UUPL IV Finals [Won by Omfuga and the Gang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
When scrubs still think bringing stall provides the "best chance of winning"

realistically it just provides the least effort needed to win because you don't have to do anything. I don't care that Isa lost to stall that means his building is flawed I just don't understand why bad players still think stall= best chance of winning. Using something 6-0'd by a certain pokemon (which every stall is except in like gen 2) is not "best chance of winning," it's more like "I hope to win without doing anything". Stall is only your best chance of winning if you can't play anything else at a semi-decent level and have to play something that's so autopilot you're going to win or lose at turn 1 lol

anyway I really just came here to say that im supposed to play shiba today but idk where he is, though we didn't schedule for a specific time so I'm hoping he'll come within the next few hours

that is inherently incorrect because stall is going to have varying degrees of success depending on the metagame it is used in. i havent touched this game past bw ou 1 but i constantly heard kids crying about stall not being viable when Hoopa-U was allowed (but then weavile stall happened i guess). on the other hand, stall has always been a very strong playstyle in dpp uu, especially because of its many variations; hail, sand, weatherless, chanseyless (i, as well as many other players believe chansey is a completely overkill mon for stall teams, especially because it is a liability against most of the actually threatening special sweepers); you name it, there was probably someone using it. stall was a good fallback plan in multiple uu stages because while balance teams had to worry about shit like yanmega and offensive ones had to worry about raikou; stall could just slap shed shell chansey and not care about pokemons that were obviously out of line. it became worse (or at least forced people to get a bit more creative) when heracross dropped, but nothing that completely killed its viability. yes, stall gives bad players the opportunity to sit there and jerk off for free wins, but it also gave good players the chance to virtually outplay any sort of squad as long as they didnt go out of their way to fuck you with anti-stall strategies (even then, different stall archetypes are countered by entirely different mons, and as i said dpp uu features, at least imo, one of the biggest amount of stall variants). I recall in some of my st10 runs 5 out of my 7 games were against stall teams, probably the reason why using anti-stall mons such as subcharge lanturn and subsplit rotom earned me so many points that season. those were games against people that had a very good idea of what they were doing, which also defeats the notion that they didnt know how to go about the tier. yes, it is easier to manage a defensive win condition than an offensive one, but that doesnt mean its more effective to manage an offensive over a defensive one.

thats an opinion coming from someone that thinks stall is cancer and never used it in an official uu game.

ps: shoutouts eo ut mortus biggest one-hour-long-matches enthusiast in this website

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just so everyone is up do date, here is the status of the two teams.

Littleroot Lindas (4) vs Pewter Porygon p2s (3)

ORAS UU: Hairy Toenail vs atomicllamas
ORAS UU: Pak vs North
ORAS UU: Vapo vs soulgazer
BW UU: GULLY vs Evan.
BW UU: sniperr vs aim
DPP UU: Amaroq vs Isa
ADV UU: Tricking vs KratosMana
Manager: Shiba vs Omfuga

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
how? zong + sylv walled your entire team, and hera wasnt breaking sylv anytime with me being able to scout with zong and u being left at low health to my adamant wfall...

stick to LoL

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
i literally said i couldnt come back from a crit (not saying I definitely wouldve had it not happened) and said gg. chill out

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arcanine: 171-202 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

That's a nice wall you've got there be a shame if something happened to it

Lol physdef obv, ill throw u a like tho. And yes please slot me bc ill def let u all beat me twice lololololol

Lol physdef obv, ill throw u a like tho. And yes please slot me bc ill def let u all beat me twice lololololol
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 168-198 (43.8 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I mean, if you don't wanna wall the newest most threatening Pokemon in UU (EDIT: After Celebi) to wall a really bad set, go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)