UUPL XI - Week Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Fusion Flare
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>Spreadsheet<<

Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (4) vs (6) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Highways vs Floss
SV UU: mncmt vs Fc
SV UU: xujing691691 vs Mimilucha
SS UU: Luthier vs udongirl
SM UU: avarice vs Xiri
ORAS UU: dingbat vs Elfuseon
BW UU: gum vs Expulso
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs fatty
ADV UU: LpZ vs Heysup
GSC UU: Torchic vs d0nut

vs

Area Zero Pilots (5) vs (5) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: Indigo Plateau vs Skarph
SV UU: Scottie vs vivalospride
SV UU: dunoks vs Chaitanya
SS UU: DugZa vs Ninja
SM UU: Empo vs pdt
ORAS UU: Inder vs Pak
BW UU: Fakee vs Amukamara
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs Leru
ADV UU: Garay oak vs Parpar
GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs Celebiii

vs

Celestial Tower Tycoons (5) vs (5) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Lyssa vs Xrn
SV UU: Slip vs Nat
SV UU: passion vs Lily
SS UU: Totomon vs MichaelderBeste2
SM UU: Gondra vs Askov
ORAS UU: umbry vs Wanka
BW UU: Punny vs Finchinator
DPP UU: Seldanna vs Beraldo
ADV UU: ArcticBreeze vs shiloh
GSC UU: Real FV13 vs Estarossa

vs

Mikan Island Monsters (4) vs (6) Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: talah vs Star
SV UU: Meru vs KSt3ve
SV UU: Poek vs Draphirion
SS UU: TDK vs Moutemoute
SM UU: blunder vs robjr
ORAS UU: lax vs Killintime
BW UU: SoulWind vs MrAldo
DPP UU: 16bit vs Micciu
ADV UU: crying vs Shiba
GSC UU: col49 vs kaori

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (0) vs (0) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
BW UU: gum vs Expulso

Area Zero Pilots (0) vs (0) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

Celestial Tower Tycoons (0) vs (0) Iki Town Idols

Mikan Island Monsters (0) vs (0) Safari Zone Smashers

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 12th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
SM UU: avarice vs Xiri - bolding a bit of an "upset" here because Xiri is 2-0 and has looked very solid far, but I think avarice's style matches up really well into a player like Xiri. Not much to say about Xiri so far, he's brought two solid teams and played them well to clean wins. I'm excited to see what avarice will bring here and expecting a good game that probably comes down to what avarice decides to bring. He is wholly capable of popping off in this tier despite Xiri having more appearances in this tier in past UU teamtours.

SM UU: Gondra vs Askov - Gondra decided to bring a no nonsense team this past week and it paid off for him. Askov fell to 1-1, but by no means was that game a poor showing. Going to bold the more proven one, and I think Gondra will fall into his comfort zone for teams like he did this last week and take it in a close one. I'm personally hoping to see Askov bounce back here though :)

SM UU: blunder vs robjr - rob looked strong again this week, and although he may have gotten good fortune against Empo, his SM UU experience was really shining through during that game. I probably would've bet on him to take it anyways. blunder brought an interesting team last week with an Azelf that I was struggling to figure out what it was going to do. The team was definitely pretty interesting, but it wasn't quite there in my opinion and basically lost off matchup. Haven't been super impressed with the Monsters SM so far, but I know Pearl and TDK are both monstrous at the tier. There is no doubt that it will be a good one, excited for it.

These SM matchups week in and week out are really awesome, good luck y'all

Last edited:

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters vs Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Highways vs The Sub - :worrywhirl:
SV UU: mncmt vs Fc - mence has the uncanny ability to make everyone he plays choke somehow, and I think that is not stopping anytime soon. Fc is a lucky ass bastard though so maybe it'll cancel it out.
SV UU: Xujing vs Mimilucha - rocky first game but I still think that Xujing really does deserve the #2 placement, hes good as fuck, so I expect winning from him from now on since he wont be distracted by unwashed dishes.

Celestial Tower Tycoons vs Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Lyssa vs Xrn - both have been playing, imo, really well so far in the tour. both have been bringing solid teams as well so i'm really looking forward to how thisll play out since im not sure who i rate more. maybe a slight favouring for xrn
SV UU: Slip vs Nat - nat is pretty good + idrk who slip is, so bolding nat. slip could be some god though so who knows
SV UU: passion vs Lily - after winning a pretty sketchy game last week, lily plays passion who i think is pretty good. thisll definitely be very close, but i favour lily more since she sweats it + is op af in early metas

Mikan Island Monsters vs Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: talah vs Star - Star has demolished his opponents in the past two weeks, and i dont really see that changing in the future.
SV UU: Meru vs KSt3ve - pretty sure there is a joke to be made here about meru and ksteve... anyways i think meru is a much more solid player than ksteve. he may have some techs waiting for meru and get the jump on him but i think merus gameplanning is overall more reliable
SV UU: Poek vs Feliburn -
1678075222179.png

Last edited:
Area Zero Pilots (4) vs (6) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
ORAS UU: Spl4sh vs Pak
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs Leru - tnunes has unsurprisingly looked solid so far so bolding him is ofc the safe choice. ngl tho i got prepped tf out of last week so that was a wake up call, basically lucked through the hitmonlee that owned my 6. seems like lerus in good hands when it comes to sending teams even tho this slots week 1 team looked kinda wack. lerus also seemingly capable in like literally every tier (we all saw that scheduling sheet) so i feel like this is pclose. 55/45
GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs HSA

Celestial Tower Tycoons (5) vs (5) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Slip vs Nat - cmon slip plz bro u got this bro
DPP UU: Seldanna vs Beraldo - another rly close one. beraldo still doesnt have much of a sample size as week 1 it seemed like neither of us showed any interest in playi- i mean he was recovering from his illness, and then played against fatty in a game where it didnt feel like anything too crazy happened. seldanna had a rly close game week 1 and then had a pretty shaky one week 2 unfortunately. i’ll still bold her since she prob cares more and her prep is prob more in tune 55/45

Mikan Island Monsters (7) vs (2) Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: Poek vs Feliburn
DPP UU: 16bit vs Micciu - tbh miccius looked p fire in this tier so far, and his games have been fun to watch. feel like hes just making like 1/2 blunders that couldve been cleaner (psure he risked a blaziken fire blast on a venu when his uxie was faster week 1). unfortunately 16bit isnt having a great start, although their teams have been dope as expected. not sure whos in charge in that department. feel like 16bit just need a few more things to click in game to start picking up w’s but rooting for micciu. 65/35
GSC UU: col49 vs kaori idk gsc man im sorry prob close?

MOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
34 / 57 i think idk im not counting sub games so idr the exact amount. deciding to only do writeups biweekly cause while the games have been hot so far idt enough has changed to give me an in depth look (though i also dont think ill be writing anything for sv - sm mostly)

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (5) vs (5) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
BW UU: gum vs Expulso -

Area Zero Pilots (3) vs (7) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

Mikan Island Monsters (6) vs (4) Safari Zone Smashers

glhf to former team idols and GO VTUBERS YES!!!!!

Last edited:

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor

week 3! we are 48 for 78 after two weeks

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (4) vs (6) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

BW UU: gum vs Expulso - null: already happened

DPP UU: hariyana grande vs fatty - pls bro win this one bro pls

Area Zero Pilots (4) vs (6) Cinnabar Arcade Stars

ORAS UU: Spl4sh vs Pak

GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs HSA

Celestial Tower Tycoons (4) vs (6) Iki Town Idols

ADV UU: ArcticBreeze vs shiloh - null: already happened

SV UU: Poek vs Feliburn

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
disclaimer 1: ive enjoyed the uupl games a lot so far and think the quality of play has been very high. lots of good matchups and plenty of upset potential from the majority of people ive predicted against.

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 11.44.12 AM.png

Area Zero Pilots (5) vs (5) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: Indigo Plateau vs Skarph - IP has seemed very tilted in his games as evidenced by the "nothing i can do" - i think this meta has a lot of stuff that would scare him in builder (sun, teapot, the newly dropped screens bot, scizor) and make the quest to not have an auto-lose mu very frustrating. skarph is prob more willing to accept 1 of those bad mus and has also shown creative ways around threats (the tera normal gengar answer was super heat). i thought he played the week 1 game vs ksteve pretty badly ngl -- leading wrong and throwing out like 2 mons at lead -- but his 2nd game was a lot cleaner.
SV UU: Scottie vs vivalospride - tbh i havent seen scottie's games, i kinda like his teams honestly but he's 0-2 so im leaning against him. viv's first game is probably better not discussed LOL, he did beat bea the second game although it sort of looked like bea was inting either in builder or in game. a win is a win tho, esp against the highest ranked sv player. i also trust pdt builder support more than anyone on pilots
SV UU: dunoks vs Chaitanya - chait is a good player but their sv3 has struggled & sv is generally hard to build in, also he came to the UU discord wanting tera banned which is the woat sv take
SS UU: DugZa vs Ninja - did not beat moute vs beat moute. dugza gets more acclaim bc of his circuit final runs (and possibly wins?) but i think these two are about equal in skill, ninja is solid as well.
SM UU: Empo vs pdt - I reallyyy want pdt to win thats my goat. but empo's first 2 games have also looked great, i think he played the rob one optimally and got unlucky. pdt might get lost in the sauce trying to build some tech empo will be unfamiliar with (Zeraora runs CM, Empo, which i say so that pdt doesnt load that unmon) but i trust him enough at this point to build and use something good. i know pdt will care about this mu a ton due to empo's resume as a mons player in general
ORAS UU: Spl4sh vs Pak - it's gonna happen folks. the brazilian abr will click ice punch with swampert, freeze celebi on the switch and then freeze mandibuzz as pak switches out. spl4sh is good at Odds Management like it or not and has seemingly always found a way to get the odds in this matchup, pak is great but i think that somehow spl4sh will pull it off again
BW UU: Fakee vs Amukamara - liam's the better player imo, looked good even tho he hasnt had the toughest opponents so far. fakee seemed a little lucky vs eden with the lix double protect to get past what might have been a specs empoleon. week 1 it actually seemed like fakee ripped liams team, dropped the ferroseed, then lost to kingdra - tho perhaps they coincidentally used 4 of the same 6. he also misplayed that 1 by twaving kingdra on the sub. i dont think hes awful but liam should be favored here
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs Leru - Underrated In PRs . img should pull off a win vs an opponent unfamiliar with the tier
ADV UU: Garay oak vs Parpar - Parpar has been really successful vs established opponents, taking down shiba very solidly week 1 and having a 7-2 record in official UU tours so far. garay is a really diff level of gatekeeper tho in my opinion and id always favor him vs a less known player. this will be a highlight mu for sure
GSC UU: BigFatMantis vs HSA - hsa is a legend in gsc and idt bfm is particularly good there. i do know hsa hates the tier so maybe he and inder can cook up an inspired tech that beats him

Celestial Tower Tycoons (6) vs (4) Iki Town Idols
SV UU: Lyssa vs Xrn - xrn is one of only 4 2-0 SV players right now, props to him for the good start, he played rly well around jug last week. however lyssa has much more UU knowledge than the other 2 opponents. she is a UU Mainer who will def care a lot abt this tour and should rally here. i wouldnt say i totally LOVE her teams so far but i do appreciate the use of unconventional breakers like weav and gallade (whose use is somehow super low so far).
SV UU: Slip vs Nat - new player vs a super in-form nat (as evidenced by her 6-1 SPL), despite not winning in uupl yet she should probably win this and i dont want to see the reaction if she doesnt :blobpensive:
SV UU: passion vs Lily - passion gang who up?? lily is on a big of a tear rn, undefeated in both SPL and UUPL. however these UU games were hella fishy LOL i feel like both opponents have thrown (well i didnt rly think this abt dillon but he said so enough that ill just believe him) which is not the behavior that #PASSIONGANG expects to see out of our star player.
SS UU: Totomon vs MichaelderBeste2 - He Beat Tdk sorry i hate analyzing ss. mdb had a good win with 0 zydog resist against zydog iirc? but ill take the new guy since i hear mdb doesnt care about this tour
SM UU: Gondra vs Askov - askov looked pretty solid in his win over highways, though the week 2 team was too sciz weak by his own admission he has been fine. i think gondra has a higher ceiling and seems to be getting fed good enough teams that he'll reach it
ORAS UU: umbry vs Wanka - both of them got kinda clapped last week in varying degrees of bad matchups but seemed like strong oras slots in week 1. i trust umbry more as a player but didnt love her team last week and am not sure who builds oras on the idols. however i also know that she often builds things in environments where people say "she doesnt build" (callous invitational, scl with lily as manager). it should be a very close game but ill favor umbry
BW UU: Punny vs Finchinator - punny is absolutely dominant in this tier. finch is really god as well but punny is on a whole other level to me... his matchup vs soulwind looked tough and he ended up 6-0ing, against soulwind of all people. he was 7-1 in this tier snake and really just doesnt seem to lose. i know finch has reused both his teams so far, punny might have too but i think punny is better if neither are prepping
DPP UU: Seldanna vs Beraldo - i think both players looked pretty mediocre week 2, seldanna seemed really afraid to pull a trigger against 16bit who made like 50 doubles before losing to paraflinch. beraldo might have choked (due to timer pressure, it was under 30 seconds for much of the game) by not preserving leafeon's health when it seemed like a full hp leafeon could win. i like beraldo more as a player and will biased-ly bold him due to friendship and his prior success in dpp nu
GSC UU: Real FV13 vs Estarossa - honestly there's a LOT of upset potential here, estarossa seemed unreasonably salty after his loss to d0nut and fv13 is a strong 2-0. esta is much more experienced in gsc uu than anyone on the planet fv13's prior 2 opponents, however.

SV UU: talah vs Star - Star is 2-0 so far and looked very dominant in both games. talah got a neat, strong win last week against lyssa after loading ho into tj's grafaiai wk1, but i've been overall more impressed by star. neither of his games have even been remotely close which is wild since i feel like i never see blowouts in sv uu.
SV UU: Meru vs KSt3ve - god ive never wanted so badly to be wrong, u got this meru.

the smashers' SV has looked really strong, though, having a combined 5-1 record so far. preseason i was very skeptical of their ability to build there, but it seems likely that ksteve is carrying it. i've liked their teams more than any other SV core -- steve's specs sylv zone team week 1 was a masterpiece, star's Zard sun seemed like the best iteration of that playstyle so far, and i also remember stealing feli's week 1 team. burnout is possible but with a new meta i can see them going strong and having plenty of new ideas.

i know meru has been carrying the jerk's teams lately too, winning last week with some neat, lesser-used mons like naclstack and staraptor. meru is known more as a thief than a builder though, so he is relatively newer in this new role.

i think favoring ksteve makes the most sense; i also believe he won the last time these two clashed i've been corrected, meru won their matchup 2(?) uupls ago. i will be unashamedly cheering for meru though.

SV UU: Poek vs Feliburn - poek pulled off an insanely cool win vs lunala last week and feli lost. his loss was super unlucky, needing 2 or 3 consecutive paras. (though with a normal lycanroc set he wouldve outright lost). i think it's pretty even between these 2 but dont think the smashers will 3-0 since the other 2 matchups are fairly close... gonna tilt this a little bit in poek's favor
SS UU: TDK vs Moutemoute - tdk seems head and shoulders above the non-luth ss pool in skill and results. remember that scl tdk did well in? wow. good for him. idk man i really dont have much to say about ss sorry.
SM UU: blunder vs robjr - rob has been a lot more impressive than blunder in this tier/tour. he's 2-0 and has had a great tour, despite some luck vs empo i dont think he misplayed it and he still wouldve had odds without luck. the week 1 win was clean iirc, and obviously he has a long history/resume in sm uu. the jerk is 0-2 in sm uu and probably hasnt built teams since the stall ban
ORAS UU: lax vs Killintime - kt has been good this tour but lax has looked insane. both of his games have been absolutely dominant, i thought the win vs umbry was the most impressive game ive seen this tour.
BW UU: SoulWind vs MrAldo - soulwind is obviously the more acclaimed player, even though he doesnt have that much experience in bw uu and most likely doesnt actively build there. mraldo is a builder tryhard, tho eden was too and that slot is 0-2. it's a tough pool to be thrown into, particularly when the opponent is soulwind
DPP UU: 16bit vs Micciu - micciu has been great so far, 16bit looked outmatched week 1 (though it was sped up by a crit on uxie) and got unlucky but also seemed to take unnecessary risks (letting twave onto molt) week 2. he makes a lot of doubles which is impressive but i still think his experience in the tier is lacking. he only gets more week by week ofc but micciu has seemed to have more between these 2 new dpp uuers.
ADV UU: crying vs Shiba - both players are 0-2 so far, shiba is more accomplished in the tier and has a long resume etc. surely he gets one this week, though crying is also a good player and it def wont be free
GSC UU: col49 vs kaori - 1-1 vs 2-0 im sheetreading bc im almost done and dont know this tier

good luck to all and go friends!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)