UUFPL III - Chapter 7: Bundles of Joy, Despair, Life, and Death

UUFPL 3: From the Journals of Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw
1684169834213.png

(art by Fusion Flare)
Tournament Rules and Guidelines
Spreadsheet | Commencement/Admin Thread | Season Schedule

A recent discovery in Klam's Labyrinth of U. Dunder Oozed has revealed a sealed journal belonging to the infamous Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw. Her storied travels were considered children's myths until this actual relic was uncovered by the 973rd Expeditionary Force. For the first time in our storied history, we are receiving a direct, personal glimpse into the captain's travels. And the findings are remarkable....

Below is an excerpt from Chapter 7 of the journal. Please be aware that the following may contain content not suitable for starter stage pokemon, reader discretion is advised:

CHAPTER VII: Bundles of Joy, Despair, Life, and Death
1684169863107.png
Life is fragile. We live our lives the best we can, accomplishing what we can do, fulfilling our missions and obligations given to us. But we are not immortal. Not me, and not even Gengardo, who is beside me watching the sunset together for the last time. But while not immortal, we do have purpose. Today, I know my purpose has been accomplished. And as I lay here in my final hours, death just around the corner to take me from this world, I must document my last findings of the final battle with the ultimate beast....

It all started at a birthday party for a great Locust wizard that was taking place at an Italian restaurant that was good, not great, but generally very affordable. This was where the Wagon of Quaxley had led Gengardo and myself after leaving Quagson at his new home. There was clearly intel to be gained by listening in on the Lokix conversations, but a dispute over the freshness of the Raviolis had turned the restaurant into a bloodbath between the Lokix customers and Dolliv chefs!

Chapter Fight 7.1 - Birthday Party!
:sv/Lokix: VS :sv/Dolliv:
Gilderoy Lokix (8) vs Dolliv Garden (3)
SV UU: Banbadoro v. Sificon
SV UU: HydreigonTheChild v. TLTK
SV UU: jawabarat v. Javi
SVU UU: mimilimi v. Beraldo
SS UU: dunoks v. GotCookies
SM UU: Attribute v. Indigo Plateau
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. Fluore
BW UU: GoldCat v. Danny
DPP UU: Ara v. Felines
ADV UU: gorex v. EllingtonReborn
GSC UU: Surfy v. romanji
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. nicole7735

~~~

Gengardo and I had to leave the restaurant as it was no use to be involved in that conflict. As we stepped outside, the sight was terrible. The restaurant seemed to be the only establishment left in the entire world - it was a giant wasteland otherwise. Abandoned buildings, nuclear waste silos, Brambleghasts rolling around laughing at Gengardo... the world was nearly dead, and I did not know why. Was this the virus that President Thornydude had warned us of two chapters ago? That time period must have preceded this one significantly. This land was all scorched earth and death. In the distance even we could see Skeldirges scorching it even further, but it seems they were Unaware that there were Dudunsparces scavenging underneath!

Chapter Fight 7.2 - Scorching Flames
:sv/Dudunsparce: VS :sv/Skeledirge:
Dave's Dudunsparces (5) vs Skeledirge of the Seas (7)
SV UU: tier v. Scalescale
SV UU: dex v. zoe
SV UU: Monai v. Corporate Donkey
SVU UU: Lialiabeast v. Spellcaster
SS UU: Leru v. Queen of Bean
SM UU: Lily v. Estarossa
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Fathiryxi
BW UU: Nightingales v. dingbat
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. burstbean
ADV UU: LBN v. Mossy Sandwich
GSC UU: MTB v. MrSoup
RBY UU: Fc v. Unowndragon

~~~

As I examined the grounds where the flaming took place, I could see now what they were trying to accomplish. Death incarnate - the savage pokemon beast roaming these parts - was set to terrorize the village yet again, and as such the earth was being scorched so that they can make a clean escape. It is said that the beast was rather unassuming looking robotic penguin, but with an Iron Bundle of Death and Despair that it carried with it. Truly only the fiercest warriors had a chance against this description. And that's when I saw it - the beast they called "Iron Bundle", the destroyer of worlds, harbinger of death and destruction. This seemed to be a sort of "last stand" for the world today, as their bravest Knights and Titans geared up for a clash that would decide our fates!

Chapter Fight 7.3 - Last Stand of the Titans and Knights
:sv/Baxcalibur: VS :sv/Cetitan:
Knights of Baxcalibur (8) vs Attack on Cetitan (4)
SV UU: Rasche v. basaninho
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Azick
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. pokemonisfun
SVU UU: Corperate n v. Kev
SS UU: TMM v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Taka v. Sulo
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. jay
BW UU: sanguine v. Feaniix
DPP UU: Slip v. avarice
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. airfare
GSC UU: Mystras v. sasha
RBY UU: Sabelette v. stunner047

~~~

The warriors fought valiantly, but they were defeated and eaten by the Iron Bundle and its Iron Bundle underlings. It's as if they were multiplying, overrunning all of civilization, soon to leave nothing but destruction in their path. I could not bear to see this - I had once been warned of the possibility of seeing the end of all existence. But I never fathomed it would be like this... I knew what I had to do. I would face off against the beast. But I needed to prepare. I arranged a meeting with a top secret crew of Spidops. As we discussed battle strategies whilst enjoying bowls of macaroni and cheese, I discovered the Spidops didn't pay the Shroodle chefs, who had scavenged the ingredients to make this meal for 9 days in the wasteland! Pursuant to law and order they would now have to pay with their lives...

Chapter Fight 7.4 - Le Service est Compris
:sv/Shroodle: VS :sv/Spidops:
Shroodles & Company (7) vs Black Ops Spidops (5)
SV UU: NHelioX7 v. Tal0
SV UU: NoahDeKnight v. Dj Breloominati♬
SV UU: RampageWebber v. baconeatinassassin
SVU UU: TyCarter v. Chaos23333
SS UU: JustFranco v. KM
SM UU: tlenit v. 691
ORAS UU: AtraX Madara v. DugZa
BW UU: Real FV13 v. Huargensy
DPP UU: Xiri v. Heysup
ADV UU: innovamania v. Alkione
GSC UU: justdrew v. pp's splash town
RBY UU: Tree69420 v. Melbelle

~~~

The deliberations were useless. And the beast was too strong. Nobody else was going to be in danger any longer. I trapped Gengardo in his Master Ball and forbid him from leaving. I was now going to go toe to flipper with the demonic spawn of hate itself. As I entered the badlands and saw the beast, I called it out with a Taunt. The beast was rattled. I could sense Gengardo pleading to help but I would not release him. In the corner of my eye I could see the villagers. Crews of Spidops, Dollivs, Shroodles, Dudunsparces, Cetitans, Skeledirges, Baxcaliburs, and Lokix, all watching what their final fate would be. But the beast was too strong - a single Hydro Pump had so much power that it rendered me motionless. But I had to win. This was the only chance to save the future. The past, future, and present - all of it. This was our last dance. I reached deep into my soul - what I knew I was capable of doing would surely be realized. And with that, I accepted the power of Terastallization. My pure Steel Gigaton Hammer was unleashed! I struck the beast as hard as I could, but it did not fall! It struck me back with its own Tera Blast, Steel as well! But it was not over. I thought about Gengardo, and Quagson, and Sagat, and Dr. Wily, and Finchinator, and Shiba, and Joe Biden, and I knew I could not let them down. Against all possibilities, and against all the mechanics, I used a consecutive Gigaton Hammer. It took all of my power to make this happen, and the beast did not expect it. I super duper boinked it unlike any boink ever seen. And it shattered into a million pieces, as did my Hammer. My Hammer that had been with me for so long. And I felt my whole body shatter too... but the beast was slain.

Gengardo finally escaped his Master Ball. I was happy to tell him I had won, but my injuries were too severe. I would be dead any moment now. Gengardo called the Wagon of Quaxley one last time and we rode back to the present time. With the sunset looming on my life, Gengardo took me to my favorite cliff above Mt. Silver so we could watch the world's sunset together...

And that is where I am now. I will give this journal to Gengardo so that he can document it further after I pass. Gengardo has joked that he will make me a "legend" of sorts. A figure that children will praise in stories passed down from generation to generation. It was a good joke, but I am not a hero. I am a component of the machine that is what we call time. And I did my part to ensure a peaceful future. That is, truly, in my eyes, all that anyone can ask - for us to fulfill our purpose. After a series of travels through time, this is Captain Ursula signing off. Good night...

---

:Iron Bundle: UUFPL Week 7 Journal Challenge - Bundle Up! :Iron Bundle:

If you'd like to get a "Journal Point" for UUFPL Week 7, then you have to save all of Pokemon Showdown from the death incarnate that is Iron Bundle. Immediately go to the Ubers Ladder with a team comprised of Tinkaton and any other 5 non-Ghosts and defeat an Iron Bundle with Tinkaton getting the finishing blow against the Iron Bundle and also being on the winscreen at end of fight.

--

Gilderoy Lokix (0) vs Dolliv Garden (0)
SV UU: Banbadoro v. Sificon
SV UU: HydreigonTheChild v. TLTK
SV UU: jawabarat v. Javi
SVU UU: mimilimi v. Beraldo
SS UU: dunoks v. GotCookies
SM UU: Attribute v. Indigo Plateau
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. Fluore
BW UU: GoldCat v. Danny
DPP UU: Ara v. Felines
ADV UU: gorex v. EllingtonReborn
GSC UU: Surfy v. romanji
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. nicole7735

Dave's Dudunsparces (0) vs Skeledirge of the Seas (0)
SV UU: tier v. Scalescale
SV UU: dex v. zoe
SV UU: Monai v. Corporate Donkey
SVU UU: Lialiabeast v. Spellcaster
SS UU: Leru v. Queen of Bean
SM UU: Lily v. Estarossa
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Fathiryxi
BW UU: Nightingales v. dingbat
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. burstbean
ADV UU: LBN v. Mossy Sandwich
GSC UU: MTB v. MrSoup
RBY UU: Fc v. Unowndragon

Knights of Baxcalibur (0) vs Attack on Cetitan (0)
SV UU: Rasche v. basaninho
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Azick
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. pokemonisfun
SVU UU: Corperate n v. Kev
SS UU: TMM v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Taka v. Sulo
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. jay
BW UU: sanguine v. Feaniix
DPP UU: Slip v. avarice
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. airfare
GSC UU: Mystras v. sasha
RBY UU: Sabelette v. stunner047

Shroodles & Company (0) vs Black Ops Spidops (0)
SV UU: NHelioX7 v. Tal0
SV UU: NoahDeKnight v. Dj Breloominati♬
SV UU: RampageWebber v. baconeatinassassin
SVU UU: TyCarter v. Chaos23333
SS UU: JustFranco v. KM
SM UU: tlenit v. 691
ORAS UU: AtraX Madara v. DugZa
BW UU: Real FV13 v. Huargensy
DPP UU: Xiri v. Heysup
ADV UU: innovamania v. Alkione
GSC UU: justdrew v. pp's splash town
RBY UU: Tree69420 v. Melbelle

DEADLINE FOR ALL MATCHES IS SUNDAY May 21 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

Last edited:
Lapras/Hypno were recently banned from RBY UU, clarification on if they are allowed or not this round? I think banned since the action took place before this round went up?

:sv/Scyther: WEEK 7 WEEKLY HOST TIER RANKINGS :sv/Zarude:
Sponsored by New Mexico. Welcome to the Land of Enchantment.

Welcome to the final edition of the Weekly Host Tier Rankings. It was a bit of a rollercoaster this year, as 9 members stepped down from the board and we had to deal with the housing crisis. But it was fulfilling and I hope everyone reading these had as much as fun as this committee did.

At the start of each week, we ranked the top 10 SV and top 5 other tiers for those starting in the week. This will be the last one. Our rankings are based on science and research and are probably 100% accurate, but there is a hint of subjectivity to them. We take into account prior successes and failures, current status within the tier, and performance in previous weeks/overall records. This is based on science, hope, love, anger, animosity, and hunger. So now let us present our final open book of this rankings examination:

:Tinkaton: SV Rankings
  1. Monai
  2. DJ Breloominati (music symbol)
  3. pokemonisfun
  4. Scalescale
  5. Hurtadoo
  6. Azick
  7. kythr
  8. dex
  9. Tal0
  10. NHelioX7

:Slither Wing: SV U Rankings
  1. udongirl
  2. Beraldo
  3. Spellcaster
  4. TyCarter
  5. Chaos23333

:Hatterene: SS Rankings
  1. JustFranco
  2. KM
  3. dunoks
  4. Leru
  5. TMM

:Primarina: SM Rankings
  1. Indigo Plateau
  2. tlenit
  3. 691
  4. Attribute
  5. Lily

:Doublade: ORAS Rankings
  1. Amukamara
  2. hjkhj
  3. Sylvi
  4. DugZa
  5. Fathiryxi

:Victini: BW Rankings
  1. dingbat
  2. Goldcat
  3. Feaniix
  4. sanguine
  5. Real FV13

:Leafeon: DPP Rankings
  1. Heysup
  2. Slip
  3. burstbean
  4. avarice
  5. Xiri

:Linoone: ADV Rankings
  1. HANTSUKI
  2. gorex
  3. Alkione
  4. EllingtonReborn
  5. innovamania

:Granbull: GSC Rankings
  1. pp's splash town
  2. MrSoup
  3. MTB
  4. corvere
  5. Surfy

:Persian: RBY Rankings
  1. Ice Yazu
  2. Unowndragon
  3. Fc
  4. Sabelette
  5. Tree69420

alr not throwing away an act win when we are forced to win, so calling act unless notifying the opposing team doesnt refer to this in which case sorry for the mess and blame drew :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)