VGC 2022 Salt Lake City Regional

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Where: Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
When: March 18th - side events, March 19th - Swiss play, March 20th - top cut, likely side events
Prizing: See here

Registration isn't live for this event yet, but wanted to post because of some important information from the Orlando Regionals organizer:
Remember: you must be fully vaxxed (two weeks after your second shot) and masked up to play a regional under TPCi's current COVID guidelines.

Use this thread to discuss anything related to the event, feel free to ask questions, post your travel plans, or anything of that sort. After the tournament has concluded, tournament results will be posted in this thread and it will be locked.

Personally I'm very excited for this tournament, I'm attending and it'll be my first regional since Dallas 2020, and surprisingly only the third Sword and Shield irl tournament I've ever played. Hope to see as many of you there as possible, if we have a big enough crowd maybe we'll do a meetup on Sunday? lmk!

Threads for all regionals will be posted 6 weeks before the event or when registration goes live, whichever comes first. This thread will be updated when the registration link for Salt Lake City regionals goes live.

Really excited for this! It’s the only regional I can attend since it’s so close so I look forward to it every year. This year I’m anticipating it being pretty large considering it’s the first regional in two years.

Booked my flights there. It's expensive to get to but its hard to pass up a regional during spring break.

Hopefully we get some more info on the circuit structure before the event but I'm looking forward to playing and meeting people regardless.

dang, I'm not vaccinated otherwise I'd probably play just cause it's so close. Maybe there's still stuff I can do there with just a negative test?

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
The tournament is now in the books!! I had a pleasant surprise in top cut. Was so nice to meet people like z0mOG jonas Jashsmash DaWoblefet and many others. Just wanted to thank everyone from Smogon that was rooting for me in my top 8 game!! I’ll be writing a short intro to VGC tournaments when I get home!!
9E9BEB14-93FF-4ED3-AA18-182AC9B9E465.jpeg

(sorry if this is huge, I’m on mobile :x)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)