UUFPL III: Coda Part 1 - The Legacy Lives On

UUFPL 3: From the Journals of Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw
1684770244894.png

(art by Fusion Flare)
Tournament Rules and Guidelines
Spreadsheet | Commencement/Admin Thread | Season Schedule

Good evening UU! My name is Big Fat :Scyther: Scyther, Archaeologist Extraordinaire from the Academy of Academia Nuts. A recent discovery in Klam's Labyrinth of U. Dunder Oozed has revealed a sealed journal belonging to the infamous Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw. Her storied travels were considered children's myths until this actual relic was uncovered by the 973rd Expeditionary Force. For the first time in our storied history, we received, over the past 7 weeks, a direct, personal glimpse into the captain's travels. And the findings were remarkable....

My fellow archaeologist, :Mankey: Mankey the 25th, and I have read through this journal, and it brought tears to our eyes. We are now embarking on another expedition, this time to find this "Gengardo". Since he is a Gengar, he must be alive still. Since we are also journalists for Channel 93 News, we decided we must find him and get an interview! We must now keep our own journal to document this expedition, and I will do it in Captain Ursula's same style:

Coda Part 1: The Legacy Lives On
1684770272804.png
Weeeee-haw jabroskis, we are all aboard Cyclizar Tesla Motortruck to Destination SLS - Where the Sea, Land, and Sky all connect! We are going to find Mr. "Gengardo", ghost of mysteries, and find out more about the absolutely EPIC Captain Ursula! My colleague Manky the 25th is here with me as we ride! Now let's check out the sights along the way as we drive down Rallywhack Road!

Right away there's a Kickball Team Tournament going on between a band of Lokix and Shroodles! I wonder if they have a connection to Gengardo? Let's interview one of the players to find out:

Scy: Hi are you on the Lokix Kickball team?
LK98: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scy: Great thanks! So tell me, do you know G E N G A R D O the Great????
LK98: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears after this interview I was smacked unconscious with a kickball. What a first impression!

Chapter Fight C.1 - Kickball!
:sv/Lokix: VS :sv/Shroodle:
Gilderoy Lokix (7) vs Shroodles & Company (2)
SV UU: spoo v. NHelioX7
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. RampageWebber
SV UU: Banbadoro v. Fragments
SVU UU: jawabarat v. TyCarter
SS UU: dunoks v. JustFranco
SM UU: Attribute v. tlenit
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. Ainzcrad
BW UU: GoldCat v. Real FV13
DPP UU: Ara v. Xiri
ADV UU: gorex v. innovamania
GSC UU: Surfy v. justdrew
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. Tree69420

~~~

Obviously the winner of that Kickball game has an undeniably deep connection to Gengardo - there was no other reason to knock me out like that! But my colleague here Manky the 25th immediately drove me to Urgent Care, so we are back on the road and healthy! And we have arrived a the destination! Is this where Gengardo is? To find out, I stepped outside the motortruck and asked a passing Dudunsparce.

Scy: Hi do you know G E N G A R D O the Wise?
DD12: We LOVE Larry David!
Scy: I see, I understand now. Can we pass here to do an exclusive interview?
DD12: DEDEDDEDEDEDEDDED
Scy: Oh noes!

As the Dudunsparce was talking to me, a group of Spidops with katanas and guns stormed the truck! It seems the Dudunsparces were expecting them! Could this dispute be related to Gengardo somehow???

Chapter Fight C.2 - Property Dispute
:sv/Dudunsparce: VS :sv/Spidops:
Dave's Dudunsparces (5) vs Black Ops Spidops (7)
SV UU: Monai v. Dj Breloominati♬
SV UU: dex v. baconeatinassassin
SV UU: tier v. Tal0
SVU UU: Lialiabeast v. Chaos23333
SS UU: Leru v. KM
SM UU: Lily v. 691
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. DugZa
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup
ADV UU: LBN v. Huargensy
GSC UU: MTB v. pp's splash town
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle

~~~

Since I'm usually not down with OPP, I initially didn't like the idea of encroaching on other people's property, but the interview with Gengardo was too important! Finally, the battle ended, and only one side was left standing to lead us into the Chamber of Light and Darkness, most likely where Gengardo sits on his throne. And so now we wait for the guest of honor....

--

Gilderoy Lokix (0) vs Shroodles & Company (0)
SV UU: spoo v. NHelioX7

Dave's Dudunsparces (0) vs Black Ops Spidops (0)
ADV UU: LBN v. Huargensy

DEADLINE FOR ALL MATCHES IS SUNDAY May 28 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

-----------------------------------

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UUFPL Is pleased to present the third annual Hearts and Flames Showdown! (sign up below)

:Skeledirge: :Dolliv: UUFPL III: Hearts and Flames Showdown! :Cetitan: :Baxcalibur:

Long ago, in a land of the crashing birds and hungry leopards, the Persevering Pidgeottos and the Tough Luck Liepards began an annual tradition - take all those who have been left behind, and train them as soldiers for a yearly scrimmage. And this is how the Hearts and Flames Showdown was born!

:Pidgeotto: Persevering Pidgeottos vs. :Liepard: Tough Luck Liepards
(Tiers tbd based on signups)​

The Skeledirges, Dollivs, Cetitans, and Baxcaliburs and all their players and managers can compete in the annual Hearts and Flames Showdown! This is an extra fun week for any player not in the Playoffs to still play another week and get another game in. If you are interested, simply sign up here in this topic in the following format:

Name: Monky25
Team: Skeledirge of the Seas
Preferred Tier (s): SS, ORAS, ADV

Anyone who isn't part of the 4 playoff teams can take part with no restrictions (no tier lock or anything)! Even the non playing managers can join! If you want to play, you will play. Nobody will be left out, simply post here if you want to partake in the fun! After about 3 days of signups, they will close and Monky25 and BigFatMantis will draft the two teams based on signups and tiers, and the battles can begin midweek! The deadline for these games will be at the end of the following finals week. Have fun!

Last edited:
I am bored
Gilderoy Lokix (5) vs Shroodles & Company (7)
SV UU: spoo v. NHelioX7 spoo I will never bold you

Dave's Dudunsparces (7.5) vs Black Ops Spidops (4.5)
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Super serious predictions that you should get mad at me over if I predicted against you or your team. Congrats to everyone for getting this far and hope you guys enjoy it.

Gilderoy Lokix (8) vs Shroodles & Company (4)
SV UU: spoo v. NHelioX7 - NHelio went very far in masters and has a better record in UUFPL
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. RampageWebber - Hurtadoo had a nice victory with me + better record
SV UU: Banbadoro v. Fragments - Banbadoro is having a much better tournament
SVU UU: jawabarat v. TyCarter - Ty has the better record actually but he voted to ban Sandy Shocks so this will be a tough scene
SS UU: dunoks v. JustFranco - dunoks main advantage is he's a mainstay who practices a lot of his high skills on ladder, but considering Franco is having his nearly best tournament ever right now + just got the record for UULT, he is favored
SM UU: Attribute v. tlenit - tossup between two excellent seasons so far between the two of them
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. Ainzcrad - amazing record + UU classic champion vs simply a good record
BW UU: GoldCat v. Real FV13 - GC is well known for RU stuff and has a slightly better record, I believe they do gen5 in RU too
DPP UU: Ara v. Xiri - both are struggling a bit in this tournament but when I did ctrl F to find Ara, I saw he has three teammates with Ara in their username - Jawab"ara"t and Amukam"ara" - this will catapult him to victory
ADV UU: gorex v. innovamania - Gorex is having a significantly more successful tournament + I feel bad for chanting against him/for Sulo earlier this season
GSC UU: Surfy v. justdrew - surfy did not spread the copy pasta I shitposted on his wall so he may die before his game unfortunately
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. Tree69420 Yazu is now generally accepted to be top 3 RBY UU player and I'd guess a plurality puts him at #1 now

Dave's Dudunsparces (4) vs Black Ops Spidops (8)
SV UU: Monai v. Dj Breloominati♬ - going for an arguable upset here, Monai has a significantly better record and nearly went perfect but Breloominati is having an okay tournament still and may be more motivated to push himself positive, plus of course he nearly won Masters getting to finals
SV UU: dex v. baconeatinassassin dex has a slightly better record
SV UU: tier v. Tal0 tier has a slightly better record
SVU UU: Lialiabeast v. Chaos23333 Chaos23333 has a significantly better record
SS UU: Leru v. KM - KM told me to shut up in smogtours chat when I was chanting for frankjosh in Masters
SM UU: Lily v. 691 I've been talking to 691 a lot more recently and I really like his attitude, this is an upset imo just comparing how the two got into UULT - Lily breezed in week 1 and xujing had to struggle for 3 weeks but eventually overcame
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. DugZa There's something about Sylvi but he is on another level in terms of motivation
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack Tack supported my team in UUPL and Somalia I am pretty sure gets more motivated anyways when someone bolds against him, so good for you bro!
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup - I managed both of these players and they could not be more different - in UUSD, Cubic Skunk didn't get a chance to play much although not for lack of trying, they seemed to want to prove themselves quite a lot. Meanwhile Heysup has basically nothing to prove anymore in UUPL yet still was ferociously competitive and practices a ridiculous amount of games in ADV. Heysup is definitely the safer choice here
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione I could have potentially managed UUPL in 2022 but was rejected, probably because my cocaptain Donkey was a newer player who was only extremely active in UU discord. I did have an opportunity to manage with Alkione, but already was working with Donkey at the time. All of this is to say everyone seems to know Alkione very well. He does have a reputation for getting lucky but I think that's mainly because Finch tends to quite publicly remark on hax when he has games with Alkione. LBN on the other hand only participates in a few UU things, mainly sticking to Ubers. I'll go with the UU player in the UU tour.
GSC UU: MTB v. pp's splash town pp has a significantly better record and significantly weirder username
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle by record, this is the biggest upset I am predicting here - FC has had a great tournament an Melbelle is negative - but I've seen Melbelle play vs me and I know they are very good when they are focused. Apart from one notable mainer, there are a lot of examples where RBY players tend to do well vs non RBY players in RBY. The tier is indeed a hax fest but knowledge is still very important. I've manager FC before and I know he always wants to win, even in a random tier in a random tour, but I think his effort is only going to come in during the game, not prep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)