Project UU Teambuilding Lab (Accepting requests)

Hello Teambuilders, this is my first smogon post so if the formatting is off, apologies in advance. The mon I want to call attention to is Lucario, specifically, this set:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Vacuum Wave
-Flash Cannon
-Dark Pulse

Why this set? With the introduction of Excadrill, Hydreigon, Skarmory, and the typical UU threats of Aegislash, Krookodile, and Jirachi, Lucario can OHKO or 2HKO most if not every mon in UU except Chansey at +2. Otherwise, Fighting, Steel, and Dark form neutral coverage for any mon that comes its way.

Situationally, this Lucario set would function best as a late game cleaner. Priority Vacuum Wave is often slept on, with Lucario being the strongest user of the move with a 115 SpA stat and STAB. While the move itself isn't strong (coming in at 40BP), the priority is important for a mon that clocks in at 279 Speed. What team would work around this mon? Thank you in advance!

kvm1999 I have your Lucario team.

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
I went a HO route with suicide lead Excadrill. Galarian Moltres helps take advantage of Aegislash, which while you have Dark Pulse for, without a boost you can't reliably break through. It's also the Ground immunity you need for Excadrill to not spam EQ. We have a double dance set with Weakness Policy, which set up move you click varies in each game. Latias adds a lot of useful defensive utility. I was pretty much forced to run CM Psyshock on this because Lucario is unable to break Chansey. Ended up with Mystical Fire to break Excadrill more easily. I went Mimikyu because the Disguise was insurance against an Azumarill if it ever BD up. It also helps against Latias, Kommo-o, and Hydreigon, etc. Finally, I went Lycanroc-D as a powerful physical wallbreaker that can apply pressure on stuff like Mandibuzz and even Skarmory. The Speed tier and priority are also appreciated.

Edit: Was testing with an SD variant which I think is a more effective set so another version if you want to try it out https://pokepast.es/c00843a3eb66ce69

Enjoy

SS UU.

I'm trying to build a team around choice specs doom desire jirachi but it doesn't seem to be working out for me.

So, if anyone can help create a balanced team with decent momentum around a doom desire jirachi (doesn't need to be specs), I'd appreciate it. Ty :)

Hey! Seeing as alola-tails has gone, I'm looking for something using Gyarados with substitute/Swords Dance. Thanks!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey Eric Rasputin, I'm done with your Doom Desire Jirachi team, hopefully you like it! :33
1635263409861.png1635264298855.png1635264330367.png1635264348886.png1635264418758.png1635264392606.png
The team is built around Doom Desire Jirachi as you requested, didn't really fit Specs because I've found Expert Belt to be more reliable in order to change moves and reliably taking advantage of all it's moves without being locked in one of them. You can use Thunderbolt over Thunder but I personally appreciate the damage in Slowking. Kommo-O takes advantage of Doom Desire support due to it's big fairy weakness and it's inability to break through them, it also offers a wincon to the team able to pseudo-check Aegislash with Bulletproof. Skarmory is a very sturdy wall able to check foes such as Excadrill, DD Mence and Krookodile while also providing Spikes support. It runs 56 Speed + Brave Bird in order to revenge kill Conkeldurr. Krookodile Scarf Rocks provides Speed Control, Electric Immunity and Stealth Rock in one slot, while also revenge killing the likes of Latias. Tentacruel provides a check for Primarina, Keldeo, Aegislash and Bulu without Zen Headbutt while also providing Knock Off and Spin support in one slot. Sylveon is on the last slot as it can provide Wish support in order to keep the team healthy while also checking Hydreigon and non-CM Latias in one slot. You can run Heal Bell on Sylveon if you get annoyed for status but I prefer Mystical Fire in order to chunk Excadrill, Skarmory and Aegislash. Hopefully you enjoy the team!

Hi i would like to request a UU team with both of my favorite gen 5 pokemon Hydreigon and krookodile pls the 4 other mon can be whatever. I prefer it to be an offensive team but dont mind the specific, it can be bulky offense,balance offense or hyper offense. I just love the design and typing of both mons so much but i suck at making any decent team so help here would be very nice. Thx

Arahane Gyarados team though I didn't make it Substitute and it also doesn't get Swords Dance so I assume you meant Dragon Dance.

<Click the sprites for the importable>
Pretty standard Gyarados set here not much to talk about. One thing to note is you could consider Mystic Water as your item as the team has two means to keep hazards off and the extra power boost might help you break through Mandibuzz and Skarmory. Nihilego seemed like a nice partner as it pressures the tier's Grass-types and is capable of forcing progress against stuff like Celesteela, Skarmory, and Chansey. Mandibuzz is here to pivot into a bunch of stuff like Aegislash, Excadrill, Gyarados, etc. I went with Brave Bird so you can pressure Kommo-o and Conkeldurr. Hatterene gives another pivot into Latias and Hydra + a better Fight resist. The spread helps take hits from LO Latias with the rest in phys def. Healing Wish can help give your Gyara another chance to sweep. Scarf Excadrill is here for Speed control and role compression. Finally, Tangrowth is a secondary Excadrill answer and helps pivot into and wear down stuff like Lycanroc-D and Zygarde-10%.

Jtyson Here you go

So this core has a lot of flaws because you stack a huge Fighting-type weakness on top of the other type weaknesses, the two don't necessarily have much synergy together. I went with a more Balance approach because of these restrictions. In order to compress the roles needed I had to go with Scarf Hydreigon and a standard rocks Krookodile. I went with max HP to handle Excadrill and Aegislash better. Weezing-G is the best response to most of the strong Fighting-types in the tier like Conkeldurr and Mienshao. The spread makes you faster than Azumarill. Chansey is used as a glue to handle most special attackers in the tier and gives big Wish support for most of the Pokemon on this team. Tangrowth was added because you need a Ground resist with Excadrill being able to cancel out Hydreigon's Levitate. I used a mixed spread here because although the Pokemon isn't common I needed to respect Keldeo with the initial core being so weak to it. I opted for Toxic to punish Pokemon like Mandibuzz, Kommo-o, Salamence, etc. Finally, Conkeldurr is added because this team needed breaking power. Its Mach Punch is also useful for dealing with stuff like Excadrill and Lycanroc-D.

Enjoy

Arahane Gyarados team though I didn't make it Substitute and it also doesn't get Swords Dance so I assume you meant Dragon Dance.

Pretty standard Gyarados set here not much to talk about. One thing to note is you could consider Mystic Water as your item as the team has two means to keep hazards off and the extra power boost might help you break through Mandibuzz and Skarmory. Nihilego seemed like a nice partner as it pressures the tier's Grass-types and is capable of forcing progress against stuff like Celesteela, Skarmory, and Chansey. Mandibuzz is here to pivot into a bunch of stuff like Aegislash, Excadrill, Gyarados, etc. I went with Brave Bird so you can pressure Kommo-o and Conkeldurr. Hatterene gives another pivot into Latias and Hydra + a better Fight resist. The spread helps take hits from LO Latias with the rest in phys def. Healing Wish can help give your Gyara another chance to sweep. Scarf Excadrill is here for Speed control and role compression. Finally, Tangrowth is a secondary Excadrill answer and helps pivot into and wear down stuff like Lycanroc-D and Zygarde-10%.

Jtyson Here you go

So this core has a lot of flaws because you stack a huge Fighting-type weakness on top of the other type weaknesses, the two don't necessarily have much synergy together. I went with a more Balance approach because of these restrictions. In order to compress the roles needed I had to go with Scarf Hydreigon and a standard rocks Krookodile. I went with max HP to handle Excadrill and Aegislash better. Weezing-G is the best response to most of the strong Fighting-types in the tier like Conkeldurr and Mienshao. The spread makes you faster than Azumarill. Chansey is used as a glue to handle most special attackers in the tier and gives big Wish support for most of the Pokemon on this team. Tangrowth was added because you need a Ground resist with Excadrill being able to cancel out Hydreigon's Levitate. I used a mixed spread here because although the Pokemon isn't common I needed to respect Keldeo with the initial core being so weak to it. I opted for Toxic to punish Pokemon like Mandibuzz, Kommo-o, Salamence, etc. Finally, Conkeldurr is added because this team needed breaking power. Its Mach Punch is also useful for dealing with stuff like Excadrill and Lycanroc-D.

Enjoy
Thanks for the team i know that the 2 mons i request doesnt make sense together competitive wise due to shared fighting and fairy weakness which is everywhere. Im just a casual showdown player that enjoy using pokemon that i like and i just finish a nuzlock recently with Hydreigon and krookodile so i could not resist. Sr for the rambling, I enjoy the team very much. I won 3 low ladder game already but 2 are due to chansey just walling bad team super hard XD. Big ups for making it a balance team, just my style.

May someone build the best team possible for this core?

I'd also like a team that revolves around:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
May someone build the best team possible for this core?

I'd also like a team that revolves around:

Hey as shown in the rules, you can only request one team per week. I'll be happy to build this request this weekend, but would you mind picking which one of these you would prefer for now? (Can request all 3 mons on one team if you want but be aware that we may end up having to drop a Pokemon if it becomes awkward to work with).

Rules:
  • Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.

Hey as shown in the rules, you can only request one team per week. I'll be happy to build this request this weekend, but would you mind picking which one of these you would prefer for now? (Can request all 3 mons on one team if you want but be aware that we may end up having to drop a Pokemon if it becomes awkward to work with).
The first one, my most sincere apologies.

Jtyson Here you go

Enjoy
Ah I totally missed this, thanks a lot!

Hey y'all, hope your day is going well! So I saw in the most recent VR update that Toxtricity rose and I'm curious about what it does, so I'm requesting a team with it. Preferably would like a more offensive team.

:ss/toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch

:bw/feraligatr: @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

A fun mon I really like in DPP UU but never really able to build towards its strengths... which is why I am asking a dpp uu team about dd feraligatr as I really like its ability to break past faster mons when it gets an opportunity to set up. I really would like a screens team/ a very offensive team to be able to let it set up easily and sweep, and offensive teams can capitalize off the broken holes in the opponent left by feraligatr

Hi! I'm new to Smogon/Pokemon Showdown and I was wondering if the people here could help me out! I am building a UU Sand Team, and was looking for suggestions/help with building the team. This is my current team: UU Sand Team(Sorry, I didn't know how to do that thing where it shows the pokemon's avatars). My defensive core is Gastrodon and Skarmory, I have Gigalith for some utility, and everything else is part of my offensive core. During my testing on the ladder I found a couple things:
  • Gigalith is not only my sandstreamer, what also great utility, and a pretty good tank, with the sp def. boost given to rock types in sand
  • Excadrill is a great sweeper(obviously)
  • Skarmory is an amazing tank and is an amazing pivot
  • The rest of the mons work ok, but I feel there is probably something better I could use in their place, especially for Moltres and Lycanroc
  • Finally, my team has a lot of problems with Rotom Wash, Slowking, and Milotic.
Again, I am new to this world and would love any advice/suggestions/new team builds that you all can provide!

Hi! I'm new to Smogon/Pokemon Showdown and I was wondering if the people here could help me out! I am building a UU Sand Team, and was looking for suggestions/help with building the team. This is my current team: UU Sand Team(Sorry, I didn't know how to do that thing where it shows the pokemon's avatars). My defensive core is Gastrodon and Skarmory, I have Gigalith for some utility, and everything else is part of my offensive core.
This is not right thread for team rating, this is it:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ss-other-teams.546/

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

So, Mamoswine is a terrific wallreaking mon that every single mon that wants to switch-in to it has to think twice before wanting to go toe to toe with the behemoth. Even resists take a hefty chunk, not to mention freeze dry is a risk water types have to consider.(Although we're not running it sadly) I'm looking for a Bulky Offense(Or Offense) team that can take advantage of the holes it tears up with a choice band. I forgot to mention this is for gen 8 uu

Last edited:
Could someone build me a neat-o team around Zarude's Dad and Conk's Elder? If you do, thanks :)

Zarude-Dada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Hello! It seems that my previous request went up in smoke as Regieleki was whisked away (again). Could I please request a team with SpD Rotom-H?

Rotom-Heat
:ss/rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Pain Split / Defog
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic​

SpD Rotom-H is an exceptionally splashable tank with a good spread of utility that synergizes well with balance structures. It helps to alleviate teambuilding worries with defensive Grass and Steel-types, as well as Moltres and Mandibuzz. It helps to check Thundurus-Therian, Aegislash, Moltres-Galar, Hydreigon, Salamence, Zarude, and Mamoswine. Choice Scarf Zarude is a good partner, but my building skills are limited so it's the only one I was 100% sure of.

Apologies for the Analysis-like spread, there is just a lot of set tweaking to do depending on the team. Build to your liking, thanks in advance! :)

(Gen 8 UU)

Hi! I would love a (preferably BO/balance) team that is centered around Specs Primarina. Here is the set that I was thinking of:

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Primarina is a devastating wallbreaker in the current metagame and very threatening. It is also similar to mons that I enjoy using in other formats. I'll probably need multiple pivots to put Primarina in a good position, but that's just a starting thought and not something that you have to listen to if you don't see fit.

Thanks in advance for building a team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)