UUTC Round#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
stolen this thread from the LC and OU ones
kokoloko approved

UU Teambuilding Competition

Hey guys. This is the UU version of the project OUTC(you can see the OU one here).
So I was looking through the UU threads and I thought we should have this project for UU. I'm terrible at teambuilding, but I love seeing what new teams can be created with various cores and stealing them.

Every round, I will pick a core of two Pokemon. You clever teambuilding boffins go away and then come back with a completed team. Once entries are closed, the community will vote on which user's team was the most innovative and well put together, the winner gets the honour of having their name and entry immortalised in this original post, and then we move on to the next round. Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going during the process about the teams submitted and the core itself.
Rules

- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your teambuilding process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful.

- Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar movesets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.

- Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than moveset changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you post.

- No Bandwagoning : This is a tacit rule that I add, do not bandwagon. Pretty self-explanatory.

Current core

+

Hall of fame

Week 2: CoolStoryBrobat
Brobat (Crobat) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Magnetix (Magneton) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Dasani (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latifah (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Rick Ross (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Stay Fly (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Last edited:
Ok, so the core for the first week is relatively simple:
+

You have to post your teams here.
Entries close in a week.
Do not bandwagon.
Also, I will extend the deadline if too few teams are posted.
EDIT- Also, pictures would be nice :)

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
this thread is so dead... so sad! Let's get the ball rolling

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd / 2 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Stone Edge

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald

cryogonal from my analysis <3

everything else is standard

ladder as of 2 hours(may consider using this team for reqs)
http://prntscr.com/1sswco

highlight games and demos on how to use the team

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uucurrent-52276714

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uucurrent-52280480

enjoy

Metal Sonic
Replays and stuff are great, but
OP said:
Rules

- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your teambuilding process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful.
So yeah, a small description would help. Extending this to two weeks probably.

I like metal sonics team a lot. I was kind of iffy on cryogonal but ive been seeing a lot if them lately. Even if a strong physical attacker they need to watch out for cofagrigus and swampy. Just a few things abiut that team...
1. 11 attack ivs on cof to keep hp fighting at 70 bp.
2. Empoleon is a nightmare for this team specifically sp def variants. Hp ground is a 3hko at best from cryo. Eq from swampy can do the job but has to watch out for grass knot which is a clean ohko. I suppose np cof but it could phaze with roar. Just something to keep in mind. I like that team a lot and will def try it out!

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ description.

set up hazards like a boss and counter the opponent to win.

cryogonal hard counters the nidos and stuff like empoleon/roserade rapid spin in their faces and KO them

i will post more demos with me on the ladder

show is better than tell :o

I like metal sonics team a lot. I was kind of iffy on cryogonal but ive been seeing a lot if them lately. Even if a strong physical attacker they need to watch out for cofagrigus and swampy. Just a few things abiut that team...
1. 11 attack ivs on cof to keep hp fighting at 70 bp.
2. Empoleon is a nightmare for this team specifically sp def variants. Hp ground is a 3hko at best from cryo. Eq from swampy can do the job but has to watch out for grass knot which is a clean ohko. I suppose np cof but it could phaze with roar. Just something to keep in mind. I like that team a lot and will def try it out!

yeah thats right for the ivs

empoleon is no problem, normal ones are 2HKOed by cryo, special defensive are 3hko(2hko after hazards), while empo can max 3-4hko me only.

swampert can also 2hko with earthquake too, spdef doesnt hold grass knot

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I like this thread and i think it has good potential. but i think the reason no one posted except msonic is because the core is too generic/boring. Instead of extending the time i would scrap this round and pick a new core. But w.e you wanna do, i dont want to tell you how to run your thread.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mean there's probably peeps who have considered this thread and want to finish their teams before getting down to the nitty gritty posting, as you still have a significant amount of time...But Kingler also mentioned some discussion so I guess I'll try to help a bit and leave most points open for others to consider.

CofaLax (Yes that's what I call the core) is a pretty straightforward and solid core, just having a Normal + a Ghost is already good synergy between the two as is, but the fact one can check most physical attackers and the other most specials is where it shines and where you see me spouting obvious knowledge. I actually used this core on a team that only was made with the help of Calloflochie back when Froslass was still allowed. I used RestTalk Snorlax and Physically Defensive Cofag though, because I absolutely SUCK at using the Offensive Cofagrigus set. Never managed to make it work once. But anyway the team was to just stack spikes and SR, shuffle the opponent with Snorlax a bit, stop physical attackers with Cofag, and eventually use Sharpedo to bust out a sweep. Clearly it worked pretty nice cause the team went like 21-0 in one night.

Metal Sonic's kinda got that concept here with RestTalk Snorlax. In fact to push the envelope a bit he also added physically defensive Swampert for maximum phazing capability against physical and special attackers, with Cofagrigus/Scarf Heracross as win conditions. Pretty solid imo, and most likely the best way to support this kind of a core is by hazard stacking + pHazing.

Only thing I hate about this core is how much it can be overwhelmed by something like RD Kingdra, Virizion, Flame Orb Trick Chandelure or just repetitive special assaults, especially given the fact that Offensive Snorlax is usually the norm, it gets worn down pretty rapidly. Oh yeah, I also hate the fact I suck at using OTR Cofag, but that's still besides the point lol. I wonder what the other teams are gonna be looking like...

To address Trainer Au since he makes a great point - I was supposed to choose an easy core for r1. Idk if i'll scrap it but i guess i can wait for two teams or so. If that doesn't happen we might start over so ehh....

I like otr cofag and its easy to setup..on the right pokes. Mienshao and umbreon are two pokes it can set up on pretty reliably (barring toxic on umbreon). However the thing i learned is that one needs to know the physical capabilities of cofag. If you send otr cof against choice band lax with crunch cofag is 3hko by crunch assuming no hazards previous damage or that def drop. The physical wall set fares much better against snorlax thanks to more bulk and wow.

Oh and toxi always ruins cofagrigus...

After playtesting this team this weekend, I actually found a good waterfall user can be subbed over heracross. The paralysis from Body Slam coupled with Waterfall's flinch does work well (it's no togekiss but hey it works!). I personally liked DD Feraligatr with DD/Waterfall/Ice Punch/Earthquake.

Since this thread is going nowhere, I will keep this core for two more days for discussion, however, there aren't nearly enough teams to vote this round. The next core will be a lot more creative, I assure you.

can we just please have the new core now?
Eeyup.
Ok, so I guess Metal Sonic wins but I can't archive his team due to obvious reasons :c
Anyway, the core for round 2 is a lot less generic and stuff like that.
Here you go.
+

Submissions will last for one week unless said otherwise.
Voting will be after that.

gl

Hmm this core seems a little obscure. The real reason magneton is used in UU is to remove steels which doesn't really compliment crobat since its main counters are electric types/rhyperior. May I suggest changing this to flygon/kingdra and magneton? It would probably result in more submissions as this is a much more seen core involving magneton.

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol...I get this core perfectly. I actually utilized it once a long time ago on an older team of mine where I used a combo of Crobat + Magneton (Sadly Magneton got replaced by Virizion). The big kick to it is that Magneton is the only Pokemon in the entire UU Metagame who resists all 4 of Crobat's weaknesses, being Psychic, Rock, Electric, and Ice. Meanwhile, Crobat is immune to Ground for Magneton and 4x resists Fighting. Honestly, I wanna try the combo again sometime with the popularity of Specs Magneton now being a thing. They form a nice little Volt-Turn core together, though Magneton's ability to trap and remove Bronzong was useful for allowing CB Crobat to spam Brave Bat through the tier.

Now that I explained the core a bit, hopefully it makes it a bit easier to build a team around. And besides, if it's something that seems obscure or a bit contrary to the ordinary, take it as a challenge!

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Reserving this post for my team explanation - I sort of like this core but I haven't exactly figured out how to work around it. I'm trying to slap a special cacturne in there as well - it synergises pretty well with the core. Got Chandelure and Rhyperior in there as well for water lures and some more resists, and I slapped a Qwilfish in there just to round the whole thing off. I'll explain more in depth/provide replays etc when I tweak it a bit, so yeah.

BLARGH LAST MINUTE TEAM EXPLANATION COS SLACKER

Basically the team is comprised of a couple of cores: (after much tweaking and failure)

1. The Core. Standard Stallbreaker Crobat and Choice Scarf Sturdy Magneton.

Crobat is pretty standard, with U-turn BB Roost and Taunt etc etc - you guys know what stallbreaker crobat is and does. However, the Magneton is a bit weirder so I'll go into that. I tried Sturdy Scarf Magneton on my Steel mono a while ago and it worked really quite well. It has enough speed to outspeed most non-scarfed pokes, a shit ton of surprise factor in both the fact that it's scarfed as well as the fact that it's sturdy, and a decent amount of SpA too. It synergizes well with Crobat not only because of typing but because Crobat tends to stop hazards from being set up. I run Volt Switch, T-Bolt, Flash Cannon, and HP Ice with Max Speed Modest.

2. The Volt-Turn Core. Standard Stallbreaker Crobat, Choice Scarf Sturdy Magneton, and Banded Victini.

These pokes cover each others weaknesses fairly well and provide a ton of momentum to continue keeping hazards off of the field. They also do a shit-ton of damage.

3. The Awesome Bruiser Water-Lure Core - LO Special Cacturne, SpD Tank Rhyperior, Banded Victini.

Yup, cacturne. Cacturne is absolutely a blast to use in UU and used right it can do a lot of work as well. It synergizes awesomely with Victini in terms of typing and allows me to use a ton of things susceptible to Bulky Waters on my team (Qwilfish, Rhyperior, Victini, and Crobat), as it walls the fuck out of them. I run Substitute three special attacks LO Cacturne (Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, F Blast), which is possibly the weirdest set ever but it's really fun and it really works. It can demolish things like CroCune, Slowbro, or even Cofagrigus - and unlike the physical water lure set it can OHKO any of them back with Dark Pulse/Giga Drain (probably).

4. The Defensive Core. Standard SpikyFish and Rhyperior.

Not much to say about this. Dual hazard setters, T-Wave, Phazing, Pain Split, para flinch, they've got it all. Great synergy and team support.

So yeah, that's basically it :)

VERY IMPORTABLE

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 140 HP / 116 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- V-create
- Grass Knot

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd / 236 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Last edited:
Crobat @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Flygon @ Choice Band
EV: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
So first part of this team is obviously Crobat and Magneton. Since this is UU, there's no particular real reason to use the Steel Trapper set. The only really commonly used steels are Registeel and Bronzong. You don't really want to stay in on Registeel anyways with Magneton since you'll still lose 1 on 1 cause of Seismic Toss 3HKO you while Magneton can only 5hko with Thunderbolt, so this end up leaving you with only using it against Bronzong so it's kind of a waste to use it when you could just use Zapdos instead. Basically, this means using Choice Specs Analytic Magneton. Since I wanted to make a more offensive oriented team, I decided to make Crobat the Standard Stall Breaker set since Offensive teams are generally more susceptible to stall. Flygon and Kingdra were added since they are both fairly powerful and can annihilate most of tier by themselves if the other team is weakened enough. Nidoqueen is there since it checks almost the entire tier by itself and to set up rocks. Lastly Hitmontop as spinner. Didn't use Blastoise since Flygon, Kingdra and Nidoqueen already check fire types and Hitmontop can deal with Snorlax.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Roserade @ Black Sludge
EV: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef / 128 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This team is more focused on putting pressure on the opponent with hazards. Stallbreaker Crobat is used to shut down the most common lead, Mienshao, as well as Heracross, which both threaten Magneton. Choice Specs Magneton because most Steels are not too impressive, and Chandelure and Mienshao threaten them anyway. Rhyperior is the rock setter that can block any attempts of volt switching in Crobat's face. Roserade is used instead of Qwilfish because Magneton and Rhyperior tank physical hits, so tanking special hits is appreciated, as well as absorbing t-spikes. Chandelure threatens spinners with Choice attacks, and after rocks and a layer of spikes, Blastoise will fall. Finally, Mienshao removes Snorlax which threatens both Crobat and Magneton.

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I don't get people bashing this core, as it has good synergy and Magneton provides excellent utility for Crobat allowing for some nice and clean BB spam.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Spore
- Magic Coat

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

So this team is clearly a hyper-offensive team that takes advantage of Magneton's steel trapping to allow Kingdra to sweep or Flygon to clean. I know 4 of my mons are the same as Serene_Silk3's but there is no point in using Magneton without either Kingdra or Flygon or both, and my team plays way differently :p. So I went with a Smeargle lead, because I wanted to get SR, spikes, and early momentum, this set is extremely potent at what it does, almost always getting a sleep and SR, and sometimes getting that one layer of spikes. Magic coat and 0 attack IVs poop on lead Sableye, allowing me to magic coat the taunt, spore the switch in and set up rocks and spikes, afterwards you can sack smeargle allowing for easy switch ins later. Next, we have Magneton, Specs w/ HP fire KOes Ferroseed and T-Bolt/V-switch donk Empoleon, the only 2 RD Kingdra counters in the tier. It also performs well against all steel-types barring Cobalion, who isn't a problem for Flygon, Crobat, or Kingdra. This steel trapping allows me to put cross-poison on sleep talk Crobat, which eases the pain of dealing with Raikou and Zapdos which could be very threatening to this team other wise. It also allows me to spam outrage with Flygon late game, which is super useful, as this team relies on Flygon's cleaning ability which greatly improves once steel types are gone. Magneton's steel trapping also makes U-turn from Crobat and Flygon much more potent, making the Magneton-Rotom-Flygon-Crobat volt-turn core a horror to deal with. I chose Rotom because of it's ability to be a part of the volt-turn core while still being a spin-blocker as Smeargle without a ghost is just stupid, trick also has the benefit of crippling a more defensive mon like Umbreon, Rhyperior or Swampert who could all pose a problem for this team. After you whittle away your opponents health, you simply send in Kingdra on something that it can RD on and win (think Flare-blitz locked Darm lured by Magneton). So yeah, this is a Drag-mag/volt-turn hyper offense hybrid that focuses on eliminating key defensive threats from the opposing team, wearing them down with switches, and cleaning with either Kingdra or Flygon.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 100 Atk / 200 HP / 160 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Crobat @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 Spd / 112 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Magneton @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 136 Spd / 252 SAtk / 120 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

While most people went straight to dragons when seeing Magneton+Crobat(obligatory Band), I thought of grasses. I threw around the idea of offensive Tangrowth, Amoongus(hi brobat), Shaymin etc. I ended up choosing offensive Rose because its ability to threaten things that usually stop grasses, like Zapdos. I then had to think about if Magneton can kill that for both Band Brobat and Offensive rose(which work so fucking well together). That set was the Magnet Rise set, it can deal with Grounds as well as Steels so my two offensive threats can have an easier time. I choose Hp Ice over Grass because I wanted to be able to kill things like Gligar and Flygon, which ends up being more useful than killing Rhyperior and Swamp in the context of the rest of my team. I saw that with the team I had so far Crobat, Magneton, and Roserade Grasses, Electrics, and Waters were going to have a bad time, so going off that I decided to add Crocune, the Bane of so many teams existence. That gave me an extra Water resist and as well as an Ice resist. Seeing that Crobat, which was Banded to take advantge of Mag's trapping ability, was my only real fighting check, I decided to add Golurk which fit in my team perfectly. The No-Guard set helps me deal with Snorlax too, which is an annoyance to my team. At this point, I had a check to most threats in the meta so I thought what do I need offensively to top it all off? Mienshao of course. Late game he and Suicune can take out most stuff that the rest of my team hasnt taken care of already. The U-Turn Combo with Crobat is also useful mid-game for creating alot of momentum. The main threats I have seen to my team is NP Mew as I have nothing that wants to switch in and nothing that can straight up OHKO. LO Zap can be a problem but I can play around it.
This team has been pretty successful, its built by me what else can you expect.

CoolStoryBrobat

Reservin' this post for my own team...gonna post either tonight or tomorrow as I'm on my phone atm. I really am liking all these teams as it goes, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)