Tournament UUPL VII - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

(banner by HotFuzzBall, butchered by me—I drew that altaria myself!)
The UnderUsed Premier League VII - Week 7
STANDINGS (credit to The Kyle)
Driftveil City Doctors (6)
vs.
(3)
Iki Town Idols

SM UU: Adaam vs. Charmflash
SM UU: Arifeen vs. Sage
SM UU: Amane Misa vs. PinkDragonTamer
SM UU: SilvioGuacamole vs. Robert Alfons
ORAS UU: TSR vs. Teddeh
BW UU: Amukamara vs. Chill Shadow
DPP UU: Highways vs. fatty
ADV UU: Finding True Love vs. Mazz
GSC UU: Diophantine vs. kaori
Bo3: robjr vs. Shiba
Ruin Valley Rangers (5)
vs.
(5)
Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SM UU: Gondra vs. Amaroq
SM UU: Darksafadao vs. Kory2600
SM UU: Santu vs. itsjustdrew
SM UU: Jarii vs. martha
ORAS UU: Wanka vs. Hogg
BW UU: Lycans vs. EviGaro
DPP UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Heysup
ADV UU: Raichy vs. The Kyle
GSC UU: alive vs. xJoelituh
Bo3: Accelgor vs. Kink
Mikan Island Monsters (5)
vs.
(5) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

SM UU: Osh vs. CBU
SM UU: TDK vs. vivalospride
SM UU: Poek vs. FUMA HI-FI
SM UU: Jaajgko vs. Mindnight
ORAS UU: Eyan vs. dingbat
BW UU: col49 vs. Alkione
DPP UU: august vs. Donphantastic
ADV UU: Plas vs. amber lamps
GSC UU: HSA vs. Sinkyr
Bo3: Pearl vs. lax
Route 30 Youngsters (5)
vs.
(1)
Goldenrod City Grunts

SM UU: DubFreaknakeeb vs. HarrisIsAwesome
SM UU: FLCL vs. Chaitanya
SM UU: Lopunny Kicks vs. Eternally
SM UU: elodin vs. Finchinator
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit vs. Sun
BW UU: KratosMana vs. Freeroamer
DPP UU: Gilbert arenas vs. Heroic Troller
ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. McMeghan
GSC UU: choolio vs. Earthworm
Bo3: ict vs. r0ady

Some reminders and clarification:
The Bo3 is in SM, ORAS, and BW. The series can be played in any order as long as both players agree on said order. If players cannot agree, default to SM first with the loser picking the next one.

Baton Pass is banned from ADV and DPP, but not banned in BW.

NFE Pokemon are banned in ADV UU as per standard ADV UU rules.

All standard tournament rules apply.

The deadline is Sunday, May 19 at 11PM GMT -5 (4AM GMT May 20).

Last edited:

TheUndeclared243

Banned deucer.
Driftveil City Doctors vs. Iki Town Idols

SM UU: CKW vs. Charmflash
SM UU: Arifeen vs. Sage
SM UU: Amane Misa vs. PinkDragonTamer
SM UU: SilvioGuacamole vs. Robert Alfons
ORAS UU: TSR vs. Teddeh
BW UU: Amukamara vs. Chill Shadow
DPP UU: Highways vs. fatty
ADV UU: Finding True Love vs. Mazz
GSC UU: Diophantine vs. kaori
Bo3: robjr vs. Shiba

Ruin Valley Rangers vs. Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SM UU: Gondra vs. Amaroq
SM UU: Darksafadao vs. Kory2600
SM UU: Santu vs. itsjustdrew
SM UU: Jarii vs. martha
ORAS UU: Wanka vs. Hogg
BW UU: Lycans vs. EviGaro
DPP UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Heysup
ADV UU: Raichy vs. The Kyle
GSC UU: alive vs. xJoelituh
Bo3: Accelgor vs. Kink

Route 30 Youngsters vs. Goldenrod City Grunts

SM UU: Mana vs. HarrisIsAwesome
SM UU: FLCL vs. Chaitanya
SM UU: Lopunny Kicks vs. Eternally
SM UU: elodin vs. Finchinator
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit vs. Sun
BW UU: KratosMana vs. Freeroamer
DPP UU: Gilbert arenas vs. Heroic Troller
ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. McMeghan
GSC UU: choolio vs. Earthworm
Bo3: ict vs. r0ady

Looking forward to some great battles! It's been a great UUPL so far, I've learned a lot about the tier from watching!

Mikan Island Monsters vs. Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

SM UU: Osh vs. CBU
SM UU: TDK vs. vivalospride
SM UU: Poek vs. FUMA HI-FI
SM UU: Jaajgko vs. Mindnight
ORAS UU: Eyan vs. dingbat
BW UU: col49 vs. Alkione
DPP UU: august vs. Donphantastic - donny you better win or i'm gonna cry about all 13 games you've made me practice with you for
ADV UU: Plas vs. amber lamps
GSC UU: HSA vs. Sinkyr
Bo3: Pearl vs. lax

GO FRIENDS!

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well since my teams out I wanted to try my hand at predicts, so without further ramblings.

Chokecity Doctors vs. NEET Town Idols:
Oras TSR vs. teddeh: Tsr has his ups and downs but I feel like he wants to prove that he could have been a lot more than just a support slot so he may actually give a shit about this fight, and while teddeh is a solid player I feel like his builds are somewhat linear and like me tends to rely on fatter builds in order to play for the long game which can be prepped for pretty easily in oras.

DPP: Highways vs. fatty: fatty is a decent dpp player and highways hasn't really done anything this UUPL to give me reason to think he was really in the game both on and off the court. He could try and prove me wrong here if he cares enough about his current record to try and make a push here but we'll have to see about that.

ADV: FTL vs. mazz: This ones a tough one for me, like a lot of people love to hate on FTL but I mean hes been putting out the work this UUPL to be fair, and while some may say "so and so choked" he still put himself in those positions to win from there. That being said FTLs builds can be a little odd and sometimes even lack kanga resists in the kanga tier, so I am inclined to think mazz will come out on top just can't say for certain.

Bo3: Shiba vs. robjr: Robs been showing solid play all UUPL as well as in other tours in recent days, with G1 being secure as long as he brings anything that triggers shiba such as terrak he should be able to come out on top here. Jokes aside I'd like to see shiba show me I am in the wrong here and that he is more than just "x meme+rapper" as he is a decent player when he wants to be.

Tree House Rangers vs. The battle kinks:
SM: Gondra vs. Amaroq: Now I've known amaroq for a very long time.... His motivation this UUPL has been pretty uhh... Well this is usually how he is anyways although it feels like hes been doing worse than usual. Hes been showing up to his games at least, but if he's always going to go into his games assuming hes going to be thrown through a window back and forth hes not going to make much progress as a player (not that he probably cares about anyways). Either way his team is out so im sure hes probably even less willing to give it some effort..if thats possible?

oras: Wanka vs. Hogg: This is another tough one for me, Hogg has been lookin pretty washed this UUPL and hopefully hes out of the dryer now and smellin like fabric softener. His team is out but Hoggs builds are usually interesting to me and should actually do well versus what wanka generally brings but Hoggs team is out and the rangers are one of the better teams as of current standing so I am sure they will probably prep accordingly to maintain their status.

Bo3: Accelgor vs. Kink: If it was any other week I may have left this one up in the air, but accelgor is still on the hunt this UUPL after getting robbed some weeks. Kinks got a strong sense of competition and while his team is out he probably isn't going to let that stop him from trying to crush accel here with his builds that have a tendency to mess around with a lot of common cores.

The Monsters vs. The People Who I Despise:
DPP: Donny vs. Augest: A tough fight I'd say, but I love donny so if I predict for him to win he'll end up losing via the powers that be. (:sideangle: :sideangle::sideangle::sideangle::sideangle::sideangle::sideangle::sideangle::sideangle:).

Gl everyone and make sure to have fun remember while some of us are here to increase the size of our man cards whether you have a bad record or a good record if you aren't enjoying yourself then their isn't a real point to playing when you could just armchair with the lads postgame.

also Wanka cmon man.. here are some links you might find useful...

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
more lukewarm predicts...

docs vs idols
40 CKW v Charmflash 60 - I love CKW but Charmflash is rlly good but i dont rlly know how good cause i dont pay attention to anything on this site so ill just stick to the default 60-40
40 Arifeen v Sage 60 - Sage has been p cold in the SM slot for a bit but ik she's amazing and is still a beast so I think this is a safe pick.
65 Amane Misa v pdt 35 - I love both of these people but misa I think is too good to bet against in this matchup but pdt is also overlooked so I hope this is a good game.
60 Silvio v Robert Alfons 40 - still dont know anything bout roberto so im goin w/ default 60 40 :weary:

rangers vs battlegirls
40 Gondra v Amaroq 60 - After he waited for CBU last week I want Amaroq to win all his games for the rest of his life :)
45 safa v Kory2600 55 - Kory is p good and brought Clefairy and almost won so I'll bet on him but im a fan of safa so I hope it's a good game.
60 Santu v itsjustdrew 40 - I honestly don't know shit about Santu but chances are he's more experienced and confident than drew so i'll just roll with this, hope drew plays well tho.
40 Jarii v martha 60 - After we stalled her last week I want her to win all her games ever :)

youngsters vs grunts
50 mana v harris 50 - no idea, idk whos better but ik harris has better building support.. however scarf final gambit luke was awesome.
40 FLCL v Chaitanya 60 - chait was on my randbats team tour team
60 Lopunny Kicks v eternally 40 - lop is lookin good this uupl, should be a good game tho
55 elodin v finch 45 - idk anything about either of these people but after last week elodin should be hungry and i always see finch complaining about hax every time anything goes even remotely in his opp's favor so badabing

im literally illiterate so if u take offense ur stupid, have a good last week lads n_n

Won vs Ash's Raichy, gg

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3uu-442072

I'm glad to have done better than the last season so I feel like I repayed my duties for Kink Sacri' and all the battle girls because this is the coolest team I've played here in Smogon.

Our season this year was terrible and we struggled a lot in SM but I had lots of fun in the chat/playing adv uu and I hope to play again next year :)

Rooting for the Friends now because they were the underdogs the whole tournament

Gg, Ash trained me pretty bad. Also for the people that was asking about Pikachu evolving, I just gave you guys a spoiler, live with that.

PD: I talked to him and he said that he wants his Pikachu. I'll need help and If anyone has an idea of what can I do pls contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)