Tournament UUFPL II - Chapter 7: The Light Beyond the Stars

:mad:DOUBLE SUB ALERT:mad:

Due to scheduling and availability issues, the GSC game between the Yolo Swag Poliwags and the Saur True Venusaurs now requires a Double Sub.

The Poliwags :Poliwag: will sub in Trevelion for Juno. The Venusaurs :Venusaur: will sub in Estarossa

Also the format has been changed to GSC UUBLs pursuant to the rules and guidelines in the Celebiii tournament, but Bo1 (unless they gentlemans to Bo3)

Good luck!

Tagging avarice Expulso holly for awareness

It was a good run team!

GGs.

I enjoyed teaming up with you guys and I can't deny that UUFPL once more has succeeded in bringing me much closer to the underused community as well as current gen as whole.

Thanks to Accel Volk Banbadoro dunoks Spitfire arcanine for helping me out with my teams.

Dunoks you've been a good captain. Same goes to Brexus

Celebiii good job and good luck.
and best of luck to all the other players in the pool. If I have a regret it's that I become my own worst enemy when prepping for these tournaments and panic. I know that we have bad runs but as a team member I feel at least partly responsible for my two losses (the first vs Airfare) the second making a bad call vs Thor, who up until our match gave me the strong feeling would have been ready for me taking it slow.

Edit: when I realized this I had to include it. IT IS CRIMINAL THAT I HAVE THE PRE-CONTRIBUTOR BADGE AND BFM DOES NOT. Please fix this. He has done so much for the underused community and honestly I think that this tournament is one of the most fun events out there. Thank you.

Last edited:

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Looks like cherryb0ng beat me to it... well, I also want to do a few quick shoutouts. Obviously, I will start by shouting out the entire Kakuna Matata team. It was a lot of fun and I think we gave it our all. We had a few rough patches here and there, but I think we worked well together and made a pretty solid team overall. Thanks for the fun tournament and thanks for drafting me. We'll get 'em next time.

Thanks to BigFatMantis and Monky25 for hosting. Among the detailed spreadsheet, the Bench Challenges, the All Star week, and the plot, this is probably the most robust and detailed tournament on Smogon. I hope y'all get to host again. (By the way, can we please get BigFatMantis a Pre-Contributor Badge or something? Not within my power, but it definitely feels like he deserves it unless I'm missing something.)

Thanks to itsjustdrew, Permission Slip, and anyone else who contributed to the UUFPL Podcast. They're always fun to listen to and satisfy a very particular niche in the Pokemon Community. I hope you can continue making them.

Thanks to the RBY pool for keeping this tournament interesting and competitive. I'm always happy to see this tier get some representation in tournament. Maybe we'll end up in UUPL one day. Special shoutout to Unowndragon who dominated the pool and showed how consistent a strong player can be in RBY UU. Going 6-0 (maybe 7-0 or more soon) is incredible; it's a shame we never got to face off. Also, great work by stunner047, who also had a very dominant performance. I'm not sure if this was your first RBY UU Tournament, but it was an impressive start if it was and I hope it encourages people to start you in the future. Keep these names in mind for RBYPL III folks.

Thanks to my sparring partner Shellnuts for helping me prepare in one or two weeks and always helping me improve in my favorite tier. Similarly, thanks to May for encouraging me to join this tournament. I would have liked to be a part of your team, but I still had a great time with Kakuna Matata and I guess I can't blame you for drafting Unowndragon.

Finally, a big thanks to TheKingKarp for (most likely) agreeing to a dead game this week, because I am just tired now.

Thanks all, and maybe I'll see you here next year. Cheers!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I won in an RBY moment g3 gg was a pleasure regardless.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1uu-627671
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1uu-627674
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1uu-627676

Thanks to managers for drafting even if they got baited to pay 10.5k for me lool get fucked, still cool people, thanks to the hosts for hosting, thanks to the chill team, and thanks to klam for picking up lame ass GSC cause not a single person was trying to play that haha.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Won vs LuckyPiper gg https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-627689

Venusaurs sorry we didn't have a better season :( it was nice getting to know all of you though and i hope you do well in future tours! especially 5-1 carry omicorio and the heart of our team Venuesaur who we initially got just for the name NGL but is genuinely super nice and a hard worker that deserves to be in more of these tours :]

Last edited:
This is the end for the Kakunas. We fought to the end. I want to congratulate you all for your involvement and your seriousness. It was a first for me as a manager and it was a pleasant experience. I will now turn to case by case.

BigFatMantis ty again for your contribution. A second year as an host and it shows that you always take pleasure in organizing this uufpl

Monky25 ty also for ur contribution as host this year. YANMEGAS VIBES !!!!

itsjustdrew Permission Slip Sirwings Totomon idk who else ty for uufpl podcast for each week :)

dunoks FR: Catapultes tes ... nan j'déconne pour être honnête heureusement que tu étais là en co-cap sinon j'aurai jamais eu le temps de faire ce que tu as fait merci pour tout frérot. EN: to be honest luckily you were my co-cap otherwise I would never have had time to do what you did thank you for all bro

basaninho FR: Merci pour l'aide que tu as fourni à Draph en SM. Une grande partie attendent ton retour ici.
EN: ty for helping Draph in SM. A lot of them are waiting for you to come back here.

choolio BW goat ! ty for helping Raj in BW :)

KSt3ve FR: T'es mon tutor obligé de te s/o merci des conseils.
EN: You are my tutor. I am obliged to shotout thank you for advices

Ara sry I really can't upbid you if I did that we didn’t have enough for Volk. So yh I'm so sry :(

ty also to the uufpl managers who were present. I won’t mention you but know that you have my gratitude. Organizing and motivating a team isn't easy

DugZa Honestly, idk why you thank us with dunoks when we pass you teams when you have won most of your games. It’s up to us to thank you for bringing home wins.

eu AzZoCcX Ron FR: Il est vrai que vous étiez quelques fois remplaçant mais vous avez toujours été présent lorsqu'il fallait jouer . Merci pour cela.
EN: It is true that you were sometimes substitute but you were always present when it was necessary to play. Thank you for that.

Draphirion FR: Le CRACKITO ! Merci pour avoir mate en SM, tu nous as rapporté quelques wins qui nous ont fait du bien.
EN: CRACKITO ! Ty for playing in SM, you brought us some wins that did us good.

Felines Dj Breloominati♬ Oras mates ty both you have always been present :)

RaJ.Shoot ty for playing BW. You are really a strong ingame and you have always built your teams in a serious way

Goblin ty for playing dpp like Draph you brought us some wins that did us good.

Accel ty for playing adv armaldo meta . we did well with dunoks to waste money. as long as it’s not IRL money. It’s okay :)

cherryb0ng ty for playing gsc. You're still strong in this tier. YANMEGAS VIBES !!!

Volk I think I mate with the 2 best rby players. Whether it’s Lusch having the first edition and now you. You did a really good uufpl

Banbadoro I'm sry I couldn’t let you play much but that you were precious to us. You were very active and thank you for that.

I apologize now if my English is disastrous. I'm sry :(

Now I have only one thing to say Cam Amukamara One of you go get her. You were our captains when Somalia was gone. It’s time to take responsibilities. YANMEGAS VIBES !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)