VGC VGC 2022 team

hello there this is my first team im trying out. i did take most of these mons from the world champ eduardo.
whims and kartana are the only changes i made myself.

Zacian @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Protect
Well set aint mine but it does outspeed other zacians i assume. and this hits alot of mons hard a damage dealer, behemoth blade, play rough as STAB, CC hit incineroar and other mons weak to it.

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 180 HP / 92 Def / 92 SpA / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 8 Spe
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Yawn
- Protect
to take anything kyo sends it way and to counter incin leads.
also wear down groudon,lando,thundy.

Whimsicott (M) @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Helping Hand
twind support and helping hand for more attack power obviously. and taunt trick room users like i have seen palkia use trick room before too
Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
hard hitter and decent coverage i assume idk how to explain this one lol
Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Fly
- superpower
- Protect
this is to counter rilla and incin with max airstream&max knuckle for incin. wild charge for kyo if it still lives lol

Zoro (Kartana) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Aerial Ace
for kyo and ground types like groudon and lando.

i also jus lost to a palkia using trick room i probably picked the wrong mons and moves idk. it was a palkia with trick room and zacian and grim with both screens up.

Why do you talk about play Rough on Zacian? Yours has sub instead. Try for three lines of description. Why AV Kart? I just ask cause, even then, it's sorta specially frail.

There's kinda a fire and ice weakness, particularly if the ice is freeze-dry. Maybe kart doesn't fit here but tbh idk.

Why do you talk about play Rough on Zacian? Yours has sub instead. Try for three lines of description. Why AV Kart? I just ask cause, even then, it's sorta specially frail.

There's kinda a fire and ice weakness, particularly if the ice is freeze-dry. Maybe kart doesn't fit here but tbh idk.
Oh my bad i forgot i had that set. I have like 5 zacians lol. Well i edited it for play rough. Also i thought kartana with av would blitz ohko kyo&lando&groudon.

Av doesn't help your damage output. I'm sure it does plenty to you he 2 weather legends, not seeing how it's a Landog answer-landog is part flying

How has sash caly been? It's a fast wisper-i feel like it can live a hit w/o sash often enough. But it seems ok, if that's your experience. Why 8 Spe iv gastrodon?

Av doesn't help your damage output. I'm sure it does plenty to you he 2 weather legends, not seeing how it's a Landog answer-landog is part flying

How has sash caly been? It's a fast wisper-i feel like it can live a hit w/o sash often enough. But it seems ok, if that's your experience. Why 8 Spe iv gastrodon?
well i ran a calc for this lando set vs my kart
Landorus-Therian @ White Herb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
4 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 93-111 (56.3 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and i dont think alot of people have alot of def invested landos right?
sash caly has been good to me. and for gastro iv 8 speed by mistake i made it 31 lol

But you're -1 Atk in that calc right? Cause intimidate. That's good.

I'd look into a bulkier caly-s, not sash. Just to try, snarl in doubles is hardly for damage, plus it's wisp. Idk, worth a try unless you do really good with the mirror this way. I can help with evs if you say yes.

This does look good though. 2 big things I look for are grass and fire coverage. You have one of the strongest grass coverage moves, and very strong fighting replaces fire cause ferro.

What are evs for on gastro plus kart?

Whimsi looks fine, except could a 1 attack set run bulk?

-1 4 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 63-75 (38.1 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (100.00% chance to 3HKO after accuracy)

the calc w/ kart

I don't use Zacian, or even play doubles. Hopefully someone can say if max/max is best(boring though.) 4 SpD not HP. Unless you have a calc for otherwise. Or if genesect is more threatening than p2, maybe 4 def

Last edited:
yea im down to see yo bulky caly. i been using this one cuz it's the same one that won worlds 2022.
" You have one of the strongest grass coverage moves, and very strong fighting replaces fire cause ferro. " so am i good on the coverage for that?
or should i replace kart with something else?
What are evs for on gastro plus kart?
here are the sets with evs
Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 180 HP / 92 Def / 92 SpA / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Yawn
- Protect

Zoro (Kartana) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Aerial Ace
" Or if genesect is more threatening than p2, " what is p2?

Porygon 2. I'll start looking for a bulky Caly-S set.

Edit: briefly tried some. Maybe 60 HP/ 52 def/ 140 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 + Spe. Idk what to calc for, but Zacian is always important. Helps avoid 2hko from burned. And helps avoid 3hko from burned Groudon precipice blades. SpA and/ or Spe could be lower, I'm not sure. I ran bulk for Zekrom's Bolt Strike, but iirc that's rare here

As for your coverage, you're fine. Ferro isn't even common in VGC so that wouldn't matter much even if you had no fighting too. About the evs, I knew what they were from the RMT itself. I want to know what they are FOR. What do you survive w/ those specific EVs that you wouldn't w/ max/max(not advocating basic EVs, just wondering cause they should be different for a reason?)

Last edited:
Porygon 2. I'll start looking for a bulky Caly-S set.

Edit: briefly tried some. Maybe 60 HP/ 52 def/ 140 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 + Spe. Idk what to calc for, but Zacian is always important. Helps avoid 2hko from burned. And helps avoid 3hko from burned Groudon precipice blades. SpA and/ of Spe could be lower, I'm not sure. I ran bulk for Zekrom's Bolt Strike, but iirc that's rare here

As for your coverage, you're fine. Ferro isn't even common in VGC so that wouldn't matter much even if you had no fighting too. About the evs, I knew what they were from the RMT itself. I want to know what they are FOR. What do you survive w/ those specific EVs that you wouldn't w/ max/max(not advocating basic EVs, just wondering cause they should be different for a reason?)
i honestly dont know lol, again i just took those sets from the pokepastes from vgc players. and what does " 2hko from burned. " mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)