Tournament VGC 2023 Kickoff - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1669599566482.png

Welcome to the first tournament of the Smogon VGC 2023 tournament circuit! Please read this entire post as there are important rules that you MUST follow. You have been warned.

Rules and Disclaimers

• This tournament counts for the Smogon VGC circuit, which you can learn more about here.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown using the VGC 2023 Series 1 Rules.
  • Rounds will last for one week. By signing up to play in this tournament, you are committing to logging onto Smogon multiple times each week to schedule with your opponents and post your match results.
  • Additionally, all replays will be required. I will not validate the result of any match without saved replays.
  • Tournament format will be Single Elimination, best-of-three matches with team lock on. You may change teams in between rounds. To ensure your opponent isn't making any changes to their team, you should open all games of the best-of-three at once. For this reason, you should play on the main server and not the SmogTours server if possible.
It'd be wise to join our Discord to discuss the tournament or reach out to our staff if you have any questions.

To contact your opponents, please use their Smogon Wall, not Smogon PMs, so that messages are public. See a full guide on scheduling for Smogon Tournaments below:

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold. If your opponent gives you the win, you must post it in this thread

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

Pairings:
Jay is decent  vs  Liko
QuinnXD  vs  EfaanTheGold
zee  vs  Bananacrazy111
Sole Survivor  vs  Foolafetti
SeeKeim  vs  Aldrich
Borghi  vs  Voltage
WolborgVGC  vs  LTalent[/USER]
Vinc2612  vs  Farce Of The Death
trace  vs  Heliosan
Arc Tech  vs  Brede
Julfordio  vs  incineraire
Apple~Taters  vs  kopin
jamss0810  vs  NecasInTrouble
MultiPokemon  vs  Void
Cpt_Crack  vs  playforkeeps123
snake_rattler  vs  martinvtran (extension)
MTB  vs  JacintoElGrande
ZedRiver  vs  Spactutitan
TyphoeusVGC  vs  velvet_thunder
Astano  vs  GreyPowerVan
duckpond  vs  CrystalNinetales
Cylias  vs  NotWarriors644
Karthik  vs  bdov
Dzhupito  vs  LegitEU
KingOfBees  vs  Sailorgreatest
STABLE  vs  crying
jonas  vs  Human
mschmucker05  vs  Haktan
Eddie1840  vs  Sibanzz (coinflip)
ChrisVG  vs  Finabas
Xrn  vs  ArcticBreeze
outbackrabbit  vs  hamby (coinflip)
413X  vs  CyberDCrest
Take Azelfie  vs  viperGTS
Concept Everything  vs  Skary Skrelp
ComputerWhiz  vs  Feyy)
emruy  vs  Garchompro
Lunala  vs  TyCarter
snaga  vs  TrainerPla
SocomSeal  vs  JackDraz
HaxBro.K  vs  Scottyw01 (coinflip)
yung megane  vs  Hys
Marlboro  vs  Ace Emerald
mc__screwdriver  vs  damien the genius
NekosEmily vs  Pbrabbit
blarajan  vs  Robbie35646
elodin  vs  Mr.GX
Spurrific  vs  Hunteroonie (extension)
parissof  vs  false (coinflip)
MissingNoL  vs  Chrome8
noiceVGC  vs  Doofcognito
Ann nonima  vs  ChrystalFalchion
zioziotrip  vs  REC8
Duck-Monke  vs  Medeia
CbuttyVGC  vs  kiranearitachi
Stormzzz  vs  Frrf
skyp1llar  vs  Nowno
mohku21  vs  Spacial
Shrey444  vs  Chris32156
TheDarknessMadeFlesh  vs  AletheiaVGC
Yourwelcomethanku  vs  blinkboy
sheik0  vs  IBOIII
Zeal  vs  _Luminary_
Hurtadoo  vs  InkVGC (coinflip)

The round deadline for Round 1 is Sunday, December 18th @ 6:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
we've made the decision to not require open teamsheets for this tournament - if you and your opponent would like to use open teamsheets please use "!showteam hidestats" in your battle chat to do so, but this is not required

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Last edited:
Ok, why aren't I on the list ? Last week my opp didn't respond, I was given another opp who also didn't respond, I did post this and it was liked

contacted opponent --

i didn't see myself mentioned in the activity wins/coinflips section of the last post. for reference my opponent stated they wouldn't be able to play and i posted a screenshot

contacted opponent --

i didn't see myself mentioned in the activity wins/coinflips section of the last post. for reference my opponent stated they wouldn't be able to play and i posted a screenshot
I do remember you got the act win, looks like I missed tagging you. Barring some mistakes with substitutes I think the bracket was good and correct, no need to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)