UUPL XI - Finals [Won By Iki Town Idols]

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Fusion Flare
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>Spreadsheet<<

Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Iki Town Idols (6) vs (3) Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: Lily vs Star
SV UU: Nat vs Moutemoute
SV UU: Askov vs Feliburn
SS UU: MichaelderBeste2 vs KSt3ve
SM UU: EternalSnowman vs robjr
ORAS UU: Xrn vs Killintime
BW UU: Finchinator vs Shiba
DPP UU: mael vs Micciu
ADV UU: shiloh vs eden
GSC UU: Estarossa vs kaori

Iki Town Idols (0) vs (0) Safari Zone Smashers

The deadline for this round is Sunday, April 23rd at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Iki Town Idols (6) vs (4) Safari Zone Smashers

some shit predicts:

Iki Town Idols (4) vs (6) Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: Lily vs Star - Dont know much about sv as a whole, but i do know Star has been on fire for most of this tour. Lily could potentially win this in the builder, but assuming an even mu i gotta bold Star.

SV UU: Nat vs Moutemoute - Nat has been generally solid here, along with a v nice record in spl. Moutes game in semis was painful to watch. Maybe if he gets some luck early game he can induce some tilting but who knows.

SV UU: Askov vs Feliburn - This might be considered an upset but Askov brought stall last week so i cant in good conscience bold him.

SS UU: MichaelderBeste2 vs KSt3ve - Both of these players have had a pretty great run up to this point. Steve will surely be prepping his ass off for this one. However, MDB2 is just a better player in regards to in-game execution. Gotta go with German engineering

SM UU: EternalSnowman vs robjr - Feel like rob is heavily favoured in this slot. Could argue he has the most sm experience on the whole site. ESM not bad by any means, but this is gonna be a tough hill to climb.

ORAS UU: Xrn vs Killintime - Kt consistently brings the sauce and its been working really well. Despite being a washed boomer or whatever i think the triple threat of experience, crack, and dad strength will defeat Xrn

BW UU: Finchinator vs Shiba - Battle of opposites in BW. On one hand we have Finch, who has probably done 0 prep this tour but has been executing pretty well. Then we have the Smashers BW slot as a whole, who certainly prep hard but cant seem to execute in game.

DPP UU: mael vs Micciu - Micciu sports the best dpp record and is backed by probably the strongest support as well. mael could very well load some cheese and bs their way through this but I gotta go with the french in this one.

ADV UU: shiloh vs eden - 6-1 on the season which i think is the best record in the tour? pretty hard to bold against that. I will say this is probably closer than it seems, eden was cooking in semis but kinda fumbled the end game. I think if he can map out the game a little better he has a solid shot at upsetting.

GSC UU: Estarossa vs kaori - If this mu was in week 1 id have bolded esta no question. As the tour has progressed it seems as if he might be cursed. Kaori came back from the dead to put up a pretty solid performance thus far.

UR MOM WILL WIN THIS WEEK

Iki Town Idols (7) vs (3) Safari Zone Smashers

120 / 200, i completely forgot about the gsc sub but thats probably for the better because i wouldve bolded kaori LMAO whoops! i told killintime i wasnt going to do predictions cause i'm still pretty bummed and bitter about our season ending and how it ended, but it'd probably be shitty to not finish this off.

Iki Town Idols (4) vs (6) Safari Zone Smashers
SM UU: EternalSnowman vs robjr - feeling extremely vindicated about my unwavering faith in rob btw
ORAS UU: Xrn vs Killintime - this is really, really counterintuitive if i'm following my superstition, coupled with my bet it could fuck me out of some money. hopefully not! that game last week might've been fucked for killintime if pak managed to get rocks up, and i feel like that end game was somehow close to being losable for him but i don't really know how to articulate why nor do i really feel like it. but with that being said it'd be disingenuous to predict against him here - while i do think xrns a really good player and his building is p neat, missavs aside (i think absol was an insane progress maker even with that infernape in the fray), kt is better at applying the hurt if he positions himself well, and i'm not sure how xrn will be able to react to any incoming headassery.
BW UU: Finchinator vs Shiba - im not gonna lie, i am really close to bolding shiba here. did not like finchs team last week, at all. feel like your progress maker is getting up hazards and then getting good future sight rolls with slowking, but that doesnt even work that well because stoise spins on half of that team and future sight barely does any damage this gen in the first place....like i mean i get it kind of but really i don't. i was going to bold shiba, but honestly i am hoping me mentioning this will kind of give some sort of initiative to finch to not bring a team like that again. there are like 5 s ranks in the tier (there's also a s+ (hint: its togekiss)) so i'm hoping he makes something work. shiba also brought a team that is kind of do nothing because bu scrafty requires a lot of support and honestly he probably did the whole slowking build worse than finch, but not by a whole lot. very generic to say that finchs experience will give him the favorability but whatever idc.
DPP UU: mael vs Micciu - i had to leave like a quarter way through miccius game but my understanding is that it was kind of a wash. what i do know is that, like seldanna, he brought the stupidest clefable set vs a less stupid but still stupid clef set and ended up winning through it. similarly, mael also brought the less stupid clef set, and ended up losing to the stupid clef set. or well, he shouldve, but then uhhh things happened....but like, it shouldve won LOL basically, knock encore is basically a fat killer to end all fat killers imo. that's pretty much the main reason i'm picking micciu here, but he knows what he's doing and 6-2 is hard as hell to pull off for your first season.
ADV UU: shiloh vs eden - shiloh has the best record in the tour, really making me eat shit in the power rankings. team choices have been on point despite the source...a real pop of the crayon if you will. i don't really have much else to say here about him. sunny should not have lost that game last week and if i was noah i wouldve punched a hole the size of a coconut through my wall. i think theres a good shot he ends up with a favorable mu but that game last week is enough to make me bold rozes, even if he also has the skill overall that could match with his opponent.
GSC UU: Estarossa vs kaori - i was not watching shit about kaoris game last week because i was focusing on our own which was happening at the same time, but noah was gassing up the team in call and i know a pilo moment occured. that's enough knowledge for me, but even if i wanted to dig deep enough to learn more, which i don't really feel like at all, the show seems to have been down bad this season. real fv13's a genius tho so i won't hold semis against him.

don't have a big preference for who wins - i should be bitter enough to root against the idols and that feeling is there kind of but it might be a little bad faith to root against my former manager, Lily i can tell you've probably worked really hard this season and after teaming with you in both tours last year i can confidently say you deserve it more than most despite not being around as much as a good chunk of us. please don't call yourself a boomer though, you are like three years away from that and that's being generous. on the other hand Thisbemyalt the way you talk about your team from calling with you i can a) relate to you in your anxiety and b) tell that you give way too much of a fuck about this tour for someone who has kind of sat on the sidelines for a long time. hoping for a good series here, glhf all.

---

just want to say a few words, again, to my team...my beloved vtubers.....i really did feel like this year was the year. we had a really high raw skill level, our draft was really really fucking good, and we worked really really really fucking hard. like dude we had more activity than pretty much any team here, and more than pretty much 99% of teams in subforum tours. i feel really hoed and i feel really bummed, because it's been literally 9 years since my first uupl (i'm sure if you've heard me bitch this past week you know that by now though) and it's depressing that i haven't been able to make finals, let alone win, since after that first one. despite our loss i know for a fact we deserved this tour. we were better than everyone else, but "things just didnt shake out" as i always say when i don't know what else to say. not going to do individual shoutouts for everyone but this season meant a lot to me so i'm glad and honored to team with yall. umbry Lyssa you know this already from my constant moaning mixed with copium over the past 48 hours, but i'm grateful you let me take this on with you two. i think we did everything right and did everything as good as we could possibly have done, and if i do this again i hope you'll be willing to team with me again.

sorry if this is too annoying or corny or self serving, just wanted to get it out. i'll cyall in the next uu team tour probably whenever that is because i'm too brain wormed to quit here evidently

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)