to sweep [1] Pretty self explanatory, STAB and hits both [2] Powerful Coverage, however the accuracy lets it down [3] Gives me the sweeping aspect, still self explanatory. [4] Good for scouting and stopping any pokemon putting me to sleep.

Groudon
Its EVs allow it to hit hard and still take a hit. [1] Fire STAB, hits both, extremely powerful. Good for Ferrothorn as well as Amoonguss. [2] Need to replace, however it is useful against flying types and other water types (I know precipice blades is better against Kyogre) [3] Self Explanatory. Powerful STAB, hits both, monstrous damage with the high attack stat. [4] Do I honestly need reasoning for protect? I mean its the same every time.

Smeargle
Very handy, have recently changed it myself. [1] I was gonna run Crafty Shield or Safeguard, however this seemed more useful. Ideas on which is better? [2] Dark Void is good for putting pokemon asleep. Disable them with Dark Void and Sweep with the other one [3]Wide Guard is fantastic for moves like Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, Rock Slide, Eruption etc. and completely disables them. Fantastic move, not changing it.
[4] Pretty much a better protect. Nuff said really.

Kangaskhan Mega
Possibly want to change, ideas? [1] Gives a free turn to Mega Evolve and scout [2] Up that attack to become a monster [3] Main STAB, really powerful [4] Priority and good for ghost types. Not much explaining as I' not sure if its the best option.

Gengar Mega
A really good member of the team. [1] Hits everyone on the field, would sludge bomb be better? Also hits Normal types which is a good asset [2] Powerful STAB and backed up by the base 170 SpAtk. [3] Protect. It protects. Yeah. [4] Hits Mega Salamence well and lowers speed for Geo-Xerneas

Sableye
A new member to the team. [1] Confuse Ray is handy for annoying flinches and 100% accuracy. Might wanna do swagger although then i is not too good for Primal Groudon or Landorus-T. [2] Knock Off for when I get taunt'd by Thundurus or another pokemon. [3] Raises the accuracy for some of the less accurate moves (e.g. Precipice Blades) and grounds flying types. Mainly a support for Groudon. [4] Something to dwindle those walls down, good for Cresselia and other pokes.

Please reply ASAP, want to know if this is good enough!
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Rcheez !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #6, because you are only allowed to post one RMT every two weeks. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me after the two-week period has expired, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. For further clarification regarding the rules, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)