Tournament UUPL VII Commencement Thread

As pif said, and obviously I didn't have any part in this, that the friends were taken as a joke originally. The majority of the people on the friends are my friends, or at least people I've had good conversations with. That being said, even if I don't know you personally, I'm really proud of you all for making it this far, and will continue to cheer for you all as your biggest fan, even through losses. People have looked down upon you all as beginning fresh meat for them to tear apart, but you have shown them otherwise. I hope you all continue to do so, and I wish you all the best of luck in the rest of your games. I would also like to give a shoutout to my friend pokeisfun for standing strong as a new manager and motivating his team through the good and bad times. Pif, you're a great manager, and an even better friend, and I'm so glad I was here to see you manage such an amazing team like this. Go all of you, and bring home the experience, whether through wins or losses, take something from it, and I'll see you all another day.

Go friends!

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
We didn't make playoffs and I didn't meet my own standards in terms of individual performance for sure, but this was definitely a dope experience. My manager was definitely a wildcard going into the draft and definitely drafted a team that we expected from him, on paper it looked like we were gonna lose every week by a landslide and that's what people said in PRs and shit as well. I went into this uupl just hoping to get drafted as I've felt overlooked for a minute and I wanted a chance, I wasn't expecting much playing time at all, maybe some SM4 slot if anything. I know others on my team were expecting the same and showed their worth, Donphantastic being the prime example of this. But getting to start at SM2 every week was definitely more than I could've ever asked for with this tour. I got to face a lot of good competition in which probably everyone other than me and the FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON TRAINERS thought I had slim chance at victory.

Our manager believed in all of us and over the past 7 weeks we def had a super family-like environment goin on in that discord and it was genuinely a pleasure to be a part of this team. If the draft happened again I'd want the exact same team w/o a doubt. We exceeded everyone's expectations except for our manager's which he constantly reminded us that we were meeting.

FUMA HI-FI - This uupl wasn't shit w/o you and you were worth every dime, every build I made ran through you before anyone else and you helped us all more than you know.
pokeisfun - Best manager any of us could ask for, believed in all of us to the end and made every second of talking in discord enjoyable.
CBU - We butted heads at times but you were always really supportive towards literally everyone on the team, webs are viable tho ur stupid as shit :psyglad:.
Donphantastic - Literally the best dpp uuer of all time, thank you for carrying us D: and being a pleasure to be around throughout the whole tour.
passion - Very glad I met you in this tour, you suck dick tho oml hahaha.
Clefable - The best cheerleader, made the discord 20x better.
Bebo - The other best cheerleader :blobtriumph:.
dingbat - You killed this uupl and even stepped up as bo3 for a bit. Always super positive and never failed to motivate us with your random spamming in all caps.
DrReuniclus - Great locker room energy throughout the whole tour, fr glad you were on the team.
lax - Like I said earlier to you, you could've easily just dipped on us if you wanted week 1 and nobody aside from the team woulda judged you for it, but you stayed and tried your best every time you were assigned to play.
Alkione - Best bw uuer alive not a single cap in sight.
Kreme - Definitely glad we got you after rodri dipped b/c interacting with you has always been a treat.
hs - You're super dope and you've got a hella high skill ceiling, you did great and I wish you weren't as busy D:.
Sinkyr - Definitely very glad you were our GSCer, you were super positive and consistent this whole tour. Started every week and killed every week, didn't crack under pressure.
Noitu - You seem to be the nicest human being alive, I wish you played more D:.
amber lamps - You had a rough tour but you gave every week your all and we always believed in you, brought us a dub when we needed it most in the last week too.
faded love - Definitely some ups and downs but you stuck around and put up with our bullshit despite everything, glad to have you supporting His - You were subbed into oras randomly and took down the mighty hogg in a week we really wanted to win, definitely v glad to have you around.
Mindnight - You showed up in 3 sm games without any prior tour experience and consistently showed the guts to keep playing and trying. You got us a dub we needed vs the battlegirls too :D.
Askov - We didn't talk much but I'm glad you were around for sure, you did great :).
ayevon - We didn't have a bwer whatsoever and you stepped up when we needed one, AND you fearlessly faced the mighty robjr!
Moutemoute - You had some team spirit week 1 and had confidence in us when not many others did.

s/o Adaam and Amane Misa for being our biggest fans D:

FRIENDS FOR UUPL VIII

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I would like to deeply apologize to my team.
It's clear that I haven't been involve enough in my opinion during this tournament. While I was super hyped by it, the fact that I lost W1 really shut down my motivation and I'm sorry for that. I was not hired enough and I didn’t help enough my teammates.. and that's why I’d like you to make my deepest apologies for this. It was my first Smogon tournament (and I hope not the last) and I couldn’t make my mark.

Thanks to you pokeisfun because you gave me a great opportunity (even though I kind of ruined it).
Thanks to all my teammates because even if I didn't talk too much, I saw your motivation and how the mood was great between us. Thanks for your involvment and your fighting spirit ! This team was definitively a great team with great players.

Also I'm super happy that's some of my french friends were able to shine like Alkione in BW or Mindnight in SM. I'm super proud of you guys and especially of you Mindnight because you have been my tutee and you did well in this first tour !

Thanks again friends ❤

First of all, I would like to thank pokeisfun for buying me, I was very happy with this UUPL even though I did not live up to expectations. Sorry again for my 2 loses. I would like to say thank you to CBU that I really loved during this tour that really hype me, I loved helping you prep / test you were the person I liked most in the tour, even if I really enjoyed everyone.
Then vivalospride , you were really cool during this tour advising me against martha or against Adaam or I lost like a shit ;w;
amber lamps really a cool guy, you were very good in your tier (stall tier kek) I really liked teammate with you, and I hope we will still teammate in a next tour!
dingchoke (dingbat) so good in oras UU (untier asf) you were really strong during this tour, and on top of that, you're really cool too and I hope we'll be teammate again in another tour!
ayevon, FUMA HI-FI, Noitu, lax, Sinkyr, hs and Kreme, we did not get too much talking or testing together, but it was really an extremely cool ride with you, i loved the tour atmosphere with you if I had the opportunity to change the team, I would change it for nothing in the world
Donphantastic my boy, my friend :eyes: you're really a very cool guy besides being a fucking goat :goat: I really hope we're going to teammate again, and this time, you'll test with me :smirk:
DrReuniclus so GOOD a really good friend, and a fucking goat in dpp too! I was really enjoy to teammate with you! I hope we're teammate again too :fire:
Askov we didnt talk so mush but like viva, glad to see u in the team!
His my friend, I was happy to have you in teammate, even you were sucked ahah, jtm toujours au top, c'était vraiment cool :fire:
Moutemoute my tuteur, the best :fire: it's a shame we did not give you a chance a second time, and I'm sorry I did not have you carry and did not give you the opportunity to play a second time ;w;
faded love f u with ur talon scarf LOL crazy boy but cool thx for ur support :fire:
Amane Misa Adaam BeTheShadow Bebo really thx for the support and encouragement specially Misa :fire:
Alkione cimer de m'avoir carry, et carry la team pendant les 5 weeks, nice perf en bw uu connard :eyes:

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
I guess all good things come to an end at some point. I'm still devastated we didn't make playoffs, because of a crash landing on the side, but i guess if you don't want to get bsed out of a won game put yourself in a position to not have to risk hitting. For that, i am truly sorry and want to apologize to all the friends that i let down. It was an absolute honour and privilege to play alongside each and every one of you and if the draft happened again tomorrow i wouldn't want to be on any other team. I came into the team as a labeled notorious team cancer with big questions about our roster. However, it only took one week to see people try and want to win at any and all cost. At that point i knew we were capable of big things and in my heart we are playing playoffs rn. I'd like to thank everybody for putting up with my ego and inability to budge on pretty much everything. The only motive i had was the best result for our team. A team you all made me love and want to achieve something great with. pokeisfun , aside from whether i believe i belong in this tour or not thank you for giving the chance to play for an actual team; pretty much the first and only true team i have ever been part of. Donphantastic you came up to me straight up and said you expected the worst from me as a teammate because people ''said things''(wcop was the biggest mistake i ever made LOL). Thank you for giving me a chance to hopefully prove them wrong. You earned a friend in me this tour and i hope it is mutual. Mindnight and His you showed me great potential and will to play and beat anyone u faced. Keep your head high, you have a bright future in this tier should you want to go after it. Also thanks for always being there to playtest my garbage.
dingbat : AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
hs : Didn't know you at first but saw you perform in tough situations and either lose to a weird set(man run sucker on bish wth) or win rough mus. Definitely you have earned my respect. keep it up
vivalospride : Webs suck, claydol sucks, u suck. Was fun teaming with a competent out-the-box thinking builder. Butting heads is always part of the fun
DrReuniclus : Really appreciated the conversations we had. Very down to earth guy, happy i had the chance to get to know you a bit better
FUMA HI-FI : uh, idk :goat: ?
Moutemoute : Would have liked to see you more involved but you most probably had your reasons and that's ok. You trained moutejr very well
Alkione : Our apologies to your back :blobshrug:
Man i'm forgetting ppl for sure but like pif drafted an army. To those i didn't mention, everything i said above stands true 100%. Been a pleasure gentlemen.
I will miss this team and i wish the best to all of you. So for the last time, @goTeam!!!

Last edited:

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
Wow this was really fun as my first real "try hard" tour where to begin? I originally signed up because lord fatty had a lot of faith in me as his support last uupl and I decided to give it a run, I was encouraged by my friends (Mainly Pak Sage Accelgor) and felt really good coming into the draft. My original plan was to be on Pak's team and I was a little sad he didnt even try to bid on me, but looking back there is no way it could have gone better for me. pokeisfun is a fantastic manager who saw the potential in a ton of rather unknown talent and risked being the butt of many a week 0 roast for it. Those jokes however had a very motivating effect on the team and it showed in the discord, with users such as myself, vivalospride, CBU and more deciding to let it be known that we are no jokes. From then on the friends discord had a lovely family feel and was nothing but encouraging to keep succeeding, and it almost took us all the way to the play offs. Not bad for the worst rated team imo tbh. Extra special shoutout to DrReuniclus and amber lamps for putting up with my constant change of team throughout the week (Not even joking Ithink I went at least through 3 teams each week before making my choice) and to all the poor people like Heysup Sickist, Killintime, r0ady, Yeezy and everyone else who got spammed with challenges as I tested my stuff. I had an amazing time as a friend and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Other shoutouts:
FUMA HI-FI Mindnight His hs You are all amazing players and I know you will continue to do well in current gens (I'd still smacc u all tho)
Sinkyr By far and away the most cultured gsc main I've ever met. Amazing vibes in the discord and an absolute powerhouse im very glad I met you
dingbat: You're the best example of chaos being good in a person. Your erratic screaming helped us stay motivated and your oras powers need to be respected (even if some think those powers are mostly rng manipulation /shrug)
Alkione: Incredible player, who goes 6-0 in a tier they never played before oml. Also great chat presence and thank you for carrying us as hard as you did
Noitu I dont think I have ever met a more wholesome human being. He needs to be protected ;-; yet also the most impressive adv player ever (about as strong as I am at DPP TBH LOL)
CBU vivalospride Not that I am one to pick favorites but getting to know Ya'll these last few weeks has been amazing. Amazing ppl overall and some of the most skilled players known to man (if a bit too spicy for the average man)
Adaam HOLY SHIT UR SO GOOD and thanks for being the friends biggest fan, I am also a huge fan very cool
faded love: Perhaps we were a bit too harsh on you early season, perhaps ur just a shit. Regardless you're better than your rep says and overall a p cool person when you're not being a huge edgelord
Passion!!: Weeb clutchgod. watching your interactions with viv was always worth a good laugh and also very cool
Im not tagging everyone bc im lazy but all the friends were fantastic.

If I could tag the tier known as DPP UU I would but just know its the best tier, expect a team dump from me at some point

ONE LAST TIME: LETS FUCKING GO FRIENDS !! !!!!!!

Donphantastic, despite me maybe or maybe not going out of my way to hide from you to not be spammed, you know I'm always happy to help you test, especially with me being kinda new to the tier. Every battle I use for more experience, and you get to test your teams, and I appreciate that. I hope I will be as good as a player as you at DPP UU someday.

Anyways, I'd like to take this time to congratulate all of the Friends on their hard work this UUPL, despite the odds being against them, and some of them being relatively new to the tour scene. I'm happy I got to see from the sides what you all are capable of, and maybe one day I'll get to play alongside you all. I wish you all luck, and I bid you all farewell. Cya all next year Friends, despite the losses, you all are STILL THE BEST TEAM. Hands Down, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Your friend from the side,
Sickist

Nice to see the friends have fun this tour. Definetly I wouldnt to fit in there/deserve to be in there, they rlly did hard work (quality I havent got) and almost manage to do play off. I always like to think when something like teamtours starts to became it into a fun experience and friends definetly did it, Im v happy to see it. Gratz everyone there

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can the next addition of UUPL also include RBY UU? Else the only place it gets representation is RoA Olympics.
We don't have enough RBY UUers (as a competitive playerbase) in order to facilitate this. It's something we do look into every year, and we're always forced to decline this option as a result of a lack of competitive playerbase.

EB0LA

Banned deucer.
We don't have enough RBY UUers (as a competitive playerbase) in order to facilitate this. It's something we do look into every year, and we're always forced to decline this option as a result of a lack of competitive playerbase.
If you build it, they will come. I believe that due to the lack of tours it doesn't grow. I know on Pokemon Perfect they had a RBY UU tour within the last year, and RBY UU exploration, maybe a year ago, but due to lack of any tours or RBY UU activities it died back down. I personally love the tier, and I know if there was a tour for it, more people would play it. Maybe I can orchestrate something in RoA to get it booming again, and maybe get it added here next time around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)