UUFPL III - Chapter 1: The Timeless Sands that Shock our Souls

UUFPL 3: From the Journals of Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw
1679269696682.png

(art by Fusion Flare)
Tournament Rules and Guidelines
Spreadsheet | Commencement/Admin Thread | Season Schedule

A recent discovery in Klam's Labyrinth of U. Dunder Oozed has revealed a sealed journal belonging to the infamous Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw. Her storied travels were considered children's myths until this actual relic was uncovered by the 973rd Expeditionary Force. For the first time in our storied history, we are receiving a direct, personal glimpse into the captain's travels. And the findings are remarkable....

Below is an excerpt from Chapter 1 of the journal. Please be aware that the following may contain content not suitable for starter stage pokemon, reader discretion is advised:

CHAPTER I: The Timeless Sands that Shock our Souls
1679277251679.png
Earlier today Commissioner Sagat (from Street Fighter) gave me my new orders for the mission. I was to enter the portal with the Wagon of Quaxley and observe and document my discoveries. I did not know where this would lead. I had no crew to speak of and the wagon would not start without significant energy. As I approached the portal, a group of snakes and spiders emerged! I was to fend them off, but it appeared they were actually fighting each other...

Chapter Fight 1.1 - Portal Energy Clash!
:sv/Dudunsparce: VS :sv/Spidops:
Dave's Dudunsparces (6) vs Black Ops Spidops (6)
SV UU: tier v. KM
SV UU: dex v. Chaos23333
SV UU: Monai v. Tal0
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. DugZa
SS UU: Lily v. Inder
SM UU: Leru v. xujing691691
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Dj Breloominati♬
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione
GSC UU: Lialiabeast v. F1shingRod
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle

~~~

The magnificent energy unleashed by the clash powered up the Wagon of Quaxley through the portal! When I landed, I found myself in the desert. A totally barren land, but significantly populated by humans. Seeing as how I am a Tinkaton, I required more Pokemon allies. I had scraped my knee during the portal transition and required assistance of a physician. Luckily, I saw a medical Quagsire in the distance. However, he was trapped atop a giant Sphinx! I tried calling out to him but to no avail - he was quite unaware of my presence. I was too far to assist, and so I called out for help from any pokemon that could hear!

Chapter Fight 1.2 - Rescue Doctor Quagson!
:sv/Baxcalibur: VS :sv/Shroodle:
Knights of Baxcalibur (7) vs Shroodles & Company (5)
SV UU: Rasche v. justdrew
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. NHelioX7
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Fragments
SVU UU: Parpar v. TyCarter
SS UU: Takatk v. JustFranco
SM UU: TMM v. Mom Lover
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. kjdaas
BW UU: sanguine v. Real FV13
DPP UU: Slip v. Xiri
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. Ainzcrad
GSC UU: Mystras Leoxses v. kenny
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Tree69420

~~~

The heroic dragon knights and delicious noodle preparing Shroodles were able to transport the Quagsire from the Sphinx plateau and serve him Macaroni & Cheese. I introduced myself as Captain Ursula. I heard the Quagsire softly whisper to me that his name was Quagson, and he wanted to know how I surmised he was a doctor. To me it was quite clear however - all Quagsires during this time period are doctors. But that's when I was warned of the great threat. A monster terrorizing these lands with sandy shocks! It was a paradox of a sight when I finally laid my eyes upon it. Surely we would meet our doom - only titans and wizards could stand up to such a beast!

Chapter Fight 1.3 - Fell the Sandy Shocks!
:sv/Lokix: VS :sv/Cetitan:
Gilderoy Lokix (6) vs Attack on Cetitan (6)
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. pokemonisfun
SV UU: jawabarat v. Kev
SV UU: Gei v. Azick
SVU UU: HydreigonTheChild v. udongirl
SS UU: dunoks v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Attribute v. basaninho
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay
BW UU: GoldCat v. Feaniix
DPP UU: Ara v. avarice
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo
GSC UU: Surfy v. chub
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. stunner047

~~~

Locusts of might and magic and attacks by Cetitans were able to bring down the beast! But all was not well - Doctor Quagson stated more would come. We needed to evacuate. I had to explain to Commissioner M. Bison that this mission was too dangerous. The secret of the pyramids architecture was kept secret for good reason - we needed an escape route. But there was no portal! And I could not help but feel we were being watched by a very sinister being... a ghastly figure in the shadows.

Chapter Fight 1.4 - Stalk the Shadows!
:sv/Skeledirge: VS :sv/Dolliv:
Skeledirge of the Seas (8) vs Dolliv Garden (4)
SV UU: Scalescale v. kythr
SV UU: Fathiryxi v. Javi
SV UU: autumn v. romanji
SVU UU: Spellcaster v. Beraldo
SS UU: zoe v. TeamCharm
SM UU: Estarossa v. Indigo Plateau
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. GotCookies
BW UU: dingbat v. Danny
DPP UU: burstbean v. Felines
ADV UU: Mossy Sandwich v. EllingtonReborn
GSC UU: MrSoup v. TLTK
RBY UU: Unowndragon v. nicole7735

~~~

And then, through the soft sung melodies, alas the villain showed his face! A Gengar! And it was totally abusing the free breadsticks that came with our meal! I was ready to strike, as I am a sufficient soft check to this fiend. But then he laughed. Was I being mocked? A fiend with no manners and no respect? The Gengar then unveiled a portal under the pyramids. I had no choice - I took the Wagon of Quaxley, along with Doctor Quagson and this Gengar, and we went through the portal to another time...

---

:Sandy Shocks: UUFPL Week 1 Journal Challenge - Stop the Shocks! :Sandy Shocks:

If you'd like to get a "Journal Point" for UUFPL Week 1, then you must KO a Sandy Shocks on the UU Ladder with a Tinkaton or Quagsire! If you do that, post the replay here and you will acquire a Journal Point. Any UUFPL Player can do this but benched players are encouraged to especially do it.

--

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (0) vs Black Ops Spidops (0)

Knights of Baxcalibur (0) vs Shroodles & Company (0)
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. Ainzcrad

Gilderoy Lokix (0) vs Attack on Cetitan (0)

Skeledirge of the Seas (0) vs Dolliv Garden (0)
SV UU: Fathiryxi v. Javi
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. GotCookies

DEADLINE FOR ALL MATCHES IS SUNDAY MARCH 26 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

1679269668747.png

Last edited:
first

got me fucked up if u think im doing writeups for 36 slots but maybe down the road..

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (5) vs Black Ops Spidops (7)

ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. innovamania

Skeledirge of the Seas (4) vs Dolliv Garden (8)
SV UU: giove97 v. Javi
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. hjkhj

NHelioX7

PUPL Champion
first

got me fucked up if u think im doing writeups for 36 slots but maybe down the road..

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (5) vs Black Ops Spidops (7)

Skeledirge of the Seas (4) vs Dolliv Garden (8)
Idk how people are supposed to have an opinion on 36 MU anyway, so writing about them is even more puzzling for me

Whoa Celebiii writing predicts? Yes, I wanna see some of this new talent really shine! Apologies if some of these predicts are nonsense, I just dunno everyone LOL. GL all!

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (3) vs Black Ops Spidops (9)

Lyssa

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Idk how people are supposed to have an opinion on 36 MU anyway, so writing about them is even more puzzling for me
and i took that personally. Before i start though, I don't wanna come out as offensive when i say "i don't know who x is", i haven't kept up with every part of the community and so it's likely gonna happen a lot. I'm just doing this for fun as a one time thing, especially since i'm bored and unable to sleep rn.

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (4) vs Black Ops Spidops (8)
SV UU: tier v. KM - not a great start for me as i'm not familiar with tier. Would go and do some research rn but I think i would go with KM either way as his mainer ass is good af when he doesn't sabotage himself, which unfortunately happens a lot.
SV UU: dex v. Chaos23333 - Chaos is good, He had some solid showings in UU tours like UUPL before and I was a bit puzzled by him going undrafted this year. I've seen dex play in uhhh kickoffs I think? and they were fine, but i think chaos is favoured.
SV UU: Monai v. Tal0 - Maybe an upset? Monai is more established as a player, usually farming random pls left and right in every BW tier known to earth, and even though they just had a rough SPL they're definitely good. Tal0 on the other hand is someone i haven't heard about before UU masters but have been doing finely there so far, and I honestly see them winning here with more experience in the tier+some decent support against someone who probably doesn't know any mon available other than tinkaton and little to nonexistent support, as i really doubt lilys gonna look at her server for more than 30 seconds a day even though her pricetag was absurd.
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. DugZa - Dugza's good and I didn't even know aqua jet played the game. I have nothing else to say. I'm sorry.
SS UU: Lily v. Inder - As much as I hate Lilys take on this tier I think she's much better than Inder and will likely bring a better team as well as long as she doesn't use any of the made up Primarina sets she mentioned earlier or like the Vanilluxe abominations.
SM UU: Leru v. xujing691691 - I've never seen xujing playing this tier and Leru probably has better teams at their disposal
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Dj Breloominati♬ - Hopefully Sylvi's adventure in ORAS UU goes better than their OU one and I think it probably will as they have shown some signs of promise and i'm a believer. Spitfire's a hard opponent for your first game in a UU tour though, they've been a solid sub occasionally grabbing wins for their team for years now and i was once again surprised they wen't undrafted this UUPL.
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack - Somehow SOMALIA always wins in this tier even though he has been loading the same team for like 10 years now so.
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup - Not familiar with who Cubic Skunk is outside of having seen them around in UU discord, and Heysup is Heysup.
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione - iirc LBN had a thing for this tier a year ago and i've never seen Alkione playing it although they probably did as they played every tier known to earth.
GSC UU: Lialiabeast v. F1shingRod - Someone said this guy is god or something I'm not gonna pretend I know anything here.
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle - Once again I just have seen them getting hyped, and i'm not sure how the fight club ended up in here.

Knights of Baxcalibur (7) vs Shroodles & Company (4)
SV UU: Rasche v. justdrew - Fire MU. Drew cares more about UUFPL than anything else in his life, and usually tryharding in these tours goes a long way. Rasche's not bad though, I played them for some tour and thought they were fine/had a fun series, but drew won't lose. unless he loads pdef bonnet again. then he might lose.
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. NHelioX7 - Wasn't fully convinced by his play in a couple of games but NHelioX7 has been doing great in Masters and i'm pretty sure the other guy just plays HO on ladder? I don't mean this in a bad way fwiw sorry!! it's just all the infos i have available to me.
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Fragments - I have no clue honestly sorry. I've seen UnzipsCrogre around for longer/iirc doing well in some non-uu tours and so i'm going with them.
SVU UU: Parpar v. TyCarter - Par double is good AND creative I hope they bring a funny looking team. They were also great when i teammed with them in UUSD. I'm not a fan of TyCarter's teams but they play the tier a lot and expect them to put up a solid fight. Honestly fire game.
SS UU: Takatk v. JustFranco - Takatk has done well in Last Chance Qualifier last year I think? And iirc they said they liked the tier when they sent their resume to us for UUPL, and someone liking SS UU is a myth to me so they're probably god or something. Also Totomon support OML
SM UU: TMM v. Mom Lover - yeah
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. kjdaas - Surprised to see kjdaas outside of RBY, unfamiliar with One Last Kiss so still going for her
BW UU: sanguine v. Real FV13 - THE GOAT
DPP UU: Slip v. Xiri - Could go either way, Slip is good at DPP and probably will receive some help from Hari, Xiri is good at everything but I've never seen them DPPing. Going for my UUPL teammate!!
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. innovamania - last time i've seen innovamania playing they looked extremely lost, but I think it also was like right after they came back to the game so they probably are doing a lot better now. HANTSUKI's good and he's funny to watch
GSC UU: Mystras Leoxses v. kenny - Unfamiliar with kenny, Mystras likes this tier maybe as long as his opponent doesn't load Baton Pass.
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Tree69420 - Tree69420 is a fire nickname but Sabelette is like one of the little people I know that play this tier and is good at it

Gilderoy Lokix (4) vs Attack on Cetitan (7)
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. pokemonisfun - The doo, that guy is fire. pif in SV in here is cheating though. I hope they move him back to ADV for his revenge. Jokes aside pif is pif and he's just really good at the game, can't see him losing unless there is a squackabilly on the field.
SV UU: jawabarat v. Kev - unfamiliar with jawabarat but I've seen them around i think?? the name rings a bell. Kev has done decently in UU masters but their games yday didn't convince me. Could go either way probably but going with Kev as they're more established as a player overall.
SV UU: Gei v. Azick - no clue sorry
SVU UU: HydreigonTheChild v. udongirl - udongirl is great and her SV teams looked pretty fun, excited to see specs Arboliva or something.
SS UU: dunoks v. Liz Angeles - I thought dunoks was pgood during current gen, I've never seen Liz Angeles playing.
SM UU: Attribute v. basaninho - basaninho was decent at SM back in the day but I didn't even know he still played, unfamiliar with the opponent.
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay - unfamiliar with jay, liam is good
BW UU: GoldCat v. Feaniix - Feaniix iirc is like a BW PU mainer??? I think?? BW tryhards scare me because they always go undefeated in these tours. GoldCat is good at BW RU too actually I think. 2 BW Tryhards??? Gut says Goldcat but could go either way.
DPP UU: Ara v. avarice - unfamiliar with Ara but I believe I saw them leading Drapion once. You don't do that. Love me some factchecking but SOMEONE last year decided the replays thread was overrated and didn't update it. whatever. Anyways dillon is good and have Hari's support
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo - Sulo plays the game? gorex has played this tier before
GSC UU: Surfy v. chub - unfamiliar with them but chub is a powerful nickname for a GSC player.
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. stunner047 - Someone said Ice Yazu was good in this tier but stunner iirc did rly well one or two years ago.

Skeledirge of the Seas (6) vs Dolliv Garden (6)
SV UU: Scalescale v. kythr - fire game. kythr is really good and is doing well in SPL atm as well as like every tour i see him signupping for. Scalescale was great at oras, unfamiliar with him in current gen but he'll probably do fine as well. Going with the more established player.
SV UU: giove97 v. Javi - Javi plays the tier a bunch I think, all I know about giove is that they signup for like every tour. with no exceptions.
SV UU: autumn v. romanji - cool game!! romanji is looking for redemption this uufpl but ngl i've never seen them playing non-oldgens so i was a bit puzzled by seeing them in SV. autumn has always been decent, but really held back by her nerves, which is unfortunate because she owned some people in UUPL hard before. going for her here though
SVU UU: Spellcaster v. Beraldo - Not sure if Beraldo will care much, nefer x has been playing SV UU a lot ever since getting drafted for UUPL and also builds her own teams, which i think look pgood. Could go either way but going for Spelly C.
SS UU: zoe v. TeamCharm - zoe please prep for the conk family
SM UU: Estarossa v. Indigo Plateau - Insane Matchup. Unfortunately Indigo Plateau is no match for The Show and will also hate himself the moment he realizes his team loses to Latias or something.
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. hjkhj - QOB is FIRE, but unfortunately I've never seen them playing ORAS and their opponent is actually really good at the tier and only ever plays it for UUFPL. My heart says QOB but hjkhj is the safer bet.
BW UU: dingbat v. Danny - dingbat is good at bw uu, i've never seen danny playing it.
DPP UU: burstbean v. Felines - unfamiliar with burstbean and i'm going to assume that Felines is the same as gum here as well aka they'll probably go 7-0 or 0-7, rooting for the 7-0
ADV UU: Mossy Sandwich v. EllingtonReborn - The Sandwich is unfortunately unable to play SV but they seemed excited about trying out a new UU tier, unfortunately their opponent is someone who plays ADV UU I think? I've seen them talking in UU Discord so I assume so. They also seemed confident maybe so bolding them.
GSC UU: MrSoup v. TLTK - MrSoup is hyped up. I think? Anyways the show support wins.
RBY UU: Unowndragon v. nicole7735 - upset maybe but nicole is hyped up and i think i've seen them winning a bunch in RBY before so going with them.

Never doing this again, gl everyone hope y'all enjoy the uu fire pl!!

NHelioX7

PUPL Champion
and i took that personally. Before i start though, I don't wanna come out as offensive when i say "i don't know who x is", i haven't kept up with every part of the community and so it's likely gonna happen a lot. I'm just doing this for fun as a one time thing, especially since i'm bored and unable to sleep rn.

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (4) vs Black Ops Spidops (8)
SV UU: tier v. KM - not a great start for me as i'm not familiar with tier. Would go and do some research rn but I think i would go with KM either way as his mainer ass is good af when he doesn't sabotage himself, which unfortunately happens a lot.
SV UU: dex v. Chaos23333 - Chaos is good, He had some solid showings in UU tours like UUPL before and I was a bit puzzled by him going undrafted this year. I've seen dex play in uhhh kickoffs I think? and they were fine, but i think chaos is favoured.
SV UU: Monai v. Tal0 - Maybe an upset? Monai is more established as a player, usually farming random pls left and right in every BW tier known to earth, and even though they just had a rough SPL they're definitely good. Tal0 on the other hand is someone i haven't heard about before UU masters but have been doing finely there so far, and I honestly see them winning here with more experience in the tier+some decent support against someone who probably doesn't know any mon available other than tinkaton and little to nonexistent support, as i really doubt lilys gonna look at her server for more than 30 seconds a day even though her pricetag was absurd.
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. DugZa - Dugza's good and I didn't even know aqua jet played the game. I have nothing else to say. I'm sorry.
SS UU: Lily v. Inder - As much as I hate Lilys take on this tier I think she's much better than Inder and will likely bring a better team as well as long as she doesn't use any of the made up Primarina sets she mentioned earlier or like the Vanilluxe abominations.
SM UU: Leru v. xujing691691 - I've never seen xujing playing this tier and Leru probably has better teams at their disposal
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Dj Breloominati♬ - Hopefully Sylvi's adventure in ORAS UU goes better than their OU one and I think it probably will as they have shown some signs of promise and i'm a believer. Spitfire's a hard opponent for your first game in a UU tour though, they've been a solid sub occasionally grabbing wins for their team for years now and i was once again surprised they wen't undrafted this UUPL.
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack - Somehow SOMALIA always wins in this tier even though he has been loading the same team for like 10 years now so.
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup - Not familiar with who Cubic Skunk is outside of having seen them around in UU discord, and Heysup is Heysup.
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione - iirc LBN had a thing for this tier a year ago and i've never seen Alkione playing it although they probably did as they played every tier known to earth.
GSC UU: Lialiabeast v. F1shingRod - Someone said this guy is god or something I'm not gonna pretend I know anything here.
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle - Once again I just have seen them getting hyped, and i'm not sure how the fight club ended up in here.

Knights of Baxcalibur (7) vs Shroodles & Company (4)
SV UU: Rasche v. justdrew - Fire MU. Drew cares more about UUFPL than anything else in his life, and usually tryharding in these tours goes a long way. Rasche's not bad though, I played them for some tour and thought they were fine/had a fun series, but drew won't lose. unless he loads pdef bonnet again. then he might lose.
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. NHelioX7 - Wasn't fully convinced by his play in a couple of games but NHelioX7 has been doing great in Masters and i'm pretty sure the other guy just plays HO on ladder? I don't mean this in a bad way fwiw sorry!! it's just all the infos i have available to me.
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Fragments - I have no clue honestly sorry. I've seen UnzipsCrogre around for longer/iirc doing well in some non-uu tours and so i'm going with them.
SVU UU: Parpar v. TyCarter - Par double is good AND creative I hope they bring a funny looking team. They were also great when i teammed with them in UUSD. I'm not a fan of TyCarter's teams but they play the tier a lot and expect them to put up a solid fight. Honestly fire game.
SS UU: Takatk v. JustFranco - Takatk has done well in Last Chance Qualifier last year I think? And iirc they said they liked the tier when they sent their resume to us for UUPL, and someone liking SS UU is a myth to me so they're probably god or something. Also Totomon support OML
SM UU: TMM v. Mom Lover - yeah
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. kjdaas - Surprised to see kjdaas outside of RBY, unfamiliar with One Last Kiss so still going for her
BW UU: sanguine v. Real FV13 - THE GOAT
DPP UU: Slip v. Xiri - Could go either way, Slip is good at DPP and probably will receive some help from Hari, Xiri is good at everything but I've never seen them DPPing. Going for my UUPL teammate!!
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. innovamania - last time i've seen innovamania playing they looked extremely lost, but I think it also was like right after they came back to the game so they probably are doing a lot better now. HANTSUKI's good and he's funny to watch
GSC UU: Mystras Leoxses v. kenny - Unfamiliar with kenny, Mystras likes this tier maybe as long as his opponent doesn't load Baton Pass.
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Tree69420 - Tree69420 is a fire nickname but Sabelette is like one of the little people I know that play this tier and is good at it

Gilderoy Lokix (4) vs Attack on Cetitan (7)
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. pokemonisfun - The doo, that guy is fire. pif in SV in here is cheating though. I hope they move him back to ADV for his revenge. Jokes aside pif is pif and he's just really good at the game, can't see him losing unless there is a squackabilly on the field.
SV UU: jawabarat v. Kev - unfamiliar with jawabarat but I've seen them around i think?? the name rings a bell. Kev has done decently in UU masters but their games yday didn't convince me. Could go either way probably but going with Kev as they're more established as a player overall.
SV UU: Gei v. Azick - no clue sorry
SVU UU: HydreigonTheChild v. udongirl - udongirl is great and her SV teams looked pretty fun, excited to see specs Arboliva or something.
SS UU: dunoks v. Liz Angeles - I thought dunoks was pgood during current gen, I've never seen Liz Angeles playing.
SM UU: Attribute v. basaninho - basaninho was decent at SM back in the day but I didn't even know he still played, unfamiliar with the opponent.
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay - unfamiliar with jay, liam is good
BW UU: GoldCat v. Feaniix - Feaniix iirc is like a BW PU mainer??? I think?? BW tryhards scare me because they always go undefeated in these tours. GoldCat is good at BW RU too actually I think. 2 BW Tryhards??? Gut says Goldcat but could go either way.
DPP UU: Ara v. avarice - unfamiliar with Ara but I believe I saw them leading Drapion once. You don't do that. Love me some factchecking but SOMEONE last year decided the replays thread was overrated and didn't update it. whatever. Anyways dillon is good and have Hari's support
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo - Sulo plays the game? gorex has played this tier before
GSC UU: Surfy v. chub - unfamiliar with them but chub is a powerful nickname for a GSC player.
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. stunner047 - Someone said Ice Yazu was good in this tier but stunner iirc did rly well one or two years ago.

Skeledirge of the Seas (6) vs Dolliv Garden (6)
SV UU: Scalescale v. kythr - fire game. kythr is really good and is doing well in SPL atm as well as like every tour i see him signupping for. Scalescale was great at oras, unfamiliar with him in current gen but he'll probably do fine as well. Going with the more established player.
SV UU: giove97 v. Javi - Javi plays the tier a bunch I think, all I know about giove is that they signup for like every tour. with no exceptions.
SV UU: autumn v. romanji - cool game!! romanji is looking for redemption this uufpl but ngl i've never seen them playing non-oldgens so i was a bit puzzled by seeing them in SV. autumn has always been decent, but really held back by her nerves, which is unfortunate because she owned some people in UUPL hard before. going for her here though
SVU UU: Spellcaster v. Beraldo - Not sure if Beraldo will care much, nefer x has been playing SV UU a lot ever since getting drafted for UUPL and also builds her own teams, which i think look pgood. Could go either way but going for Spelly C.
SS UU: zoe v. TeamCharm - zoe please prep for the conk family
SM UU: Estarossa v. Indigo Plateau - Insane Matchup. Unfortunately Indigo Plateau is no match for The Show and will also hate himself the moment he realizes his team loses to Latias or something.
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. hjkhj - QOB is FIRE, but unfortunately I've never seen them playing ORAS and their opponent is actually really good at the tier and only ever plays it for UUFPL. My heart says QOB but hjkhj is the safer bet.
BW UU: dingbat v. Danny - dingbat is good at bw uu, i've never seen danny playing it.
DPP UU: burstbean v. Felines - unfamiliar with burstbean and i'm going to assume that Felines is the same as gum here as well aka they'll probably go 7-0 or 0-7, rooting for the 7-0
ADV UU: Mossy Sandwich v. EllingtonReborn - The Sandwich is unfortunately unable to play SV but they seemed excited about trying out a new UU tier, unfortunately their opponent is someone who plays ADV UU I think? I've seen them talking in UU Discord so I assume so. They also seemed confident maybe so bolding them.
GSC UU: MrSoup v. TLTK - MrSoup is hyped up. I think? Anyways the show support wins.
RBY UU: Unowndragon v. nicole7735 - upset maybe but nicole is hyped up and i think i've seen them winning a bunch in RBY before so going with them.

Never doing this again, gl everyone hope y'all enjoy the uu fire pl!!
Madlad

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Dun Dun Dudunsparce (3) vs Black Ops Spidops (9)
SV UU: tier v. KM - KM is sure to load unviable "heat" but he still feels very advantaged in this mu to me and should be able to outplay most of the SV pool in UUFPL really even if his builds are working against him xd. Should be fun to watch though.
SV UU: dex v. Chaos23333 - stole chaos from me smh, but chaos is goated. not so familiar with dex as a player outside of CAP but have a lot of faith in the chinese goats in general (definitely not evidenced by my draft).
SV UU: Monai v. Tal0 - possible upset as lyss said but Tal is doing pretty well in Master's so I expect them to be able to pull this out of the bag.
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. DugZa - Dugza just a better player and not sure how much exp jet really has in this tier either.
SS UU: Lily v. Inder - Lily has interesting takes in SS but is undoubtly a fantastic player and should be advantaged in this.
SM UU: Leru v. xujing691691 - xujing is goated, gut is saying that I'd favour him over Leru in this matchup but its honestly pretty close.
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Dj Breloominati♬ - this one seems a fairly even matchup overall but got faith in dj breloominati from teaming up with him before so.
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack - if he does actually play the match and not get subbed in somalia is pretty great at this tier, though he does have a limited number of teams that could get prepped against lol.
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup - Heysup is realistically gonna 7-0 the dpp pool in this tour barring any upsets so would be insane not to predict him.
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione - LBN is good but Alkione's also pretty good and generally a very lucky player. in a tier like this where hax can get so overwhelming in terms of turning the tides of a battle i'd say it should give alkione a slight advantage for me.
GSC UU: Lialiabeast v. F1shingRod - both budding players for this tier, but after doing tryouts with lialiabeast i would say i'm slightly more impressed with them and expect them to have the advantage here.
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle - Melbelle is apparantly like top 2 in this tier currently so would expect a pretty clear advantage, but could be a good watch nonetheless.

Knights of Baxcalibur (8)
vs Shroodles & Company (4)
SV UU: Rasche v. justdrew - gut feeling says to favour rasche more here but drew definitely has a shot of pulling this one.
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. NHelioX7 - good masters performance so predicting for nheliox7, but could see this going either way.
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Fragments - not really familiar with either of them in sv uu rn so just predicting the one i know more about in general/
SVU UU: Parpar v. TyCarter - could be a good match, tycarter's been doing well but parpar is more proven to me so gets the predict.
SS UU: Takatk v. JustFranco - takatk seemed pretty decent in tryouts and i think i trust the team support a little more.
SM UU: TMM v. Mom Lover - eh not really sure here but tmm does know the tier decently but probably hasn't played it that much recently?
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. kjdaas - not familiar with one last kiss at all. kjdaas in oras feels slightly odd but tree being in rby makes sense here, but i have more faith in her in this slot just out of knowing more about her.
BW UU: sanguine v. Real FV13 - sanguine is one of those strange people who actually likes this tier smh. fv13 is decent enough player from what ive seen though, but his team choices in uupl have left something to be desired some weeks imo so he'd really need to be bringing decent stuff here to beat sanguine imo.
DPP UU: Slip v. Xiri - xiri absolutely slays but not sure how much he knows dpp. slip definitely is enthusiastic and could seen him upsetting this one but xiri is hard to predict against.
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. innovamania - big fan of innov but hantsuki definitely seems advantaged in this matchup as long as he takes it seriously. should be a good match though.
GSC UU: Mystras Leoxses v. kenny - mystras is top 2 in the gsc pool imo, more high level tour experience than most of the pool in gsc uu and generally got good gsc building sense and would favour him against everyone except the soup.
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Tree69420 - big fan of sabelette but tree69420 was hyped up to me during the draft so gonna potentially upset and predict for tree here, hopefully the hype was well deserved.

SV UU: Hurtadoo v. pokemonisfun - hard to predict against pif lol.
SV UU: jawabarat v. Kev - jawabarat had a pretty good master's run and seemed pretty solid from what i can tell.
SV UU: Gei v. Azick - absolutely no idea in this matchup if im honest lol
SVU UU: HydreigonTheChild v. udongirl - udongirl pretty good and pif + udongirl combo is strong too. not convinced by h>l at all.
SS UU: dunoks v. Liz Angeles - dunoks was always pretty good at this tier though the french community's sauce is very hit or miss in this tier imo so could see it backfiring on him, but should be very advantaged in this matchup still.
SM UU: Attribute v. basaninho - not hugely familiar with attribute but basa did play this tier a bit in cg so gonna give him the slight advnatage.
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay - liam is goat in this tier.
BW UU: GoldCat v. Feaniix - not too familiar with either players but know a bit more about goldcat.
DPP UU: Ara v. avarice - perfect tier for dillon's sauce tbh but this will be a good matchup either way as ara is also good. dillons got hari support too though so the sauce should get balanced out as well.
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo - sulo slays but tbh gorex has a lot more exp in this tier so hard to predict against.
GSC UU: Surfy v. chub - not familiar with surfy at all, chub definitely does play gsc tiers so he should have an advantage here.
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. stunner047 - both pretty good at this tier, ice yazu was hyped up before the draft too but stunner is solid and ive teamed up with him before and have faith in him to pull this one out the bag.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dun Dun Dudunsparce (0) vs Black Ops Spidops (12)

Knights of Baxcalibur (12) vs Shroodles & Company (0)

Gilderoy Lokix (2) vs Attack on Cetitan (10)
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay - bolding liam every week
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo - Sulo plays the game?

Skeledirge of the Seas (12) vs Dolliv Garden (0)

can't wait to do better than everyone else in the predicts :fukyu:

Last edited:
Unmmmm I’ll predict ig

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (6) vs Black Ops Spidops (6)

Gilderoy Lokix (7) vs Attack on Cetitan (5)

Skeledirge of the Seas (0) vs Dolliv Garden (7)

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
low effort predictions

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (6) vs Black Ops Spidops (6)
SV UU: tier v. KM - Looking forward to this, tier has less exp in the tier but is a formidable player
SV UU: dex v. Chaos23333 - seen much more of them in uu
SV UU: Monai v. Tal0 - this guys going off in masters (i think)
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. DugZa - better pkmn player
SS UU: Lily v. Inder - good game, think sometimes lily falls into the same building patterns here so maybe inder can exploit
SM UU: Leru v. xujing691691 - never seen xujing play sm, leru can play any tier p well
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Dj Breloominati♬ - pia buff
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack - I hope we get to see somalia play this tour
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup - have to bold heysup but VERY hype matchup
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione - good matchup, ill give alkione a slight edge bc ive seen him play uu old gens more and hes french
GSC UU: Lialiabeast v. F1shingRod - I think f1shingrod has a lil more experience, or at least ive seen them play this before
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle - idk anything about melbelle but ive seen Fc do well in rby ubers, maybe he can transfer that skill

Gilderoy Lokix (4.5) vs Attack on Cetitan (7.5)
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. pokemonisfun - hes him
SV UU: jawabarat v. Kev - just gut feeling... or maybe 3 letter name buff idk
SV UU: Gei v. Azick - i hate bolding the v but these players are complete mysteries to me
SVU UU: HydreigonTheChild v. udongirl - havent seen much of udon in this tier but excited to see what she brings
SS UU: dunoks v. Liz Angeles - pia buff
SM UU: Attribute v. basaninho - tossup
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay - i like watching liam play mons
BW UU: GoldCat v. Feaniix - goldcat is heat at ru and idk the other player
DPP UU: Ara v. avarice - I always get the aras mixed up which probably means neither is noteworthy enough to be bolded vs ava
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo - just another metagame for the goat to conquer
GSC UU: Surfy v. chub - this guy learned gsc nu v quickly so maybe he can pull something out here
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. stunner047 - heat rby

Skeledirge of the Seas (0) vs Dolliv Garden (0)
SV UU: Scalescale v. kythr - i think kythr is great
SV UU: giove97 v. Javi - gut feeling
SV UU: autumn v. romanji - gut feeling, no bias ofc i wouldnt do that
SVU UU: Spellcaster v. Beraldo - better player
SS UU: zoe v. TeamCharm - probs gonna use a joke team which might be funny but wont win
SM UU: Estarossa v. Indigo Plateau - heat sm, i like esta teams in this tier
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. hjkhj - this guy has owned me on ladder since 2016
BW UU: dingbat v. Danny - ding has a lil more exp in this tier
DPP UU: burstbean v. Felines - idk gut feeling
ADV UU: Mossy Sandwich v. EllingtonReborn - this guy seems to rly like this tier so im rooting for him to succeed
GSC UU: MrSoup v. TLTK - go rats??
RBY UU: Unowndragon v. nicole7735 - ud seems kinda streaky so ill wait to bold him

Another journal point has been unearthed, it would appear that Captain Ursula did not just have to contend with snakes and spiders around the portal...

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1826061325-xk342q4rumg7su9xkxludrie3xqu9iopw

I met a traveler from an antique land,
Who said - "four vast and trunkless magnets of stone
Stand in the desert.... Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk three shattered visages lie, whose eyes,
and frazzled hair, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The volt that switched them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Shockysandias, S-rank of S-ranks,
Look upon my viability ranking, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, Bulldozed and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Last edited:
one liner predicts

Dun Dun Dudunsparce (7) vs Black Ops Spidops (5)
SV UU: tier v. KM - idk who tier is
SV UU: dex v. Chaos23333 - i think this guy is a cap main which is cool
SV UU: Monai v. Tal0 - like starry, monai was in spl
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. DugZa - dugza is generally ok at random tiers
SS UU: Lily v. Inder - uutl buff
SM UU: Leru v. xujing691691 - leru will bring the most boring team of all time
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. Dj Breloominati♬ - this guy is heat
BW UU: SOMALIA v. Tack - i am sure KANAME TOSEN the yanmega will find a way to win this one
DPP UU: Cubic Skunk v. Heysup - cubic skunk is cool though
ADV UU: LBN v. Alkione - talking to lbn about adv uu is a headache
GSC UU: Lialiabeast v. F1shingRod - this guy has a gsc uu mainer name for sure
RBY UU: Fc v. Melbelle - melbelle has a rby uu mainer name but i see fc playing rby ubers on smogtours

Knights of Baxcalibur (6) vs Shroodles & Company (6)
SV UU: Rasche v. justdrew - drew will sacrifice a newborn to win a uufpl game
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. NHelioX7 - this guy beat me in stour
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. Fragments - dangerous name
SVU UU: Parpar v. TyCarter - i think hes far in masters rn?
SS UU: Takatk v. JustFranco - other guys name reminds me of yesjulz
SM UU: TMM v. Mom Lover - sure
ORAS UU: One Last Kiss v. kjdaas - please forgive me kim
BW UU: sanguine v. Real FV13 - my goat
DPP UU: Slip v. Xiri - my goat pt 2
ADV UU: HANTSUKI v. innovamania - think ive seen him win more
GSC UU: Mystras Leoxses v. kenny - i like this guys avi
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Tree69420 - i think she tested with juoean in uu snake so sure

Gilderoy Lokix (4) vs Attack on Cetitan (8)
SV UU: Hurtadoo v. pokemonisfun - le doo might not be strong enough to beat pif
SV UU: jawabarat v. Kev - idk the other user
SV UU: Gei v. Azick - gei
SVU UU: HydreigonTheChild v. udongirl - this game will make me aware of what runs specs in the tier
SS UU: dunoks v. Liz Angeles - have never seen this person play a game but i like their name
SM UU: Attribute v. basaninho - monotype generally wins vs french
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. jay - liam runs nasty teams
BW UU: GoldCat v. Feaniix - he plays bw ru
DPP UU: Ara v. avarice - i have no idea how good avarice is at this tier but im going to assume hes competent
ADV UU: gorex v. Sulo - i think this guys a tryhard
GSC UU: Surfy v. chub - chub
RBY UU: Ice Yazu v. stunner047 - played in uu snake

SV UU: Scalescale v. kythr - he'd prob win in uupl
SV UU: giove97 v. Javi - idk
SV UU: autumn v. romanji - host buff
SVU UU: Spellcaster v. Beraldo - the gaster is carrying the stars in the builder from my understanding
SS UU: zoe v. TeamCharm - idol buff
SM UU: Estarossa v. Indigo Plateau - ohhhhh please please please ip
ORAS UU: Queen of Bean v. hjkhj - gean of gean
BW UU: dingbat v. Danny - hes good at bw uu
DPP UU: burstbean v. Felines - name reminds me of kaiba saying burst stream
ADV UU: Mossy Sandwich v. EllingtonReborn - this person talks about the tier a lot
GSC UU: MrSoup v. TLTK - gsc mainer name
RBY UU: Unowndragon v. nicole7735 - second best rbyer behind gorchic

ftr i dont think ill watch most of these games except for adv but good luck to all teams

:sv/Scyther: WEEK 1 WEEKLY HOST TIER RANKINGS :sv/Zarude:
:Magnezone: Sponsored by Magnezone. Get in the Zone. :Magnezone:

note: these are NOT the official power rankings - those are coming soon once our 9 international authors and publishing connections finalize a few things and we complete the payouts.

At the start of each week, we will rank the top 10 SV and top 5 other tiers for those starting in the week. Our rankings are based on science and research and are probably 100% accurate, but there is a hint of subjectivity to them. We take into account prior successes and failures, current status within the tier, and performance in previous weeks/overall records. So here we have it:

:Tinkaton: SV Rankings
  1. pokemonisfun
  2. justdrew
  3. kythr
  4. KM
  5. Chaos23333
  6. dex
  7. NHelioX7
  8. tier
  9. Rasche
  10. Monai

:Slither Wing: SV U Rankings
  1. DugZa
  2. Parpar
  3. udongirl
  4. Spellcaster
  5. TyCarter

:Hatterene: SS Rankings
  1. Lily
  2. dunoks
  3. JustFranco
  4. Inder
  5. TeamCharm

:Primarina: SM Rankings
  1. Indigo Plateau
  2. Estarossa
  3. Leru
  4. basaninho
  5. TMM

:Doublade: ORAS Rankings
  1. Amukamara
  2. hjkhj
  3. DJ Breloominati♬
  4. Sylvi
  5. One Last Kiss

:Victini: BW Rankings
  1. dingbat
  2. SOMALIA
  3. Tack
  4. Real FV13
  5. sanguine

:Leafeon: DPP Rankings
  1. Heysup
  2. Xiri
  3. avarice
  4. Cubic Skunk
  5. Slip

:Linoone: ADV Rankings
  1. HANTSUKI
  2. Alkione
  3. gorex
  4. innovamania
  5. EllingtonReborn

:Granbull: GSC Rankings
  1. MrSoup
  2. F1shingRod
  3. chub
  4. Mystras Leoxses
  5. TLTK

:Hypno: RBY Rankings
  1. UnownDragon
  2. Ice Yazu
  3. Stunner047
  4. Melbelle
  5. Sabelette

Here are my gsc power rankings

done quickly and with a good source of bias but I at least know some of the players

F1shingrod
Mrsoup
TLTK
Mystras Leoxes
Chub

explanation: one of these players has trained with me and dawn (formerly holly) and dawn, who is imo one of the greatest players to ever touch the tier, built for them in two team tours already. I'm not so bad myself lol. But yeah in just a month f1shingrod managed to reach the top 2 of the ladder and with basically 0 prior experience, effectively taking away the place of 2 players who for a longtime had been comfortably sitting at the top of the ranks alongside the pirate99 (who f1shingrod got close to reaching) . The ladder might consist of many noobs, you might think, maybe I'm overselling this, but consider how hard it is to find a game in gsc on ladder and consider the amount of time dedicated and how there were other players such as myself, dawn, and zben laddering every day.

ok bye.

Edit. Yeah not really a ranking it'ss more liek propaganda in favor of one player.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)