Tournament UUPL VII - Finals - Won by the Ruin Valley Rangers

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Re: Leru vs Fatty
Times in GMT+2

[/hide

Alright so I'm obviously already pissed that this week is getting extended to Monday despite CS missing 2-3 times. I'll try to digress in this post, but it does have unfair implications in this situation. As seen in the screens, Leru reached out on Monday in discord pms and didn't get a response till early Saturday his time. Leru said his timezone in the initial pm, and fatty wasn't available to play until late on Saturday and Sunday GMT+2. Leru wasn't around on Saturday and obv said in the vm he had to wake up very early tomorrow. With all this said, it could've easily been avoided had it been talked through if there was any contact from the idols prior to 1 day before the day of the deadline. What I'm saying ultimately boils down into these points:

1) With no response until Saturday and limited availability that's incompatible with the other player, fatty would be subbed or given an activity loss in literally any other week. I understand people want the finals games to be played, but we clearly held up our end to get it done. This ties into the other decision, but apparently because there aren't any weeks left after this, players can schedule for whenever the flip they want.
2) This is where the other decision comes into play. So because another flawed decision was made beforehand in the same week, I guess that can be used as a crutch to get out of horrid scheduling? Alright then.

I don't want to hear anything about this post being a fishing attempt. My player, leru, reached out the day that finals were posted, and that wasn't respected until 6 days after. In what world should fatty be bailed out, and beyond that, allowed to stay in? If we don't get the activity win for this or if the idols aren't forced to at least sub then this tour is officially a joke.

edit: "forced to sub" in reference to when leru said he could play tomorrow, if that is what the decision comes down to. He's gone today.

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Re: Leru vs Fatty

Alright so I'm obviously already pissed that this week is getting extended to Monday despite CS missing 2-3 times. I'll try to digress in this post, but it does have unfair implications in this situation. As seen in the screens, Leru reached out on Monday in discord pms and didn't get a response till early Saturday his time. Leru said his timezone in the initial pm, and fatty wasn't available to play until late on Saturday and Sunday GMT+2. Leru wasn't around on Saturday and obv said in the vm he had to wake up very early tomorrow. With all this said, it could've easily been avoided had it been talked through if there was any contact from the idols prior to 1 day before the day of the deadline. What I'm saying ultimately boils down into these points:

1) With no response until Saturday and limited availability that's incompatible with the other player, fatty would be subbed or given an activity loss in literally any other week. I understand people want the finals games to be played, but we clearly held up our end to get it done. This ties into the other decision, but apparently because there aren't any weeks left after this, players can schedule for whenever the flip they want.
2) This is where the other decision comes into play. So because another flawed decision was made beforehand in the same week, I guess that can be used as a crutch to get out of horrid scheduling? Alright then.

I don't want to hear anything about this post being a fishing attempt. My player, leru, reached out the day that finals were posted, and that wasn't respected until 6 days after. In what world should fatty be bailed out, and beyond that, allowed to stay in? If we don't get the activity win for this or if the idols aren't forced to at least sub then this tour is officially a joke.

edit: "forced to sub" in reference to when leru said he could play tomorrow, if that is what the decision comes down to. He's gone today.
In my opinion, activity losses / subs are a last resort. As you said yourself, it's the finals, meaning that there is really no issue at all if the tour is extended just one more day. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to see the most competitive games possible played. I will agree that waiting until Saturday makes scheduling hard, but fatty even said himself that he meant to respond earlier and forgot. People make mistakes, and seeing that there is no real issue with them playing Monday other than maybe setting a precedent that people can extend whenever they want during the finals, which even I would be skeptical about if it was more than one or two days, I think this is a much smaller issue than it seems in your post. Even if you think that not responding until 6 days later is ridiculous, I have had times in my life where I've been busy enough to not touch Smogon / PS for weeks on end, and I hope that instead of forcing subs / losses we can just literally get the game done tomorrow. All that said, it is pretty clear that this happened because fatty waited until Saturday to respond, but I do think that extending one day is a much more reasonable fix than getting an activity loss or sub for this match. I would trust the hosts of these tours not to let this become a norm, but I don't really see finals weeks being extended one or two days max being a big issue even if that were to happen in the future. I also don't think you should just call the tour a joke just because you don't get the decision that would clearly benefit your team, even if one of our players made a mistake causing the tour, which is literally over after these last 3 matches bar a tiebreak, to be done tomorrow instead of today? In my eyes it's an overreaction. I hope you don't see this as an attack but rather an attempt to get the most competitive finals possible done in a reasonable manner.

E: Also if Leru hadn't agreed to Monday already there would be a bigger issue but there's a set time for this game already.
EE: Deadline extension is official

Last edited:

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
In my opinion, activity losses / subs are a last resort. As you said yourself, it's the finals, meaning that there is really no issue at all if the tour is extended just one more day. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to see the most competitive games possible played. I will agree that waiting until Saturday makes scheduling hard, but fatty even said himself that he meant to respond earlier and forgot. People make mistakes, and seeing that there is no real issue with them playing Monday other than maybe setting a precedent that people can extend whenever they want during the finals, which even I would be skeptical about if it was more than one or two days, I think this is a much smaller issue than it seems in your post. Even if you think that not responding until 6 days later is ridiculous, I have had times in my life where I've been busy enough to not touch Smogon / PS for weeks on end, and I hope that instead of forcing subs / losses we can just literally get the game done tomorrow. All that said, it is pretty clear that this happened because fatty waited until Saturday to respond, but I do think that extending one day is a much more reasonable fix than getting an activity loss or sub for this match. I would trust the hosts of these tours not to let this become a norm, but I don't really see finals weeks being extended one or two days max being a big issue even if that were to happen in the future. I also don't think you should just call the tour a joke just because you don't get the decision that would clearly benefit your team, even if one of our players made a mistake causing the tour, which is literally over after these last 3 matches bar a tiebreak, to be done tomorrow instead of today? In my eyes it's an overreaction. I hope you don't see this as an attack but rather an attempt to get the most competitive finals possible done in a reasonable manner.

E: Also if Leru hadn't agreed to Monday already there would be a bigger issue but there's a set time for this game already.
No, this isn't an overreaction. Both these cases were quite literally bending the rules to benefit a team that didn't follow them. My players either took initiative to reach out early but were ignored, or wasted time showing up to games that didn't happen multiple times, as a result of the other simply not doing what they're supposed to. You would think in finals that they would make sure to be on top of things. But no, the fact that it's finals has become a crutch to lean on to reward bad scheduling. What's to prevent us from pushing this one more week? Hell what's the point of even having a deadline? Lets just keep pushing it back after missing 5 more scheduled times. This is utterly ridiculous.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
No, this isn't an overreaction. Both these cases were quite literally bending the rules to benefit a team that didn't follow them. My players either took initiative to reach out early but were ignored, or wasted time showing up to games that didn't happen multiple times, as a result of the other simply not doing what they're supposed to. You would think in finals that they would make sure to be on top of things. But no, the fact that it's finals has become a crutch to lean on to reward bad scheduling. What's to prevent us from pushing this one more week? Hell what's the point of even having a deadline? Lets just keep pushing it back after missing 5 more scheduled times. This is utterly ridiculous.
I would agree if they hadn't already scheduled for Monday, which is literally one day. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. You also assume that they ignored those messages, but everyone has a life outside of Pokemon. Takes priority any day for me over scheduling a tournament match for fun.

E: If you wanted to get this activity win or sub or whatever you should have told Leru not to agree to that time

Last edited:

Pak

vortex
I would agree if they hadn't already scheduled for Monday, which is literally one day. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. You also assume that they ignored those messages, but everyone has a life outside of Pokemon. Takes priority any day for me over scheduling a tournament match for fun.
Yet Accel showed up to 2-3 times while in school full time, working 45 hours a week, and literally has pneumonia, yet was met with nothing but a Monday extension where he has both of the former going on.
:blobthinking:

Fatty would've never asked for Monday if the other decision hadn't already been made, and Leru gave him an honest answer to accommodate him, while saying himself that he's going to be busy till Wednesday. That notion goes both ways and these decisions are outright disrespectful to us.

Pak U do realize to get any kind of activity u have to have had tried your best to get the game done right? The only reason i didnt play on my phone while stuck in traffic is because accel very clearly agreed on a sunday possibility whether u like it or not as he has said "yeah this works" without ever saying he cant do sunday afterwards until after he literally ran out of time, why would i play on my phone when i can just play sunday? I even got online on discord around scheduled time to tell him im stuck in traffic and he didnt say a word, not about the time nor about him not being able sunday, thats why u dont get to be pissed at the shittiest act fish ive ever had the displeasure of facing. He just wanted the act win so bad he forgot about a whole day.
E: oh and while im at it, i only missed 1 time by being late 1 hour, dont pull that 2-3 times bs, i was there Friday i didnt miss it, i just preferred Saturday because we had 2 backup plans lol. And the earlier sat time was never really on the table because not only mr accel has a lot going on in his life which btw doesnt matter at all

Last edited:

Pak

vortex
Pak U do realize to get any kind of activity u have to have had tried your best to get the game done right? The only reason i didnt play on my phone while stuck in traffic is because accel very clearly agreed on a sunday possibility whether u like it or not as he has said "yeah this works" without ever saying he cant do sunday afterwards until after he literally ran out of time, why would i play on my phone when i can just play sunday? I even got online on discord around scheduled time to tell him im stuck in traffic and he didnt say a word, not about the time nor about him not being able sunday, thats why u dont get to be pissed at the shittiest act fish ive ever had the displeasure of facing. He just wanted the act win so bad he forgot about a whole day.
E: oh and while im at it, i only missed 1 time by being late 1 hour, dont pull that 2-3 times bs, i was there Friday i didnt miss it, i just preferred Saturday because we had 2 backup plans lol. And the earlier sat time was never really on the table because not only mr accel has a lot going on in his life which btw doesnt matter at all
Alright we're still doing this.

You're really giving a justification that you would've played on phone had you known he wasn't available Sunday, yet you didn't tell him where you were until 90 minutes after the scheduled time. He even made it clear any time following 5 pm his time was not doable on his end. I don't have the full details on your end, but based on the sound of this traffic message and your suggestion of playing on phone, you weren't the one driving and apparently you couldn't possibly give Accel even a heads up that you were running late until 90 minutes after the fact and he was already gone. This is in no way a valid excuse.

re: trying hardest to get the game done
Alright so if you don't consider the initial john missing a time, then would you not consider it Accel being proactive and trying to get the game done? What about bringing up an additional time, albeit which you couldn't guarantee and that's fine, but he was still obviously trying to get the game done? According to you, he was 100% hell bent on activity fishing, all while you turned down one chance to play then you were completely unreasonable during the second instance, even taking the traffic circumstances into account.

Should Accel have given a heads up that he had to work on Sunday? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that he was physically incapable of playing, after trying 3 separate times to get it done, prior to it ever coming down to that. If you think Accel didn't try his hardest to get this done then you're out of your god damn mind.

I'm done here.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
yeah except accel never stated that he was available on sunday like you mentioned

in fact, if your opponent tells you they’re free all day friday & saturday & says “idk about sunday bc of work, let’s shoot for saturday”, this pretty clearly states that you shouldn’t count on sunday being available

U do realize to get any kind of activity u have to have had tried your best to get the game done right? I even got online on discord around scheduled time to tell him im stuck in traffic and he didnt say a word, not about the time nor about him not being able sunday, thats why u dont get to be pissed at the shittiest act fish ive ever had the displeasure of facing. He just wanted the act win so bad he forgot about a whole day.
and then this is the part that bothers me the most. why are people making fun of & posting memes of accel when the dude just followed all the rules? you really think he didn’t try to get the game done & is trying to be shitty & “fish” for act? let’s see screens of our team chat to easily disprove you

this very clearly shows accel is willing to respect the entirety of the scheduled time on saturday instead of bailing out on his game despite you not showing up previously

again, this is him personally telling us that he wants to play & waiting the entire hour to do so instead of leaving early & taking the win

it was clear that you weren’t showing up on time & by the time that you messaged him he had already left, as seen above. this is by no means a “shitty fishing attempt.” he was online & available to play for multiple hours both friday & saturday like agreed, but you couldn’t find time on friday due to wcop stuff (whatever that means, how is this preventing you from playing one tour game the whole day?) & then being stuck in traffic at 12:23 am your time & you couldn’t tell him at all before? bro I’m sorry but in any other tour this is very easily an act win for accel yet he was still trying to find a way to get the game done despite a nonsense extension (don’t tell me it’s not nonsense when I’m literally in charge of running OU subforum tours btw altho this decision is now besides the point).

but instead, let’s get members of my team to post shitty memes about someone who has stuck to the book on the rules bc you interpreted a message incorrectly & didn’t wanna play fri/sat. yet you still disrespect him & call his irl irrelevant lol. have some respect

e: pak kinda sniped but I wrote this on mobile in bed so w/e

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
yeah except accel never stated that he was available on sunday like you mentioned

View attachment 178165

in fact, if your opponent tells you they’re free all day friday & saturday & says “idk about sunday bc of work, let’s shoot for saturday”, this pretty clearly states that you shouldn’t count on sunday being available

and then this is the part that bothers me the most. why are people making fun of & posting memes of accel when the dude just followed all the rules? you really think he didn’t try to get the game done & is trying to be shitty & “fish” for act? let’s see screens of our team chat to easily disprove you

View attachment 178173

this very clearly shows accel is willing to respect the entirety of the scheduled time on saturday instead of bailing out on his game despite you not showing up previously

View attachment 178174

View attachment 178177

again, this is him personally telling us that he wants to play & waiting the entire hour to do so instead of leaving early & taking the win

View attachment 178179

it was clear that you weren’t showing up on time & by the time that you messaged him he had already left, as seen above. this is by no means a “shitty fishing attempt.” he was online & available to play for multiple hours both friday & saturday like agreed, but you couldn’t find time on friday due to wcop stuff (whatever that means, how is this preventing you from playing one tour game the whole day?) & then being stuck in traffic at 12:23 am your time & you couldn’t tell him at all before? bro I’m sorry but in any other tour this is very easily an act win for accel yet he was still trying to find a way to get the game done despite a nonsense extension (don’t tell me it’s not nonsense when I’m literally in charge of running OU subforum tours btw altho this decision is now besides the point).

but instead, let’s get members of my team to post shitty memes about someone who has stuck to the book on the rules bc you interpreted a message incorrectly & didn’t wanna play fri/sat. yet you still disrespect him & call his irl irrelevant lol. have some respect

e: pak kinda sniped but I wrote this on mobile in bed so w/e
i’m really done talking about the activity stuff, but the point of the memes are literally just to be jokes i don’t really understand why that’s a main issue, even if you don’t find them funny. and he didn’t “get” us to post shitty memes we just posted stuff we thought was funny. none of us hate accel but this has been frustrating for both sides i feel, nor do we intend to disrespect his irl as i think it’s been made clear that both sides have busy circumstances to get these games done, i just don’t rlly get why you’re calling out ppl for posting memes because in no way do i think any of those jokes stepped over the line. i’d be interested to hear your thoughts this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)